It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) 
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
SirVenom wrote:
Something is very wrong with this picture.
Attachment:
HNI_0017_JPG.JPG

Haha! :tongue:

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Now that I've been using my 3DS more I upgraded to an XL! The old one will be going to my sister so she can play the new Fire Emblem and Pokemon (when the time comes).

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Jack wrote:
Now that I've been using my 3DS more I upgraded to an XL! The old one will be going to my sister so she can play the new Fire Emblem and Pokemon (when the time comes).

If only they would release a color I want, I'd strongly consider it...

Anyway, I'll probably get back to AC tonight now that e3 is over and life is getting a bit less hectic.

-----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Considering buying New Leaf, but not sure if it's worth it. I've read a review stating that it's a game in which you should take your time, relax, and just play it. There are bosses, no winning, just playing.

Anyone care to comment on the game. I'm not asking that anyone try and sell me on it, but tell me what the game is like, is it fun, or does it tend to get boring. I can't play every day, and if I do play, it will only be for 10-20 minutes at a time, is that a problem?

Just curious...

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
JHardin1112 wrote:
Considering buying New Leaf, but not sure if it's worth it. I've read a review stating that it's a game in which you should take your time, relax, and just play it. There are bosses, no winning, just playing.

Anyone care to comment on the game. I'm not asking that anyone try and sell me on it, but tell me what the game is like, is it fun, or does it tend to get boring. I can't play every day, and if I do play, it will only be for 10-20 minutes at a time, is that a problem?

Just curious...

It's a game where you can just do whatever you want. There is no end game really, unless you make one up for yourself. For example, you can collect lots of different bugs and fish (some only during certain times of the year). If you want to, you can challenge yourself to collect them all and donate them to the museum. Or you can just sell them and make money to upgrade your house or build other projects in town. If you're into creating and sharing designs, you can make designs for clothes, hats, umbrellas, etc and share via QR codes. It's all up to what you want to do and how much you want to invest in the game.

Ever since the first Animal Crossing game, I personally have tried to collect Nintendo items. But with each game, I've added more and more things I want to do. This is the first game that I'm really serious about trying to collect all the bugs and fish and stuff, so that's another fun part of the game for me. So what's great about this game is that you can decide what you want to do. And personally, I also love playing with others so the fact that my sisters and I play online together is great.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Jeremy, I never thought I'd like it either, but once I played the DS version, I was hooked. I didn't get it for Wii, though, because to me, this is a game meant for handheld.

-----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

I can't send mail outside of my town. That's a step backward. Oh well.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 am
Forum Administrator

I can't send mail outside of my town. That's a step backward. Oh well.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Serious question here...I know what is fun to one person, may not be fun to another, but what are some of the fun things to do in the game? If I don't have time for multiplayer, is it still a good purchase? I've never been that interested in the game, doesn't seem that appealing, but then I keep reading great reviews and it seems as though so many people are playing it. Perhaps I'm being too closed off?

I certainly don't want to waste my limited gaming money, especially if I don't end up liking it, but I'm willing to take a chance.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
JHardin1112 wrote:
Serious question here...I know what is fun to one person, may not be fun to another, but what are some of the fun things to do in the game? If I don't have time for multiplayer, is it still a good purchase? I've never been that interested in the game, doesn't seem that appealing, but then I keep reading great reviews and it seems as though so many people are playing it. Perhaps I'm being too closed off?

I certainly don't want to waste my limited gaming money, especially if I don't end up liking it, but I'm willing to take a chance.

So, most of my opinions come from the DS game, since I've only played this one for a couple hours. But I can tell you what I liked about it, and why it helped me decide to buy this one.

I hardly ever play multiplayer, so most of my time was on the single-player game. The basic draw is that there are TONS of things to find and unlock. It's like it never ends. So, for people who are all about collecting or 100% a game, this is great. That would be the main appeal for me. Other aspects are that it is great for short plays or long plays, which is why I love to have it on a handheld but never purchased the console version. I can play it on a long flight or while I'm waiting for a doctor appt. Other things I like include the humor, the relaxed feel, and the ability to customize many aspects of the game (clothes, house, etc.).

Then, when it comes to the multiplayer, it is fun to see what others have done in their towns, share items, and just play together. New Leaf expands on that quite a bit, too, but I've not experienced even half of it yet. Then, you've got the StreetPass stuff on top of that.

All in all, there is a lot packed into this $35 game!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Watch some videos on YouTube, and go from there. There aren't really any spoilers to worry about.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
hattrick wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:

So, most of my opinions come from the DS game, since I've only played this one for a couple hours. But I can tell you what I liked about it, and why it helped me decide to buy this one.

I hardly ever play multiplayer, so most of my time was on the single-player game. The basic draw is that there are TONS of things to find and unlock. It's like it never ends. So, for people who are all about collecting or 100% a game, this is great. That would be the main appeal for me. Other aspects are that it is great for short plays or long plays, which is why I love to have it on a handheld but never purchased the console version. I can play it on a long flight or while I'm waiting for a doctor appt. Other things I like include the humor, the relaxed feel, and the ability to customize many aspects of the game (clothes, house, etc.).

Then, when it comes to the multiplayer, it is fun to see what others have done in their towns, share items, and just play together. New Leaf expands on that quite a bit, too, but I've not experienced even half of it yet. Then, you've got the StreetPass stuff on top of that.

All in all, there is a lot packed into this $35 game!

Thanks hattrick, that is quite helpful!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:30 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
SirVenom wrote:
Watch some videos on YouTube, and go from there. There aren't really any spoilers to worry about.

One step ahead of you!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:30 pm
Forum Administrator

A pitfall trap for my brother, for using my bulletin board to encourage insubordination in my subjects.

Attachment:
HNI_0018_MPO.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
So, I've only StreetPassed about 4-5 people with ACNL, but I've got about 10 in my Happy Home Showcase... Is that normal? Do they come from SpotPass too? I only know of the Reggie one coming from SpotPass. Would I get them from another game? I know how the Miis I see in MK7 show up in my Mii Plaza, so, would they show up in ACNL too? A bit confused where these people and homes came from.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
So, I've only StreetPassed about 4-5 people with ACNL, but I've got about 10 in my Happy Home Showcase... Is that normal? Do they come from SpotPass too? I only know of the Reggie one coming from SpotPass. Would I get them from another game? I know how the Miis I see in MK7 show up in my Mii Plaza, so, would they show up in ACNL too? A bit confused where these people and homes came from.

The North American version of the game added SpotPass functionality, so yea others will show up from SpotPass. I think I got a few other than Reggie that didn't show up in my StreetPass Mii Plaza so they must have come via SpotPass. But you can get homes from people via StreetPass and SpotPass. Japanese version is only StreetPass, they added SpotPass functionality for us since it's harder to get StreetPasses in the west.

On another note, I've been playing this game an hour here and there. Sometimes at night before bed, sometimes during car rides, or other times just when I have time with my sisters. Through it all, I've somehow managed about 50 hours of the game so far. One of my sisters is at close to 70 hours, and I'm not sure about my other sister but she plays often too. Crazy part is that after 50 hours, I still feel like I have a lot to do. Man, I love the Animal Crossing series. So awesome.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

DOUBLE RAINBOW!11!! OH MAI... sorry, had to.
Attachment:
HNI_0023_MPO.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:11 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
SirVenom wrote:
DOUBLE RAINBOW!11!! OH MAI... sorry, had to.
Attachment:
HNI_0023_MPO.JPG

Woah, that's cool. I didn't know they had double rainbows in the game.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Oh yea double rainbows show but not as often as some might think.. It's still a nice touch though.
My character in my town underneath my flag design.

Also when ever you get bad luck in this game; running is way out of the question because your character just falls flat on their face when ever they try to run some where. :???: I've read online that your charaacter get's 'cursed' if they keep wearing the same outfit all the time.. So maybe a good idea is to change outfits as often as possible is what I think. But that's just me. :tongue:

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Oh yea double rainbows show but not as often as some might think.. It's still a nice touch though.
My character in my town underneath my flag design.

Also when ever you get bad luck in this game; running is way out of the question because your character just falls flat on their face when ever they try to run some where. :???: I've read online that your character get's 'cursed' if they keep wearing the same outfit all the time.. So maybe a good idea is to change outfits as often as possible is what I think. But that's just me. :tongue:

lol. This is a nice change. Does the Animal Villagers change outfits?

Also,

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY GIIIIIRL!

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
WeeGee wrote:

Yes it is. And YES they do. I've had a few change clothes even in front of my character. Something esle different is that they actually SIT IN CHAIRS. And I've even come into a Folk's house to find them sound asleep standing up. It's just liek wierd. XD

Me with Cheri one of my residents. I found her standing up sound asleep in her home when I came over for a visit. Aww she's just so cute!!! :3

WeeGee wrote:
Also, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY GIIIIIRL!

XD Hey. ^^

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

Yes it is. And YES they do. I've had a few change clothes even in front of my character. Something esle different is that they actually SIT IN CHAIRS. And I've even come into a Folk's house to find them sound asleep standing up. It's just liek wierd. XD

WeeGee wrote:
Also, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY GIIIIIRL!

XD Hey. ^^

Are there penguins? They sleep up. And I am wondering about them changing clothes. How does the game show the change? I might have had a cross between a "LOL" and a "WTF" moment.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:20 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
WeeGee wrote:
Are there penguins?

Yes there are. :3 It's random which kind of residents you get though when ever you start your town file. :3

WeeGee wrote:
They sleep up. And I am wondering about them changing clothes. How does the game show the change? I might have had a cross between a "LOL" and a "WTF" moment.

Standing up yes. When ever the game shows them changing clothes it shows them spinning above their head into the clothes. Same thing with your character when you change their clothes. I know it sounds awkward how characters change clothes in this game but that's how it looks to me. :3

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
WeeGee wrote:
Are there penguins?

Yes there are. :3 It's random which kind of residents you get though when ever you start your town file. :3

WeeGee wrote:
They sleep up. And I am wondering about them changing clothes. How does the game show the change? I might have had a cross between a "LOL" and a "WTF" moment.

Standing up yes. When ever the game shows them changing clothes it shows them spinning above their head into the clothes. Same thing with your character when you change their clothes. I know it sounds awkward how characters change clothes in this game but that's how it looks to me. :3

Penguins sleep standing up irl. Can you justify a purchase of this game to me? I might get it.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well you'll be able to hang out with me in my town of Bacon. :P XD Otherwise I think it should be up to you. This game is worth it to be able to wifi play with others & build your town how you like. A town with it's own personality built around how you want it.

It's fun to have freinds over and talk to. Then every one can go to the Island where there you can play games and arn medals for items sold only at the island. Just watch some gameplay video and see if it's something you like; if so then your choise is made. If not then don't worry about it. Just because it's the hot wifi game now doesn't mean it's going to be some time in the near future; seeing as other wifi games such as Pokemon X & Y are relasing some time soon. I say if you like it get it; if not then wait until you see something that you do like. :3

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next