It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
So "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" are coming next year!

I'm definitely very excited. Both versions will have the same characters, but different stages; 3DS version will have stages based on handheld titles and Wii U version will have stages based on console titles. So far the new characters (Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer) all look pretty cool. By the way, Pikmin & Olimar was recently confirmed to return as well. Here are all the characters so far...

Super Smash Bros. being my favorite series ever, I am incredibly excited for this! Who else is ready for this game? And what are your thoughts on what we know so far?

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:55 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Post Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
I would like to see more about it.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that all the Wii Fit Trainer images are from the Wii U version? This seems to hint at some different characters on the two systems.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
SirVenom wrote:
I would like to see more about it.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that all the Wii Fit Trainer images are from the Wii U version? This seems to hint at some different characters on the two systems.

Sakurai said in the Developer Direct that the games would have the same characters, but different stages. Seems Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and even Pikmin & Olimar all don't have 3DS screenshots. What Sakurai also said in an interview was that there was a possibility the Wii U and 3DS games would release at separate times. My guess is that the Wii U version is further along in development, which is why we don't have 3DS screens for everyone yet. So maybe we'll see the Wii U version release before the 3DS version. I'd like that personally, so I won't have to worry about which version to play if they're both out together.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]