It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Mario & Luigi Wii U Remotes 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Mario & Luigi Wii U Remotes
I know we have a news article, but did anyone else besides DarkWish pick one or both of them up?

I just made the plunge and got Luigi remote. Traded in a white remote (already have 4 other remotes), 1 motion plus accessory (trying to get the Remotes with motion plus inside), and also dumped out Wii Sports (downloaded Wii Sport Club). May have only got a couple of bucks for all 3 items, but used some store credit and gift card to cover the rest. So I'm now a proud Luigi remote owner.

In case you forgot or I never mentioned it, I have 2 black remote pluses (thanks to Wii Play Motion and Flingsmash - there was a deal in like 2008 for buy 1 get one free at Toys R Us or something). Didn't care for either game so traded both games in soon after. Third motion plus remote was from Skyward Sword bundle. So this Luigi remote makes the total 4 motion plus controllers. I only have 1 white controller left, and also 1 motion plus accessory (got 3 when they first came out thinking more games would need them).

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Mario & Luigi Wii U Remotes
They really are pretty cool looking controllers. I had two white Wii Remotes and two white WiiMotionPlus devices to go alongside those and a black Wii Remote with a black Wii MotionPlus. Then I got the Zelda Gold Wii Remote Plus. I also have two white, one black, and one gold Nunchuk. So I basically had a complete set of everything for four players. But... the white Wii Remotes got some stuff on them so they feel weird, and all of them absolutely kill my batteries. I feel like I put in new batteries everytime I use the controllers. Plus, if you ever need to play with the Wii Remotes sideways, it's not very comfortable with Wii MotionPlus attached and it's annoying to keep taking it off.

So I figured it was time to invest in some Wii Remote Plus controllers. I had wanted to get other colors like maybe Blue and Pink for a while now, but just never did. But when they announced the Mario and Luigi controllers, I just had to take the plunge. So now I have three special edition Wii Remote Plus controllers: Mario, Luigi, and the gold Zelda controllers. And I have three regular Wii Remotes. Maybe at some point if they release another special Wii Remote Plus, I may get that to have a fourth so I don't have to worry about the Wii MotionPlus attachment.

But regardless, if anyone wants a new controller... these are great to have.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Mario & Luigi Wii U Remotes
DarkWish wrote:
Plus, if you ever need to play with the Wii Remotes sideways, it's not very comfortable with Wii MotionPlus attached and it's annoying to keep taking it off.

Yes, which is why I've been upgrading them. I was mad I was deceived to get the attachment. So now I've just been trading them out. I knew with the Wii U requiring Wii Remotes, that the Motion Plus was going to be a requirement. So I began to collect them knowing the day would come.

I don't bother with regular batteries, I've had the rechargable battery packs for a while now. When I decided to finally try out Wii Sports Club yesterday, I discovered that 4 of my 5 were dead. So put them on the charger.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]