It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
20th Century Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post 20th Century Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe
So for those that don't know, Marvel Studios has many movies made based on their comic books... but by various studios. The Spider-Man movie series rights are owned by Sony. 20th Century Fox owns the rights to the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. And Marvel Studios themselves holds the rights to much more like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America. The Avengers was made by Marvel Studios themselves and they could only use characters they had the rights to... so that meant no Spider-Man (since Sony owns him) or the Fantastic Four or X-Men (cause 20th Century Fox owns them).

But after the success of The Avengers and how Marvel Studios took individual movies and tied them together, 20th Century Fox wants in on their own collaboration. Marvel hired Joss Whedon to consult on their upcoming movies... and now Fox has hired their own consultant: Mark Miller. Miller has written several Marvel books and has helped develop films like Wanted and Kick-Ass. He is now working with Fox on developing new avenues for its X-Men and Fantastic Four series.

So what's their plan? Their plan is to create their movies so that they don't contradict each other... maybe we'll see them appear in each other's movies eventually, but right now they want to establish various series but in the same universe. They're using the X-Men series as a base. So far, the X-Men series consists of the following already released and upcoming movies...

X-Men (2000)
X2 (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
The Wolverine (2013)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

In terms of a timeline, some things are a bit messy and overlap, but here is the overall timeline... X-Men: First Class --> X-Men Origins: Wolverine --> X-Men --> X2 --> X-Men: The Last Stand --> The Wolverine --> X-Men: Days of Future Past.

So that's where things stand there. Fox is working on a reboot of The Fantastic Four that will basically be a part of the same universe, though no crossovers at the moment. Fox also owns the rights to Deadpool and maybe other characters. So they're going to try and make sure everything fits together. I'm not sure how well this is going to work, but anything to create a bigger universe is interesting to me, so I'm curious to see what they do. Hiring a consultant to oversee their upcoming movies is definitely important, so we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.

Anyone interested in this or curious as to what will happen from Fox's cinematic universe?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Re: 20th Century Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe
I'm pumped for the new wolverine, seeing as it looks to be much better than the first origins. I really got aggrevated with the first one.

And I am so so psyched for the new xmen.

That is all.

Oh we'll one more thing. I wish they would make scarlet johassans hair long and curly and DARK red like in iron man 2. Me likes that look alot better. I know......pretty random.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
batmanjokergorden wrote:
I'm pumped for the new wolverine, seeing as it looks to be much better than the first origins. I really got aggrevated with the first one.

And I am so so psyched for the new xmen.

That is all.

I'm really excited for Days of Future Past next year, since that's supposed to have cast members from all the different movies and deal with time travel and everything. Sounds interesting! And it seems like this is all leading to an X-Men 4 movie, so we'll see.

batmanjokergorden wrote:
Oh we'll one more thing. I wish they would make scarlet johassans hair long and curly and DARK red like in iron man 2. Me likes that look alot better. I know......pretty random.

I definitely agree. Though that's for the Avengers topic.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I'm quite interested to see how they do this whole thing within the X-Men movies. As of now, they almost have two different story-lines going from the comics, and they will somehow combine them. So... I'm a bit skeptical, but still very interested.

One funny thing I noticed is that if they don't completely reboot FF with a new cast, then Johnny Storm will bare a striking resemblance to Captain America! :-)

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
I'm quite interested to see how they do this whole thing within the X-Men movies. As of now, they almost have two different story-lines going from the comics, and they will somehow combine them. So... I'm a bit skeptical, but still very interested.

One funny thing I noticed is that if they don't completely reboot FF with a new cast, then Johnny Storm will bare a striking resemblance to Captain America! :-)

lol true, but yes it is a complete reboot for Fantastic Four. New cast and all.

I just wish somehow we could get all the characters from all the different studios together somehow... but that's just a dream at this point. That'll never happen, at least not for a very long time.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
hattrick wrote:

lol true, but yes it is a complete reboot for Fantastic Four. New cast and all.

I just wish somehow we could get all the characters from all the different studios together somehow... but that's just a dream at this point. That'll never happen, at least not for a very long time.

I agree. If they were ever able to pull off the recent AvX comics, that would be incredible!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I do love the X-Men movies actually. The only comic book series that I enjoy on the big screen. I didn't know there was a new one this year and next year. I'll have to check those out.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I really needed to get a break from the stresses of life, so I decided to go watch a movie. I ended up seeing The Wolverine. I went in thinking it'd be a decent movie, and I came out pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed it. It was a solid film IMO. It continues the story and is chronologically the last in the timeline of X-Men movies so far. Some pretty intense moments and lots of great action too. The mid-credits scene was a nice setup for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is coming next year. Looking forward to it!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]