It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 1251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next
OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament 
Author Message
Goomba

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 pm
Posts: 37
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
You guys it's just a friendly tournament {;_;}

Also, congrats to everyone moving on and racing well and being awesome and stuff!


Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile
Space Pirate

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:34 am
Posts: 70
3DS Friend Code:
1246-9502-7876
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Can we finish this last set? Only 2 races to go.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile
Space Pirate

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm
Posts: 53
3DS Friend Code:
1375-7552-3113
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Gamer Greg wrote:
bittripfan wrote:
So top 3 in my group are moving on?


Yes due increased size, I really don't want everybody moving back. We need to have people eliminated.

I understand connection problems, but people should try resetting their internet and making sure it's good to go.

Remaining group today, make sure your internet is working, I'm not going to be moving everybody back.


Wait, why exactly did 3 people advance from the first round? I don't really get that.

Here are some reasons that I am strongly opposed to a 10 person finals match. One, that one group will have to start earlier than the other group (giving them a potential point lead). If they don't, then anyone joining the room will join the first group and make it an 8 person race. If you do manage to get two groups of five in the same GP, then if anyone in the group of 5 disconnects there is a chance they will join the other race and it will be 6 and 4 (or 7 and 3, or 8 and 2 at the worst). If that happens the group of 6(/7/8) will earn points way faster than the group of 4(/3/2).

Next, if you decide to create 2 separate communities and split it 5 and 5, that isn't fair for a finals match either. That means someone can win the tournament by having the most points without having EVER raced against people in the other group. Imagine if 1 great player got in a race with 4 okay players, and he took 1st every race with ease for 2 hours. Then the other room with lets say 5 AMAZING players all have really tight races, an would've stomped the 1 guy who is winning in the other group, but because their races are more balanced skill-wise they all have the same (lower) average points.

I really think the finals should be top 8 no matter what, top 10 is a mistake. In the groups where you picked top 3, the 2nd and 3rd place players should race each other for the spot to move on, best of 1 or 2 gps.

Either do that, or take care of 2 rounds in 1 day, e.g. add another round, call this one quarter finals, next week semis and finals the same day. Of top 10, 2 groups of 5, take maybe top 3 for a top 6 finals, or top 4 for a top 8 finals. It just doesn't seem right to have split groups racing for finals. Finals should be everyone racing against one another, so there is no chance for a fluke.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 pm
Profile
Space Pirate

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 53
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Thanks NintendoFuse for hosting this. I had a great time besides getting falsely accused and my hands cramping up. I know everything can't be fair . At least I will get something for being first in my group last week.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Mnemosy wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
bittripfan wrote:
So top 3 in my group are moving on?


Yes due increased size, I really don't want everybody moving back. We need to have people eliminated.

I understand connection problems, but people should try resetting their internet and making sure it's good to go.

Remaining group today, make sure your internet is working, I'm not going to be moving everybody back.


Wait, why exactly did 3 people advance from the first round? I don't really get that.

Here are some reasons that I am strongly opposed to a 10 person finals match. One, that one group will have to start earlier than the other group (giving them a potential point lead). If they don't, then anyone joining the room will join the first group and make it an 8 person race. If you do manage to get two groups of five in the same GP, then if anyone in the group of 5 disconnects there is a chance they will join the other race and it will be 6 and 4 (or 7 and 3, or 8 and 2 at the worst). If that happens the group of 6(/7/8) will earn points way faster than the group of 4(/3/2).

Next, if you decide to create 2 separate communities and split it 5 and 5, that isn't fair for a finals match either. That means someone can win the tournament by having the most points without having EVER raced against people in the other group. Imagine if 1 great player got in a race with 4 okay players, and he took 1st every race with ease for 2 hours. Then the other room with lets say 5 AMAZING players all have really tight races, an would've stomped the 1 guy who is winning in the other group, but because their races are more balanced skill-wise they all have the same (lower) average points.

I really think the finals should be top 8 no matter what, top 10 is a mistake. In the groups where you picked top 3, the 2nd and 3rd place players should race each other for the spot to move on, best of 1 or 2 gps.

Either do that, or take care of 2 rounds in 1 day, e.g. add another round, call this one quarter finals, next week semis and finals the same day. Of top 10, 2 groups of 5, take maybe top 3 for a top 6 finals, or top 4 for a top 8 finals. It just doesn't seem right to have split groups racing for finals. Finals should be everyone racing against one another, so there is no chance for a fluke.


There is no top 3, I'm only taking a suggestions how to make it. Right NOW, it is top 2 from all groups. As you said with more than 8, it makes it a nightmare, and unfair.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:34 am
Posts: 70
3DS Friend Code:
1246-9502-7876
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Phil - 149pts
LK9T9 - 139 pts
Cole - 119 pts

GGs everyone. Shoutouts to Phil getting first. This competition is defenetly crazy...


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 pm
Profile
Space Pirate

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm
Posts: 56
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Hey guys I'm waiting for people to join in this group at 4-6

_________________
Made it to the semi finals of mk7 tournament!


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Round 2 semi-finals:

Philleaz (Phil) - 149 points
Prof3ssor MGW (LK9T9) - 139 points

Remaining (not moving on at this point in time):
Supermariofan99 (Cole) 119 Points
Marioha (Marioha)
Bittripfan (Kenny)
Leterpo (Dserj)
Coolbeans (Arrow)

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
zingzing45 wrote:
Hey guys I'm waiting for people to join in this group at 4-6


The other 6 are in the group, should be able to sync in the next GP I would think. 3 or 4 are in the chat.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm
Posts: 53
3DS Friend Code:
1375-7552-3113
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Gotcha, I hadn't read any of the posts that came after that one while I was writing the post up and taking care of some other things. Well, here are my top 3 thoughts on how it "may" work. If you're going to take any top 3's, let it be from each group, not just one or two. With that we would have 12 races, a 6 on 6 semis taking either top 3 for a top 6 finals, or top 4 for a top 8 finals. I'm fine with this, but to stay in the time we've already allotted for races this would have to mean shrinking the length of the semi finals and finals, essentially breaking it up into a 1 hour semi and 1 hour final.

I'm just saying how I think it could work out, I do not like this idea. It should be how the tournament was already laid out, with only the top 2 in each group advancing. I still don't know exactly what happened that caused a dilemma in the first group, but if someone got 3rd place then tough luck, they got 3rd place and wouldn't have advanced under the original rules.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Profile
Space Pirate

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:34 am
Posts: 70
3DS Friend Code:
1246-9502-7876
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Mnemosy wrote:
Gotcha, I hadn't read any of the posts that came after that one while I was writing the post up and taking care of some other things. Well, here are my top 3 thoughts on how it "may" work. If you're going to take any top 3's, let it be from each group, not just one or two. With that we would have 12 races, a 6 on 6 semis taking either top 3 for a top 6 finals, or top 4 for a top 8 finals. I'm fine with this, but to stay in the time we've already allotted for races this would have to mean shrinking the length of the semi finals and finals, essentially breaking it up into a 1 hour semi and 1 hour final.

I'm just saying how I think it could work out, I do not like this idea. It should be how the tournament was already laid out, with only the top 2 in each group advancing. I still don't know exactly what happened that caused a dilemma in the first group, but if someone got 3rd place then tough luck, they got 3rd place and wouldn't have advanced under the original rules.


Way too late for that (the first idea), my group was told top 3 & then told back to top 2. Doing top 3 for any other group now would be unfair.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
That could work, but like you said its better to leave it how it is, despite the mishaps this morning.

Basically we had 3 people getting constantly disconnected, and didn't play for a like an hour. So GPs were not finishing. The third place score was like 50 points and he was one of the ones having problems. But with those mishaps already, I'm not accepting other transfers, because people have to be eliminated.

Prof3ssor MGW - if it somehow changes to top 3, it would be all 4 communities to keep it fair. Right now, it will not be.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Goomba

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 pm
Posts: 37
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Congrats to Phil and Prof3ssor MGW for moving on to the finals!!!


Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Ebil - 94 points
NintenKing - 62 points
TysonQ7 (Tyson) - 48 points
Noodle-Party (Dana)
TheMissingLink (Calvin)
Dark_Banana (Edward)
ZingZing45 (Austin)

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:34 am
Posts: 70
3DS Friend Code:
1246-9502-7876
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
KirbyIsAwesome wrote:
Congrats to Phil and Prof3ssor MGW for moving on to the finals!!!


Thanks! I'm assuming your in the finals as well?


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Prof3ssor MGW wrote:
KirbyIsAwesome wrote:
Congrats to Phil and Prof3ssor MGW for moving on to the finals!!!


Thanks! I'm assuming your in the finals as well?


He plays tomorrow....

Scores:
Ebil 153 points
NintenKing 72 points

Following are not advancing (at this point in time):
ZingZing45 (Austin) 67 points
TheMissingLink (Calvin)
Dark_Banana (Edward)
Noodle-Party (Dana)
TysonQ7 (Tyson)

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Wrist Strap
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 9
3DS Friend Code:
4854-6436-0663
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Well, I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks for the great time guys! :dslite:


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:24 pm
Profile
Fire Flower
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm
Posts: 18
3DS Friend Code:
3093-7119-3693
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
TysonQ7 wrote:
Well, I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks for the great time guys! :dslite:

Good to hear. It was fun racing with you.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:29 pm
Profile
Wrist Strap

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
KirbyIsAwesome wrote:
Congrats to Phil and Prof3ssor MGW for moving on to the finals!!!


thanks dude. im hoping to see you on grand finals :D


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:39 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Wow what a story today...

Alright for today, we have Titiumshiftum, Funkman 64, philleaz, Prof3ssor MGW, Ebil and NintenKing as 6 of our 8 finalists.

I know there were lockouts, disconnections and the sort. It really helped if you were in the chat for your time slot. Some groups were able to merge, others not so much. We had one accidental picking of Daisy Cruiser, but it was not played, and the user didn't qualify to get a DQ.

The 3rd place finishers:
Mavrick593 ($EAN)
Supermariofan99 (Cole)
ZingZing45 (Austin)

We also had one scratch. Apologies to Luigitime for his 3DS was stolen.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2589
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
Another random note, somehow a Japanese dude attempted to join group 3 today (4-6), but thankfully contestants exited out when he attempted to start, and he eventually left.

So if that's any indication, it's best to have your friend's list off while playing tomorrow, and especially next Saturday.

Also, for the 6 of you that made it, we also need to agree on ONE timeslot. I will take suggestions if you have a preference. I know a few mentioned they needed to camp for the Wii U and have other plans and what not. So I was hoping for a 12-2, 1-3, 2-4, 3-5 or 4-6. This one will be the hardest to schedule since we need all 8 to agree. So I really hope everyone has entire availability next Saturday. It will be a single community since we won't have the time to break it up and have the winners do a show off. I can make the finals 90 minutes if that helps anyone or something like that too. But I'd like to just have the single community so it will be finalized.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Fire Flower
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm
Posts: 18
3DS Friend Code:
3093-7119-3693
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
I should be available all day next Saturday.


Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 pm
Profile
Wrist Strap

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
im available from 2pm ahead, so im fine any hour


Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 am
Profile
Goomba

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 pm
Posts: 35
Location: 2055se 44th ave apt#152 hillsboro OR
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
:cry: :nintendorks: :cry: :nintendorks: :cry: IM STILL SAD WAAAAAAAAAAAAA RAAAAS MMMMMMMM WELL GOOD JOB PEOPLE WHO MADE IT to THE FINALS........................ WAAAAAAAAA Y YY Y

_________________
Mario kart 7 : mii,
gold kart,red monster


Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 am
Profile
Goomba

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 pm
Posts: 35
Location: 2055se 44th ave apt#152 hillsboro OR
Post Re: OFFICIAL NintendoFuse Mariokart 7 Tournament
:cry: :nintendorks: :cry: :nintendorks: :cry: IM STILL SAD WAAAAAAAAAAAAA RAAAAS MMMMMMMM WELL GOOD JOB PEOPLE WHO MADE IT to THE FINALS........................ WAAAAAAAAA Y YY Y

_________________
Mario kart 7 : mii,
gold kart,red monster


Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum style by ST Software.