It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
To all that are seeing this: 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: To all that are seeing this:
QZ! You should stick around, it'd be fun.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Wow... I step away for travel for a couple weeks and things get interesting. Old members show up and threads are actually populated... Kinda.

Anyway, I just wanted to say quickly that even though I'm not as active in discussion, I am on multiple times a day checking on things. That's all for now. SV has done a good job on the history. He left me out of part of it, but that's ok. I was mostly just caught in the middle during all the mess and after it all subsided, it was just SV and I left on the team by edict from hey_suburbia.

-----
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

That's what happens when you write one draft and go to bed. Yes, Hattrick was there, too, and did tend to get caught in the middle. It's selfish human nature, of course, that makes me more vividly remember myself being in the middle, hence the glaring and unintentional omission :p

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 pm
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
DarkWish wrote:
QZ! You should stick around, it'd be fun.

Would you please call me Queen? I'd appreciate it.

Also this place will always be wiifuse to me even if the name has changed.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
SirVenom wrote:
That's what happens when you write one draft and go to bed. Yes, Hattrick was there, too, and did tend to get caught in the middle. It's selfish human nature, of course, that makes me more vividly remember myself being in the middle, hence the glaring and unintentional omission :p

No biggie. Just felt I should point it out. But it doesn't change much of anything overall.

-----

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Wiifuse is dead? I dont know, I think it is a direct reflection of the state of videogames currently and what not, with barely no compelling Wii games of course people will not be willing to discuss nothing on here. No Fire Emblem or SMT4 discussion is a huge example. I will say I do load of the forum like once a week or two even just to see whats happening with people Ive not encountered in awhile. I have decreased the amount of time I even discuss games in depthly as most are just unappealing now (until PS4 comes along).

I guess I can be around more.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
No Fire Emblem or SMT4 discussion is a huge example.

Fire Emblem thread has been populated a while back with a bunch of posts, but I don't see you responding in there to curve the discussion. SMT4 just released, so not sure what members are getting it. I had almost planned on it, but I found out it was like Dragon Quest Monsters/Pokemon, it wouldn't be a game I'd like.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Yay, finally starting to see more discussion on this forum. I like this. And we're free from the usual trolls!

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
I guess I can be around more.

Spoke too soon...

In all seriousness, it's not a reflection on the state of gaming. There is lots to discuss. It's a reflection on how busy our lives are. Much easier and quicker to tweet something than it is to come here, find the relevant topic, and make a post about it.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
DarkWish wrote:
In all seriousness, it's not a reflection on the state of gaming. There is lots to discuss. It's a reflection on how busy our lives are. Much easier and quicker to tweet something than it is to come here, find the relevant topic, and make a post about it.

Yea I know it's liek people have to make an effort to post on forums where as with twitter you can post feeds about the same stuff over and over again & no one cares. You can't really do the same with forums.

Also Idk if this has been said but google search for Nintendo forums one day.. There are far more Nintendo forums out there that just any one could join.. So much so that maybe Nintendo forums are saturating the forum market and others forums just look more appealing to join. *shrugs*

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

hattrick wrote:
No biggie. Just felt I should point it out. But it doesn't change much of anything overall.

-----

Don't undersell yourself ;)

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:33 am
5000+ Club

Gamer Greg wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Fire Emblem thread has been populated a while back with a bunch of posts, but I don't see you responding in there to curve the discussion. SMT4 just released, so not sure what members are getting it. I had almost planned on it, but I found out it was like Dragon Quest Monsters/Pokemon, it wouldn't be a game I'd like.

Unfortunately, I dont have neither game so I couldnt really make any sort of contribution to discussions regarding them.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Unfortunately, I dont have neither game so I couldnt really make any sort of contribution to discussions regarding them.

If you don't have them, why did you list them?

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:59 am
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
queenzelda wrote:
Well JG's still here from what I can see; he just isn't as active as he used to be back in the day is all most likely. XD

Mm, quite right.

I always take a gander at what's going on here from time to time. Actually I've taken some time to make some big posts, but most get interrupted for some reason..

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
JumpingGirraffe wrote:
I always take a gander at what's going on here from time to time. Actually I've taken some time to make some big posts, but most get interrupted for some reason..

Hehe your just astounded by my beauty & it has just stunned you so that you can't bring yourself to finish posting! Oh noes! D: XD

-Joke- :tongue: I think you just miss some one picking on you all the time like I used to; that's all. ;3 (I'm kidding btw)

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

queenzelda wrote:
JumpingGirraffe wrote:

Hehe your just astounded by my beauty & it has just stunned you so that you can't bring yourself to finish posting! Oh noes! D: XD

-Joke- :tongue: I think you just miss some one picking on you all the time like I used to; that's all. ;3 (I'm kidding btw)

So I guess the consensus is that most members are just lurkers.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Yep. Why bother to post when it's easier to read what every one else is saying? It just takes too much of an effort to post when they could be posting moar about themselves and what they're doing on fb or twitter. :tongue: But not every one you find on NF is like that though. ;3

I think that maybe if the members of NF had something else to talk to each other about besides Nintendo games & other consoles like perhaps some one on the forum developing a game for another newer system like say: the OUYA game system. ;3 THEN maybe there would be more interest in coming to the forums outside of the blogasphere. *shrugs*

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Wow what a blast from the past. I know I've been pretty quiet all these years but I still check in on a semi-regular basis. I have been sort of a flake lately. Anyways, reading SV's post brought up a lot of stuff about this forum that I remember such as the high jacking and the RP forums. Thinking back on past members I always enjoyed reading what EB and Charmy had to say. They added a much needed balance to discussion. I never really engaged much on a personal level with anyone here though. I normally just read what others have to say and sometimes contribute if I feel like I have something new to add to the discussion, which is rare. I'll probably continue along this route because in terms of users I feel like I'm the least dramatic of the bunch. Anyways, just thought I'd weigh in .

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 pm
Forum Administrator

Weave wrote:
in terms of users I feel like I'm the least dramatic of the bunch.

Us, dramatic? HOW DA- yeah, maybe.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:20 pm
Pikmin Chucker

SirVenom wrote:
Weave wrote:
in terms of users I feel like I'm the least dramatic of the bunch.

Us, dramatic? HOW DA- yeah, maybe.

Only a little bit... I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that there were topics to comment in when I checked in today. Don't we normally have a summer drought?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:12 am
Forum Administrator

Yeah. I think this topic actually stirred things up.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 am
Pikmin Chucker

Yeah we've seen this place way less active than it's been the past couple of months. I think it was a user named Wishale or something similar who wrote a whole thread about how Wiifuse couldn't be considered a forum anymore because of lack of users. I think Queen and I were the only people who comment on it. That was a while back when this place was still green and brown. Might have been right before the restructuring.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 am
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
Weave wrote:
Yeah we've seen this place way less active than it's been the past couple of months. I think it was a user named Wishale or something similar who wrote a whole thread about how Wiifuse couldn't be considered a forum anymore because of lack of users. I think Queen and I were the only people who comment on it. That was a while back when this place was still green and brown. Might have been right before the restructuring.

Yea I remember that jerk; he told me to remove an ad I had on my signature or else he'd ban me before I even had a chance to read or know what the rules were here. Day one I signed up and bam got threatened with a ban; it was rude to say the least. Wishale came back some time later and made a lewd comment about my sweetheart spanking me with a keyblade that he had bought for me while we were on vacation. I mean this guy outright hated me & showed it every time he showed up. I for one am glad he's gone... -_-;

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

queenzelda wrote:
Weave wrote:

Wishale came back some time later and made a lewd comment about my sweetheart spanking me with a keyblade that he had bought for me while we were on vacation. I mean this guy outright hated me & showed it every time he showed up. I for one am glad he's gone... -_-;

I don't know about the ban threat (that was policy at the time anyway), but wasn't this part actually FlamingSquirrel?

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm
Octorok

3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
SirVenom wrote:
I don't know about the ban threat (that was policy at the time anyway), but wasn't this part actually FlamingSquirrel?

Ohh I see. I still think it was a bit rude & lol you were the first person I went to when that guy threatened me. LAWL. Not that I recall but mun it's been liek awhile since I've been actively back on nintendofuse & all. Idk he just came off the same way Wishale did was all; that's all I remember really. x-X

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I found all this discussion to be very interesting how things 'used to be'. Please continue :)

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next