It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New Harry Potter Spin-Off Movies Coming! 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post New Harry Potter Spin-Off Movies Coming!
OMG I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!

If you didn't know already, I am a massive Harry Potter fan. So it gives me great pleasure to post about the latest news... there's a new Harry Potter movie on the way! No, it's not continuing Harry's story. That's done. This one is loosely based off of the spin-off book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". That book is basically a textbook that the characters in the Harry Potter universe read, and it was released for charity. The upcoming movie series will focus on the character Newt Salamander (author of that book) 70 years before the Harry Potter movies and it'll take place in New York.

In other words... this is an original story. And who better to write the screenplay than J.K. Rowling herself? So this is as official as official can get. I am SUPER excited! The Harry Potter universe is filled with so much and I've always thought they could really expand and tell lots more interesting stories, so I'm glad that they're finally doing that. And more importantly, I'm glad that J.K. Rowling herself will be writing for this. CAN'T WAIT!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:58 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Post Re: New Harry Potter Spin-Off Movies Coming!
I'm quite irritated by this. I seem to be alone I'm believing that the movies were mediocre at best. I'd much rather she spent her time writing another book in the Harry Potter universe.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am
5000+ Club

Oh awesome, I remember people being in doubt at my sometimes pleas for more entries in the franchise, thankfully JK Rowling delivered. Hyped.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
ExiledBlacky wrote:
I'm quite irritated by this. I seem to be alone I'm believing that the movies were mediocre at best. I'd much rather she spent her time writing another book in the Harry Potter universe.

I somehow agree with this, except I'm in for a new movie. I definitely would prefer a new series in the HP Universe or some type of continuation over a new movie, but JK has always said that she was done with writing for the series.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
ExiledBlacky wrote:

I somehow agree with this, except I'm in for a new movie. I definitely would prefer a new series in the HP Universe or some type of continuation over a new movie, but JK has always said that she was done with writing for the series.

I think this is her way of saying that she doesn't have the time to write a new book since she wants to focus on writing other things. But at the same time, she likes this universe. So this allows her to still write new material, but much less time consuming and she gets to still write her own non-Harry Potter stories as well.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]