It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pokemon X/Y (6th Gen) Discussion 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Pokemon X/Y (6th Gen) Discussion
You got your wish, Trist. New info coming on the "Pokemon Smash" show in Japan next weekend, so we're a little over a week away from that. However, CoroCoro magazine might possibly have that info first and it comes out this Wednesday. CoroCoro usually leaks a few days before. So... in the next few days, we should have some new info, but next weekend at the very latest.

Fri May 10, 2013 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
CoroCoro has leaked... and we have four new Pokemon! Check them out:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

We only have Japanese names at the moment of course. The goat Pokemon on the right is Gogoat and you can actually ride it in the field! It's a grass type. The bird is Yayakoma and it's Normal/Flying type. The panda is Yamchamu and is Fighting type. The lizard's name is unknown. We also see the new Pokedex in the scan.

Interesting stuff! I like the new Pokemon as well. Seems they still haven't revealed Sylveon's type yet so that remains a mystery. If anything else of note is mentioned in CoroCoro, I'll post it.

Sat May 11, 2013 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have official English names and more info!

Helioptile:

Fletchling:

Pancham:

Gogoat:

Quote:
THE KALOS REGION AND MORE NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN POKÉMON FROM POKÉMON X AND POKÉMON Y INTRODUCED

Four Brand-New Pokémon, the New Region, and Official Package Art Revealed for the First Time

BELLEVUE, Wash.—May 14, 2013—When Pokémon fans begin their thrilling 3D adventure in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y this October, they will be transported into an entirely new region called Kalos. A mysterious place that is shaped like a star, Kalos is a region where players will encounter beautiful forests, thriving cities, and many never-before-seen Pokémon. The central city of this breathtaking region is Lumiose City, a metropolis featuring a tower that is set to become an iconic structure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

While exploring the Kalos region, Trainers will encounter many new Pokémon that they can battle, catch, and add to their Pokédex. A Trainer is only as good as the Pokémon he or she befriends. Seven new Pokémon debuting in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were introduced earlier this year—and today, four additional Pokémon are being revealed for the first time. These Pokémon add to the more than 640 Pokémon that have been encountered in previous games.

• The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile's HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.

• Fletchling, a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time.

• With a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, Fighting-type Pokémon Pancham shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brand-new move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent’s Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokémon in a Trainer’s party during battle.

• Pokémon X and Pokémon Y introduce a new method of transportation—riding the brand-new Pokémon, Gogoat. This large Grass-type Pokémon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.

These brand-new Pokémon and others caught in the Kalos region will be added to a player’s Pokédex that, for the first time, will be divided into three unique areas within the region. There is much to explore in the Kalos region, and many Pokémon to encounter when Pokémon X and Pokémon Y debut worldwide this October. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months!

For more information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, including an official map of the Kalos region and Pokémon art, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y package shots, and a special video featuring Helioptile, Fletchling, Pancham, and Gogoat, please visit Pokemon.com.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokémon on Twitter @Pokemon to ensure you’re receiving the latest Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news!

New gameplay trailer:

Box art:

Also, I waited to post this until we got confirmation, but we now do. PokeBeach had a supposed insider contact them with information back in February, but he held off on posting it until he had some idea if it was real or not. He recently posted it, and here is what the insider said:
Quote:
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor's English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

He also posted the English names of those four new Pokemon the other day and they all match up exactly to what was officially revealed except his source said "Panchum" when it's actually "Pancham", but also said the source was saying it from memory. So what this means is the above information from the insider is very likely real. Lots of very interesting news! New Fairy type, another new forme for Mewtwo, and much more. PokeBeach says they have more info and are holding off on posting it, but may release bits here and there.

So yea... what do you think of all this news? New English names, gameplay trailer, box art, character customization, being able to move around freely (not restricted to four directions), new Fairy type, and lots more... what are your thoughts?

Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Goomba

3DS Friend Code:
3866-8303-0016
i started with 3rd generation but my fav is 4th generation. i really am looking foward to this game though.

Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm
5000+ Club

Fletchling is so kawaii, want. I dont think Id ever evolve it!

Fri May 17, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So without getting into the many details surrounding the drama for PokeBeach's supposed insider source... I'll say that my opinion is that it's very likely real. Here are the last new details from that source:

Spoiler: show
- Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
- A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
- A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
- Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
- Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
- Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
- HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
- Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
- A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
- Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
- If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.
- In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

Some of that sounds so odd lol. But overall, I'm really excited for the game. We may get new information on Pokemon Smash later today, or they may just rehash what CoroCoro said. We'll have to wait and see.

Sat May 18, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Quote:
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

Cool.

This looks pretty interesting, and I will probably purchase the game. But, I can't help but feel that with every new generation, the new Pokemon look more and more... generic. The first 151 were inspired, as were some of the 2nd generation batch, but the newer ones just aren't as interesting.

I suppose I could just be getting old. Now, where did I put my teeth last night?

Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
Hey guys I'm back and I am happy to hear about the released pokemon like the panda, goat, bird, and weird lizard or newt actually published :pika: :pika: :pika:

Sat May 25, 2013 1:18 am
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
SirVenom wrote:
I can't help but feel that with every new generation, the new Pokemon look more and more... generic. The first 151 were inspired, as were some of the 2nd generation batch, but the newer ones just aren't as interesting.

I suppose I could just be getting old. Now, where did I put my teeth last night?

I find that Pokemon designs have ALWAYS been rather hit-and-miss for me. I find Fletchling a far more interesting design than Pidgey ever was, and I can appreciate Garbodor and Vanilluxe ironically (because everyone hates me when I say that an oozing bag of trash is the best Pokemon ever).

I heard/read/listened to podcasts where people seemed to think that Gogoat would only be rideable in specific towns/cities. Not sure if it's true, and I don't think we have enough information to know for sure at this point. I hope that's not the case, because I want to look goofy everywhere I go!

Because the Pokemon are already rendered in 3D, I would hope that we'd be able to let them follow us around in this game! *crosses fingers* It's the number-one reason I love HeartGold and SoulSilver. As well, watching videos and looking at screens where characters are navigating the 3D world makes it feel an awful lot like an MMORPG in my mind, and I can't quite explain why. What I CAN say is that although I'll miss sprites a lot, the game looks good enough for it to be a justifiable trade-off. Can't wait! Day-one purchase for sure.

Wed May 29, 2013 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Oreanta wrote:
SirVenom wrote:
I can't help but feel that with every new generation, the new Pokemon look more and more... generic. The first 151 were inspired, as were some of the 2nd generation batch, but the newer ones just aren't as interesting.

I find that Pokemon designs have ALWAYS been rather hit-and-miss for me. I find Fletchling a far more interesting design than Pidgey ever was, and I can appreciate Garbodor and Vanilluxe ironically (because everyone hates me when I say that an oozing bag of trash is the best Pokemon ever).

I heard/read/listened to podcasts where people seemed to think that Gogoat would only be rideable in specific towns/cities. Not sure if it's true, and I don't think we have enough information to know for sure at this point. I hope that's not the case, because I want to look goofy everywhere I go!

Because the Pokemon are already rendered in 3D, I would hope that we'd be able to let them follow us around in this game! *crosses fingers* It's the number-one reason I love HeartGold and SoulSilver. As well, watching videos and looking at screens where characters are navigating the 3D world makes it feel an awful lot like an MMORPG in my mind, and I can't quite explain why. What I CAN say is that although I'll miss sprites a lot, the game looks good enough for it to be a justifiable trade-off. Can't wait! Day-one purchase for sure.

Gogoat is only rideable in Lumiose City, that's confirmed.

Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
DarkWish wrote:
Gogoat is only rideable in Lumiose City, that's confirmed.

Whoops, my bad! Still excited to try it out, though. As soon as I saw the video my first thought was "Woah, maybe I'll be able to ride OTHER pokemon, too!". Oh well :(

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So... Fairy Type CONFIRMED! Here are all the new details we got...

- Games will be available on eShop
- Worldwide release on October 12th
- StreetPass and SpotPass functionality
- Fairy types include Sylveon (Fairy), Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), and Marill (Water/Fairy)
- Fairy is super effective against Dragon type
- New feature called Pokemon-Amie that lets you bond with your Pokemon by petting them, feeding them, and other stuff
- Male player is named Xavier
- New way to encounter wild Pokemon? Some text said "Whoa! The Heloptile you stepped on attacked!"

Also, new Pokemon...

Noivern (Flying/Dragon type):

Vivillon (Bug/Flying type):

Vivillon evolves from a Pokemon named Spewpa.

Gameplay trailer here: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon/

I'm sure we'll get lots more info from the Developer Roundtable tonight. Can't wait!

UPDATE: More new Pokemon! PokeBeach has the details from a new trailer at E3: http://pokebeach.com/#live-from-e3-more ... -character

There's this seahorse Pokemon, which used a Poison type attack:

This bird that might be a Fletchling evolution:

And this blue crustacean thing that used a Water type attack:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Hoards should be interesting. Five wild pokemon at once.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More new Pokemon! Here's the latest...

News from the Developer Roundtable: http://pokebeach.com/#coverage-of-the-x ... able-event
Other details from Developer Roundtable: http://pokebeach.com/#more-new-expanded ... conference
CoroCoro leaks: http://pokebeach.com/#more-new-expanded ... conference

So to compile all of the new Pokemon that we know, here's a list (includes Pokemon from the leak from PokeBeach) and I put names in bold as English names and others are Japanese names...
Fennekin (Fire type starter)
*Fennekin's stage 1 evolution*
*Fennekin's stage 2 evolution* (Fire/Psychic type)
Chespin (Grass type starter)
*Chespin's stage 1 evolution*
*Chespin's stage 2 evolution* (Grass/Dark type)
Froakie (Water type starter)
*Froakie's stage 1 evolution*
*Froakie's stage 2 evolution* (Water/Fighting type)
Xerneas (Legendary on Pokemon X cover, unknown type)
Yveltal (Legendary on Pokemon Y cover, unknown type)
Sylveon (Fairy type Eevee evolution)
Helioptile (Electric/Normal type lizard thing)
Pancham (Fighting type panda)
Pangoro (Fighting/Dark type, evolves from Pancham)
Gogoat (Grass type goat)
Fletchling (Normal/Flying type bird)
*Fletchling's stage 1 evolution*
Talonflame (Fire/Flying type, Fletchling's stage 2 evolution)
Scatterbug (Bug type)
Spewpa (Bug type, evolves from Scatterbug)
Vivillon (Bug/Flying type butterfly/moth, evolves from Spewpa)
Clauncher (Water type blue lobster
Skrelp (Poison/Water type seahorse)
Noivern (Flying/Dragon type bat-like thing)
Flabébé (Fairy type flower)
Litleo (Fire/Normal type lion cub)
Inkay
Malimar (Dark/Psychic type, evolves from Inkay if you turn 3DS upside-down when it levels up)
Espurr (Psychic type)
Meowstick (evolves from Espurr)

Oh, and the new Mewtwo forme (with the highly likely other new Mewtwo forme that hasn't been revealed yet).

Last edited by DarkWish on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

The introduction of the Fairy Type is kind of baffling and personally, as a dragon trainer, kind of offensive that they are specifically targeting me and trying to alter the way I play Pokemon by adding this back door and late in the game type of alteration of the classic types of some old and new Pokemon. It just doesn't make sense as there were other ways to add balance to a game that didn't really need anymore balancing.

In any event, the developer table was intriguing but kind of odd. Not embracing multiple save files or even letting us save in the cloud feels like a huge step backwards or rather a step that keeps Pokemon still feeling kind of behind the times in regards to the current ecosystem of games on the market. If they can easily waste all that space for seven languages then multiple save files ought not be a problem. But why seven languages on a cart, couldnt they have rather used that space to finally enhance the presentation of Pokemon? You know they could have easily added voiced acting and anime cutscenes to the franchise to really make it much more immersive then it really is and enhanced the challenge of wild Pokemon and other trainers by giving better AI or having their Pokemon and stats scale in regards to the level of the player. A waste of resources the languages are.

Horde battle sounded compelling why Sky Battles seemed extremely limiting. I wish Pokemon would take attempts to stop trying to force all these limitations on us for how we play such a cherished game. Why can't we start conservative and traditional but just increase the number of Pokemon we face, instead of imposing restrictions to dampen and decrease the fun and variety of Pokemon we can use. It doesn't make much sense.

DLC was a good idea if they can enable us to freely buy Master Balls and Rare Candies for a few cents or dollars as it would really streamline the experience. They could also offer DLC exclusive Pokemon as well I think and even Pokemon across the generations. I would love to buy an Eevee or so to use at the start of the game instead of the starters given, etc.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
The introduction of the Fairy Type is kind of baffling and personally, as a dragon trainer, kind of offensive that they are specifically targeting me and trying to alter the way I play Pokemon by adding this back door and late in the game type of alteration of the classic types of some old and new Pokemon. It just doesn't make sense as there were other ways to add balance to a game that didn't really need anymore balancing.

In any event, the developer table was intriguing but kind of odd. Not embracing multiple save files or even letting us save in the cloud feels like a huge step backwards or rather a step that keeps Pokemon still feeling kind of behind the times in regards to the current ecosystem of games on the market. If they can easily waste all that space for seven languages then multiple save files ought not be a problem. But why seven languages on a cart, couldnt they have rather used that space to finally enhance the presentation of Pokemon? You know they could have easily added voiced acting and anime cutscenes to the franchise to really make it much more immersive then it really is and enhanced the challenge of wild Pokemon and other trainers by giving better AI or having their Pokemon and stats scale in regards to the level of the player. A waste of resources the languages are.

Horde battle sounded compelling why Sky Battles seemed extremely limiting. I wish Pokemon would take attempts to stop trying to force all these limitations on us for how we play such a cherished game. Why can't we start conservative and traditional but just increase the number of Pokemon we face, instead of imposing restrictions to dampen and decrease the fun and variety of Pokemon we can use. It doesn't make much sense.

DLC was a good idea if they can enable us to freely buy Master Balls and Rare Candies for a few cents or dollars as it would really streamline the experience. They could also offer DLC exclusive Pokemon as well I think and even Pokemon across the generations. I would love to buy an Eevee or so to use at the start of the game instead of the starters given, etc.

THANK GOD nobody developing the game thinks anything like you. Paid DLC for Pokemon? Hell no.

On another note, we have more English names. Full details here: http://pokebeach.com/#another-xy-traile ... characters. I'll update my previous post with the names.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

^like^

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More new Pokemon! Pangoro, Inkay, Malimar, Swirlix, Spritzee, and Honedge: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/.

If some of those names sound familiar, that's because they're from the PokeBeach leak, which once again proves it's validity.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Im glad for this thread, only way Im able to be up to date on pkmn, well apart from the occasional image retweeted sometimes.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
Mega Evolutions! What do you guys think?!

Personally, I'm quite excited about them. Not so much for the mega evolutions of pokemon like Blaziken and Lucario, which people are using a lot already, but more for the mega evolutions of Absol and Kangaskhan, which are Pokemon that I always found pretty cool but never had any desire to use in battle.

I feel like it'll give some of the more overlooked Pokemon a slight edge in battle (and a few of the popular ones, too, I guess). Perhaps we'll see a mega evolution of Dunsparce where he just gets insanely powerful and can destroy everything in sight.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Octorok

NNID: queenzelda
3DS Friend Code:
2750-1204-9758
No I do not like the idea of Mega evolution; it just reminds me too much of Digimon where the smaller Digimon evolves into it's bigger self & then reverts back to it's former self when it runs out of energy. I like it when a Pokemon evolves & STAYS that way personally. <.<;

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Mega formes are atrocious, whats the point of battle only exclusivity. Would have been good for permanent changes. May not ever use.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I think it's neat. Gives an extra bit of fun and a twist added to the game for some of the older Pokemon, without taking up slots for new Pokemon. I never really liked pre-evolutions of Pokemon for example because they meant less newer Pokemon and often were not as cool. But these are pretty cool looking and it's another fresh, new thing for the series. I think the series really needs these changes, it's getting me excited for the games.

I wonder what other Mega Evolutions we'll get!

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Can we get a Mega Evolution of Farfetch'd?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:20 pm
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
Mega Ditto. I'd finally have a reason to use it for something other than breeding!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next