It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS 
Pokémon Master

Post Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS
So, we got the first trailer.

Villager obviously confirmed as a new character. Not shown in the trailer, but also confirmed is Mega Man. Also shown is gameplay for both the WiiU and 3DS versions. WiiU version looks very clean and sharp with slightly improved character models and skins compared to Brawl's. The 3Ds version looks... interesting. No, not interesting. Gross? Not great, if anything. The characters sport a black outline to help them stand out from the background, which looks awful, but is probably necessary. The two versions should have cross-platform play, but whether that means online or just local wireless is unknown to me.

EDIT: You know, looking back at the video in a small player, rather than fullscreen at 1080p, the 3DS footage doesn't look that bad. The outlines aren't as pronounced as I originally perceived and don't bother me much. In fact, the game looks quite nice. I figured watching it at such a high resolution altered my perception, so watching it in a small player for the 3DS footage is highly recommended to get a better idea of what it will look like.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Administrator

Post Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS
It looks nice, certainly. I hope, though, that they release more footage soon. I would like to see what, besides a few changed characters, Nintendo is doing to differentiate this from Brawl.

My roster demands: Bring back Mewtwo, don't remove Ness or Lucas. Or, replace Ness or Lucas with another EarthBound character, and reduce the removed fighter to a costume change.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

Pretty excited for a handheld Smash. Odd that they added the Wii Fit trainer...

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 pm
Forum Administrator

Jack wrote:
Odd that they added the Wii Fit trainer...

Wow, I did not see that. I'll have to track updates to the website.

Weird move. If they're adding her, then they had better not remove any of my EarthBound stuff.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm
Pokémon Master

Post Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS
I actually think the WiiFit trainer looks quite cool in action.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 am
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
Isn't there something for 3DS that you can customize characters and use them or upload them to your Wii U. Is that right?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am
Profile YIM
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
I also saw that Pit was attacking with an upper dash arm, so exited!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 am
Profile YIM
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Looks great! Super Smash Bros being my favorite series, I'm obviously excited for this. Mega Man was a surprise, but nice to see. Wii Fit Trainer was the "WHAT?!" character similar to Game & Watch and R.O.B., although I feel like she's more of a surprise and more out of left field. But she looks interesting in motion, very agile. And of course... Villager. SUPER EXCITED about Villager. Was hoping he'd be in Brawl, but that never panned out and all we got was an Animal Crossing stage. But finally Animal Crossing is represented as a character and he looks like he'll be fun to play as.

Also, some other tidbits... both the 3DS and Wii U games will have the same number of characters. They didn't specifically say the same characters, but only the same number of them. So there is a chance we may see some version exclusives. That remains unknown. There will also be different stages between the versions. The 3DS version will have stages focused on handheld titles (like the Nintendogs, Gerudo Valley, and Spirit Tracks stages). And the Wii U version will have stages focused on consoles games. This information comes from the "Developer Direct":

Also, here is the Mega Man intro video:

Here is the Wii Fit Trainer video:

And here's a video showing the Wii Fit Trainer reveal live and a match of Mega Man (Masahiro Sakurai) vs Mario (Nate Bihldorf from NOA):

The Wii Fit Trainer reveal video live is hilarious. It goes like...
"Ooh, I wonder what this game is"
"Aww man, it's Wii Fit, so lame"
"Haha what are Mario, Link, and Kirby doing there? Could it be..."
"OMG WHAT?! Wii Fit Trainer in Smash Bros?!"

I can't wait for 2014! I'll be getting both games. Gotta have Smash Bros at home and on the go, plus they have different stages.

Oh, and is the name really just "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"? On Nintendo's site, X for Wii U says tentative name next to it, but Super Smash Bros doesn't. I hope not, I'd like some sort of subtitle to differentiate them not only from the previous games, but also between the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Pretty dull entry in the Smash Brothers franchise. I was expecting innovations and something to change up the formula but as it stands now it seems like a very conservative and safe approach to the next iteration. One would have thought in the many years since the previous entry, as well as being at the hands of an actually competent game development studio and team, and additionally being a game making its debut at the humble beginnings of a new generation that we would see something akin to a true battle revolution instead of this. The only thing exciting in the trailer was just a new made for Smash Brothers boxing stage and random additional characters that no one honestly cared about or even wanted. No one would honestly use Villager or even Wii Fit Trainer. Nintendo has pretty much failed and we can really only hope that over the coming months drastic changes are made, or else, this will feel equivalent to the typical yearly iteration of sports franchise z.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Pretty dull entry in the Smash Brothers franchise. I was expecting innovations and something to change up the formula but as it stands now it seems like a very conservative and safe approach to the next iteration. One would have thought in the many years since the previous entry, as well as being at the hands of an actually competent game development studio and team, and additionally being a game making its debut at the humble beginnings of a new generation that we would see something akin to a true battle revolution instead of this. The only thing exciting in the trailer was just a new made for Smash Brothers boxing stage and random additional characters that no one honestly cared about or even wanted. No one would honestly use Villager or even Wii Fit Trainer. Nintendo has pretty much failed and we can really only hope that over the coming months drastic changes are made, or else, this will feel equivalent to the typical yearly iteration of sports franchise z.

You have decided on this game all based on the first trailer? Well all righty then. Sounds to me like you decided a long time ago that you would hate on this game. I'm not surprised.

Anyways, we have more tidbits of info. 3DS characters can be customized somehow and brought to the Wii U version. No cross play between the versions because they have completely different stages, as was mentioned earlier. In fact, there is a chance the two versions may not even release at the same time. Also... no more tripping. Not many third party characters, so I wouldn't expect anything else other than Mega Man and probably Sonic would be my guess. All in all, this is shaping up to be pretty interesting. Looking forward to more info!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Villager seemed quite good to me. I'm fine as long they add fresh characters ie Shulk from Xenoblade.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 am
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Marth was confirmed as a fighter. I'm excited. I can finally enjoy him more that I've experienced Fire Emblem.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I need to go get caught up on all the new photos and announcements. Last time, I was checking every day. This time, I keep forgetting. Life gets in the way too much. lol

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Hi guys ^_^

So Zelda and Rosalina/Luma were announced. Rosy looks like an interesting fighter, because she looks to betrothed by Luma, giving her huge range and lots of combo potential.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Hi guys ^_^

So Zelda and Rosalina/Luma were announced. Rosy looks like an interesting fighter, because she looks to betrothed by Luma, giving her huge range and lots of combo potential.

I just can't wait to play the game! I will have to see how she handles. I like a moderate level fighter with some agility and some power, I'm not good with the super slow/ultra powerful characters, nor am I good with the super quick/weak characters either.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Boo

Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Hi guys ^_^

I just can't wait to play the game! I will have to see how she handles. I like a moderate level fighter with some agility and some power, I'm not good with the super slow/ultra powerful characters, nor am I good with the super quick/weak characters either.

I might skip this one. Im not too fond of fighting games, and they seem to be thin on content.

Ah well.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:18 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
WeeGee wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Hi guys ^_^

I might skip this one. Im not too fond of fighting games, and they seem to be thin on content.

Ah well.

I am not good at them, but I still enjoy playing. I know for a fact I will lose when NintendoFuse staff and members play when the games are out. Mariokart is a different story for me though. I'm no extreme pushover, I was able to rock level 9 CPUs in the original and Melee and most of the time in brawl, but I will see with these new ones.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Dedede returns!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:55 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Dedede returns!

Meh.

I do like the approach of "tagging" characters when their games are released though. So I wonder if Diddy (or another Kong) will be revealed when Tropical Freeze launches. And finally, wonder if Yoshi will be confirmed when Yoshi's New Island is released. It seems rather odd that Yoshi hasn't been confirmed yet, but with Sonic tailing with Lost World, Zelda with Link Between Worlds, and now Dedede with Kirby Triple Deluxe, you have to applaud Sakori's efforts with character announcements.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
Dedede returns!

Not really surprised...

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Yea, Sakurai is most definitely making these announcements to coincide with the Japanese release of certain games. So I bet Yoshi will come with the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island.

I like the pace of new announcements. We get little tidbits here and there, and then some bigger announcements randomly. And yet, there's still a ton we don't know about the game. With the Dojo, we'd get more information each day than just one screenshot. That was nice at the time... but right now, I'm actually happy with the slower pace of news. I don't want everything to be spoiled for me.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
... but right now, I'm actually happy with the slower pace of news. I don't want everything to be spoiled for me.

What!? You don't want anything spoiled? You who looks up spoilers for TV shows and movies all the time?? lol

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

I actually don't mind having the game spoiled or whatever. I don't necessarily think it spoils much for me, since the real surprise will be how it plays. But that's just me.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
... but right now, I'm actually happy with the slower pace of news. I don't want everything to be spoiled for me.

What!? You don't want anything spoiled? You who looks up spoilers for TV shows and movies all the time?? lol

lol true, but only for certain things. Like, if somebody spoiled The Walking Dead for me, I'd be angry. But I love spoilers for the new Transformers movie. It all depends on what it is. Mainly because shows like The Walking Dead are enjoyable to me because I don't know what's going to happen next. Whereas things like the Transformers movies or the Marvel Studios movies I just enjoy finally seeing things on the big screen, so it doesn't matter if I read any spoilers or anything.

As for Smash Bros, I think we're going at a nice pace basically. Reveal too much right now and it makes the wait even longer. I would rather they reveal more closer to launch. And hopefully we don't have to wait like a month or two after Japan gets the game like they did with Brawl. That was a difficult wait.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

After buying HarmoKnight last week, I'm really hoping he'll debut as a playable character in Smash4. I think he'd fit in well, and even has a decent number of attacks that could transfer over.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next