It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Is an Eternal Darkness Sequel Really Coming? 
Paper Mario

Post Is an Eternal Darkness Sequel Really Coming?
NintendoFuse News

shadow-of-the-eternals_wide-image-facebook

Many people agree that one of the best games on the Nintendo GameCube was “Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem.” The game was a third-person adventure that also incorporated puzzle elements. The horror genre was shocked by another feature not really seen in a game since Eternal Darkness. Every character had a “sanity meter,” so in addition to watching out for your physical health, you also had to watch your mental health. If it started dropping, you began hallucinating. One of the most frustrating, yet cool, examples was when the game seem to freeze on you, stating that the entire save file had been deleted.

Fans have been clamoring for a sequel for years. Today, IGN posted a trailer for “Shadow of the Eternals,” an upcoming game that is in development. What is so special about this title? It is by the same people who brought us Eternal Darkness. This sequel, or spiritual successor, to the original has very little details right now. However, there is a website, Facebook page, Twitter profile, and YouTube channel. The website says to expect information about their “crowdfunding campaign” in two days (12:00 PM Eastern on May 12, 2013). Due to the lack of available information, one can only speculate if this game will hit a Nintendo console. Until then, be sure to like them, follow them, and send them a note sharing how much you would appreciate Shadow of the Eternals to be available on Wii U.

Until then, enjoy the teaser trailer below…

Post to Reddit

Fri May 03, 2013 12:52 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Is an Eternal Darkness Sequel Really Coming?
Updated original post with more info we have heard...
http://www.nintendofuse.com/2013/05/03/ ... ly-coming/

Fri May 03, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Re: Is an Eternal Darkness Sequel Really Coming?
Oh yes this is gonna be awesome. I remember playing ED for the gamecube back in the day having no idea what to expect when I played through it. I thought it was just another"regular" title for the gamecube when I started playing it. Boy was I wrong....... it was like MGS messing with my mind again. So freaky. I hope this new title sees the light of day.

Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]