It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Xenoblade... you will say WOW. 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Xenoblade... you will say WOW.
Still on my maybe list. May ask for it for xmas, but it depends on the Wii U games I decide to get and which ones I want for xmas.

Is it easy to save in this game? The ones where the save points are far apart I don't do so well. Zelda there were plenty, but Okami there were like none.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Gamer Greg wrote:
Still on my maybe list. May ask for it for xmas, but it depends on the Wii U games I decide to get and which ones I want for xmas.

Is it easy to save in this game? The ones where the save points are far apart I don't do so well. Zelda there were plenty, but Okami there were like none.

You can save at almost any time and any place in the game. It is a HUGE help to be able to save like this.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 am
Pikmin Chucker

Saving is great like JHardin said you can pretty much save whenever you feel like it. The only stipulation is that you can't save during a battle. Dying isn't a problem either because you just restart at the nearest landmark, which are all over the place.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 pm
Pikmin Chucker

Okay I absolutely love this game. My Wii however, decided this would be the perfect time to stop reading discs. So now I'm wondering if I should just pay for a repair or wait and get a Wii U. Ugh, I've already sank 20 hours into this game and now I can't play. This is frustrating.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Weave wrote:
Okay I absolutely love this game. My Wii however, decided this would be the perfect time to stop reading discs. So now I'm wondering if I should just pay for a repair or wait and get a Wii U. Ugh, I've already sank 20 hours into this game and now I can't play. This is frustrating.

Well, if you don't repair it, you may/may not be able to transfer it to the Wii U (I'd think so if it's only the disc part not working). But if there's other issues, you'd have to start over again.

If you do get it fixed, I hear Nintendo charges like $60 bucks or something for most repairs.

That stinks man, I think my disc drive is on the outs as well.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

I'm just going to have it repaired. My save data won't get lost because I am only having problems with the disc reader. Everything else is fine. I can still play Wiiware and VC games. I also do t plan on getting a Wii U until some games the interest me come out. 60 bucks isn't that much of a setback either.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:53 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I finally had a chance to try this game out. While it is super expansive, I felt I was bombarded with prompts. I feel I will likely forget much of that information...

Having completed Last Story already, I must say I do like the combat system better in that game. While it's still really early on, I hope to have time to play more of it sometime soon.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
I love Xenobalde. My favorite character so far is Rein. I also like Shulk & Sharla because of reasons. :P Shulk though reminds me some of JG at times. XD Which is funny since Sharla reminds me of myself. XD

There's this one character that reminds me of another from Chrono Cross. I think it's Mike (or something like that) but yea he comes off like a character I came across in Chrono Cross before..

I got as far as:
Spoiler: show
the Kingdom on the shoulder of the mech that every one lives on for this world & it reminded me too much of Enhasha (a location in Chrono Trigger)

For me to get further in the game.. Just had a moment of clarity or..

Ok this is just too much like Chrono Trigger/Cross & I'm betting Mikey over there is my villain right? Low & behold I read the wiki and yep.. *Sigh* I'm right. -_-

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
I love Xenobalde. My favorite character so far is Rein. I also like Shulk & Sharla because of reasons. :P Shulk though reminds me some of JG at times. XD Which is funny since Sharla reminds me of myself. XD

There's this one character that reminds me of another from Chrono Cross. I think it's Mike (or something like that) but yea he comes off like a character I came across in Chrono Cross before..

I got as far as:
the Kingdom on the shoulder of the mech that every one lives on for this world & it reminded me too much of Enhasha (a location in Chrono Trigger)

For me to get further in the game.. Just had a moment of clarity or..

Ok this is just too much like Chrono Trigger/Cross & I'm betting Mikey over there is my villain right? Low & behold I read the wiki and yep.. *Sigh* I'm right. -_-

"Mikey"?

They don't live on a mech.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Uh yea they do.
It's called a bionis in the game but it's essentially a gianormus mechanical robot that every one lives on.

Also no his name was: Dickson (not Mike or Mikey). Bleh. xD

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

I looked up Chrono Trigger.
I disagree.

MAJOR SPOILERS

The world the Bionis and the Mechonis are in a way the same world we live in right now. The game takes place in the far future, where the final boss, Zanza, destroys the universe and recreates, apparently using the power that would become the Monado. Any ways. The 2 Gods are created and the only people from the old world is Zanza and Meyneith. Skipping ahead, Zanza made it so that the Universe would cycle from life to death like he it "many times before". "Mikey" I think you mean " Metal Face". MF is the games antihero because he only cared about killing Dunban and Shulk. Egil, too , is a antihero in a sense. By killing the Homs, he is draining Zanza of his food.

The Ending: Shulk realizes that Egil really isn't evil and makes peace with him. However Dickson 'kills' him so that Zanza can take over his body. Shulk wakes up with support from Alvis, who is the computer of the tech that remade the Universe. Shulk and co. makes their way and kills Dickson then to move on the Zanza. Fighting Zanza, the game implies Shulk is a god by showing that he has a Monado. Shulk uses this to kill Zanza and to recreate a world with no Gods. The Game ends with the Universe being more-or-less like it was before the game's events.
.[/spoiler]

I don't think they're THAT similar. :P.

I gotta say. This was a bad*** game.

The Bionis is a God. Not a Mech. Guess this thread has new life?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well it depends on what you define as a MECH. I define it as such because that is what it is; yes it's a robot god or what ever but it is also a mech first and a god later. At least impo. :P

Also yea I guess the thread is revived. XD

Oh don't make me pull out the Chrono Trigger hand book of my brain. XD
Cause when you get to the kindgom & have to teleport from place to place JUST to get to where it is that is classic Enhasha! You have to do the exact same thing in order JUST to get to the castle in Chrono Trigger. Also Dikson is so acting the role of Miguel for this title.. Everything I read in the wiki even tells me as much. Yea I know he's an old friend of Serge's dad; Dikson is also an old freind of another characters.. Even so; what happens with him being the villain just reminds me of Miguel's subplot entirely.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Well it depends on what you define as a MECH. I define it as such because that is what it is; yes it's a robot god or what ever but it is also a mech first and a god later. At least impo. :P

Also yea I guess the thread is revived. XD

Oh don't make me pull out the Chrono Trigger hand book of my brain. XD
Cause when you get to the kindgom & have to teleport from place to place JUST to get to where it is that is classic Enhasha! You have to do the exact same thing in order JUST to get to the castle in Chrono Trigger. Also Dikson is so acting the role of Miguel for this title.. Everything I read in the wiki even tells me as much. Yea I know he's an old friend of Serge's dad but he's an old freind of another characters.. Even so what happens with him being the villain just reminds me of Miguel's subplot entirely.

But it's not a robot...

lol There are some similarities buuuuut the cast is still original. I might get live to the Last Story thread btw .

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Well I never said the cast wasn't original; just that some aspects of the game are reminiscent of Chrono Trigger/Cross is all. ;P

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Well I never said the cast wasn't original; just that some aspects of the game are reminiscent of Chrono Trigger/Cross is all. ;P

lol. It's gettin' hard to make a original game nowadays. How many hours are you in the game?

Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 am
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
I'd say probably half way in.. At least until my launch Wii's blutooth wireless module blew up. D: But it's a good thing I invested in a Wii U so I could play it there since the Wii U is backwards compatible. But Animal Crossing New Leaf has taken up a lot of my time too so I haven't gone back to playing Xenoblade Chronicles as of yet. xp

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
I'd say probably half way in.. At least until my launch Wii's blutooth wireless module blew up. D: But it's a good thing I invested in a Wii U so I could play it there since the Wii U is backwards compatible. But Animal Crossing New Leaf has taken up a lot of my time too so I haven't gone back to playing Xenoblade Chronicles as of yet. xp

lol. We are in the same boat with AC.

61 hours in.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:12 am
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Wow 61 hours? *Whistles* Sounds like your further in then I am in Xenoblade. I really need to get back to playing it.. At least until it stops reminding me so much of Chrono Trigger... ^^; I think it's just something I'll have to get past like I had to get past how I felt the last boss looked in Skyward Sword.. (Shiny YGO monster any one? Yea I went there.. XD)

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
Wow 61 hours? *Whistles* Sounds like your further in then I am in Xenoblade. I really need to get back to playing it.. At least until it stops reminding me so much of Chrono Trigger... ^^; I think it's just something I'll have to get past like I had to get past how I felt the last boss looked in Skyward Sword.. (Shiny YGO monster any one? Yea I went there.. XD)

lol no 61 hours of AC.

Im like 230 hours in of Xenoblade. It's like a 100 hour game What body part are you at? If you are ~30 hours in you should be at the Back of the Bionis.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:59 pm
Pikmin Chucker

I'm about 80 hours into this but sometime back in February I just stopped playing and haven't picked it back up. It's such a time investment to play it and I don't have as much free time to game as I used too.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
@ Weave: Yea I know what you mean. It's still worth investing some time in this title though. At least impo I think it is as the characters are just so original & the story is just great. :3

@ WeeGee: I got as far as the right shoulder (towards the neck I think) cause they were talking about heading up to the head where a
jail is

Before I saved; quit & didn't get any further. I think I'll remedy that some time tonight or tomorrow when I get the free time to. ;3

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5