It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 29th, 2014 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 29th, 2014
Transformers 4 has been officially confirmed for a June 29th, 2014 release! Michael Bay will return to direct the movie. He has set a deal with Paramount to do the movie "Pain & Gain", and then he will do Transformers 4. The movie will continue the continuity already established, but there will be a lot of new cast members and it's unknown if anyone from the current cast will return or not, but it will be a new story just in the same universe. Pushing for something different, fresh, and new. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will return, no word on any other Transformers.

I'm excited! Bay is perfect for the series and despite all the hate it may get, I love all the awesome robot action and everything, lots of fun.

UPDATE: The official title for the movie is Transformers: Age of Extinction. I've updated the topic title to reflect that.

Last edited by DarkWish on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Post Re: Transformers 4 - June 29th, 2014
If he uses Unicron, drops the emotional human crap and doesn't completely butcher anymore Transformers Lore, I might so much as appreciate this news.Since I'm positive he'll focus more on beautiful women and explosions, I can't help but feel disappointed.

I would much rather a new directer rebooting the series. With the movies being such financial successes I understand why Paramount would want to sign Bay back on but seriously, how often is a fourth movie genuinely a good edition to a movie series?

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:48 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So "bad*** Digest" is claiming to have some additional details on this movie. The rumor states it will be a direct sequel to Dark of the Moon, but it won't be shown through Sam Witwicky's point of view. It's unknown which, if any, cast members will return from the previous movies. Apparently Michael Bay wants to cut back on the crude humor and make it more action-packed. The source claims that "Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon]".

Sounds interesting... though I doubt we'll get any real details until next year probably. But if this is true, then that sounds good to me... I liked the last hour of Dark of the Moon, lots of cool action and everything.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Transformers 4 - June 29th, 2014
Yes, please, no more robots peeing.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 am
5000+ Club

Just deliver more explosions, and action, and drool inducingly epic larger than life mecha action please, and it will be glorious.

I will miss Shia though, he was perfect.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
"Apparently Michael Bay wants to cut back on the crude humor and make it more action-packed. The source claims that 'Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon].'"

This makes me very happy!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So, Josh Duhamel said the following recently...

"I don't think anybody's doing it. I know Shia [LaBoeuf]'s not doing it. I don't think Tyrese or Rosie [Huntington-Whiteley] or anybody else is doing it. Whenever these movies make that much money they're going to make as many as they can, but I haven't heard anything about it. They haven't called me."

People have taken this comment out of hand and reported things like "Josh Duhamel is not in Transformers 4" and even "Nobody returning for Transformers 4"... things like that. That's ridiculous. Casting won't happen until 2013 probably, so of course he hasn't received a call. Whether he will return or not is still up in the air. So I wanted to post this in case anyone sees any articles about this elsewhere... it's extremely early to talk about casting details. We don't know who, if anyone, will return... and no matter what Josh says, that remains true for now.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Wrist Strap

Wowww...!! I am a huge fan of transformer movies, these are really amazing action movies and I the complete series on movies which are released yet. Now waiting for its 4th part with very excitement. Transformer 3 amazing from its last 2 parts lets see, how many records its 4th will hit.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:57 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A little bit of new info...

The planned start date for filming is April/May 2013. They're casting for the leads, which will be an 18 year old female high school senior and her 20-something Texan race car driver boyfriend. They will of course need new leads since both Shia and Rosie are not returning.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Animal Crossing Villager

Bayis still wanting to direct another? God, I'm done. I don't even care at this point.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 am
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Jakek9 wrote:
Bayis still wanting to direct another? God, I'm done. I don't even care at this point.

Just heard today they were making a fourth one...........now a fifth? Kill me now somebody. Part 1 was really good, then 2 sucked then 3 just sucked the suck. God all mighty PLEASE MICHEAL leave the dang transformers alone! Let someone else do it!!! :nintendorks:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
It's now confirmed... Mark Wahlberg has been cast for this movie. No idea what role he will play, but Michael Bay's website has issued a press release confirming this.

And we also have a new logo:

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Jakek9 wrote:

Just heard today they were making a fourth one...........now a fifth? Kill me now somebody. Part 1 was really good, then 2 sucked then 3 just sucked the suck. God all mighty PLEASE MICHEAL leave the dang transformers alone! Let someone else do it!!! :nintendorks:

I thought the 3rd one was really good, but the 2nd one did suck really bad.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149

Jack Reynor has been cast as the other male lead in Transformers 4. We know of three main leads... Mark Wahlberg's character, his daughter (not cast yet), and her race car boyfriend (Jack Reynor).

Michael Bay has also confirmed what I and others have been saying for a while now. Despite people throwing around the word "reboot", this movie is NOT a reboot. Bay explains that Transformers 4 takes place exactly 4 years after the events in Chicago in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. He says the story makes a very natural transition and there's a reason as to why there is a whole new cast. This movie will feel different than the last three, and he says they are "embarking on a new trilogy". So there you have it. This is the start of a new trilogy.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have a plot description! Check it out...

Quote:
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.

Sounds interesting. I wonder who the ancient evil is. Some people speculate it's Unicron, but who knows. They should begin filming in the next month or two, so we should start to get more info soon.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So if you want a summary of what we know, I posted the story in the previous post. As far as the cast goes, here is what we have...

Mark Wahlberg - Flynn Vincent, father of Peltz's character, mechanic
Nicola Peltz - name unknown, daughter of Peltz's character
Jack Reynor - name unknown, boyfriend to Peltz's character, race car driver
Kelsey Grammer - Harold Attinger, counter intelligence bad guy
Stanley Tucci - name unknown
Sophia Myles - name unknown
TJ Miller - name unknown, best friend of Wahlberg's characer, mechanic
Li Bingbing - name unknown

There was a rumor from JoBlo that talks about Dinobots being in this movie, Megatron back as Galvatron, and they go into great detail on many characters appearing and some scenes that will happen. But this is all unconfirmed.

And last but not least, today principle photography on Transformers 4 has officially begun in Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Arizona! Michael Bay's site has also officially reviewed two new Autobots. We don't know who they are, but here is what they look like...

2013 Black and Blue Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse:

2014 Green Corvette Stingray:

I am loving these new Autobots! Especially that Bugatti... that blue/black color combo is slick. Reminds of me of the Wii U Deluxe Set color combo actually. But yea, can't wait to see these cars in action!

Tue May 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149

There's a set photo with the Bugatti on the right.

We also have a picture of Optimus Prime's new look:

For comparison, here's his old look:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

Looks awesome! Here are more set pictures:

That other car that's mostly black with a bit of yellow... not sure if that's a Transformer or not, could be a race car that one of the characters drives. I hope it's not a Transformer, I really don't like the look of it.

And finally, JoBlo has been reporting a bunch of stuff. I linked to it in the previous post, but I wanted to expand upon it a bit. I'm going to put it behind spoiler tags in case it's true, but they've also revealed the names of the above new Autobots as well. Check it out:
Spoiler: show
Supposedly the movie will feature the Dinobots, including Grimlock. One of the villains of the movie will be a character named Lockdown, who has a ship full of decommissioned Transformers, including the Dinobots, which are somehow brought back to life by a captured Optimus Prime.

At one point, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will "ride" the Dinobots into battle in Hong Kong, with Optimus Prime on Grimlock and Bumblebee on a Pteranodon, presumably Swoop.

In terms of new Autobots, we have a few. The Autobot Hound will make his debut. There's also a former "samurai" Decepticon that wants to regain his honor and become an Autobot. His name is Drift, and that's the Black and Blue Bugatti. As for the Chevy Stingray... that's the Autobot Slingshot.

Last but not least, Megatron will be "reborn" as Galvatron.

The infamous Nelson said that production names don't equal final names, which is true... but that was indirect confirmation that Drift and Slingshot are the production names of the two cars revealed yesterday, which means JoBlo's sources must be accurate somewhat. So, all of this stuff sounds interesting... can't wait to see more!

Wed May 29, 2013 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
You know that car I was hoping wasn't a Transformer? Not only is it a Transformer.... it's Bumblebee's new look. Here it is:

Not sure why they decided to go old school with his new look and give him so much black. Not a fan of the new look.

Thu May 30, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I'm liking these daily updates from Michael Bay! Today we have a new Autobot named Hound:

Looks pretty sweet! Next we have set pics of the Autobots. Here is a group shot of Slingshot (production name), Bumblebee, Drift (production name), and Hound and Optimus Prime in the back. Not sure if the white vehicle behind them all is another Transformer or not. Check out the pic:

Next is Bumblebee and Drift (production name). Looks like there is some yellow on the sides of Bumblebee which I like. Still not a fan of his new design though.

And last but not least, another image of Optimus Prime:

Aside from Bumblebee, I'm loving the new designs and new Transformers!

Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

DarkWish wrote:
We have a plot description! Check it out...

Quote:
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.

Sounds interesting. I wonder who the ancient evil is. Some people speculate it's Unicron, but who knows. They should begin filming in the next month or two, so we should start to get more info soon.

I would say that's more of a plot teaser than a plot summary. Anymore specifics on the story reported yet?

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:00 am
Forum Administrator

I never even realized that Transformers 3 had been made. Are 2-3 any better than the first?

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:37 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
ExiledBlacky wrote:
I would say that's more of a plot teaser than a plot summary. Anymore specifics on the story reported yet?

Well there are some rumors out there, nothing official. Rumors talk about Dinobots being in this one, but we don't have much more of an idea of the story yet.

SirVenom wrote:
I never even realized that Transformers 3 had been made. Are 2-3 any better than the first?

*GASP* But... it was awesome!

In all seriousness, most people hated the second, while the third seemed to have mixed reactions. If you go into the movies expecting a solid story, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you're looking to be amazed at the CGI, then you're in for a treat. The 3rd movie in 3D looks amazing.

------------------

On another note, I complained earlier about the new Bumblebee in Transformers 4. Well apparently, he actually has another new alt mode. Check it out:

That is MUCH better!

We also have a few other new Transformers and some cool filming pictures, so here they are...

New Lamborghini Aventador car (don't know if it's an Autobot or Decepticon):

There has also been an old rusted Optimus Prime seen on set a lot, and here he is filming with the Lamborghini as well:

Now here is the Sonic RS:

Here is Nicola Peltz on set:

Mark Wahlberg on set:

New Pagani Huayra vehicle:

New Freightliner vehicle (some people speculate this is Motormaster):

Also, Bumblebee was seen on set with Leadfoot (one of the Wreckers):

Optimus Prime, Hound, the Stingray and Bugatti, and Bumblebee on set:

And more images of them here: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/20 ... an-mi.html

------------------

Now, if we want a complete list of who is in this movie, here we are...

Autobots:
- Optimus Prime
- Bumblebee
- Hound
- *Bugatti Vitesse* (RUMOR: Production name is Drift)
- *Corvette Stingray* (RUMOR: Production name is Slingshot)
- Leadfoot

Decepticons:
- RUMOR: Galvatron
- RUMOR: Lockdown

Dinobots:
- RUMOR: Grimlock
- RUMOR: Swoop

Unknown:
- *Lamborghini Aventador*
- *Sonic RS*
- *Freightliner* (rumored to be Decepticon Motormaster)
- *Pagani Huayra*

Missing from all the previous movies (so far) include the Autobots Jolt, Skids, Mudflap, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Dino, Roadbuster, and Topspin. No surviving Decepticons from previous movies.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So if it wasn't obvious already, Dinobots are confirmed for this movie.

Also, there is a trademark for Age of Extinction, so it's rumored that the title of this movie may be "Transformers: Age of Extinction".

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
And what do you know, I was right. It's now confirmed... "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is the name of the movie. Here's the teaser poster:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 29th, 2014

Finally, we have some footage! Above is the Super Bowl teaser, and it looks pretty cool. One word... DINOBOTS! As you can see, none of the human cast from the previous movies is returning. The movie takes place a few years after Dark of the Moon, but focuses on a new cast of characters. Mark Wahlberg plays Cade, Nicola Peltz plays his daughter Tessa, and Jack Reynor plays Tessa's race car driver boyfriend Shane. The only returning Autobots are Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, although a few others may possibly show up as well. And Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have also gone through their biggest visual makeover yet.

Anyways, here is my analysis of the teaser... (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!)
Spoiler: show
- We see a massive dark ship, with some Transformers walking beneath it. This is very likely the bounty hunter Lockdown, who is the Lamborghini Aventador (see my previous post with images). He's coming to capture Tessa, and it looks like this is at their farm.
- We see Tessa freaking out next to a car. In the background, we see someone (either Cade or Shane) and something that is yellow/black... Bumblebee?
- Cade looks concerned
- Optimus Prime appears
- Some Transformer's face turns into a cannon... this is very likely Lockdown
- Lockdown blasts Optimus Prime in the chest with his face cannon. Notice the Transformer body on the ground.
- *PREPARE*
- That Transformer body that was on the ground looks like it's the same one that is now seen slicing a red car in half. This scene probably takes first chronologically. Then we've seen an image of a red car split in half, with Optimus Prime, Crosshairs, and Drift (Crosshairs and Drift being unconfirmed names for the green Stingray and blue Bugatti) arriving on scene. So probably this Transformer slices the car, then notices the three Autobots arriving, and at some point this Transformer gets beaten up by Optimus Prime. It's unclear if he's dead or just on the ground. Speculation is that this Transformer is the Freightliner. Some think it's Galvatron, but it's still unclear.
- We see a bunch of alien ships in space... Lockdown's ships? Not sure
- Cade saying "everybody stick behind me"
- Explosions all around Cade, Tessa, and Shane as they try to run
- *FOR EXTINCTION*
- Optimus Prime captured and held upside down, looks to be Lockdown that has him captured
- We have the green Stingray, rumored to be named Crosshairs, parachuting out of a ship, blasting other ships (same ones from Dark of the Moon) with his guns
- Tessa in a car yells "Dad!"
- Cade and Shane run towards Tessa and Cade yells her name (is this the same scene as the beginning of the teaser, when Lockdown arrives?)
- Cade about to punch something
- Some humans in the Sonic RS (we know from filming that Cade, Shane, Tessa, and someone else eventually get in that car), with Optimus Prime rolling behind them. Notice that is the old Optimus Prime design from the last movie. We've seen older, rusty versions of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee on set and it's rumored that these old versions transform into their old designs... and then at some point they'll upgrade to their new forms. So this scene must be very early on, even before Lockdown arrives.
- We see the newly designed Bumblebee jump up and is grabbed by Swoop (unconfirmed name). Supposedly, the Dinobots are allied with the Autobots at this time. It's rumored that Swoop carries Bumblebee and Optimus Prime rides Grimlock into battle in Hong Kong.
- And now we see Optimus Prime riding on Grimlock, seemingly confirming the rumors once again. He whips out a sword.
- We see Optimus Prime riding Grimlock, who breaks through a wall, and Optimus Prime can be seen holding a sword and shield now.

And that's that. There's still so much unconfirmed at this point, especially characters with toy vs production vs rumored names so it's all unclear. But we have a good idea about most of what was shown in that teaser. And I'm excited for it, I think the Dinobots will be interesting. It's also neat that this movie really seems to have a different feel to it, especially with the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee redesigns and a new human cast. So we'll see how this turns out, but I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next