It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
The Dark Domain (My Journal) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Dark Domain (My Journal)
Haven't really posted much here aside from the VLOGs lately. Not too much has happened, just more of the same really. Things are getting busier and busier with school and everything. Really not liking school right now, got so much going on and a good amount of it is pointless stuff I don't need. I miss hanging out with my friends, it's been a while. I am going to see some of them this Saturday though, which should be fun. Work has been good overall, though it has its moments.

That girl continues to frustrate me. Just today, I was heading up the stairs with her and we get to a door at the good the stairs. She is in front of me and she opens the door and is like "aren't you supposed to open the door for me?" What the heck kind of question is that? She said it with a smile, like it was a joke. After everything that has gone on, I don't know what kind of game she is playing. I just responded with something like "you're in front, you can open the door, I'm too tired". But that just annoyed me cause I don't know what she's trying to get at. Seems like she's in her own world and doesn't care about how others like myself feel about everything.

So yea, still dealing with all that stuff. More frustrations than anything else. And with Valentine's Day next week, I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. But I'll get through it. Right now it's the least of my worries with all the other stuff I have going on. Once I get through tomorrow, things will be much better.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So it's been a while. Things have been kind of crazy with school. Some stuff is still up in the air right now, so I'll wait to discuss all that until I have more solid details to discuss. Other than that, life has been okay I suppose. Work has been great. Barely spoken to that girl since my last post here. Things have just been rather busy.

This past Saturday, I finally got to hang out with my friends after a while. Went to Rebounderz which was really tiring but so much fun. Lots of trampolines to jump on and stuff, definitely had some fun with that. Then went to the restaurant Benihana which was great. All in all, a great day. Looking forward to seeing my best friend this Saturday as well. Gonna meet up at a sports bar to watch a VCU basketball game, so that should be fun.

Not too much else specifically I wanted to mention, other than it's Singles Awareness Day tomorrow. I can't help but remember that last year was the first and only year I've celebrated Valentine's Day. But no big deal, I'm sure I'll find someone. In fact, last week a coworker came up to me randomly and asked if I had a girlfriend. I said no and she asked if I was interested in one. And I said sure and asked why... apparently she knows someone and maybe wants to set me up with her. I don't have any details or anything yet, or even know if it'll happen yet or not... but it's proof that you never know what'll happen in life and you just have to be patient sometimes. So if anything comes of this, I'll mention it, but we'll see.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Things have been good overall lately. Saturday I got to hang out with my friends, which was a lot of fun. Met some new people who were cool, and we had some fun. My best friend who lives in NY now came down to visit and hang, so that was awesome. But other than that, just busy with school and everything. Still stressed out about all that, but trying to keep it together. My parents took off tomorrow, so that means I'm gonna try and avoid the house or figure something out. But now nothing fun is really planned anytime soon for me, just continuing with school and work and seeing what comes next I suppose.

So yea, time for another week... let's see what life brings next.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Can't believe March is almost here, time flies by.

Things lately have been really busy. I'm applying to a bunch of schools. Then I'll see where I get in and figure it out from there. So many college applications and things due this Friday... got most of it done, just waiting on transcripts and recommendations and that kind of stuff. About half the schools I'm applying to are due March 1st and the others are due April 1st, so at least I can split it up and focus on the March 1st ones for now. So finally glad that stuff is mostly taken care of. I've been able to relax more yesterday and today, felt good.

On the subject of... yup, that girl... I've made a decision. I haven't really spoken to her much in the past few weeks, just a hi how are you kind of thing. And I've gotten over her. But it bothers me when I don't talk to someone, especially if we work together. So I made a decision. I decided to try and be friends with her again... BUT I want to ease into it and make clear where to draw the line. She can be kind of flirty sometimes, and I want to straighten things out so that my feelings for her don't return. I don't want to get hurt again. But at the same time, we had a lot that we enjoyed in common and we were good friends at one point.

So today at work in the lunch room, she walked in as I was getting ready to leave. So I started a conversation. Just briefly talked about school and applying for colleges and stuff. Not much, but at least it's a start. I have a plan set for how I want to slowly go about doing this, and I'll spare everyone the details. But just wanted to mention that I'm trying to go back to being friends. I hate leaving things unresolved like that and having tension. Making peace with her is the best thing I can do for myself to move forward I think. So that's that.

Anyways, not too much else going on in life right now. My homework is ramping up, so that's taking more of my time. And all this applying to colleges and stuff too. Luckily I had some time today to relax and I downloaded Bit.Trip Runner2 (not gonna type out the full name, it's way too long lol). So yea, that's that.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I did it. I took the plunge and started my friendship with that girl back up again. What I'm feeling now is some curiosity, but mostly like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.

I had a few little conversations with her this week to get things started. And then a little while ago, I texted her and we briefly talked about stuff. I explained how I had been avoiding her cause I was feeling hurt. She said she understood and she would have done the same. She knew I needed time. She didn't apologize or anything, but I know that she didn't mean to have hurt me. I know she was just trying to be nice (even though it had the opposite effect), as she explained all this to a mutual friend. She didn't say it to me directly though.

But she said she'll always consider me a close good friend, no matter what. While I don't know about jumping back to that already, I'm glad we are able to restart our friendship. So that's what made me feel relieved in a way. Now what makes me curious is the lack of response at the end of our conversation. We were talking about what we were doing this weekend and she just stopped responding. So after a while I said bye and have a good weekend and I'm glad we were able to restart our friendship... no response yet. Not sure what that means, if anything.

But whatever, I'm not gonna focus on that because who cares. I said what I needed to say and that's that. Just want to slowly ease into any friendship anyways. Aside from all that stuff, the VCU/Butler basketball game is tomorrow which I'm excited about. Rematch of the Final Four two years ago! But should be good to just relax for a bit. Yay weekend!

UPDATE: Yea as I thought, she just had to care of something. She said she's glad we're friends again as well.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Spring Break is here!!!

So happy about that, I get a week off from classes. I took off on Monday to take care of some stuff, but the rest of the week I'll be going to work. It'll be nice to have a break from classes though. The weather has been pretty nice as well. There was a snow storm a few days ago, but it didn't really stick. All the snow has long melted already. Today it got into the 60's a bit and I could actually drive around with the windows down which was great. Definitely looking forward to warm weather... I think I'm going to start going on walks/jogs more and also bike ride a bit more around the neighborhood. Anything to get away and just relax sometimes.

On the subject of that girl, things have been good... we're back to being friends. I've started talking to her like normal at work and everything. Other people were being really negative and not getting along with each other one day, so I went to talk to her about it. So things are going well. I also added her on Instagram and saw a bunch of pictures of her with her boyfriend and Valentine's Day stuff... it didn't phase me and I was actually happy for them, they look like a good couple. So I'm happy to basically say that I'm over her, we're friends, and everything has been great so far on that note.

Speaking of Instagram... I set up an account a while back but didn't use it. But I started using it more and I'm kind of liking it. I mostly use it to snoop on some Power Rangers cast members (I actually uncovered something interesting thanks to that), which is always interesting. I also changed my username... it's now @hassanahmed120, same as my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Last but not least, I got the approval at work to do a Harlem Shake video. I had wanted to do one for fun, but didn't hav people to do it with. But some coworkers had the idea to do one and they saw the videos I do on YouTube, so they asked me to do it too. Long story short, I ended up basically taking charge and leading this whole thing... so I guess I'm now getting everyone together for it and directing/filming/participating in it. If all goes according to plan, we're going to do this Wednesday morning, so I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun!

And now, back to getting some relaxation time... yay Spring Break!

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We did the Harlem Shake at work! I ended up directing, filming, editing, and even starring in it... so check it out:

Enjoy!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I haven't posted too much here lately cause things have been rather... usual, I suppose. Nothing too crazy has happened really. But just to give a brief overview...

Been working on more college applications, and I have plenty more to do this week. Things have been busy at work, stayed late two hours or so last time I was there to get stuff done. And I still have lots more to do. My best friend came down from NY this weekend I hung out with him and another friend recently, which was fun. One of the things we did was watch the VCU vs Michigan game in the NCAA. VCU lost pretty badly unfortunately, but at least we had a win where we basically massacred Akron in the first round. All in all, it's been a good season so that was fun.

But as usual when I make a post here, it's to discuss something that's on my mind. And also as usual, it's about that girl. As I've said before, we reestablished our friendship and we're on speaking terms and everything again. So things have been going well. Saw her in the library the other day, but by the time I got around to seeing if she wanted to work on stuff together, she had class. Although I'm not quite sure if she would have said yes or not though now. At work one day, I was talking with some of the nurses and when I got there, I gave some of them hugs. That girl walked over as well and I don't remember how it started, but one nurse was telling her to stay away from me cause she broke my heart. That girl was like no I didn't and I told that nurse that's not right either and she shouldn't have said that. It was all in a joking manner and everyone was like laughing, so not a big deal. Just thought that was an interesting little situation.

The real reason for this post is something I happened to discover. But I need to provide some backstory to this a bit. So for years, I would ask girls out and get rejected. It gave me some low self-esteem and I just kind of gave up. Then that girl comes into the picture and I gave it another shot. This time, I learned from all my previous experiences and was confident and things were going well. I was proud of what I was doing, for myself, since it was like the culmination of all of my efforts. It all started with this girl at our company holiday party and it continued from there. We had a picture of the two of us taken then, and since then I often would look at it, for different reasons. Sometimes it was cause I liked that picture and thought we both looked good in it. But other times, it was a reminder to myself of how I should be confident in myself since look at how that went.

Now, I don't have feelings for her that way. I've gotten over her and want to be friends. But I've still gone back and looked at that picture, simply to remember the good times we had... but also mostly as motivation in a way. I'm a reflective kind of person and I use my own journals, photos, tweets, or whatever to go back and remember how things were. This helps me to learn and move forward, and it gives me motivation seeing how I've improved on things over the years. So that picture was rather meaningful to me, not necessarily because of who was in the picture, but because of what it represented. But I am writing this because that picture is gone.

I don't know when it was removed exactly, only that it was recently. I remember looking at it a few weeks back, sometime after we reestablished our friendship I'm sure. But yesterday I was with friends and I noticed it was gone. She posted it on my Facebook wall at the time and I tagged both of us in it. So it would appear in the photos of me on Facebook... but now it's not there. I went back and looked at my wall from that date... gone. And seems like I never saved it. Or rather, I had it saved on my Photo Stream through iCloud, but that only saves the most recent 1,000 pictures I think, so it's long gone from there.

So now I'm bummed. I know it's just a picture, and it doesn't take away from what it represented. But it was nice having that to look at sometimes. But also, it makes me curious. Why did she remove it? The only possible reason I could think is because she didn't want her boyfriend to see it. But does that really matter? If I was ever in a relationship, I wouldn't delete any old pictures of me with other girls. I wouldn't hide anything, because a relationship to me is about being open and honest. So for some reason, she thought she should delete it. That kind of shows to me that she's being insecure about what happened and is trying to hide that part of her life. For some reason, she doesn't want people to see that photo of us. It makes me wonder what else she has gotten rid of. A while back, I got her a chocolate rose and months later, she said she still had it in her room. Does she still now? I got her a bracelet that says "You Make Me Smile" that came in a jewelry box with her name on it. Does she still have that or did she throw it away?

Not that it really matters. I don't have feelings for her like that now. But it just made my mind wander and think about all this stuff. But more importantly, it makes me wonder what she wants out of our friendship now. She got rid of a picture of us, so seems like she doesn't want people to see us together. Does that mean we won't be hanging out again? I mean, we haven't seen she got a boyfriend... but then again, the only effort I made was a minimal effort while we were both in the library. This whole thing has made me realize that I've got to be real about things. No more games or anything. If she doesn't want to be around me in public, then she should say that. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this picture being removed. But nothing else is gone... we're still Facebook friends and we like each others stuff sometimes.

It just seems odd. There is clearly a reason that picture was removed. So now I'm just curious as to what that picture is and I'm kind of bummed that I don't have access to that picture anymore. But what I really want honestly is to sit down and talk to her about all of this. I mean, it all happened so quick... her getting into a relationship, me not talking to her, our friendship being restarted, etc. We went through all of this without much discussion. So I just want to figure out what's going on and what's on her mind. Because if we are to continue being friends after what happened, I need her to be real with me and tell it like it is. No games, I just want to be friends... and honest ones.

Okay... wow. I typed a lot once again. Whoops! Oh well, this is helpful to me. As far as what my next step is... I'll probably try to see if she wants to study together one day or something small. As friends of course. But I want to see if she panics at that thought or if she's okay with it. If she panics, I want to ask her what she wants out of a friendship if we don't even hang out. And if she's okay with it, I have an opportunity to discuss things with her and see where she stands on all of this, as well as share where I stand. She claims I will always be a "close good friend", so I'd like to see how true that is.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
DarkWish wrote:
We did the Harlem Shake at work! I ended up directing, filming, editing, and even starring in it... so check it out:

Enjoy!

Wow that's actually one of the better shake videos I've seen, and that's that I wasn't very fond of them when they started coming out.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
batmanjokergorden wrote:
DarkWish wrote:

Enjoy!

Wow that's actually one of the better shake videos I've seen, and that's that I wasn't very fond of them when they started coming out.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It was a lot of fun to do.

--------------

Also wanted to give a brief update on my last post. I thought a lot about that and got one advice from people. I decided to just ignore it. I'm not going to ask her to do anything. What's the point really? If she happens to ask me to do something, I might and then I'll bring it up. But I doubt she will. And regardless, it's just not worth it. We'll just continue being "close good friends" as she put it, which really just means acquaintances. At least that's how it's been so far. Plus, I don't want to give her the impression that I'm still interested cause I'm not. She seems to like attention, so I'm not going to give that to her.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So lately I've been talking about how I want people to be real. No playing games or pretending stuff didn't happen. Just being straight with people and telling it like it is.

So in the interest of being honest, I wanted to open this up to ask questions. If anyone has anything they want to ask me, go for it and I will answer.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So overall lately things have been going well...

I've been more relaxed just cause I'm done with college applications now and while I'm nervous about them, I try to not think about it too much right now. School right now has calmed down slightly. Got a test or two next week now, and then things will calm down again before finals probably. Plus, the weather has been really nice out. Went bike riding a bit on Monday, which I hadn't really done in years. But that has gotten my mood up as well, just with the nice weather out. Wearing shorts today which is a nice, welcome change.

I've also adopted more of a No BS attitude in life lately, as I alluded to in my previous post. I want people to be real with me. So to that girl who was supposedly my friend now, I haven't talked to her much. Not trying to ignore her, I just have nothing to say. She has not been honest and I don't appreciate that. To the people that have been honest, it's been great surrounding myself with them and they make me happy. One of my old coworkers would always encourage me about stuff on Facebook and was super supportive, and she returned to work yesterday. So that made me really happy to see her again. She's the type of person who is worth having around in your life because you know they care. And I care about her. So it's a mutual thing, which is how friendships should be.

But just a little while ago, I received an email from one of the schools I applied to. They revealed their decision. Basically, I should have my Associates Degree this summer and then I hope to transfer out of this community college to a university so I can get my Bachelors Degree. I applied to 8 schools:
- George Mason University (GMU)
- George Washington University (GWU)
- George Washington University College of Professional Studies (GWU CPS)
- Georgetown University (GU)
- James Madison University (JMU)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
- Marymount University (MU)
- University of Virginia (UVA)

I attended VCU for 4 years studying Chemistry/Pre-Medicine, but then with one more semester or so to go, I changed majors to Computer Science. So I've been at Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) for 2 years now, with 2 more years to go once I transfer. So basically, I ended up starting over somewhat. Since it's taking so long, I want to stay close to home. So here's how it breaks down...

My top choice is the GWU CPS because they have a special program that is perfect for me. It has the classes I want, the timings fit, and I can commute. Second choice is GMU because they also have a good program and are close to me. After that, the other schools I can commute to are GWU, GU, and MU... but both GWU and GU are very expensive and MU is nothing special (in terms of having a good program). Then again, heading to JMU, VCU, or UVA means I have the costs of living on a college campus. So really, it's going to come down to GMU and GWU CPS. I'm still waiting to hear from those.

Anyways, the school I heard from is JMU and I got denied. So that's disappointing. Like I said, not one of my top choices... but if I got denied from there, that's discouraging to think about what my top choices will say. So who knows what will happen, I'm just praying to God right now that things work out. So that's where I stand with school... 7 more schools to hear from, 1 denial so far.

But other than that, things have been great. I'm off to class in a little while and then I have work tomorrow. So, just keep on chugging away.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
What a weekend so far!

So yesterday (Friday), I had Physics at 8 am. Then right after that, I went and picked up my friend and we drown down to Richmond for our friends' wedding. I knew both of them from school and they asked me to be one of their ushers at the wedding. I had never been to a traditional American wedding before, so that alone was a new experience. So we traveled down on Friday and helped set up once we got there. Met their families and they're all super nice. Had the rehearsal dinner and everything, and then me and my friend and two other guys stayed over at the groom's apartment for the night.

We stayed up watching random YouTube videos and stuff, we had fun. Then the next day (Saturday), we had to get up and get ready in the morning. By the way, this was all near a barn. They had this little Montessori school and right outside of it was where the wedding took place. The reception was in a barn nearby. Everything looked great and it was nice weather and everything. The wedding went well and my friends are now married! The reception was nice too, and afterwards I helped stay and clean up. And then it was off back home.

So yea, what an experience. It's been crazy the past two days. Yesterday, we were all staying up and just having fun, like normal. And now he's a married man. So weird to think that my friends are married now, such an odd feeling. But I'm very happy for them and I wish them both all the best. Who knows which of my other friends is next to get married lol. I did get the garter... so who knows, maybe I'm next lol.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I'm in that phase of my life now where I'm weeding through my friends and finding those that I'm close with. Basically determining who my friends are and who my acquaintances are. One such person is that girl, the one who I always refer to here lol. I was 99% sure when she said that we are "close, good friends" that that was just BS. I got further confirmation from various little things that I mentioned in a previous post. So I didn't care and did my own thing.

But for whatever reason, I decided to give her one more chance. Give her a test basically. I asked if she wanted to catch up tomorrow. I know that she has class from 4 pm onwards and I've seen her in the library multiple times before then. So I knew that she definitely has time before 4 pm. And you know what her answer was? She has school tomorrow so she can't but sometime soon she said. Yea she has school all right... starting at 4 pm. That was all the proof I needed to know she's not going to want to catch up. She doesn't want to be friends.

I told her to let me know whenever she is free and she said sure. She won't though. I will be very surprised if she does. But that was my last effort with her. Our friendship is in her court now. If she wants to be friends, she better act like it. If not, then okay. I don't care either way, I just only want friendships where the other person puts in effort as well.

Anyways, today was an okay day. Had to cut the grass even though I was tired from the wedding stuff, so now I'm exhausted. Just relaxing now, heading to bed soon. And another school week begins...

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Been a while since my last update. Things have been interesting.

So I got into my top choice for a university, so I'll be heading to George Washington University in the fall. I'm definitely very excited for it, it's the perfect program for what I have been wanting. On the flipside, school is gonna be tough this summer and in the fall. Between classes and my job, it's gonna be a super busy schedule. That's why the podcast may not happen as often. It's not that I won't have any time... I will. I'll just have less time and I'll be free at random times. It's gonna be hard to plan out a schedule for me because things are always gonna be changing depending on my work load.

But anyways, I'm on my summer break now. Just a few days until my summer class starts this Monday. Things have been good overall. For a while, I was feeling kind of lonely, I'm not gonna lie. My close friends aren't around here, so I don't see them much. Then I had some friends who I realized really don't put much effort into our friendship. But I'm just trying to make the best of my situation, and being at work more often now has gotten me even closer with my coworkers. I love the people at my job, they're awesome.

Speaking of which, two of the nurses just became RN's and we're all celebrating tomorrow night. So I'm looking forward to that, any chance to spend with my coworkers shall be great. And I wanted to also plan something with them and since I also got into GWU, everyone wants to celebrate. So next Friday (in a week), we're gonna go bowling. So that'll be a lot of fun, I'm excited for that! Things have been good.

On the subject of that one nurse (the one I bring up every time)... I don't know what's going on. She never gets back to me on hanging out or anything. She doesn't talk to me too much at work (though she's usually working upstairs nowadays). I've just designated her as an acquaintance. We actually got to briefly talk today at lunchtime. Just making small talk. Oh, and she's not going to the bowling thing I'm doing. As I expected. She said she had wanted to go but she's going to a concert. No surprise there. Oh yea, crazy story...

So today we had a person collapse in the hallway upstairs so they issued a code blue, which meant the doctors and nurses dropped what they were doing and ran to help the patient. So that one nurse comes back downstairs and tries to get the crash cart which has things they need to help revive the person (apparently this person had no pulse). She's trying to hurry of course and needs help, so she yells me name down the hallway and I hear. I immediately get up and run over and help her bring the crash cart upstairs. I didn't stick around cause I didn't want to take up space up there and there were plenty of people helping. So I went back downstairs and later everyone came back down. I asked that nurse if the person was okay and she was like yea and thanks.

So thankfully the person was okay, and I'm glad I was down the hallway to help that nurse bring the stuff upstairs cause she was like about to collapse herself from running so much. Whatever differences that nurse and I may have, and whatever our "friendship" is now... we put it all aside to help save someone's life. So that was a positive note in the day, that things went well with saving the person. So yea, it was an interesting day.

Nothing else stands out right now as I try to think of other interesting things that have happened. Now just looking forward to tomorrow night with the coworkers and getting ready for my summer class starting on Monday. Oh yea, and on Sunday is my sister's graduation (she's getting her Associates Degree from a community college). So lots of stuff going on and hopefully things stay on a positive note.

Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Congratulations to you and to your sister!

If you don't mind me asking, though, why are you transferring to another university? I'm sure your answer is in one of your posts, but I must have missed it.

Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
SirVenom wrote:
Congratulations to you and to your sister!

If you don't mind me asking, though, why are you transferring to another university? I'm sure your answer is in one of your posts, but I must have missed it.

I totally missed this a while back. My bad!

Thanks! Basically, it goes like this. Went to Virginia Commonwealth University to study Chemistry/Pre-Medicine (this is where for the first three years, I was roommates with Trist and others). I was close to finishing my Chemistry Bachelor's, but decided I didn't want to go that route. Tried to change majors to Computer Science, but the school gave me a hard time about it, so I went back home to Northern Virginia Community College. Been here for two years to get my Associates in Computer Science, which I will have hopefully by the end of the year. But in the Fall, I'm transferring to George Washington University to finally finish my Bachelor's degree, this time in "Integrated Information, Science, and Technology". I'll be there for two years, at which point I shall hopefully, finally have my Bachelor's degree. Yea, long story, I know lol.

---------------

Anyways, it's been a long time since my last update here. I guess I should address one final update to that nurse situation. We're basically acquaintances now. I gave her a few months to reach out to me if she wanted to catch up and be friends, but nope. I say hi to her at work and talk to her a bit, that's whatever. But I wouldn't call her a friend, just someone I know at work. If she ever reaches out to me in the future to catch up or something, we'll see... but I highly doubt she will, at least not anytime soon.

Lately, I've just been busy with school and work. Have a summer class in the mornings, and then head to work in the afternoon. And often, like right now, I'm in the library in the evening. So it's a very busy summer for me, which kind of sucks. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I did go on vacation though this past weekend... went to the beach with my family. It was nice... well, as nice as a somewhat rainy, very short vacation with the annoying family can be lol. In all seriousness, it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed relaxing at the beach and we had a good time. It definitely was too short though. We went on Saturday morning and came back Sunday morning. And both school and work today were quite stressful overall. I had so much to do and it just stressed me out.

But the day ended on a somewhat positive note. The past few weeks especially I've just really been wanted to go out there and meet people and date and stuff. I don't have any close friends that live nearby anymore as they've all moved away or just don't live around here. Having someone like a girlfriend would be really nice to just have someone around that I can spend time with. So anyways, I've just decided to go out there and be myself and see what happens. For a long time, not really much luck. Every now and then, I got some confidence boosts that kept me going though. Like for example, I came in to work one day wearing a new dress shirt and dress pants and I had my new sunglasses on. All the nurses were like woah you look good, and some of them were like whispering about me and stuff. It was just a fun confidence boost, that helps sometimes to just try and look good. It's all in the way you present yourself as well.

But anyways, so today I had to go and switch out a computer monitor at another location for work, the one closer to my home. So I stopped by there on the way home. There's this one front desk employee at that location who I've thought for a while looked cute. I briefly talked to her a long time ago when she first started about setting up her logins and stuff, but never a real conversation. She also looked very familiar, I was pretty sure she went to the same high school. So anyways, I get to that location in another new dress shirt and my sunglasses on and just trying to look good in general. And that front desk employee happens to be working there. So I'm switching out the monitor and I hear some whispering behind me between one of the nurses there and that front desk employee (or so I think, I didn't turn around and look).

The front desk employee then asks me, "so you're Hassan, right?" and I'm like yea. She said "my name is ____" and I said "nice to meet you" (even though we technically met a while ago). So I ask if she went to the same high school and she was surprised that we did. She was in the year after me. So I was like I knew you looked familiar and she said I did too, but she thought it was from the YouTube videos I do. So I was like "wait, you've seen those?" and she was like "yea, I saw them, like the morphin' time one". So we briefly talked about those videos and they said they saw the Harlem Shake thing. Her and this other front desk employee there thought I wanted to like make movies and stuff and that I had all this editing experience and everything. I was like "it's just an iPhone, I used an app to edit it" and I explained the movie magic behind my "It's Morphin' Time!" video as well. They were surprised at that. Anyways, so we talked a bit more about people we knew in high school to see if we have any mutual friends and not really any close mutual friends. At this point, two other front desk employees were like giggling about something and that girl kind of gave them a look and continued talking to me.

But that was about it and a little bit later, I finished my stuff and I said have a good day to everyone and I left. So, I'm not sure what to make of all that. But I told myself that why not take a chance... why not just take a risk and see what happens? I rarely see her at work, but I thought I'd add her on Facebook and try to keep in touch a bit, and maybe find an opportunity to ask her out at some point or who knows. I'm just thinking why not give it a shot. I told myself before that I wouldn't try and date anyone else at work just cause I didn't want things to get weird with that other nurse or anything. But forget that other nurse at this point. And this front desk employee is at another location anyways. I'm not saying anything will happen, nor am I expecting it to. Heck, she hasn't even responded to my Facebook friend request. But... I'm willing to take risks and take a chance. So we'll see what happens in the future.

Phew, that was a lot of typing. I do that when I have stuff on my mind, don't I? Whatever, it helps me. And I can then go back and read things and reflect upon stuff too, that helps me out. Anyways, that's about it for me. I finished up with some school work I had and then typed up this massive thing. So now I'm going to head back home and relax for a bit until the craziness of school and work continues tomorrow.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

DW! Your still here?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:43 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
WeeGee wrote:
DW! Your still here?

Haha yup, I'm still here. Not many people seem to be around on the forums anymore. I feel like I talk to some people from NintendoFuse more on Twitter than anything else nowadays.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
DarkWish wrote:
WeeGee wrote:
DW! Your still here?

Haha yup, I'm still here. Not many people seem to be around on the forums anymore. I feel like I talk to some people from NintendoFuse more on Twitter than anything else nowadays.

I'm still here. Just haven't really seen anything I wanted to post on. I think a competition would get some more people though. Hope one pops up soon.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm
Boo

noahdp wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
WeeGee wrote:
DW! Your still here?

I'm still here. Just haven't really seen anything I wanted to post on. I think a competition would get some more people though. Hope one pops up soon.

lol. Your after my time, mate. I know from experience that competitions won't work. We should just all move to another forum. Wiifuse cant get off the ground with, what, 3 members who post? Oh, how I miss the golden days. With QZ and 'Cooltrainer'. I see Cooltrainer sometimes. Hear from QZ?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 pm
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
WeeGee wrote:
noahdp wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
WeeGee wrote:
DW! Your still here?

lol. Your after my time, mate. I know from experience that competitions won't work. We should just all move to another forum. Wiifuse cant get off the ground with, what, 3 members who post? Oh, how I miss the golden days. With QZ and 'Cooltrainer'. I see Cooltrainer sometimes. Hear from QZ?

What forum is a lot like Nintendofuse though?

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
WeeGee wrote:

I'm not abandoning this forum. I'll still check it from time to time. But I also check NeoGAF, that's my primary forum now in general it seems. I just don't have as much time to post things nowadays, so I'm more of a lurker type and just read things. But most people on NintendoFuse I keep in touch with through Twitter. Seems just about most everyone is on there. CoolTrainer a.k.a. Tristan is always up to his usual antics on Twitter. And I hadn't heard from QueenZelda in a long time, until she came to my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf a few weeks ago. But that was just a brief conversation. I also visited Charmy's town briefly as well.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

DarkWish wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

I'm not abandoning this forum. I'll still check it from time to time. But I also check NeoGAF, that's my primary forum now in general it seems. I just don't have as much time to post things nowadays, so I'm more of a lurker type and just read things. But most people on NintendoFuse I keep in touch with through Twitter. Seems just about most everyone is on there. CoolTrainer a.k.a. Tristan is always up to his usual antics on Twitter. And I hadn't heard from QueenZelda in a long time, until she came to my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf a few weeks ago. But that was just a brief conversation. I also visited Charmy's town briefly as well.

lol Can you link me their twitter accounts?

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
WeeGee wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
WeeGee wrote:

lol Can you link me their twitter accounts?

Me: @hassanahmed120
hattrick: @stevecullum
Gamer Greg: @gamer_greg
JHardin1112: @JHardin1112
Trist: @27CansOfTuna
schmete: @schmete
Jack/spyker: @jackamick
mazer: @pastrommy

I think those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next