It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for Holi 
Wario

Post Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for Holi
NintendoFuse News

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll.

Post to Reddit

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
5000+ Club

Post Re: Poll: What will be the biggest selling game console for
I went with Playstation 4, all current gen consoles have been way down this year and I cant imagine they would really somehow be top sellers his holiday with new hotness already at a million or so preorders coming out. Wii U, I dont know, I cant think of those games as being enough to get mass market folks interested and the ones most excited about the new titles already have Wii U.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I don't think it makes sense to split out 2DS and 3DS because they're the same system. We don't split up the 3DS and 3DS XL in sales. I would have to say that I think the Nintendo 3DS (including 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS) will sell the most this holiday. With Pokemon coming soon, I can see that doing big.

But if we're talking home consoles, then I would predict the PS4. I think Sony has been aggressively pricing and promoting the system and the fact that it's a new system will help out.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
I think it's going to be the Wii U being that Nintendo lowered it's price under $50 is kind of a big deal. :P I doubt the PS4 or Xbone will outsell Nintendo this coming holiday season cause neither really have as much going for them as Nintendo does. Seeing that Nintendo is releasing the Brawl game this holiday season & Wind Waker in HD I highly doubt that either company can contend; impo.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
queenzelda wrote:
I think it's going to be the Wii U being that Nintendo lowered it's price under $50 is kind of a big deal. :P I doubt the PS4 or Xbone will outsell Nintendo this coming holiday season cause neither really have as much going for them as Nintendo does. Seeing that Nintendo is releasing the Brawl game this holiday season & Wind Waker in HD I highly doubt that either company can contend; impo.

What Brawl game are you talking about? The next Smash Bros? That's next year. This holiday for Wii U from Nintendo is stuff like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
*Looks up at DarkWish with slanted eyes* Trust me Smash Bro's will release before the end of the year. If it doesn't I'd be very surprised; seeing as Nintendo will have to roll out the big guns in order to contend against PS4 & Xbone's lacking line up. Oh wait I said it was lacking didn't I?! Opps I guess Nintendo wins by default then don't they. =p Unless the master PC race wins out over all of 'em of course. xp

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
queenzelda wrote:
*Looks up at DarkWish with slanted eyes* Trust me Smash Bro's will release before the end of the year. If it doesn't I'd be very surprised; seeing as Nintendo will have to roll out the big guns in order to contend against PS4 & Xbone's lacking line up. Oh wait I said it was lacking didn't I?! Opps I guess Nintendo wins by default then don't they. =p Unless the master PC race wins out over all of 'em of course. xp

Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but Smash Bros. is NOT releasing this year. There's no way that'll happen, and no way that was ever possible. Ever since the game was announced a long time ago, we knew that it couldn't come earlier than 2014. That's always been the case. Smash Bros. is next year, not this year. Confirmed.

Not trying to be harsh, just don't want you to get your hopes up over something that is guaranteed to not happen.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
DarkWish wrote:
queenzelda wrote:

Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but Smash Bros. is NOT releasing this year. There's no way that'll happen, and no way that was ever possible. Ever since the game was announced a long time ago, we knew that it couldn't come earlier than 2014. That's always been the case. Smash Bros. is next year, not this year. Confirmed.

Not trying to be harsh, just don't want you to get your hopes up over something that is guaranteed to not happen.

Obviously it would be best to see it this year, but this is a very long shot in the dark for this game to make it. The game was not playable at E3, which Mariokart 8 was. Seeing as that one is scheduled for April 2014 and it was playable, I am not seeing Smash hitting before then. My guess is holiday 2014, and we will see it playable next June (or maybe in March at PAX).

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]