It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) 
Boo

Post Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Question. How many fruit types are there?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
WeeGee wrote:
Question. How many fruit types are there?

There are the standard fruit for animal crossing:

Apples
Cherries
Oranges
Peaches
Pears
& Coconuts.

New to the game are:

Bananas
Durians
Lemons
Lychees
Mangos
(& Perfect fruit)

Thus 12 fruit total that can be obtained.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

Got the game today! How do I check my FC?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
WeeGee wrote:
Got the game today! How do I check my FC?

That's actually in the friends list, you only get 1 code for the entire system, not per game anymore :). It's the redish icon on the home screen that shows a picture of a (block)head. It shows your "friend card" that has your number on it to give to others. Then the game should recognize friends that have it.

Even though I don't have the game, that's how it works for others (Kid Icarus, Mariokart 7, etc)

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Yep he's right! Once you have your FC you trade it to other people and then you can play Animal Crossing New Leaf via wifi with others if you so desire.

Happy crossing! :D

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I must say when Bill from the Treehouse showed his room with him wearing the Majora's Mask, and holding the triforce, it sparked my interest. Are these items harder to come by or is there some sort of way to lead to collecting Nintendo items?

Typically I like to 100% games and collect everything, but I don't think I have the time for it in this game, but if it has all sorts of cool Nintendo related items to collect, and they aren't premium or rare or hard to come by, then I may actually try to pick it up.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
I must say when Bill from the Treehouse showed his room with him wearing the Majora's Mask, and holding the triforce, it sparked my interest. Are these items harder to come by or is there some sort of way to lead to collecting Nintendo items?

Typically I like to 100% games and collect everything, but I don't think I have the time for it in this game, but if it has all sorts of cool Nintendo related items to collect, and they aren't premium or rare or hard to come by, then I may actually try to pick it up.

The majority of Nintendo items are bought in a store in the game. The store offers one (or two if your store upgrades after a while) fortune cookie, which can be bought only with two Play Coins. It's the only item in the game that needs Play Coins as far as I know. These fortune cookies are then eaten and you can give your fortune to the shopkeeper. The fortune is random and it determines which item you get. So basically, you can get 1-2 Nintendo items a day but expect duplicates after a while.

The Majora's Mask and Triforce and other similar items are gotten through that method. The only other way is like for some clothing items like the Mario hat... those are gotten from the Able Sisters shop, which is a clothing store. There are new clothes every day so it's random when those items show up. I wouldn't say the Nintendo items are rare, but it may take time to collect them all. Then again, if you play online with others, you can trade and get them much faster.

I personally love the Nintendo items and that's what my house is filled with in the game. I even just created a museum exhibit where I will display Nintendo items.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
DarkWish wrote:
I personally love the Nintendo items and that's what my house is filled with in the game. I even just created a museum exhibit where I will display Nintendo items.

It's funny how great minds think alike cause I did the exact same thing with the exhibit I'm doing in my museum! :lol:

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

lol. How many upgrades did you put in your house? Im up to number 4

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:56 am
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
I finally gave in and got it today.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:58 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
WeeGee wrote:

I have all of the rooms just not the basement, back room, left room, or right room expanded fully. XD I'm saving back enough bellage to be able to get it all done with in a full week.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

I have all of the rooms just not the basement, back room, left room, or right room expanded fully. XD I'm saving back enough bellage to be able to get it all done with in a full week.

I have a basement, upper floor and a backroom. Also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:55 am
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Lol yea turnips are used as ways to buy into the stock market in this game. XD @ noahdp: Really? Congrats! What'd you name your town & how many folk do you have so far?

What I think is funny is that you can sell to two different vendors; Reese & Timmy/Tommy Nook. Reese will always buy your stuff for way more bells then the Nooklings ever will so I feel that the Nooklings are kind of useless in selling stuff to in this title. I think it would have been better if the Nooklings explained they don't purchase anything from the player & ask them to go to Reese instead & thank the player for their consideration.

Any who my town has been perfect for 15 days straight & I finally got my golden watering can a day ago! I am so happy & it's really nice because it can water so many flowers at once. :D

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
queenzelda wrote:
Lol yea turnips are used as ways to buy into the stock market in this game. XD @ noahdp: Really? Congrats! What'd you name your town & how many folk do you have so far?

What I think is funny is that you can sell to two different vendors; Reese & Timmy/Tommy Nook. Reese will always buy your stuff for way more bells then the Nooklings ever will so I feel that the Nooklings are kind of useless in selling stuff to in this title. I think it would have been better if the Nooklings explained they don't purchase anything from the player & ask them to go to Reese instead & thank the player for their consideration.

Any who my town has been perfect for 15 days straight & I finally got my golden watering can a day ago! I am so happy & it's really nice because it can water so many flowers at once. :D

I named my town Kanto would have named it Hyrule but Zeldaboy16 beat me to it.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 am
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I need to get back to it. Have only played once in about 2 weeks.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
@ noahdp: Some one apparently named their town Bacon & I had no idea before I named mine. I only found out by browsing the dream's that I could visit via the dream suite. Still I'm always going to name my town Bacon I don't care if some one else does name it that before I can cause I'm weird like that. XD

@ Hattrick: Oh? Well maybe you should come on over to Bacon some time & we could liek hang out and stuff. ;3 :tongue:

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Attachment:
HNI_0027_MPO.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
^Hehe nice. I've got like 12m bells saved in my bank. I should post a pic next time I check my balance.. Also I make over 1m in bells in just one night by bug & shark grinding by making 3 to 4 trips to de isle. ^^;

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
So, a few questions...

What's your strategy for getting a big house?
Is it worth getting the Dream Suite thing?
Do you use the AC Plaza much on Wii U, and if so, what do you do?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
So, a few questions...

What's your strategy for getting a big house?
Is it worth getting the Dream Suite thing?
Do you use the AC Plaza much on Wii U, and if so, what do you do?

Lately I've been more focused on saving up money for community projects so I haven't paid as much on my house. But I think I will start doing that. I usually get a lot of bells from an island trip at night to catch beetles, so that money is what I'll use to pay for home upgrades. For the Dream Suite, I think it's worth it. You can view random towns from people or go to specific people's towns if you have their Dream Code. I think it's really cool seeing what other people did with their towns, lots of creative stuff. Plus, if you find Wendell, you can actually keep one of their designs they've made if you like it.

As for the Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U, I've used it once and then went on vacation so I was unable to again. There's nothing to really do on it, it's basically the Miiverse community for the game, but with Animal Crossing characters and a neat way to look at it. So I may pop in from time to time to just see what people are saying, or maybe post some screenshots I've taken. But other than that, not much to do.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I think I am going to resort to saving bells instead of spending them all the time. That way, I can treat it somewhat similarly to real life. Maybe I can eventually just live on the interest. :-)

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well when playing my strategy was to upgrade my house first as much as I could because I was rewarded with going to the island. Then as I ended up going to the island I started to focus more on the projects getting completed in the town. So now that I have all of the projects I want up in my town I've been spending more time saving up towards upgrading my house. Which btw: is complete!! My house is as big as you can make in in NL. I kind of miss getting a free flag as with City Folk...
Spoiler: show
As the song Nook sings to you for your 'reward' is kinda.. On the lame side..

Now all that's left is to get the exterior I want for my house and I'll be done.. Oh and don't forget the interior too. xp

Also there is ways to still go shopping; you just have to make an early trip out to the Island & make a quick 99,000 bells and your set for any kind of shopping trip you want to have in the plaza.

As for the Wii U AC Plaza? Personally I love it. Yea there isn't much to do with it besides mark your favorite folk & talk about the game itself; but it's better then having nothing in the Miiverse for the Animal Crossing series as a whole otherwise impo.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I dunno why but I've all the sudden started tripping all the time. Had not happened before last night. What's up with that!? lol

Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
I dunno why but I've all the sudden started tripping all the time. Had not happened before last night. What's up with that!? lol

I think that happens if you have "bad luck" in the game or something. I can't remember what triggers it. But it should stop the next day.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Ahhh... So I went to a public island, caught a few things, and then had a "network error," so I lost all the stuff I caught. Grr...

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next