It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Batman Arkham Origins Multiplayer Missing on Wii U – O 
Wario

Post Batman Arkham Origins Multiplayer Missing on Wii U – O
NintendoFuse News

The next Batman game is coming, and it will be available for Wii U. If that is not enough to get you excited, let me tell you about the recently announced multiplayer mode. It is a three-team competitive mode that is sure to bring lots of fans online for play with friends and in random battles. Are you excited yet? It will allow you to play as Batman or Robin as you hunt down others online, or you can play the role of a Super Villain Elite to side with The Joker or Bane. Sounds great, right?? Oh wait… According to the press release they sent us, the multiplayer mode will not be available on the Wii U version.

“The online mode will be available for the PlayStation┬«3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360┬« video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.”

Yes, chalk this up to another half-done port being shipped to the Wii U. I wonder what they will say when it does not sell as well as the other versions.

At this time, I would like to say something on behalf of all of us at NintendoFuse:

Attention third-party developers… We are tired of seeing games only halfway done for Nintendo platforms. We are also tired of you saying they do not sell well. You know why they do not sell as well as other consoles? Part of the reason is because you do not put out the full game. Who would want to buy half a game for $60 or even $50, when they can buy the full thing for $60 on another console? Please correct this in future releases. We will gladly pay you our money, but you need to give us quality games first.

To others who have done this the right way, we thank you very much for not giving us Nintendo fans the stiff-arm. We appreciate it, and we hope that you see that by the way we purchase your games.

Post to Reddit

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:05 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Batman Arkham Origins Multiplayer Missing on Wii U &#821
This makes me want to review the game, just so I can slam it for this.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:

Something like... This would have been a fantastic game if only they would have included some sort of online multiplayer, but since they didn't, FAIL. 1/10.
Obviously this is a bit of a stretch, but it is definitely disappointing, especially their response.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Something like... This would have been a fantastic game if only they would have included some sort of online multiplayer, but since they didn't, FAIL. 1/10.
Obviously this is a bit of a stretch, but it is definitely disappointing, especially their response.

Multiplayer makes a game fantastic or not? Verily the age of the single player game is dead even in the eyes of gamers.

I thought Wii U fans would be glad to finally get a third party game that is on par with other current generation offerings on the twin hd consoles and the powerful computer. Unfortunately, I guess Wii U fans are just too choosy and picky with games.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Multiplayer makes a game fantastic or not? Verily the age of the single player game is dead even in the eyes of gamers.

I thought Wii U fans would be glad to finally get a third party game that is on par with other current generation offerings on the twin hd consoles and the powerful computer. Unfortunately, I guess Wii U fans are just too choosy and picky with games.

LOL You're back with all your.... Yeah...
Anyhow, notice that I said, "Obviously this is a bit of a stretch..." which clearly means that was hyperbole.
To your other point, the fact is that this is NOT on par with the other versions because it is lacking still.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Dear WB,

I had heard a lot about these Arkham games and considered jumping in with this one. But due to your terrible attempt at a half-assed port, I will not be supporting this release. Other third party developers have proven that with a little bit of effort, not only can they release games that are on part with other consoles... but even better. Need for Speed: Most Wanted U is a prime example of how the Wii U version is the best and takes advantage of Wii U's unique features. Even games like Assassin's Creed III are just as good as the other consoles. So to you and other third parties... put some effort into Wii U titles and I'll put some effort in getting out my wallet. It's that simple.

Sincerely,
Someone Tired Of BS Excuses From Third Parties

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Multiplayer CAN make a game fantastic. Luigi's Mansion did not need multiplayer for me to buy it (I'm not one for co-op) in my eyes. That is better as a solo experience. If Mariokart doesn't have multiplayer, WHO would buy it? If Smash Brothers was single player, would you buy it? NO!

What if Activision said that COD was skipping multiplayer in Ghosts on the PS3/PS4, 360/Xbox 1 and said only Wii U would have online multiplayer? It would drive the fanbase insane.

I appreciate that they are giving us a game, but I also would appreciate a semi-equal version of the game. I was sort of thinking about it, but if it's going to be half-***ed then I why should I pay the same price as the 360/PS3 versions? It should be at least $30 if they are skipping half of the experience from other versions of the game.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]