It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Gamer Greg's Gazette (Journal) 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Gamer Greg's Gazette (Journal)
Sunday we had breakfast with my aunt/uncle and cousins that live out here. We ate at the captains grill ay the yacht and beach club. Afterwards we hit up Animal Kingdom and saw the Festival of the Lion King, rode Mt. Everest and the Safari. In the evening we were back at Magic Kingdom and rode Pirates, saw wishes, then rode Space Mountain again.

Today, we did rope drop at Epcot and rode Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Lunch was chefs de france, and then we had some more pool time. Tonight we went to Hollywood studios and saw Fantasmic and did a drawing class. We had a late dinner at our resort.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
To conclude the trip:

Tuesday we did rope drop at Animal Kingdom. We rode Mt. Everest twice, did the animal trails and saw the Finding Nemo musical/show. For lunch we had Flame Tree, one of our favorites that offers the shredded pork. We had begun the day with Boma, our favorite breakfast place in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It has the best buffet on property and is always a 'must-do' when we go to Disney World. We've had it on every trip in the last 3 years we've gone (4 times to Disney World in the 3 years).

Tuesday night we were at Epcot enjoying the Food & Wine Festival one last time. After that, we saw the Illuminations fireworks over the lagoon. It was obviously a pretty good show.

Wednesday morning was our last day of the trip. We did rope drop at Magic Kingdom and tried to hit all the major rides. We started by heading towards Space Mountain--- it was broke. Went over to Thunder Mountain and rode it. We then headed to Splash Mountain ---it was also broke. Checked the Disney App we have and saw Space was still down for the count. We then rode Haunted Mansion. Said Splash Mountain was up, but when we got to the line, it broke down. We then headed over back and rode Pirates. We then crossed to the other side of the park and did It's a Small World and Phylharmagic show. Space was up again so we used our fast passes from when we got their originally in the morning and enjoyed that ride. Splash was still down, so we rode people mover. It was then time to eat before we had to head back to the resort and leave. We had the Liberty Square Tavern which we had on Friday and I got the same meal, but the awesome ooey gooey toffy dessert which is amazing.

Got back to the resort and waited for Magical Express to arrive to take us to the airport. We got to the airport and had a safe flight back.

I had numerous street passes on this trip, I had 16 the first day, 15 the second day and I don't remember the totals of the others. There were 2 times where my 3DS shut off the street pass or something in my pocket pulled that switch and shut it off. Kinda stinks I missed some.

I also missed on Sunday we had the New Fantasy Land preview. It was pretty sweet, we were a few within like a hundred or so people at that time that got to walk through it. For those of you that don't know, they are adding a castle/restaurant modeled after Beauty and the Beast and another attraction/grotto area for the Little Mermaid. They really put in plenty of details as those areas looked amazing. The ride was similar to Haunted Mansion, but told the story of the Little Mermaid, wasn't impressed with the content, just the details of the backgrounds and effects used.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Well the tournament completed over the weekend so I get to de-stress for a while. Already got suggestions for the next Mariokart 7 tournament, so we shall see where that takes us.

Had a busy weekend, had to watch my parents dog at their house since they were out of town visiting a friend who has a terminal illness. Had to operate the tournament out of their house which was interesting.

I also got a last round of hostess products to enjoy, went to like 10+ different stores including gas stations, target, walgreens and 711.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Nothing major really going on, just been playing lots of games. We've been doing plenty of Christmas shopping and stuff, and our Christmas season will be beginning this Saturday as we are hosting several members from my family. It will be my mom and dad, then my brother and 2 sisters and their wife/husband/boyfriend, then my grandma, 2 aunts and a cousin. Basically will be having more finger food setting as we don't have a large enough table for everyone. So my wife is doing homemade pizza and people are bringing appetizers and dessert.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
Nothing major really going on, just been playing lots of games. We've been doing plenty of Christmas shopping and stuff, and our Christmas season will be beginning this Saturday as we are hosting several members from my family. It will be my mom and dad, then my brother and 2 sisters and their wife/husband/boyfriend, then my grandma, 2 aunts and a cousin. Basically will be having more finger food setting as we don't have a large enough table for everyone. So my wife is doing homemade pizza and people are bringing appetizers and dessert.

Don't know why, but homemade pizza always brightens my day. :???:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Yes it is pretty delicious!

I forgot to mention the WHY this is happening. Basically my brother and his wife will be in the Philippines visiting his wife's family that is out there. She had immigrated to the US when she was 16 and hasn't been back to see them. So they will be gone for like 2 weeks over the Christmas time, so since they don't have their place decorated (since they won't around) my wife and I decided to host a little family get-together for them and do any gift exchanging that involves them.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Yes it is pretty delicious!

I forgot to mention the WHY this is happening. Basically my brother and his wife will be in the Philippines visiting his wife's family that is out there. She had immigrated to the US when she was 16 and hasn't been back to see them. So they will be gone for like 2 weeks over the Christmas time, so since they don't have their place decorated (since they won't around) my wife and I decided to host a little family get-together for them and do any gift exchanging that involves them.

How generous, hope everyone has a great time.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
How generous, hope everyone has a great time.

They did!

Time for another update.

Works been busy for a little while, it will be getting calmer from now till the end of the year. Outside of that, the holidays are approaching quickly. Last Friday was my work's Holiday party. It was fun had several drinks with co-workers at a bar and seemed everyone had a good time. Majority of my team went home afterwards, so I did as well. Saturday I had to put in a few hours of work for the deadline today, so that kinda sucked. Could have been worse.

Sunday night the wife and I went downtown to see the Christmas Fest by the Daly Center and Macy's. That was fun to be down there, wasn't terribly cold, but still enough to need a hat, gloves and a scarf (and obviously a jacket). We had dinner at a nearby restaurant and went back home. Overall it was a pretty good weekend.

The fun will start Sunday, as my wife and I will be exchanging that day. With many family events going on Monday and Tuesday, that was the best we could do. Monday will be a brunch at my parents house, and then we'll head to her Grandparents house for Christmas Eve. Her dad's side always does X-mas eve only, so it works out that way (my parents were hosting one, but we couldn't make it and will be seeing them Christmas day anyways). Christmas day will be "4 Christmases". Wake up early for our 'Santa' gifts at my parents house, then head out to the traditional snack and gifts at my Grandma's house, then we will be heading to my wife's aunt's house where her Mom's side of the family will be, then finally end the night at my aunt's house. Lots of driving, food, drinks and plenty of gifts for all.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Holidays went well, had way too much to eat the past week. Got plenty of good gifts, mostly clothes and some gaming related stuff. Had some couple gifts including Cheesecake Factory gift cards and a Visa card.

New Years should be somewhat quiet. My wife's cousin is coming over and we'll be playing some board games, and maybe some Wii U (likely Just Dance 4 or maybe Nintendo Land [not likely]). Should be a good night as my wife is preparing some appetizers and such. I will be making some New Years resolutions hopefully tonight and will be documenting some of them (or all, depends what I come up with) here in the next update.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun NYE!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Time for a hefty update. Well, I'm now homeless. Our house sold on Friday to the new buyers, and now needing to stay at my parents house. This will probably be for about 2 weeks or a little less. We are under contract on our new home, but the bank is requiring a repair be done to pass their inspection. The seller decided to start looking into it about 10-12 days prior to the scheduled close date (last Friday). A small repair was done in attempt to fix the basement cracks where water was seeping through. With the massive downpour of rain these past few weeks, more water seeped through now prompting a better repair.

The repairs will start Tuesday and last till about Thursday or Friday this week, then the inspector needs to come out again and approve us for the mortgage on the home. So I figured it's about 2 weeks or so. So if I'm not responding to emails or posts, it's because I'm pretty busy with work and staying as a guest in my parent's house. 95% of our stuff went into storage, so I only have my 3DS on me and also have the Wii U with only MH3U in it (along with my virtual titles).

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2