It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Avengers Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios)
The Iron Man 3 trailer is out!!! Check it out...

I did an analysis of the video as well (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS):
Spoiler: show
- Snow falling in the woods
- Iron Man Mark XLVII (47) falls to the ground in woods (it's snowing), the light on its chest blinking
- Tony Stark voice-over: "Got a lot of apologies to make"
- Iron Man Mark XLVII takes off helmet and we see Tony Stark's injured face
- *Marvel logo*
- *Paramount logo*
- Tony Stark walking out of what appears to be a hospital, and is swarmed by reporters
- Tony Stark voice-over: "Nothing has been the same since New York"
- Tony Stark seen in his house with the old Iron Man suits behind him; the glove on his Mark XLVII suit flies onto his hand.
- Tony Stark voice-over: "They experience things, and then they're over"
- Tony Stark seen sitting on his bed, his Mark XLVII suit in pieces on the floor, someone (Pepper?) walking away in the distance on the left
- Tony Stark voice-over: "I can't sleep"
- Shot of Colonel Rhodes in an office
- Tony Stark voice-over: "And when I do, I have nightmares"
- A man and a boy seen in some ruins where a memorial has been created
- There are marks of people on the wall and the man runs his hand over one of them
- Tony Stark voice-over: "Honestly, there's 100 people that want to kill me"
- Two helicopters flying
- Aldrich Killian, played by Guy Pearce
- Iron Man Mark XLVII suit kneeling and looking up, with all the old Iron Man suits behind it (the Mark IV is missing its helmet)
- We see that Tony Stark has been talking to Pepper Potts
- Tony: "I hope that I can protect the one thing that I can't live without"; we see the Mark XLVII turned on behind him and Tony is wearing a headset on his head to control the suit (the Mark IV has its helmet now by the way, though the glass in front of it has a hole); Tony also has a bandage on his hand
- In bed, Pepper looks at Tony concerned (maybe trying to wake him up?) and the mark XLVII suit grabs her and turns her forward
- *This Summer*
- The old Mark VII suit is blown up, followed by the Mark VI suit
- The Mandarin (played by Ben Kingsley) takes off his hood; we see a tattoo on the back of his neck that looks like Captain America's shield, but with an "A" in the center. The A looks like the symbol for "Anarchy", so there is speculation it is symbolic in its meaning.
- Mandarin voice-over: "Ladies..."
- Dr. Maya Hansen (played by Rebecca Hall) on the floor
- War Machine in his new "Iron Patriot" color scheme suit lands and startles some secret service men, and then walks through a procession with military men on either side
- Mandarin voice-over: "...children..."
- Someone with a tattered pants leg and bare foot is shown walking through burning rubble; people are speculating this is a Hulk cameo however it's been denied that Hulk will appear in this movie; also considering Tony's mansion will get blown up, it's probably Tony shown in this scene
- Someone puts their hand on someone else's shoulder, and we see Happy Hogan bloody on the floor in all the rubble
- Mandarin voice-over: "...sheep..."
- Aldrich Killian kisses Pepper Pott's cheek
- Tony Stark is in an operating room and someone puts a breathing mask on him
- A military personnel looks out the window of a plane and we see the Iron Man Mark XLVII punch through and then it blasts the guy
- Mandarin voice-over: "Some people call me a terrorist"
- We see a giant hole in the side of the plane and many people flying out of it; it's rumored this may include the President
- The Iron Man Mark XLVII flies and grabs a falling flight attendant
- Pepper seemingly in pain, stuck in some sort of contraption
- Mandarin voice-over: "I consider myself a teacher"
- Pepper holding a damaged Iron Man helmet with a big crack in the middle
- Close-up of the Ten Rings on the Mandarin's hands (his source of power from the comics)
- A damaged Iron Man Mark XLVII suit pins Tony Stark to the ground in his mansion, with rubble everywhere
- Some red-head pins Tony to the wall, trying to kiss him it seems
- War Machine (in Iron Patriot colors) smashes a man on a table
- Iron Man Mark XLVII's eyes and chest glow in the dust
- The Mandarin loads a gun
- Mandarin voice-over: "Lesson number one"
- Two helicopters fly towards Tony's mansion and turrets on their sides open up
- Mandarin voice-over: "Heroes..."
- Tony and Pepper look out the window, concerned
- Mandarin voice-over: "...there is no such thing"
- The Mandarin looks up
- Three helicopters seen, and they start firing missiles at Tony's mansion
- The impact of the missiles Tony and Pepper to go flying back (there's a giant bunny thing in the background as well... weird)
- A chunk of Tony's mansion starts to break apart
- The Iron Man Mark XLVII slides downwards as the mansion breaks apart, sparks flying from his glove
- A chunk of Tony's mansion falls into the ocean
- More missiles impact as more of the mansion falls
- The Iron Man Mark XLVII tries to hold on, but is swept into the water and entangled in wires
- We see its arms trying to reach to upwards, but to no avail
- The Iron Man Mark XLVII is seen lying at the bottom of the ocean as a huge chunk of Tony's mansion comes crashing down onto it
- *Iron Man 3* (the lights in the logo go out)
- Tony Stark is seen dragging the Mark XLVII suit while it's snowing
- *May 3, 2013* (the lights turned back on to reveal the release date)

That was an awesome teaser! Definitely looks like this fight is much more personal. The Mark XLVII suit and the new War Machine Iron Patriot suit both look great in action.

In somewhat related news, we have a big rumor. Supposedly someone from Marvel has spilled the beans on some spoilers... some of these have also been spreading around before. So while this is not confirmed, I'm choosing to believe these spoilers because they fit with what we know. Here they are (copied from an interview with this person from Marvel)...

Iron Man 3 MAJOR SPOILERS:
Well, there’s going to be a big fight sequence with The Mandarin, who’s the main villain, which will involve none other than forty different iron man suits. There’s an amazing rescue where The Mandarin basically wants to bring down the American government and kill the President, and he launches an attack on Air Force One. All of them – the President and his men and staff – get sucked out of the plane, and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky.

There’s some pretty spectacular stuff that goes on. There’s an amazing sequence where he has this rooftop house that he builds to store all his Iron Man suits, and it gets attacked by The Mandarin and these gunships [...] I was shocked to discover there are like forty Iron Man suits written into this feature in various ways…so that’s going to be pretty impressive. But apparently he needs this Iron Man army to go up against The Mandarin’s forces.

Thor: The Dark World MAJOR SPOILERS:
Thor becomes reunited with Jane who becomes possessed by a Dark Spirit, which is connected with the Dark Elves; a race the Asgardians have fallen out with many years beforehand [...] The Dark Elves attack Asgard, and they take a huge hit. So Thor has to rebuild Asgard by putting together an army to go and take the battle to the Dark Elves and defeat them. But the only way he can do this is – he needs to cross over to the Dark World, and the only person who has access to the dark side of Asgard is his old brother Loki, who at the beginning of the film is locked up in prison.

So what happens is Thor basically has to negotiate this truce with Loki, and he goes on this great trek with Jane, all three of them. They go to this far side of Asgard, which is being shot in Iceland, where they train and assemble an army to go and attack the Dark Elves’ world.

But the exclusive twist…is that one of the things that happens during the Asgardian attack is that Thor’s mother gets killed. So it becomes like a vengeance thing. And they were keeping very tight-lipped about what actually happens with Loki, you don’t know whether he redeems himself or he’s still the bad egg.

In case you were wondering, there is reason why the new Iron Man suit is the Mark XLVII when the previous was the Mark VII. The spoilers above discuss that. Everything sounds FANTASTIC and I'm very excited to see more! Can't wait!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
New Japanese trailer for Iron Man 3:

I'm not going to bother analyzing each bit since it's mostly stuff from the teaser we got before, but a few new glimpses and dialogue like at the beginning with Pepper Potts. Can't wait for more!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Phase II hasn't even begun yet and we have new announcements for Phase III! Ant-Man will indeed be a part of Phase III and will kick that off. They've also confirmed that Doctor Strange will be another Phase III movie. It's been rumored for a while, but now we have confirmation.

So here is the list of movies and release dates...

Phase II:
Iron Man 3 - May 3rd, 2013
Thor: The Dark World - November 8th, 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4th, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1st, 2015

Phase III:
Ant-Man - November 6th, 2015
Doctor Strange

Can't wait for Iron Man 3 to kick off Phase II, and sounds like they have a lot of awesome stuff planned in the years to come!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

What no Hulk movie? I wanted to see Mark Ruffalo in a movie without all the other big names playing Banner. I also have a feeling that the whole Avengers Cinematic Universe is going to start tanking around Guardians of the Galaxy.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Weave wrote:
What no Hulk movie? I wanted to see Mark Ruffalo in a movie without all the other big names playing Banner. I also have a feeling that the whole Avengers Cinematic Universe is going to start tanking around Guardians of the Galaxy.

They've said they're working on ideas for a Hulk movie, but want to hold off on it a bit because the last few Hulk movies haven't done well and they want to take their time and make something good. So I'm sure it'll come, just not in the next few years. Maybe in Phase III, we'll see.

And why do you say that? If anything, that's when things start to get really interesting as we'll be out of sequel land (not counting Avengers 2).

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

I just don't see the more obscure superheros in the Avengers Universe faring as well in theaters. I see them turning out like one of two ways. The first would be like Watchmen where people who knew what Watchmen was really enjoyed the adaptation and people who thought it was another flashy superhero movie being disappointed. Or they could just not be as good as the Phase one movies. At some point consumers will become fed up with all the Avengers related movies. As much as I want these movies to be constantly good all franchise's have their ups and downs. Star Wars, Star Trek, and James Bond are all examples of series that have had their ups and downs. I can only assume that the Avengers Universe will be the same way.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:00 am
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post The Avengers Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios)
I agree with Weave. I think another Hulk movie would do way better than Ant Man, for instance. While I think it's cool they are bringing a lot of The Avengers in, I don't know if the general public will respond the same way as they have done with Iron Man & Capt America.

-----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Makes sense. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The way I see it is as someone who didn't read the comics, marvel convinced me on Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America... some of which can be portrayed as cheesy sometimes. But they turned them into movies that I enjoyed. And from watching the TV show sometimes now, I can see how some other characters like Ant-Man would work. They're increasingly getting more and more supernatural, and so far things have been going well. Also, Ant-Man isn't really an obscure character... he's an original Avenger. Maybe his superpower seems more odd than other characters... but then again, a guy who turns big and green when angry also sounds odd but it works.

So I think it'll work out, I can definitely picture what they're going for and I think the fact that they're planning this out years in advance is a major plus. But I do understand where you guys are coming from... we'll just have to wait and see.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
While Ant-Man may not be obscure, as far as I know, he wasn't used much in the recent Avengers comics. I don't really know the reasons for that, but maybe it's because he wasn't as attractive of a character as the others. If that's the case, which I'm not saying it is, then I think the movies might go the same direction. Maybe I need to do some more research on the history of the Avengers comics before I comment any further.

-----

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show is filming its pilot right now... can't wait for that! Should be interesting.

And with the Super Bowl coming up, we have confirmation of an Iron Man 3 ad! There will be a new minute long trailer, plus a shorter 30 second TV spot that may air during the pre- or post-game show. We also have more artwork on merchandise for the Iron Man Mark XLVII suit and the Iron Patriot suit that War Machine wears. Pretty cool stuff, it can be seen here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=73387

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
First up, we have a teaser for the Super Bowl TV Spot for Iron Man 3. Check it out: http://latino-review.com/2013/01/30/iro ... ot-teaser/. Can't wait to see the full trailer on Sunday!

The second thing I wanted to mention was speculation. I don't know if this will happen or not, but if so... it would potentially be really interesting! Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man as we all know, so that's why Spider-Man isn't in The Avengers or any of the Marvel Studios movies (which Disney owns). However, we do know that Disney and Sony agreed to include OsCorp Tower as an easter egg in The Avengers... but time constraints meant they scrapped that idea. There have been other little hints at the companies cooperating, including Marc Webb (Director of The Amazing Spider-Man) mentioning in the movie commentary that he had wanted to acknowledge a larger universe. But nothing came of it and it still seemed like a dream.

But recently, there was a tweet that said Marc Webb wasn't making just making a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man, but that he's mapping out a massive Spider-Man Universe. Webb's response was "think bigger". Also, Disney bought the merchandise rights to the Spider-Man series and some speculate that as part of this deal, they are allowed to use Spider-Man in some form. Marvel Studios has released various short films in their cinematic universe including one named Item 47. In this short, there is a character wearing an Empire State University t-shirt. ESU is the college that Peter Parker attends and it's interesting because ESU's film rights belong to Sony. There was a deleted scene from The Amazing Spider-Man that had Dr. Connors mention ESU and it's rumored that we may see the school in the sequel.

So what does this all mean? Well right now, nothing. But there are some slight hints that Disney and Sony might be able to work something out to allow Spider-Man to appear in the Avengers universe (and maybe vice-versa). I'm not going to get hyped right now, it's still too early to say. But this could potentially be beneficial to both parties if they agreed, so I'm hoping something works out. I just also hope that it's not something really dumb that feels shoehorned in if it does happen... I want the continuities and the universes to fit together. So I'm skeptical, yet curious. We'll see what happens!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Here is the extended version of the Iron Man 3 Super Bowl ad:

Overall, I'll say that I was underwhelmed by the ad. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome stuff... but awesome stuff we've seen before. The plane sequence at the end we got an extended look at, and there were a few new scenes and lines thrown in... but overall, not much new. So I was disappointed in that sense. But I'm still very hyped for this movie, looks great! And Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious as always in the intro to the ad.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So this is big news if true. Latino Review has the scoop on Marvel's plans for the Hulk. Here is how it goes...

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR HULK IN FUTURE MOVIES!
At the end of Avengers 2 (either in the last act or in post-credits scene), Hulk is carried off into space by the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the Illuminati, presumably because he gets out of control. Then in Phase 3 along with the Ant-Man and Doctor Strange movies, Hulk will finally be getting another solo movie. But this one will be based on the Planet Hulk story. And this will all lead into Avengers 3 with Hulk returning to Earth with a World War Hulk story adaptation. I don't know anything about the Illuminati or Planet Hulk/World War Hulk... but sounds intriguing!

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
Overall, I'll say that I was underwhelmed by the ad. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome stuff... but awesome stuff we've seen before. The plane sequence at the end we got an extended look at, and there were a few new scenes and lines thrown in... but overall, not much new. So I was disappointed in that sense. But I'm still very hyped for this movie, looks great! And Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious as always in the intro to the ad.

I haven't watched the full trailer yet, but the short one during the Super Bowl almost seemed like one for an airline or something. lol

-----

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So there are lots of potential spoilers going around for Iron Man 3 and future movies (Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS)...

At some point during Iron Man 3, Tony tells Jarvis to be on alert for any signals from space (possibly to be on the alert after the attack in The Avengers). In the post-credits scene, Jarvis will get a SOS message from Star-Lord (from Guardians of the Galaxy). He's in full mask, but visibly damaged. Start tells Jarvis to prepare the space armor with the metal that the envoy from Wakanda sent over. Start flies into space with the suit saying, "This time... I'm ready". Jarvis asks him how long he'll be in space and he replies, "I'll be back".

This is very interesting because it's a tease for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Supposedly, that movie will take place during/after Iron Man 3. And apparently the post-credits scene for Guardians of the Galaxy will have Tony Stark appear. Supposedly Thor will also cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy. But what's also interesting is that Start mentions Wakanda... which is where Black Panther is from, seemingly hinting that a Black Panther movie is in the works in the future possibly.

Other interesting tidbits? Zeke Stane (grandson of Obidiah Stane and villain in the Iron Man comics) is namedropped. MODOK is mentioned in the files from Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.), and that's another villain. Supposedly the Mandarin survives this movie as well. Dr. Maya Hansen from this movie gets scarred and supposedly will end up as Madam Masque, another villain. So maybe they're gearing up for some movie with all of them teaming up? Who knows.

What's even more interesting is that Stephanie Szostak's character is the daughter of Vernon Van Dyne... meaning she is Janet a.k.a. Wasp. So we'll potentially have Wasp in our Avengers 2 line-up.

So lots of really, really interesting stuff. They're delving quite deep into the Marvel lore and I am excited. From everything I'm reading, they're really expanding this cinematic universe a ton and it's mindblowing to me how this is all coming together. It's like a dream come true... and I didn't even read the comics. But just seeing everything in place and all the teases and new characters is just awesome.

Also, new Iron Man 3 trailer tomorrow! I saw a leaked low quality version of it and it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in HD tomorrow!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Those spoilers from the last post? Seems they are inaccurate. Iron Man 3 has started screening and lots of spoilers are out there.

MAJOR IRON MAN 3 SPOILER:
Ben Kingsley is playing the Mandarin, right? Wrong. He's a fake in the movie, with Guy Pearce's character Aldrich Killian being the real Mandarin.

Wasn't expecting that. We also have details on the post-credits scene (no mid-credits scene apparently):
Tony Stark is talking about his problems and Bruce Banner tries to explain to him that he's not that kind of doctor.

I saw a leaked copy of that scene, it's pretty funny. I wish the tease would hint at another movie like they usually do, but this one doesn't. It's just a fun scene.

Also, the teaser trailer for Thor: The Dark World is out! It looks AWESOME! Check it out:

Looks great! From what I've heard about this movie, it's gonna be a good one.

Also, Captain America: The Winter Soldier has started filming! We have reports of Scarlet Johansson and Samuel Jackson being on set, so Black Widow and Nick Fury are back in that movie.

We also have lots of casting details for Guardians of the Galaxy and other movies. Too much to go back and keep track of. As that movie gets closer, I'll post more on that. Also, the SHIELD TV show has been renamed to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and I believe is coming later this year. Yes, Agent Coulson lives. Can't wait for that!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
Also, Captain America: The Winter Soldier has started filming! We have reports of Scarlet Johansson and Samuel Jackson being on set, so Black Widow and Nick Fury are back in that movie.

Also, the SHIELD TV show has been renamed to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and I believe is coming later this year. Yes, Agent Coulson lives. Can't wait for that!

Yep, they've said the CA:TWS movie will focus on CA and BW, as they team up for a mission.

And many are still under the assumption that Coulson lives anyhow, because they think SHIELD used a LMD.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
And many are still under the assumption that Coulson lives anyhow, because they think SHIELD used a LMD.

I'm not convinced it's that easy of an explanation. They've been very dodgy about answering the question of how he lives. And it sounds to me like the show won't reveal how he lives right away but will slowly reveal info. We'll have to wait and see.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I've seen Iron Man 3. Don't ask how, I won't say :P, but I will be seeing it again on Friday when it releases in theaters. It was a great movie! Very different feel than the previous Iron Man movies and even the other Marvel movies. I think this was needed... it added a nice breath of fresh air to the cinematic universe. Here are my thoughts...

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
The movie has an interesting pace to it. It coasts along, I would say. It never really drags. It's also pretty funny. There is lots of the typical humor found in the Iron Man movies, so that continued. The new characters were interesting. Maya Hansen I found didn't really do much to the story. Aldrich Killian was a great new villain, and more on The Mandarin in a second. The Extremis soldiers were interesting looking. I like that they can include more and more kind of supernatural stuff in these movies now and it makes sense. I mean, these guys weren't aliens or anything, but the glowing fiery stuff didn't seem odd in the context of the movie so that was good.

The Mandarin was quite interesting. SPOILER ALERT: Ben Kingsley is not The Mandarin. His character (Trevor I think it was), is simply an actor hired by Aldrich Killian to be the face of The Mandarin. It's Killian that really is the true Mandarin, the mastermind behind it all. Some people, mainly comic book fans, hated this big twist. I found it enjoyable and it was rather funny. Props to Marvel for keeping that big spoiler well under-wraps until the movie was screened. Oh, and one other minor thing. In the opening sequence in 1999 I think it was, I loved how they included the guy who was in the cave with Tony Stark in the first Iron Man movie. I was not expecting that, and it was awesome seeing him there. Really brought things together since he mentioned in the first movie that he had met Tony Stark a while back.

This movie had plenty of great action as well. Most of the big Iron Man suit action scenes were in the end. There is the cool sequence that happens when Tony's mansion is blown up, but other than that most of the suit action we see is in the big fight in the end. And it's pretty awesome seeing him jump from suit to suit. Don Cheadle got more time to shine as Rhodes, who is now Iron Patriot. But still not too much. I think he actually fought more out of suit than in suit, which is both cool and lame. I liked seeing Rhodes fight, that was awesome. But it would have been nice to see more action from Iron Patriot. Heck, even Pepper got more action in the suit than he did. Which by the way was awesome! She kicked serious butt in the suit at the end, and basically stopped Killian. Pretty cool to see that.

But really, the biggest thing that stood out to me was that this was a Tony Stark movie. And yes, I used Tony Stark instead of Iron Man for a reason. The Iron Man suits are throughout the movie... but the focus is on Tony as a person. He makes decisions and fights quite often without the suit. And there are plenty of sequences where he may only use part of the suit, like the glove. By the end of the movie, he blew up all the Iron Man suits and takes the Ark Reactor out of his chest. The character arc for Tony throughout all the movies is great. I love that the events of The Avengers have affected him and he has anxiety attacks from those. But more importantly, I remember the line from The Avengers where Captain America asks Stark what he is without the suit. And this movie fully answers that: Tony Stark IS Iron Man. The suits are an extension of himself. And I really liked that, that's a great notion.

In terms of what's coming next in the pipeline from Marvel, this movie really doesn't tease anything. Like Marvel have been saying all along, this movie is pretty self-contained. There are some references to the events of The Avengers when Tony has his panic attacks, and SHIELD is of course name-dropped here and there. But that's it. No cameos or any teases or anything. The most we get is the post-credits scene, which is a fun bit of dialogue between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. But it doesn't tease anything, it just shows that they've kept in touch. The biggest thing is the ending of the movie makes me wonder what happens next for Tony. The Ark Reactor is now removed from his chest and his suits are all gone. He can of course make more, but how will they be powered? It's curious that the credits say "Tony Stark will return" rather than "Iron Man will return". I have no doubt we'll see Iron Man in the future, but this is showing the emphasis they have now on Tony. And with his story wrapped up pretty nicely, I wouldn't be surprised if The Avengers 2 was his final appearance. Not sure where they'd go next for Iron Man 4.

So yea, all in all, it was an awesome movie. Can't wait to see it in theaters!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So it's official. ABC has picked up the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." TV show for this Fall!!! I am super excited for this. Here's a super short, but awesome teaser:

The full sneak peek airs tonight during Once Upon A Time. Can't wait! But I am very excited for this series because it extends the universe they have created in such interesting ways. We get to see more of SHIELD and what they do, and we'll get to see lesser known characters potentially show up here. They can even reference events from the movies and fill in gaps for things as well.

Imagine a scene where they walk past a room and we see the the back of Captain America in a room talking to someone... they don't need Chris Evans, but someone in suit and we just see his back as a little hidden reference. These types of things can really add to the cohesiveness of the universe. And maybe these SHIELD agents from the show can be in Avengers 2 in the background or something. The possibilities are endless! And we don't have to wait for movies every few months for more from this amazing universe. It's such an awesome idea!

The sneak preview looked interesting and I can't wait to see the full sneak peek tonight. Plus, Agent Coulson lives and he is freaking awesome. So I am very excited for this!

UPDATE: Here is the sneak peek that aired on TV today:

Looks awesome!

Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Full trailer for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is out, check it out:

Looks awesome! Can't wait for this!

Tue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
DarkWish wrote:
Full trailer for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is out, check it out:

Looks awesome! Can't wait for this!

Agreed!

Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So Marvel has announced release dates for more movies. We don't know what they are yet, but I'm sure we'll find out at Comic Con soon. Here's the full release list so far...

2013:
Thor: The Dark World (November 8th)

2014:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4th)
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1st)

2015:
The Avengers 2 (May 1st) - End of Phase Two
Ant-Man (November 6th) - Start of Phase Three

2016:
*unknown movie* (May 6th)
*unknown movie* (July 8th)

2017:
*unknown movie* (May 5th)

Out of those three unknown movies, I would expect Doctor Strange and/or Black Panther to be among those. I wonder what else we'll get!

Also, we have another new short film. As has been tradition the past few movies, this will be on the Blu-ray for the next release, which is Iron Man 3. So if you pick up the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, you'll get the "Agent Carter" short film. This'll focus on Peggy Carter from the Captain America movies, so it should be interesting.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios)
San Diego Comic Con is happening and we have lots of news!

First, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres on September 24th on ABC. But, the first episode was screened at SDCC and we have some other tidbits as well. Here are the details:
- Cast members: Elizabeth Henstridge plays Agent Simmons, Iain De Caestecker plays Agent Fitz, Chloe Bennet plays Skye, Brett Dalton plays Agent Ward, Ming Na-Wen plays Agent Melinda May, and Clark Gregg is back as Agent Coulson of course.
- May see some old people from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, maybe some new ones from comics that haven't been in the universe yet, but main focus is on the above cast.
- Avengers toys now exist in this universe.
- Cobie Smulders confirmed back as Agent Maria Hill, she is in the pilot episode interviewing Agent Ward.
- Agent Ward: "I don't think Thor is technically a god". Agent Maria Hill: "You haven't been near his arms."
- The Avengers don't have level 7 clearance (which is the clearance you need to know that Agent Coulson is alive).
- The Bus is a plane that serves as their mobile headquarters.
- Agent Coulson makes a joke about Tony Stark.
- Reference to Dr. Erskine, the German scientist who gave the serum to Steve Rogers to become Captain America.
- There is someone with powers that they called the "hooded hero", and he causes an explosion. How did he do that? He has Extremis in his system.
- Agent Coulson: "I've seen giants up close, and that privilege almost cost me everything."
- Agent Coulson's car, named "Lola", is an old school S.H.I.E.L.D. hover car.
- Talk about how Coulson can't know the truth or something of that nature. Speculation is that Agent Coulson is a Life Model Decoy, not the real one, but that's just a theory from fans.
- They just started filming again three days ago, with episode two.

I'm REALLY excited for this show! The fact that Coulson is back is awesome, and it's great that Agent Maria Hill returns too. I also LOVE the references! The jokes about Thor and Tony Stark, and how this show ties into the events post-Avengers and Iron Man 3 is just awesome. Definitely expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe quite a bit, and I think that's really cool.

Now on to the movie stuff... first up was Thor: The Dark World. Here's a breakdown of the footage shown:
The footage begins in the middle of a battlefield. The Warriors Three are among those fighting. The rainbow bridge appears and Mjolnir comes through first. It hits one of the opponent soldiers and Thor is right behind it. He slams it against the Earth and soldiers go flying. Sif saves Thor from a spear at the last second. Over the hill a giant monster who looks like he's made of clay approaches. He's huge and angry. Nearly 20 feet. "I accept your surrender," Thor grins. The beast refuses and Thor smashes him to pieces with the hammer. "Anyone else?" Thor asks. The Marvel logo comes up and we're in London. Jane Foster is there and Thor arrives via the bridge. "I gave you my word I would return for you," he says. We see Jane in Asgard, exploring the wonder of it all. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. Thor goes to Loki. He's get in a prison cell with a big glass panel in front. "After all this time, you come before me, brother?" says Loki, "Why? To mock?" Thor says he needs Loki's help. We see a hand reach for a broken mask, I believe it's Malekith. "Your bravery will not relieve your pain," a voice (I think Eccleston) says. "Your family and your world will be extinguished." Loki sets off with Thor, Jane, Sif and the Warriors Three for a mission. Jane looks at a monitor and says something about the fabric of reality being torn apart. Sif tells Loki that if he betrays Thor, she'll kill him. Jane marches right up and slaps Loki in the face. "That was for New York!" she says. "I like her," Loki grins. There's a final shot of Thor on the ground, hurt, with Loki standing over him. He kicks Thor directly in the face. Thor reaches for his hammer, but Loki kicks his hand away.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see more of Loki as well. Now for Captain America: The Winter Soldier...

The movie will feature many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents like Director Nick Fury, Agent Maria Hill, and Black Widow. Alongside Captain America, we'll also see Anthony Mackie playing the Falcon. And of course, Bucky is back but as the evil Winter Soldier. Black Widow will play a more integral role in this movie, she is partners with Captain America. Here's a description of the footage shown:

We open in an elevator. Cap is inside, looking out the glass window. I think we're in DC. We see him from behind. He's got the shield on his back like a backpack. He turns as more people (Frank Grillo among them) get on. His uniform is new. It looks a lot like the US Agent costume. The music is moody, like The Hunt For Red October. Cap looks Grillo up and down. He senses something isn't right. More people get on. Cap keeps looking at them. He notices many of them are armed. More and more get on with each floor. The elevator is packed. Cap takes another look at their guns. "Before we get started," he says, "Does anyone want to get out?" Grillo says something about it "not being personal" and a fight breaks out. It's a massive fight, mostly shot from above, in the confined space. Cap takes out every single guy. He kicks his shield, flipping it into his hand as he exits.

The Marvel logo comes up. We see Robert Redford in an office. He saying that he joined SHIELD to protect the world. "To build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down," he says. "And that makes enemies." We see the Helicarrier flying. Lots of Black Widow action. Fury shaking hands with Redford. Fury is talking to Cap. "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime," Cap tells him. We see Mackie running from a futuristic helicopter. He leaps off a building and we see the Falcon wings come out! Cap on his motorcycle, fighting the helicopter. The helicarrier falling out of the sky in flames. The final shot is Cap's shield on the ground, A metal hand reaches down to pick it up, revealing the Winter Soldier.

Again, this footage sounds great! I can't wait to see it all in action. Next up is Guardians of the Galaxy...

Here is some concept art of the cast:

From left to right, that's Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord, Groot, and Rocket Racoon.

The cast was also officially announced. Drax the Destroyer is played by Dave Bautista, Gamora is played by Zoe Saldana, Peter Quill is played by Chris Pratt, and no casting for Groot or Rocket Racoon yet. In terms of other cast members, Lee Pace plays Ronan the Accuser, Michael Rooker is Yondu, Karen Gillan is Nebula, Djimon Hounsou is Korath, Benicio del Toro is The Collector, John C. Reilly is Rhomann Dey, and Glenn Close is Nova Prime. That's a lot of characters and I'm not really familiar with any of them, but sounds to me like fans are excited, so I am too.

And then the crazy thing happened and even though they've been filming this movie for less than two weeks, they showed some footage! Here are the details...

We see a desolate alien world, where Peter Quill, a.k.a. Star-Lord, is going inside an ancient temple. He uses a light globe to illuminate the interior, and then goes to steal an old alien orb. Some alien cops come in with big guns to stop him. "Drop it now," orders their leader, Korath (Djimon Hounsou). And he asks Quill who he is. "Star-Lord," he replies. "Who?" Korath asks. "Star-Lord, man. Legendary outlaw." Star-Lord is wounded. "Forget it."

Then we see someone activate a wrist transceiver, and we're in an alien prison, where five creatures have been arrested on Zandar. We see holographic "rapsheets" for all five of them — Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), a personal death machine who is described as the adopted daughter of Thanos, Rocket Raccoon, who has over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escape from lockup, Groot, a houseplant/muscle, and then Star-Lord himself.

Rhomann Dey (John C. Reilly) narrates the whole thing with intense snark, especially when he gets to the part about how Peter Quill calls himself Star-Lord. Listening to this, Quill cranks up his middle finger as if he's working a creaky machine. Later, Quill is in prison and Drax is listening to his personal stereo, which is playing a bouncy "gamba gamba" tune. Quill is offended — and then he gets tased.

And then we saw a montage of tons of action footage, including a two-headed alien shooting a gun, a prison riot, tons of Gamora putting the smackdown on people, Rocket Raccoon shooting a big gun with a vicious look on his face. The footage ends with John C. Reilly saying, "They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy. What a bunch of A-holes." And we see the five of them lined up, like the Usual Suspects.

Sounds really interesting. Can't wait for this movie! And last but not least, Joss Whedon stopped by to officially announce the title for The Avengers 2...

It's called "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The logo was revealed with a quick tease. It began outside an alien temple, with a man approaching. They showed some super quick footage from The Avengers, featuring lines from the movie. Slowly, CGI images form Ultron's face. And then the title card "Avengers: Age of Ultron" appeared.

So what does this mean? Well, it's very interesting actually. I don't know much about Ultron, but apparently he is created by Hank Pym a.k.a. Ant-Man. So does that mean we'll see Ant-Man in this movie prior to his own movie the following year? And what about Thanos? He'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy, but are they saving him for The Avengers 3? From what I hear about Thanos and how he's like the big bad of Marvel, maybe that's a good thing to save him for that movie. Regardless, sounds to me like Marvel has some big plans in the works and I'm very excited. We're entering into very unfamiliar territory for me, which makes it all the more exciting. Can't wait!

UPDATE: The teaser for the Age of Ultron reveal showed Iron Man's mask being smashed and it turned into Ultron's mask, and then the logo was shown. This seems to hint at a different direction for this story, and this was confirmed by Joss Whedon. No Hank Pym in Avengers: Age of Ultron, he'll have a different origin. Speculation is that Tony Stark creates him, possibly with Jarvis A.I. involved. Also, Thanos is indeed more of an end game villain. Think of Thanos as like the Nick Fury of villains, popping up from time to time. He'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy. Also, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is very much a bridge film between The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios)
So, the release date for Ant-Man has been moved up. It was previously scheduled to release on November 6th, 2013... but now it's releasing July 31st, 2015. That's about three months after Avengers: Age of Ultron, which is interesting. Hey, I won't complain... the earlier, the better!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next