It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Petition Started to Get Reggie in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U 
Smash Brother

Post Petition Started to Get Reggie in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U
NintendoFuse News

090107_reggie

It is no secret that a new Super Smash Bros. game is in the works. In fact, there are two in plans for 2014 — one for Wii U and another for 3DS. While the roster is far from final, many have already started speculating about the list, as they have for previous games. We only know 13 playable characters right now, but there is another that Nintendo fans seem to want.

After many jokingly asked Nintendo of America President and COO, Reggie Fils-Aime, if he was going to be a playable character, someone has taken it further and actually created a petition. The petition states:

“Please sign this petition and help us boost Sakurai and his team to go ahead with Reggie’s inclusion in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U! To raise awareness about this, please use the hashtag #ReggieForSmashBros and Tweet to @Sora_Sakurai to let him know about this petition. Also Tweet to @NintendoOfAmerica, @NintendoEurope, and @NintendoUK ; and post about this on Miiverse to prove to Nintendo that Reggie deserves a spot on the roster.”

While we do not know if this will actually work, it is possibly the first time players have strongly requested the presence of an actual human character within the game. Previous requests have been made for characters like Sonic the Hedgehog, which actually happened in Brawl. So, it is safe to say that there is a chance this might happen. However, you may not want to put any money on it just yet.

If you want to sign the petition (currently at 7,000 signatures), click the link below.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/s ... rsmashbros

Post to Reddit

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Post Re: Petition Started to Get Reggie in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U
Actually I'll sign it & IF he gets into the game it'll be the FIRST Brawl game I'll consider buying just because he's featured as a character in it. ;3

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

I have lost all faith in petitions. No one listens to them.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
SirVenom wrote:
I have lost all faith in petitions. No one listens to them.
lol! Yeah I dunno if this will work either or if I want it to happen.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Petitions rarely every work. This one won't work either, especially because of how dumb it is. That being said, if Reggie was in Smash Bros, that'd be hilariously awesome. But... it's not happening.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Lakitu

NNID: noahdp
I think the only way he would EVER be in the game would be if the mii was a character and he was an alternate skin for the mii.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
noahdp wrote:
I think the only way he would EVER be in the game would be if the mii was a character and he was an alternate skin for the mii.

Now that you say that, I could see them implementing Mii into the game, and then saying we could always choose a Reggie Mii as the one we use. That's probably the way it will happen.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
noahdp wrote:

Now that you say that, I could see them implementing Mii into the game, and then saying we could always choose a Reggie Mii as the one we use. That's probably the way it will happen.

I disagree (respectfully of course). I thought I heard Sakurai say he didn't want Miis in the game. So I didn't think it would be an option.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:
noahdp wrote:

I disagree (respectfully of course). I thought I heard Sakurai say he didn't want Miis in the game. So I didn't think it would be an option.

Well, if he did, then that's another story...

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Sakurai said the Villager wasn't suited for fighting... yet he's in this game. So basically, Sakurai changes his mind.

It's also worth nothing there is a rather prominent rumor going around. Someone who works for the site Gematsu got a tip from someone about some new Smash Bros characters. There was doubt about its validity, so the person didn't post it on Gematsu right away and instead jokingly posted it on NeoGAF. The six characters were: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Little Mac, and Pac-Man. This was posted a day or two before Smash Bros was revealed. It was said these six were to be revealed at E3, although plans could change.

Seems quite unlikely to me that anyone could predict someone like Wii Fit Trainer, let alone that along with the Villager. Plus, there is a boxing ring that is similar to that of a Punch-Out stage so Little Mac isn't out of the question. And Rich from IGN interviewed Sakurai and when Rich mentioned he wanted Pac-Man, Sakurai simply asked him what he thought Pac-Man's final smash would be. Could he be gathering feedback? To me, this seems like it's something to keep an eye on.

So I think Mii's are quite likely. Sakurai also teased some sort of character customization from the 3DS version to the Wii U version... could that be customizing your own Mii to bring to a console to fight? Plus, Mii's can represent games like Wii Sports and are a very iconic part of the Wii era. I'd actually be surprised if Mii's were not playable at this point.

On a side note, imagine an event in Smash Bros where you fight Mii's of Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto. That'd be hilarious and awesome.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I could definitely see NAMCO pushing for Pac-Man to be in it, due to their attempt to refresh him and his games. Also, they are working with Nintendo for MK8, sooo...

As for Miis, I could definitely see them implemented. If so, it would really expand the roster with little effort, since you could play with practically an endless possibility of Miis.

An event against Nintendo's Miis would be great!!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
As for Miis, I could definitely see them implemented. If so, it would really expand the roster with little effort, since you could play with practically an endless possibility of Miis.

Would all Miis have the same moveset? It'd be weird. I can't really imagine any original moves. Swing a Tennis Racket? Hurl a bowling ball? Uppercut? Shoot an arrow? Seems like it could be pretty odd set of moves that don't really go together.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:

Would all Miis have the same moveset? It'd be weird. I can't really imagine any original moves. Swing a Tennis Racket? Hurl a bowling ball? Uppercut? Shoot an arrow? Seems like it could be pretty odd set of moves that don't really go together.

That'd be the thing. It could be an odd collection of several Mii-focused games. :-)

Maybe all would have the same move set... Or maybe they could vary slightly based on size (similar to Miis in Mario Kart). Either way, I think it would be fun. Sure, they wouldn't make the entire game about Miis, but they would just be another spot on the roster of 30 or whatever other fighters, who all have different moves.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]