Wind Waker WiiU

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U
Depending on price and timing will depend if I get this game. At the moment, I'm thinking not.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Never played Wind Waker, so this is perfect. Heard a lot of good things about this and I know that if I'm ever stuck (which with Zelda games I frequently am), then I have Miiverse to help now. So I'll be picking this up, looking forward to it!

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

You shouldn't get stuck in Wind Waker. It's one of the easiest Zelda games out there. I know I'll be getting this. It looks amazing.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Weave wrote:
You shouldn't get stuck in Wind Waker. It's one of the easiest Zelda games out there. I know I'll be getting this. It looks amazing.

One of the driving forces why this one is at the bottom of my Zelda lists. Also the sea traveling. I don't think I died once when I played it, which in all Zelda games I usually do at some point.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
Weave wrote:

One of the driving forces why this one is at the bottom of my Zelda lists. Also the sea traveling. I don't think I died once when I played it, which in all Zelda games I usually do at some point.

I do hope they change something with the sea traveling. It was fun, but sometimes it got old having to travel so much and so long...

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Huh, I would expect a lot of you to have Wind Waker pretty high on their lists of favorite Zelda games. As far as the sea travel goes I hated it at first but after playing it as much as I have it's really become a minor complaint with me. My biggest issue with the game is the Triforce Quest at the end. I felt like that part could have been streamlined a little more. Maybe put in a few more dungeons and dropped that whole portion of the game. Sort of off topic here but while were talking about Zelda I might as well put in order which ones I like from best to worst just to stir up a little argument.

Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
Adventure of Link
Skyward Sword
Four Sword Adventures
Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda
Four Swords
Spirit Tracks

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I find it funny that people threw a HUGE fit when the art style of Wind Waker was first announced/shown. And then, it is now referred to as one of the best Zelda games, and the art style is praised. (Yes, I'm sure you can explain why this might happen, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I still find it funny.)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Weave wrote:
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
Adventure of Link
Skyward Sword
Four Sword Adventures
Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda
Four Swords
Spirit Tracks

I think I listed it somewhere else, but here is again:
Zelda II AoL
Legend of Zelda
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening
Twilight Princess
Majora's Mask
Phantom Hourglass
A Link to the Past
Wind Waker
Four Sword Adventures
Spirit Tracks

No opinion, haven't played:
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Haven't finished:
Four Swords (3DS version)

I guess we both agree Spirit Tracks was horrible.

I really love the RPG elements of AoL and I loved the temple designs. It was a perfect difficulty (for me) and lots of fond memories. I love replaying it. Same with the original. I love the out of order dungeons in that one.

Despite the motion controls, I liked skyward sword, nice change of pace. Wind Waker/Spirit tracks took away riding on horseback, also both of them are the easiest Zelda games.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Yeah Spirit Tracks was abysmal. Most the time a bad Zelda game is still, overall, a decent game. Four Swords Adventures is a good example. Not a traditional Zelda game and not as good as a lot of the others but it's still a fun and decent game. Spirit Tracks on the other hand just dropped the ball.

Also I noticed that in these screen shots Link has brown sleeves. In the original Wind Waker he had green sleeves. Looks like they decided to make him look more traditional in that sense.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
The remake has to be better than the first game, and the remake has to be better. I am for sure going to get this game on release date!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile YIM
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Wow nintendo is really giving fans some service for a change. A zelda title to hold fans until another Zelda title? That is crazy cool. Now I hope they price Wind Waker at a decent/acceptable 39.99.

49 or 59 would just be ridiculous.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Wow nintendo is really giving fans some service for a change. A zelda title to hold fans until another Zelda title? That is crazy cool. Now I hope they price Wind Waker at a decent/acceptable 39.99.

Considering they did OOT 3D at full price, I see this one going for full 59.99. I definitely agree with you on this Batman. It'd have to be closer to $30 for me to consider it. Since I'm not itching to replay this one, I won't be paying full price for it. If I can get it half off or something (Toys R Us constantly does by 1 get one 40-50% off), then perhaps. But as it stands, I have less than 10% interest to get this on day one.

Edit: On my list above, right around the TP/MM point is where I'd be interested in a remake costing about full price. The ones below I would consider for a discounted and not day 1 purchase.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Considering they did OOT 3D at full price, I see this one going for full 59.99. I definitely agree with you on this Batman. It'd have to be closer to $30 for me to consider it. Since I'm not itching to replay this one, I won't be paying full price for it. If I can get it half off or something (Toys R Us constantly does by 1 get one 40-50% off), then perhaps. But as it stands, I have less than 10% interest to get this on day one.

Edit: On my list above, right around the TP/MM point is where I'd be interested in a remake costing about full price. The ones below I would consider for a discounted and not day 1 purchase.

Maybe they will do a special deal for a short time, or maybe an eShop discount...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Considering they did OOT 3D at full price, I see this one going for full 59.99.

Yeah, that's what scares me. But I don't know.....I feel very optimistic about this one that they'll choose an honest price...hopefully.

Make a good low price then announce it early on since this is coming out towards th end of the year, people will put it on their wish list and for Christmas. Man, I should work for Nintendo. :shock:

hattrick wrote:
Maybe they will do a special deal for a short time, or maybe an eShop discount...

You never know. Look at what their doing with the 30th Anni Famicon titles. An old school NES game every month for only $0.30? Heck of a bargain! That's the kind of aggressive pricing they need to do to move fans to spend El Dinero(money). Nintendo made a lot of good annoucements and good moves with this Nintendo Direct. They're really in a good position right now. :dslite:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:01 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:

You never know. Look at what their doing with the 30th Anni Famicon titles. An old school NES game every month for only $0.30? Heck of a bargain! That's the kind of aggressive pricing they need to do to move fans to spend El Dinero(money). Nintendo made a lot of good annoucements and good moves with this Nintendo Direct. They're really in a good position right now. :dslite:

Loving that deal. I wouldn't have (/will) bought Balloon Fight and a few others. But 30 cents, why not. I confirmed that it only added 3 points on the Deluxe Digital Promo :(. Since they are all 30 cents I'll be getting all of them. I wish they'd do that for other titles as well, but at least for me the majority will be $1 or 1.50. I way overspent on Wii, and willing to get 90% of that collection on the Wii U menu. There are some regrets, and those I won't bother upgrading.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]