It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Pokemon X/Y (6th Gen) Discussion 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Pokemon X/Y (6th Gen) Discussion
Good news... Pokemon X and Y are officially OUT RIGHT NOW!

Bad news... I'm in San Antonio on a business trip and my hotel Wi-Fi is being very annoying, so I am unable to download Pokemon X. So I am officially out of luck until tomorrow (Sunday). I'm hoping somehow I can download it at the airport or something so I can play it on the flight back home. Otherwise, it'll have to wait until Sunday evening.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Moblin

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
I have had both X & Y since early Saturday morning around 12:31 am. XD I have to say that I LOVE the way the Pokedex looks & works in this version compared to the other Pokedex's I've had to 'deal with' in the past. I also REALLY like the wifi features & being able to see when your friends are on is another great addition to the game as well as a voice chat feature! Which I LOVE! <3 Any who I have my first two badges in X and am in the middle of an evee hunt for eveelution purposes. >:3 So; I'm diving back in to look for one to catch. ^^V

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Wonder Trade is glorious, I love sitting there choosing one pokemon and just keep trading and retraading back to get more pokedex entries and see what people are putting up. Im still at gym one but someone had a lvl 45 chesnaught on it and I got that, not going to use but Ill probably put it back up on that Wonder Trade.

Current team, is skitty, zigzagoon, azurill, eevee, fennikin, and pansear.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Got 6 badges and am on my way to the 7th gym. I'm really enjoying the simplicity of the story in these games. Pokemon for me has always been about filling in the Pokedex.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:30 pm
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
COMPLETED! Now to get that Pikachu to level 100.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Wonder Trade is glorious, I love sitting there choosing one pokemon and just keep trading and retraading back to get more pokedex entries and see what people are putting up. Im still at gym one but someone had a lvl 45 chesnaught on it and I got that, not going to use but Ill probably put it back up on that Wonder Trade.

Current team, is skitty, zigzagoon, azurill, eevee, fennikin, and pansear.

Yea, Wonder Trade is great. I've been doing that too a bit just to see what others put up. I only beat the first gym so I can't really trade anything too crazy but I plan on eventually putting up better stuff for people.

So, I finally was able to download the game yesterday and have been playing it since. It's so much fun! The new 3D overworld is amazing and it really feels like a whole new game because of it. Very cool stuff. The stereoscopic 3D effect would have been nice to have more of, but when it is used... it's really nothing special. I found myself just turning it off most of the time. There are also so many Pokemon to catch and I eventually gave up trying to catch certain ones cause it was taking forever. I'll go back one day and try to find them maybe. I can't wait to continue playing further and be surprised at some of the new Pokemon. That'll be fun. Right now I'm just trying to not get overwhelmed at the first city because it's so big.

My team right now is Chespin, Combusken, Squirtle, Pikachu, Fletchling, and Spewpa. I plan on keeping Chespin, Combusken, and Squirtle through the main story and evolving them of course. I will want some sort of flying type, so for now I have Fletchling but I may switch it if I find something better. Pikachu is a nice electric type for now, but again I may switch that. And not sure what else I want for my sixth slot yet so I just left Spewpa there just because.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Kremling

NNID: noahdp
Just wondering has anyone gotten anything really good in wonder trade? I have gotten a Magnezone level 49, a Chessnaught level 80, and a squiritle.
And somehow my cousin did a wonder trade a quickly got a level 91 Greninja.....

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am
5000+ Club

I got the pokemon Ive always wanted via it (well just pokemon way earlier than we would come across them in the game). Growlithes, and etc. Got all the starters from it though...

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Pretty much have caught all the Gen VI Pokemon. Kind of disappointing at how there weren't that many in the first place. Also the lack of original Legendaries was disappointing. I'm just waiting for Pokemon Bank now so I can transport all my Pokemon I've caught in the past three generations to Gen VI.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Weave wrote:
Pretty much have caught all the Gen VI Pokemon. Kind of disappointing at how there weren't that many in the first place. Also the lack of original Legendaries was disappointing. I'm just waiting for Pokemon Bank now so I can transport all my Pokemon I've caught in the past three generations to Gen VI.

Well we know there are more Legendaries in the game, but their information is hidden since the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. Also, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but all I want to know is a yes/no answer to this question... is there a new Legendary trio? Every gen has one, so I'm just curious if there is this time around. If there is, I have completely avoided spoilers for them and I'd like to keep it that way and be surprised. But with how everyone keeps saying there's less new Pokemon and Legendaries too, I'm worried they took away the traditional trio they have every gen.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

There is a trio on X/Y. It should be pretty obvious as two of them are on the box art.
Spoiler: show
Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde
. Other than that the only legendaries that appear are Mewtwo and one of the legendary birds from Gen I depending on the starter you choose. I was hoping they would throw in some event only Pokemon from Gen IV and V that I wasn't able to get like Darkrai and Genosect.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I meant separate from the box art Legendaries. Every gen has them...

Gen I: Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
Gen II: Entei/Raikou/Suicune
Gen III: Regirock/Regice/Registell
Gen IV: Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Gen V: Tornadus/Landorus/Thundurus

They usually are found separately in the game or sometimes roaming around in the wild. And they are separate from the box art Legendaries. It's tradition to have this type of trio in the game. So is there one for X and Y?

And by the way, I was already spoiled on some of what you said but if I didn't know that already, I may be annoyed. Other people may not know what you posted also.
Spoiler: show
I'm referring to Mewtwo being in the game later and also being able to get one of Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno.
Might want to spoiler tag that.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Fire Flower

Just finished the last gym earlier today. I'm pretty underwhelmed with this game so far. It just isn't as entertaining as yellow and silver were to me. Perhaps thats because I was a youngin' when I played them. I do like being able to catch pokemon that I'm familiar with though. I keep running into a ton of newer pokemon and I never know if they are rare or not, so I don't know whether or not I should be catching them or not!

Also,
Is anyone having frame rate issues during some battles? Occasionally it will get pretty bad while I'm selecting my options for the next turn. Perhaps it is just the 2DS?

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
jacob wrote:
Just finished the last gym earlier today. I'm pretty underwhelmed with this game so far. It just isn't as entertaining as yellow and silver were to me. Perhaps thats because I was a youngin' when I played them. I do like being able to catch pokemon that I'm familiar with though. I keep running into a ton of newer pokemon and I never know if they are rare or not, so I don't know whether or not I should be catching them or not!

Also,
Is anyone having frame rate issues during some battles? Occasionally it will get pretty bad while I'm selecting my options for the next turn. Perhaps it is just the 2DS?

On a 2DS? That's interesting. I know that the framerate is pretty horrible when it's in 3D which is why I rarely play this game in 3D. But since a 2DS isn't 3D, I wouldn't think it would be an issue. Then again, I never really notice slight framerate issues unless it's like really bad like if you played this game in 3D.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Fire Flower

DarkWish wrote:
On a 2DS? That's interesting. I know that the framerate is pretty horrible when it's in 3D which is why I rarely play this game in 3D. But since a 2DS isn't 3D, I wouldn't think it would be an issue. Then again, I never really notice slight framerate issues unless it's like really bad like if you played this game in 3D.

Yep. It doesn't happen for every battle, but it I can see it drop from 20+ FPS to below 10FPS occasionally. It generally happens in an outdoor area. I haven't noticed it when I'm in a cave or anything like that.

I'm picking up a 3DS XL tomorrow and will compare the two to see if it's still an issue.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:29 am
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

I've still yet to get very far in this game, but I loved the pokemon selection early in the game.

I have 2 badges and here's my team:

Braixen
Snorlax
Pidgeotto
Gardevoir
Wartortle
Lucario

All level 31

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4