It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PS Vita TV 
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post PS Vita TV
Today, Sony announced a Vita TV. It can stream media & PS4 games, and it can play Vita games by popping the cartridge right in the device. It hasn't been announced for the US yet, but the Japanese price comes around $100 US. What do you think?

Edit: Adjusted price. I got mixed up with the Vita TV and the new Vita price.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: PS Vita TV
Actually, the Japanese price is around $100, not $200.

Personally, I'm actually somewhat intrigued. For PS4 owners, that's really cool to be able to play your PS4 games on another TV with this device. And being able to play Vita games with this on your TV effectively makes this a $100 Vita system... although not portable and not every game works. It also lets you play PS1 and PS2 games thanks to Gaikai. And it does your other entertainment stuff like Netflix.

All in all, it actually sounds kind of interesting. As someone who doesn't own a Vita or PS4, I wouldn't get as much out of it... but the fact that I can play Vita games on it makes it interesting. Problem is, there's barely anything on Vita that interests me. What does catch my attention however is the use of Gaikai for PS1 and PS2 games. Next year, the PS4 is supposed to allow you to stream PS3 games via Gaikai... does that mean that potentially they could update the PlayStation Vita TV to allow for PS3 games to be streamed through Gaikai? And if so, would you need a PS4 for that?

Because if I can get something like an Apple TV that can allow me to play Vita and PS3 games on the TV... then I'm sold. If I can't do the PS3 games thing, then Vita would have to get some really good games to sell me on this. But it's a very interesting device and I think it's a great idea for Sony.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Post Re: PS Vita TV
I think this is actually pretty sweet. I hope to hear some more news later on.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]