It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce (20th Anniversary) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce (20th Anniversar
Okay, we have an update! I've been constantly updating the previous post with the latest but it's time for a new post with the final details. So, we know that former Power Rangers are returning. Some of them will be featured in special episodes. We know of two of these Power Rangers, and it's possible we may see more, but we don't know. Then, there are 10 Power Rangers returning for a group cameo scene, possibly the final scene of the Super Megaforce season. Very short, and they may not even talk. So who is returning? The previous post has pictures and everything, but here is a summary...

Jason Smith is returning as Casey, the Jungle Fury Red Ranger for a special episode. Jason Smith is actually dating Ciara Hanna, the Yellow Megaforce Ranger. He also has written four episodes of Super Megaforce, including his own special episode.

Alex Heartman is returning as Jayden, the Red Samurai Ranger. This is the previous season, so this is probably their way of thing the previous season into this one.

The 10 Power Rangers returning for the group cameo scene are:
Jason David Frank (Tommy - Mighty Morphin Green, Mighty Morphin White, Zeo Red, Dino Thunder Black)
Selwyn Ward (TJ - Turbo Red, In Space Blue)
Danny Slavin (Leo - Lost Galaxy Red)
Reggie Rolle (Damon - Lost Galaxy Green)
Melody Perkins (Karone - Lost Galaxy Pink; Astronema - In Space Villain)
Sean Johnson (Carter - Lightspeed Rescue Red)
Alison MacInnis (Dana - Lightspeed Rescue Pink)
Jason Faunt (Wes - Time Force Red)
Hector David Jr (Mike - Samurai Green)
Brittany Pirtle (Emily - Samurai Yellow)

Interesting group of Power Rangers. Multiple seasons not represented and some season with multiple people returning. Despite the many behind the scenes issues and disagreements I may have... I'm still excited to see them return. Some of these people have disappeared off the face of the planet, so it's great to be able to see them again.

The group of 10 are heading on a flight to New Zealand tonight. Let the filming begin!

Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The cast has landed in New Zealand! Here are some pictures from the plane:

Jason David Frank (Tommy - Mighty Morphin Green/White, Zeo Red, Dino Thunder Black) and his daughter:

Jason Faunt (Wes - Time Force Red):

Jason Faunt (Wes - Time Force Red) and Brittany Pirtle (Emily - Samurai Yellow):

Alison MacInnis (Dana - Lightspeed Rescue Pink):

Hector David Jr (Mike - Samurai Green):

Reggie Rolle (Damon - Lost Galaxy Green):

Hector David Jr (Mike - Samurai Green) with some crew members:

So yea, they're in New Zealand now. Jason David Frank went a little earlier, after a convention. Danny Slavin went on a separate flight. But all the others went together on the same flight and they're in NZ now. Pretty cool to know they're all together, and cool to see some pictures like of Jason Faunt and Brittany Pirtle. I'll be on the lookout for more pictures!

Thu May 23, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have some big updates! Right now, the returning rangers are probably done filming or filming their last bits in New Zealand. So let's get right to the pictures... oh by the way, that last photo of Hector has Koichi Sakamoto on the right. He's responsible for the stunt work and fight scenes for multiple seasons of the show. Currently he's directing many episodes of the Kyoruger season of Super Sentai in Japan. But, seems he's back to help out with this reunion! Okay, now on to the photos...

It's Hector David Jr:

Alison MacInnis is putting on her blonde wig for her character Dana:

And now it's time for some group pictures:

The first picture has Hector David Jr, Melody Perkins, Jason Faunt, Alison MacInnis, and Danny Slavin. Pretty awesome to see Melody and Danny again! Both representing Lost Galaxy, so that's cool. It's neat seeing rangers from multiple seasons together.

The second picture has Hector David Jr, Sean Johnson, and Alison MacInnis in the back, Danny Slavin and Jason Faunt in the middle, and Brittany Pirtle and Reggie Rolle up front. Another awesome picture! We finally get a look at Sean Johnson and him and Alison are representing Lightspeed Rescue. Again, really cool to see multiple seasons together.

And the third picture has half of Brittany Pirtle's face, Melody Perkins, Patricia Ja Lee, Jason Faunt with Koichi Sakamoto behind him, and Selwyn Ward. Another cool group photo. Great to see a good look at Melody in this pic. And Patricia Ja Lee looks great.... wait a second.... PATRICIA JA LEE?! WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?! That's right folks, we knew of 10 returning rangers, but it looks like there are actually 11! It's possible there may be one or two other surprises, but at this point in time all we know about are the 11. That's an awesome surprise seeing Patricia. She was Cassie, the Pink Turbo and Pink Space Rangers.

And we thought all we'd get are pics of them hanging out, until these popped up...

OH. MY. GOD. THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!! I did not expect to see pictures of them like that. I thought we'd see them in regular clothes. I didn't think we'd get them in helmetless suits! That's awesome! There's Hector and Brittany in their Green and Yellow Samurai suits, Tommy in his Green Ranger suit, Patricia and Selwyn in their Pink and Blue Space suits, and Danny in his Red Lost Galaxy suit. OMG! Just looks so awesome. And I think Jason David Frank would be in the Mighty Morphin White suit... but he's in Green! YES!!! JDF also did a TMZ video and mentioned both the Green and White Ranger suits will appear, so that's cool. You can also see extras in various other ranger suits behind them. This is gonna be so awesome! We have more pictures as well...

Jason Faunt as Time Force Red and Jason David Frank as Mighty Morphin Green:

And then this piece of fan service:

OMG! I'm pretty sure this is just them having fun on set, I don't think this'll be on the show. But it looks pretty sweet. The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger transferred his Dragon Shield to others sometimes on the show, and here he's transferring it to Samurai Green. This is also cool cause Hector who plays Samurai Green grew up on the show and JDF was his favorite... and now JDF is giving him his powers in this photo. Really cool to see.

And last but not least, to get an idea of this epicness, here's a photo of the scene being filmed:

Looks amazing! And this is only some of the rangers in suit... we still have the others in suit to see as well. So yea, I'm super excited for this. It all looks amazing and it's great seeing all these rangers return!

Also by the way, Power Rangers Super Megaforce will finish filming around June 10th. So they're getting ready to wrap up it seems. Can't wait to see this next year!

Sun May 26, 2013 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Two things of note...

First, Power Rangers Super Megaforce has basically finished filming. I think the wrap party just took place. There's still some stuff left to be filmed in the next week or two, but the cast isn't needed for that.

And second, we have a Super Megaforce logo! A couple of weeks ago, we got this image that leaked that was supposedly some concept art for the toys for Super Megaforce:

It looked legit and the source seemed to match up. Well now a licensing expo ad has shown the logo, and here it is:

It definitely matches up, so that's our logo.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have a picture of all 11 returning cast members for the special episode:

From left to right, it's: Alison MacInnis, Jason Faunt, Hector David Jr, Patricia Ja Lee, Sean Johnson, Melody Perkins, Selwyn Ward, Jason David Frank, Brittany Pirtle, Reggie Rolle, and Danny Slavin. Awesome seeing them all together!

Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have news! After knowing the title and having the logo for a while now, Saban Brands has finally made it official. The next season is called Power Rangers Super Megaforce. It debuted with this awesome poster:

Here's the press release:
Quote:
Saban Brands announced today that it will launch Saban’s Power Rangers Super Megaforce, the newest season of Power Rangers, in 2014 on Nickelodeon. Power Rangers, one of the top rated and longest running boys live-action series in television history, offers SUPER MEGA action, excitement, humor and entertainment, while maintaining core themes of friendship, teamwork, fitness and helping others.

“As Saban Brands and Power Rangers celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the iconic franchise this year, it is more apparent than ever that the show has a strong connection to fans of all ages and backgrounds,” said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. “We are happy to continue our partnership with Nickelodeon and we look forward to entertaining our fans with more action-packed, SUPER MEGA adventures in 2014 with Power Rangers Super Megaforce.”

The upcoming season of Power Rangers Super Megaforce focuses on the Rangers’ mission to defeat a massive alien army Armada that was sent to conquer Earth. To face this threat, Gosei, a supernatural guardian who has protected Earth for centuries, gives the Rangers special morphers and keys, which allow them to morph into Super Megaforce Rangers. The Rangers also have an added special ability to morph into any team of Power Rangers from the past. These super-sized adventures can only mean one thing: the all-new Power Rangers Super Megaforce has arrived!

Loving the poster and the story sounds good to me!

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY POWER RANGERS!!!!!

Twenty years ago today, Power Rangers first aired on TV. Pretty amazing twenty years, I must say. To celebrate, I even put together a little VLOG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0VIRzlJKE.

Also, Power Rangers Megaforce returns from hiatus with new episodes starting September 7th.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
New episodes resumed today! The show is back in full force with new episodes almost every weekend until the end of the year probably. And there's lots of new toys that have been released which I have been reviewing on my YouTube channel. In about two months or so, we should start seeing Super Megaforce toys in store as well, so it just never ends.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So they sent out a request to Power Rangers toy collectors to film a video to be a part of a bonus feature on an official Power Rangers DVD. Naturally, I went for it. While I can't post that video submission online, I can post this picture of my collection...

That's what 20 years of Power Rangers toys looks like!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So, I haven't updated this topic in a long time but it's due for an update...

Power Rangers Megaforce has finished airing. The entire 20th season is now on Netflix as well. Power Rangers Super Megaforce will make its debut early next year. The toys have already started appearing also. But we now have episode details for the first 14 episodes. Here are all my thoughts...

- Looks like they get their new Legendary Morpher in the first episode from their mentor Gosei, which allows them to transform into Super Mega Mode, which they can use to transform into previous Power Rangers.
- Second episode is likely based on the Power Rangers SPD material. It's unknown if we will see a cast member from SPD here, but the description doesn't hint at anything.
- The fourth episode mentions them traveling to the Animaria (which it should say Animarium), so that's cool. Again it's unknown if any past cast members will appear, but no hints on that.
- The fifth episode confirms what I discovered a long time ago... Alex Heartman will return as Jayden, the Red Samurai Ranger. He will return in this episode.
- Episode six features the return of another cast member... Jason Smith as Casey, the Red Jungle Fury Ranger. Apparently he's a Zoo Keeper now.
- Episodes 7 and 8 are the debut of the Silver Ranger, who now officially has a name: Orion. Thanks to Rangercrew, we know that Orion is from space so that makes it interesting. But also, the word "Orion" was used in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy as they got a special power-up called the "Lights of Orion". Related? Not sure. But still an interesting name choice.
- Episode 13 features the Power Rangers heading to Corinth and they run into Professor Cog, so that's cool seeing that continuity there with that villain returning. We also find the name of their new zord as the Turbo Falcon Zord. Not sure if there will be any cast members appearing here, but no hints yet.

So it confirms a lot of what we know and a few other little tidbits which is cool. Alex Heartman returns as Jayden the Red Samurai Ranger in episode 5, and Jason Smith returns as Casey the Red Jungle Fury Ranger in episode 6. It's the final episode, entitled "Legendary Battle" that we have the 11 cast members returning. Lots of great stuff happening and I can't wait to see it!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3