It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for Holi 
Author Message
Wario
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 pm
Posts: 1259
Post Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for Holi
NintendoFuse News

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll.

Post to Reddit



Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile
5000+ Club
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am
Posts: 7331
Location: Blacksburg Va
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
I went with Playstation 4, all current gen consoles have been way down this year and I cant imagine they would really somehow be top sellers his holiday with new hotness already at a million or so preorders coming out. Wii U, I dont know, I cant think of those games as being enough to get mass market folks interested and the ones most excited about the new titles already have Wii U.

_________________
avy from Tadakuni/Hidenori from Daily Lives of Highschool Boys


Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7864
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
I don't think it makes sense to split out 2DS and 3DS because they're the same system. We don't split up the 3DS and 3DS XL in sales. I would have to say that I think the Nintendo 3DS (including 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS) will sell the most this holiday. With Pokemon coming soon, I can see that doing big.

But if we're talking home consoles, then I would predict the PS4. I think Sony has been aggressively pricing and promoting the system and the fact that it's a new system will help out.

_________________
Image


Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm
Posts: 150
Location: In America
NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
I think it's going to be the Wii U being that Nintendo lowered it's price under $50 is kind of a big deal. :P I doubt the PS4 or Xbone will outsell Nintendo this coming holiday season cause neither really have as much going for them as Nintendo does. Seeing that Nintendo is releasing the Brawl game this holiday season & Wind Waker in HD I highly doubt that either company can contend; impo.

_________________
Image


Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7864
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
queenzelda wrote:
I think it's going to be the Wii U being that Nintendo lowered it's price under $50 is kind of a big deal. :P I doubt the PS4 or Xbone will outsell Nintendo this coming holiday season cause neither really have as much going for them as Nintendo does. Seeing that Nintendo is releasing the Brawl game this holiday season & Wind Waker in HD I highly doubt that either company can contend; impo.

What Brawl game are you talking about? The next Smash Bros? That's next year. This holiday for Wii U from Nintendo is stuff like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

_________________
Image


Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm
Posts: 150
Location: In America
NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
*Looks up at DarkWish with slanted eyes* Trust me Smash Bro's will release before the end of the year. If it doesn't I'd be very surprised; seeing as Nintendo will have to roll out the big guns in order to contend against PS4 & Xbone's lacking line up. Oh wait I said it was lacking didn't I?! Opps I guess Nintendo wins by default then don't they. =p Unless the master PC race wins out over all of 'em of course. xp

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7864
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
queenzelda wrote:
*Looks up at DarkWish with slanted eyes* Trust me Smash Bro's will release before the end of the year. If it doesn't I'd be very surprised; seeing as Nintendo will have to roll out the big guns in order to contend against PS4 & Xbone's lacking line up. Oh wait I said it was lacking didn't I?! Opps I guess Nintendo wins by default then don't they. =p Unless the master PC race wins out over all of 'em of course. xp

Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but Smash Bros. is NOT releasing this year. There's no way that'll happen, and no way that was ever possible. Ever since the game was announced a long time ago, we knew that it couldn't come earlier than 2014. That's always been the case. Smash Bros. is next year, not this year. Confirmed.

Not trying to be harsh, just don't want you to get your hopes up over something that is guaranteed to not happen.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2587
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
DarkWish wrote:
queenzelda wrote:
*Looks up at DarkWish with slanted eyes* Trust me Smash Bro's will release before the end of the year. If it doesn't I'd be very surprised; seeing as Nintendo will have to roll out the big guns in order to contend against PS4 & Xbone's lacking line up. Oh wait I said it was lacking didn't I?! Opps I guess Nintendo wins by default then don't they. =p Unless the master PC race wins out over all of 'em of course. xp

Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but Smash Bros. is NOT releasing this year. There's no way that'll happen, and no way that was ever possible. Ever since the game was announced a long time ago, we knew that it couldn't come earlier than 2014. That's always been the case. Smash Bros. is next year, not this year. Confirmed.

Not trying to be harsh, just don't want you to get your hopes up over something that is guaranteed to not happen.


Obviously it would be best to see it this year, but this is a very long shot in the dark for this game to make it. The game was not playable at E3, which Mariokart 8 was. Seeing as that one is scheduled for April 2014 and it was playable, I am not seeing Smash hitting before then. My guess is holiday 2014, and we will see it playable next June (or maybe in March at PAX).

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum style by ST Software.