It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Alright my games (Rubs hands together ever so cleverly) 
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Alright my games (Rubs hands together ever so cleverly)
:evil: My games and systems and electronics in general.

Consoles and electronics:
Red Nintendo Wii Limited edition that came with NSMB Wii.
Daughter's Pink 3DS
One really broken Sony PSP my bro in law gave me, I use it to mess around with hacks and stuff.
Gamecube thats in the closet, NEs, SNES are in there too.
PS2 in the closet somewhere.
iPhone 4S Black, iPhone 4S white(wife's)
mid 2010 iMac 27" with 2.93 i7 and 1Gb Video Ram, 4Gb Memory, 1 TB hard drive(I love my mac)
46" Sony Bravia LED Smart 3D TV

SNES games:
Killer Instinct(this game freakin ruled back in the day!)
SMW, broken, my little brother broke it 2 years ago, the chip board inside still works but it got loose inside so I can't play it.

NES games:
SMB1
The Guardian Legend(One of my most favorite games of all time, please ask me about it, it's that good!)
D.i.c.k Tracy
Captain Skyhawk
TMNT 2: Arcade
Excitebike
Can't think of any others now.......

Wii games:
NSMB Wii
Wii Sports

3DS Games:
LoZ: OoT 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mariokart 7
Nintendogs + Cats
Excitebike remake

DS games:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby's Mass Attack.(freakin fantastic game, kirby is always the man)
Super Mario 64 DS

Can't think of anymore right now, Soon I will though.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:29 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Alright my games (Rubs hands together ever so cleverly)
batmanjokergorden wrote:
:evil: My games and systems and electronics in general.

Consoles and electronics:
Red Nintendo Wii Limited edition that came with NSMB Wii.
Daughter's Pink 3DS
One really broken Sony PSP my bro in law gave me, I use it to mess around with hacks and stuff.
Gamecube thats in the closet, NEs, SNES are in there too.
PS2 in the closet somewhere.
iPhone 4S Black, iPhone 4S white(wife's)
mid 2010 iMac 27" with 2.93 i7 and 1Gb Video Ram, 4Gb Memory, 1 TB hard drive(I love my mac)
46" Sony Bravia LED Smart 3D TV

SNES games:
Killer Instinct(this game freakin ruled back in the day!)
SMW, broken, my little brother broke it 2 years ago, the chip board inside still works but it got loose inside so I can't play it.

NES games:
SMB1
The Guardian Legend(One of my most favorite games of all time, please ask me about it, it's that good!)
D.i.c.k Tracy
Captain Skyhawk
TMNT 2: Arcade
Excitebike
Can't think of any others now.......

Wii games:
NSMB Wii
Wii Sports

3DS Games:
LoZ: OoT 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mariokart 7
Nintendogs + Cats
Excitebike remake

DS games:
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby's Mass Attack.(freakin fantastic game, kirby is always the man)
Super Mario 64 DS

Can't think of anymore right now, Soon I will though.

Yes, Killer Instinct did rule back in the day! My older brother hated playing me because I used to play the werewolf character and I would back him into a corner and combo him to death :lol: - He said it wasn't fair because I was a 'button-masher' and didn't even know how to perform actual moves. The truth is, I didn't know the correct button combinations by memory, but I was able to see on screen and feel the buttons and my memory sorted it out. I wasn't great at the game, but I could hold my own for a few.

Okay, I'll bite - What is the The Guardian Legend?

You have some cool games, do you have much time to play them with having an 8 year old?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 am
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Attachment:
220px-TGL_Box.jpg

American boxart really had nothing to do with how the game looked, something like the first mega man box art. Box art was much better for the japanese and European releases. I LOVE the art of the Japanese box, I wish I could a get a poster size of the cover, it's epic.

Copy and pasted from wikipedia, I get lazy. :???:

[In The Guardian Legend, the player controls the female guardian of Earth, a "highly sophisticated aerobot transformer". The player's mission is to infiltrate Naju, a large planet-like object which aliens sent hurtling towards the Earth. While inside, the player must activate ten safety devices in order to initialize Naju's self-destruct mechanism and destroy the alien world before it reaches Earth. Five hostile tribes of alien lifeforms are vie for control of territories within Naju, and the player needs to fight through them to successfully activate the switches and escape. The story is advanced through a series of messages left by one or more unidentified predecessor(s) who unsuccessfully attempted to engage the self-destruct mechanism of Naju before the Guardian arrived. Left by the sole remaining survivor of the attack on Naju, the first message serves as an introduction; later messages give hints that help the player open locked corridors.]

One of the greatest games I have ever played.........When we got our Nintendo back in 89, we got a handful of game sot come with it. I remember for the next few years I was constantly trying to defeat this game. I never could, my experience level was still real low. I didn't end up beating it till around the early 2000's, thats when I dusted the old NES out of the closet.

This game I hold close to my heart for some reason. It had one of the simplest stories ever, but it was a great story, never really heard of at the time, well for me anyways.

Me being such a young age, I still really was intrigued by the story.

Imagine a lone wolf called a "Guardian", who was half female, half transformer, who had to rush to this giant monster infested planet that was on a crash course for Earth, who had to stop it from colliding with the earth. By activating 10 self destruct mechanisms on the planet. Past lifeforms had tried to accomplish this but failed and left little notes/evidence behind for the lifeform that could stop this from destroying another planet.

I was blown away. Mario was really fun, but this was really epic!

Another favorite thing about this game was the power ups. You gained more health and became stronger and more powerful with the power ups, something like Metroid, but Metroid you had to find them more often than them just show up for you. There is alot of exploration in this game, and while I would have to agree that it is a non-linear game, you always know exactly where you are, so its linear and non-linear at the same time if that makes sense.....

The "main" world was played sort of in a Zelda fashion where you would walk between "rooms" or "screens". I really liked how every section would have a different look and feel and different music.

The "inner" was accessed by maneuvering through the main sections then coming to a room where there was a "warp zone". When you would get to these warp points you would have to figure out how to open the door through a simple puzzle, then the hard core action started! You would be warped to what I am assuming is the "innards" of the planet to reach a boss. Those sections you play like a top down shooter, something like Galaga, but much more fast paced like 1942 or something like that.

Transforming from half female/half machine to a full on jet ship is freakin awesome! I still don't get tired of the transformations even being that it was NES graphics. :???:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm
Waddle Dee

3DS Friend Code:
i see you have mairokart 7 want to race :evil:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
minecrafter47 wrote:
i see you have mairokart 7 want to race :evil:

Ah, I really need to get my own 3DS, I currently share my daughters. So half the time you see me on Mariokart 7, it might possibly be her. But I'll make sure to play a few matches if I am online.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Alright, so I finally decided to watch a gameplay video of the Last Guardian. At first I wasn't too keen on it, but after watching several minutes of footage which I have embedded below, it actually looks like a fun game. The transformations sequence looks really cool too, right after she jumps into the corridor entrance and then turns into the ship.

Thanks for bringing this game to my attention!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
JHardin1112 wrote:
Alright, so I finally decided to watch a gameplay video of the Last Guardian.

You mean the guardian legend? Lol

The last guardian is the new game from team ICO for the ps3. I've been waiting forever for that game!

By the way, that video of whoever is playing is terrible......lol.

Important tip on playin the game is to always find all power ups for your main gun. Now there's three types that will effect your main gun. On the on screen menu at the bottom of the screen when your playing, you see where it says chips. Chips are like what power you up in terms of having enough, they also power your "special" sub weapons and use up chips. You main gun doesn't use chips, BUT if you decide to use a special weapon at the same with your main gun, your main gun will be less powerful.

At first you should always have your chips at maximum to keep your gun fairly powerful. Later on when the bosses get much harder(they sure do) you will end up REALLY needing those special weapons.

Second is finding the "speed" power ups . They make your gun shoot faster, like rounds per minute.

Third is finding the attack strength power ups which will be very scarce actually, they make your gun more powerful per shot.

It's more complicated than it sounds. And those power chips are red colored.

There is another chip, the blue chips, those make your life meter larger. Think Zelda's heart tanks, same deal here, more you find, the bigger your life meter gets.

This is the number one game in my life I would like to see remade. If this was remade in 1080p graphics and surround sound, holy shnikeys it would be awesome.

Last edited by batmanjokergorden on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
batmanjokergorden wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
Alright, so I finally decided to watch a gameplay video of the Last Guardian.

You mean the guardian legend? Lol

The last guardian is the new game from team ICO for the ps3. I've been waiting forever for that game!

Whoops! Ha ha! :lol: Thanks for catching that. Yes, I mean The Guardian Legend!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Bump for editZ. :dslite:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]