It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
The Dark Domain (My Journal) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Dark Domain (My Journal)
So today was much better. Still down about stuff with that girl, but didn't have much time to think about it so it's all good. More frustrations with my parents, but it was at night before I went to bed so not much. Basically, started off the day with Physics, reviewing for our final. Then travelled to another campus for Linear Algebra where we reviewed for that final. Also got my last test back and got a 68/70... woot! Then I turned in my English portfolio. We had 4 essays and 4 response papers throughout the semester and if you got below an A, you were able to revise it and turn in the revision in this portfolio. I got all A's except one B so I revised that only and turned it all in. Then stopped by Wal-Mart and hit the jackpot on new Power Rangers Megaforce toys. Started working on some video reviews for those as well, some of which I've already uploaded today.

Then it was off to the eye doctor for a follow-up. Everything is perfect after the LASIK, it's been a bit over a week now. 20/15 vision in both eyes! Just got to use these eye drops 3 times a day. Also often when I wake up in the morning, it takes a minute or two to fully open my eyes cause they're dry, but after that I'm perfectly fine. They said that's perfectly normal and happens for a few months, and I can use these artificial tears eye drops to help. And finally, I can do everything normally again! I can exercise again. No more wearing swimming goggles in the shower. And no more of that stupid goggles at night. So yea, definitely happy and thankful that everything went well and just gotta keep up the eye drops and everything and I'm set.

Afterwards, took care of some stuff around the house, uploaded some YouTube stuff, got some studying done, etc. I was hoping I would not hear from that girl at all today as I don't want to talk to her at the moment and thankfully no contact from her. So I'm glad I didn't have to worry about that... although I will see her at work tomorrow. Not sure what to expect, but we'll see. Hopefully things are okay. Other than that, got a final on Thursday and one on Monday. Can't wait to be done with this semester!

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So today was very interesting at work, so I wanted to write about it. Helps me think as well and process everything. Very therapeutic. Anyways, this is gonna be a long one...

First thing when I get to work, I get some hugs from some people. I had posted on Facebook over the weekend about needing hugs or something after all this stuff, so I had some people ask how I was doing and check up on me. For the sake of this blog, I'll come up with names for them. One of the nurses is like a mom to me, I'll refer to as just mother nurse. She really is though... she's always looking out for me and I can always go to her for advice and everything. One of the doctors also gave me a hug, she's really nice and always fun to talk to. So it felt good getting that support from people and everything.

Anyways, I wanted to talk to mother nurse about the whole situation with that girl. I've kept her up-to-date on things as they happened and she's always offered good advice. Apparently she already knew that girl has a boyfriend. That girl has been telling it to people already, which I kind of figured anyways. According to mother nurse, people asked that girl if she told me about it... and she said that she did and I took it okay. Which, I suppose that day I didn't really have much to say so I guess she didn't think much of it. I don't know. Anyways, that girl was telling people the reason she didn't get in a relationship with me is the whole religion thing. We have different religions and she thought it wouldn't work out.

I understand that... but then again, it frustrates me as to why she would even continue to go on dates then. She had mentioned something of the sort before and I figured that was a big reason, but it's still frustrating to be led on like that if she continued to go on dates for a while. Plus, she lied about not having enough time to date. And all this other stuff. So I explained that to mother nurse and she gave me the advice to just move on. Which I know. Mother nurse also said that girl was being a baby and things happen for a reason. So I felt good by the end of our little talk. I know not to bother with her much anymore and it's good to have a coworker that understands my side as well.

So after that, it was time to actually work. And of course, the first thing I need to do is fix something with a keyboard on a computer upstairs. Our main office has another office upstairs in the same building with two other doctors working since there's not enough room on the main level. And guess which nurse it was that needed my help? Yup, her. I had no problem with that, so I went upstairs and I had to wait for the patient to leave the room before I could fix anything. But while I waited, I had a brief conversation with that girl. Asked how her weekend was. And then I told her about how I'm considering moving to the basement of my house and she said I should. Didn't talk too much... but I did what I wanted. I'm not ignoring her or being rude, but at the same time keeping my distance. Anyways, did the keyboard stuff and went downstairs to work on other things.

Time passed and others came to me to ask how I was doing and helped cheer me up. So I was feeling pretty good by the afternoon. Things were looking up. I had to head upstairs to do something else so I went up there. As I got there, that girl was packing up and leaving and other nurse was telling her to feel better. So I said bye as well and she left. I asked the other nurse what's up cause that girl was supposed to close today, but she said that girl wasn't feeling well. Oh, okay then. Made my life a bit easier... though things weren't going bad regardless at the time. Anyways, I got my stuff done and headed back downstairs. I went to the nurse station area to work on one of the computers there. Hmm, how do I describe it? There are like two desks and then around the corner are two more computers. So I went around the corner and didn't pay attention to those desks, like who was there... but I heard her voice. That girl was still there. Okay, fine. I thought she was leaving right away but maybe she needed to talk to someone first, who knows.

And then things got really interesting. It all happened so fast. I see the front desk receptionist bring some roses to the nurse station and she says they're for that girl. Immediately, I hear people freaking out all excited. That girl is like sobbing and hugging people. I can't see all of this, I'm around the corner... but I can hear it. And honestly, I didn't want to see it. And then come the constant "who are those from?" questions to which she responds her boyfriend. I think she might have been on the phone at some point cause I hear a "thank you babe" and I don't know. I just keep looking at the computer, trying to continue my work, trying to ignore everything else going on.

I'm trying to keep my distance here and not think about all that stuff, and then this happens and made it really difficult. It was very reminiscent of how I dropped off something for her for Valentine's Day at work... though we weren't dating and it was just a chocolate rose. And it brought memories of how she said she thought it was really sweet and like cried from that and recently how she said she still has it in her room. So I stepped away from the computer for a second, making sure to walk the other direction away from the nurse station. After a few minutes of helping someone else with a computer thing on the way, I went back to the computer around the corner of the nurse station. I believe that girl had left work by then.

Mother nurse comes to me and asks how I'm doing and I say "well, not bad up until now". So she takes me away to another room and talks to me about the whole thing. She basically says that girl is completely rushing into things and she wants to take bets on how long it'll last. And she's saying how I shouldn't call or text her, just avoid her unless necessary... just to not think about that stuff. And that's what I plan on doing. So she helped cheer me up after all that. Another one of the doctors later asked me how I was doing and I responded with a general "I'm doing okay, just life is in the way sometimes". I think that doctor was looking out for me and could tell that whole thing annoyed me, but at the same time I was cautious because I know that doctor is very close to that girl.

But as the day continued, I was just getting positive encouragement and support from people. Mother nurse and that doctor were both saying they wish they had a son like me. And they know that whatever happens, they know I have a good head on my shoulders and things will work out. Mother nurse walked outside with me as I left, telling me that she knows I'll find someone else and not to let this stuff get me down. And while it initially did, I left work with a smile on my face thanks to mother nurse and some of my other coworkers. They all really were there for me and I can't thank them enough. I come home and check Facebook and see that girl with a smiley face as her status, exactly the same as when I gave her that chocolate rose... and before I could begin to get down again, I start thinking about what my other coworkers said and just smiled.

I'm honestly really thankful for my job and my coworkers, they're awesome people. As much as work can be annoying because of that girl at the moment, it's also much more a place where I know I am loved by the people there. And I really like that about it. So that's that. Got a final on Thursday to study for, and I'll be back at work on Friday. I don't know what Friday holds... seems the only thing I can say is to expect just about anything at this point lol. But all that matters is that I'll find someone else and I have my awesome coworkers and friends and everyone there to support me.

Okay, done with that really long post lol. I needed to get that off my chest.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
It sounds like you have a good support system, so that's good. Focus on the positive things and be thankful for that - which it sounds like you are already doing.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
JHardin1112 wrote:
It sounds like you have a good support system, so that's good. Focus on the positive things and be thankful for that - which it sounds like you are already doing.

Yea, exactly. I can get bogged down with all that stuff, and there is plenty of reason to after everything that happened... but the best thing I can do right now is stay positive and just move on. It's not easy for sure because I can't help but think about everything and things have definitely been interesting... but it's not productive to think about that stuff. What's more important is focusing on the future.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So... a couple things have happened. We'll start with the good, continue with the okay, and end with the good.

First up, had my first of two finals yesterday: Linear Algebra. Went into it pretty confident and I knew the material. But man, it was tough! The professor said it was going to be straightforward, but he took the concepts we learned and generalized them which made them harder to prove and stuff. It was rather difficult and I was freaking out. We have like 10 people in the class and nobody left before the exam time ended. Every 5 seconds, a student would get up and ask the professor a question... I even went and asked a few questions. Once the exam time ended, the professor told us not to worry because... we all get A's! WOOT!!! He said the goal of the class was to understand the big picture and what everything meant, and he purposefully made the test very "interesting". He could tell from our hard work this semester and from the questions we were asking him during the final that we knew what we were doing, so he gave us A's on our finals. Yay! So that was awesome. Now for the next story...

Well, not too much to tell with this one. Basically, I went to work today and things were okay with that girl. At first when I got there she was like hey how's it going. I responded back, but kept my responses brief. As the day went on, I didn't really talk to her. I just did my own thing and she did hers. I don't know if she picked up on that or not, who knows. There were multiple times the boyfriend thing came up and/or she was on the phone with him. But I tried to not think about it too much and do my own thing. So things weren't bad today. If anything, things were rather boring. But I'm sure things will pick up for me soon. I'm going to drop by work on Monday to do the Secret Santa stuff, and then starting Tuesday I'm there every weekday for the next few weeks. So that'll be interesting.

And now for the last thing... it's official, I'm headed to New York for a few days! My best friend moved to Manhattan a few months ago, and I'm going to visit him. I'll be heading there Saturday the 22nd and then coming back Wednesday the 26th. We're going to check out a bunch of places, and just hang out. And yes, I will definitely stop by the Nintendo World Store. Not sure what I'll get... maybe another plush? But I'm excited to get away from here for a few days... away from the stresses of home, away from the pressures of school, away from the drama at work, etc. Can't wait!

So that's what's new with me. This weekend, I gotta study for my last final: Physics. I have that Monday morning, can't wait to get that over with. And then I'm done with school for a few weeks! So I'm looking forward to that.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Finally done with final exams!!! Got through Physics this morning, so annoying. Then around lunch time, I stopped by work since they were having a potluck lunch and I had to drop off my Secret Santa thing as well. I was kind of nervous because that girl works on Mondays. Every time I try to keep my distance, seems something happens that is upsetting. But turns out she wasn't there today... not sure why. I'm somewhat curious, but I keep telling myself to stop and just continue on with life. So yea, things were good at work.

Then the rest of the day was me relaxing. Played some Wii U as well... got in some Assassin's Creed III gameplay, which has been really fun. Just continuing with the story. Then my sister and I both tried the Sonic racing demo. I tried the first game briefly and it was weird to me. Felt like a Mario Kart rip-off with some rough gameplay that just didn't gel. This sequel still feels like a Mario Kart rip-off, but it felt nice to control and was rather fun. So they definitely improved things with this one. I'm debating buying it... still not sure, but it has got me intrigued.

Now time to get some sleep. Off to work tomorrow... back to working every weekday. I might be taking a small road trip in the afternoon to another medical practice with my boss and another coworker to check out their electronic medical record system. So that'll be interesting. And idk if that girl will be at work or not... she usually is on Tuesdays, but then again she usually is on Mondays too and she wasn't. Either way, gotta ready myself for whatever comes and just keep my distance. So yea, that's what's going on tomorrow.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So what's new? Let's see...

Yesterday I went to work and it was not bad. Things were really busy and I was so tired by the end of the day. That girl was once again not there which was weird, but whatever. In the afternoon, I went with my boss and another manager to visit another doctor's office and see how they were using their electronic medical record system. We're looking at maybe switching, so that was interesting to see that. So I got home a little later than usual yesterday, but it's all good. Played more Assassin's Creed III and did the podcast of course.

Today, work was not bad. Didn't have as much to do, but it was enjoyable. This time, that girl was there... although nothing bad happened. We very briefly talked about final exams and that was it. She was also really busy with stuff at work. I don't know if she is catching on to the fact that I'm keeping my distance or not... but hopefully she is. Anyways, we also got our last Secret Santa stuff and the doctor who I gave gifts to really liked what I gave her today and she came and hugged me. I know she's an Iron Man fan so I got her a coffee mug that says "Stark Industries" on it and she loved it.

Then I left work a little bit early to go to my high school. It's the 10 year anniversary of our high school (I was in the first class to go through all four years of the school) so they invited all the alumni to come. So I saw a few friends and that was pretty cool. Felt a bit weird though, I felt old. My sister is an alumni now too and my other sister is a senior at that high school. Life goes by way too fast, it's crazy. But now I'm at home relaxing for a bit. I do have to get to work early in the morning tomorrow to train some employees so I'll probably head to bed early. I'm sure I'll be exhausted tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow isn't bad either, we'll see.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
What a busy day. Had work, which was really busy although not too bad. Towards the end, there was one moment where that girl was on the phone with her boyfriend, and she was on there for a while... nobody told her not to even though she's not supposed to be. But her boyfriend yelled out at the end that he loves her and everyone in the area could hear it from her phone. I really didn't need to hear that. But regardless, things weren't bad overall.

And then I got home and the good stuff happened one by one. Got all A's this semester. Pentatonix released a new cover which is a mash-up of "Save the World" and "Don't You Worry Child" from Pentatonix... both of which I've been listening to on repeat the past few days. So that was awesome, and here it is: http://youtu.be/7YAcMgoSpDE. I tweeted asking them to release it on iTunes and they responded saying soon! Later, Kevin Olusala (beat boxer for Pentatonix) followed me on Twitter as well which was pretty cool. Also started getting ready for my vacation to NY. And was the first to discover that the Power Rangers Card Scanner app was live on iOS. And tried out Nintendo TVii, which is interesting. So just back-to-back awesomeness!

Tomorrow, I have work. And then I have to clean my room and part of the house cause I have relatives coming this weekend (though I won't be here). And then Saturday, it's off to NY!

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Enjoy New York, and good work on your A's!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
SirVenom wrote:
Enjoy New York, and good work on your A's!

Thanks!

So far, today has been okay. Work wasn't too bad although seems everywhere I went that girl was on the phone with her boyfriend. I just can't escape it. But we did briefly talk... mostly cause I let her borrow some of my Harry Potter movies a few months back and told her I need them back soon. But yea, not much else really. Oh, our holiday party at work is on the 19th from 7 pm to midnight... and at midnight it'll be the 20th, which is my birthday! So that'll be pretty cool.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I am in NY!

Bus ride took 7 hours instead of 4.5 hours but it's all good. Today was a rather chill day. Just got an air mattress from Kmart and ate at Panera. Then just chilled at my friend's apartment. Tomorrow, we're gonna check out the Statin Island Ferry, World Trade Center, and some other stuff. Also gonna watch The Life of Pi, looks like an interesting movie. So yea, I'm excited for more fun in NY!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I'm back in VA after a nice trip in NY. Ended up going to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Bryant Park, Staten Island Ferry, and other places. Had a good time hanging with my friend and it was nice just getting away from everything. Also did plenty of shopping. Got a purple Yoshi plush keychain for my sister, a Kirby plush keychain for my other sister, and a plush Koopa, Luigi keychain, and Pikmin t-shirt for myself from Nintendo World. Also got Harry Potter's wand for myself and a Hedwig keychain for my sister from the gift shop for Harry Potter: The Exhibition (which was awesome by the way). And I found a shop named Image Anime that had a bunch of stuff from Japan, including lots of Super Sentai stuff (Super Sentai being what Power Rangers is adapted from). So I ended up buying some Super Sentai stuff from there, which was cool.

Got back home yesterday, and then it was back to work today. Work wasn't bad, I was just still a bit tired. Ended up taking a little nap when I got home as well today. Now just gotta get back into the groove of things. I'll be working Monday-Friday now basically, which will keep me busy. But also, reviewing various Power Rangers Megaforce merchandise in my free time and playing more Wii U which should be fun. So yea, that's that. Looking forward to the rest of winter break.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So what's happened in the past few days? Not too much really. Friday I had work which was really busy, but it was a good day. Successfully managed to keep my distance from that girl all day. Said good morning when I got there and have a good weekend when I left, and that was it. The weekend was okay as well. I did go watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in HFR IMAX 3D on Sunday... second IMAX 3D movie I've seen (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 being the other). I really enjoyed it. The HFR stuff took a bit of getting used to, but I really liked it and I thought it looked great. The preview for Star Trek Into Darkness was awesome as well, definitely excited for that movie also.

Then yesterday I went to work. Not a bad day. About halfway through the day, that girl tapped me on the shoulder and cautiously asked me how my trip to NY was. She of course knew I was keeping the talking to her at a minimum and you could tell from her face that she wasn't sure if she should be asking me, but she did. So we briefly talked, not much. A couple times throughout the day, we had some brief conversations. But nothing crazy happened, and so that was good. I think all this time keeping my distance is helping. The mention of her boyfriend doesn't bug me as much anymore. I just need more time, and as long as things continue the way they are, it'll all be good.

For New Years Eve, I went out with my family for dinner since it's my parents anniversary on New Years. That was actually not bad, I had a good time. Then went home and started to watch the New Years stuff on TV. At around 10:30 or so, I left my room to see what everyone else was up to and spend time with them... only to find out everyone was asleep or getting ready to sleep. So much for that. But I stayed up and it was all good. Today I slept in and just chilled. Played some Assassin's Creed III, watch some TV, etc. Just relaxed. Heading back to work tomorrow, back to the usual routine.

The next few weekends should be fun though. This Saturday, a bunch of the nurses at work are going out for dinner to celebrate one of their graduations recently. I was invited as well, and I think I'm going to go. I was debating it at first cause that girl will probably be going as well since she's a nurse, but then I thought screw it. I'm friends with the others and I'm not going to let that other stuff get in the way. It's going to be like ten girls or so, and me... so it'll definitely be interesting. But I'm sure it'll be fun so might as well go. The following weekend I'll be headed to Richmond to visit some friends. And the weekend after that is our company holiday party and my birthday the next day. Speaking of which... the upcoming Yellow Megaforce Power Ranger tweeted me saying we're birthday twins since we have the same birthday. Thought that was neat.

So that's what's up lately. I'm excited for 2013, time for some new adventures.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So, I decided to start a VLOG. Just because. Here it is, hope it's not too boring:

EDIT: So I've watched my own VLOG a few times, just cause I know I'm critical of my own stuff and I wanted to see what I thought. I'm pretty proud of it, and I think it was a good start. I had some coworkers comment on Facebook that they loved it. And I've gotten feedback on YouTube and Twitter saying they liked it. So I'm happy about the positive reception to it. I will definitely be doing more VLOGS in the future.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So today was an interesting day. First thing I had to do was take our van for the safety inspection, which took like 2 hours total cause there was a long line. Afterwards, I relaxed for a little while... until my dad started fussing at me to scan some old photos we had with this magic wand scanner thing. Problem is, the scanner is broken cause it dies like right away when you try to scan something... even with new batteries. My dad's response is to try and quickly scan whatever I can and keep taking the batteries in and out (as that makes it last for another second, long enough for like one more scan each time). It's quite a long story with all the details, but all I'll say is that my dad ended up calling me a dumb***, which is the first time in my life he's cussed me out.

He kept telling me to get new batteries to try, yet we already tried three pairs of new batteries so it was pretty obvious the scanner was messed up. So since I wasn't listening, he got frustrated and cussed me out. Normally after we have an argument, it eventually calms down a bit and I have to listen to him lecture about something. But this time, no lecture. Maybe he felt bad about the name calling, who knows. Either way, I stood my ground and got through the stupid scanning stuff. So that's taken care of finally.

Anyways, after that whole incident I relaxed for a bit more. And then it was off to dinner with the coworkers. We were celebrating one of the nurse's recent graduation and her birthday as well. It was me and 7 girls basically so that was interesting lol. Almost all nurses and one front desk employee. Luckily, that girl couldn't come so I didn't have to worry about that... not that it really mattered, I would have enjoyed myself regardless. But it was nice not having to think about anything like that. But we had a good time and I had fun. It's always nice spending time with my coworkers, they're awesome.

So that's today. Tomorrow I don't have much going on, probably heading to my grandparents house like I do most Sundays for a few hours. And then Monday it's back to work.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Today was a pretty crappy day overall. I had work today and it was very busy... which is not bad actually, I don't mind it being busy. But it was overwhelming at times and kind of stressful. Plus I'm starting to get anxiety over school starting again Monday... I'm so not ready for it. I need a longer break or something. And on top of all that, my grandfather got the flu and is starting to develop pneumonia, so I went to the hospital after work to spend a few hours there with him in case he needed anything.

And this may sound kind of sad or whatever... but that girl is still on my mind. I don't know what it was about today, nothing special happened. But I just felt really crappy about it today. Maybe it's because she was around me more today but I wasn't talking much to her. So it just reminded me of that whole situation and it sucked. I know. I need to move on. I guess I've just been dealing with self-esteem issues for a long time and while I feel like I've greatly improved upon that over the years, this kind of thing is a reminder of my self-esteem being hurt. And the problem is, I can't get away from her which makes it more challenging since we're coworkers. Imagine being lied to by a girl you like, which makes you question all the good things she ever said about you (did she mean them or did she say them to make me happy?)... and then you can't get away from her. That's what it's like for me.

I'll be fine. Just gotta work harder at keeping my distance, even at work if possible. The holiday party at work is coming up, which is where this whole thing started last year, so that's also a reminder for me. But I'm going to try harder to move on and get on with my life. I need to.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I stayed the night at my grandparents house last night, kept my grandmother company. She's sick as well and with my grandfather in the hospital, she needed someone there to help her. So I did FaceTime with her daughter and grandchildren in California to cheer her up. Then I booted up Wii U and showed her some stuff. So it kept her occupied, which was good.

Then today was a busy day at work. I'm dealing with that girl stuff okay. I did talk to another nurse about it and she understood my annoyances. She also agreed that the girl didn't need to flaunt around the fact that she's in a relationship. But whatever. Busy day, and traveled back and forth between some of our offices as well. But overall it was a good day. Went home and said happy birthday to my sister and stuff.

Then I packed up and went back to my grandmother. Ended up watching some of my favorite Bollywood movie, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. I've only seen a few Bollywood movies anyways. But my grandmother really likes that movie too and that kept her occupied. Part of it is that she gets anxiety and panics and feels worse than she is sometimes. Like when I got to her house, she said she had a 101 fever and was scared and feeling miserable. I had her check her temperature again and it was 99, and suddenly she was saying she was feeling better and no more panicking the rest of the evening.

So I think she just needs someone around to reassure her it's going to be okay. She is sick though, and hopefully she gets better soon. I'll probably be back here tomorrow night as well. But first, I have work tomorrow during the day. Hopefully it's a good day!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
My grandfather is back at home from the hospital. Still not feeling well, but better than before. Same with my grandmother. Things have been busy this week... had a lot of stuff to do at work. Meeting with other companies to see their electronic medical record systems. Planning possible trips across the state and even out of state to see other systems. Going to our new location being constructed to see where all the computers and everything will go. Things like that. So it's been busy, but good.

I also put up my second VLOG. This one is on New Year's Resolutions, so check it out:

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Richmond to hang out with some friends. Haven't seen them since last January so I can't wait to see them! And then Monday, it's back to school. So lots of stuff going on, hopefully everything goes well.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Went to Richmond today and hung out with friends, had a good time! No traffic on the way there or back, which was great. Only took 2 hours one way. First went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and checked out the Chihuly exhibit, which had a lot of cool glass artwork. Recorded a brief VLOG there as well:

Then grabbed lunch and went bowling, which was fun. After that, I said goodbye and I was off... but not before checking a nearby Target for anything Power Rangers Megaforce related. And success! Finally found the Lion Mechazord, which I had been searching for everywhere. Headed back home and here I am. Not doing too much tomorrow, just going to my grandparents house like most Sundays. And then Monday is school time. Not looking forward to that, but hopefully things go okay.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
My latest VLOG, "Things You Might Not Know About Me":

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So the company holiday party happened. I was super excited for it... it was gonna be the highlight of the beginning of the year. Last year's party was a blast and this year we had a record turnout. But... I left overall rather disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun. It was great seeing everyone and just having a good time. But first off, I couldn't find any tables free to sit with the people I'm close with at work. I sat with some other coworkers, but it wasn't the same. Then we had this murder mystery thing and of course I was picked in my table to be a part of it. This turned out to be really weird... it was very confusing as to what we had to do and when. I also had to put on this crazy wig that was annoying. And it dragged on for a while, and I got bored of it.

There was one part where this lady as part of the show sat me down in a chair and interviewed me as a suspect in this murder. My character was shy around women and I liked this other girl. So the lady sat me down in the chair and tried to seduce me. She started massaging me and even sat in my lap... but I just stammered all confused when she asked me questions since my character had to be shy around women. Then they had this guy stick his butt in my face and asked if my character liked that. It was just really weird to play and I didn't know what to do. So not only was I embarrassed with the wig, but that was embarrassing. And to top it off, I got the award from the show people for the "Most Sexually Confused"... I was just trying to play my character but I had no clue what to do.

After all that, the music started.... that's what I was really waiting for. But the DJ sucked. From what I heard, there was a mix-up or something, so they found some random friend to DJ at the last second. And most of the songs played you couldn't really dance to. One thing I was worried about was about that nurse that I used to like... I didn't know how I'd feel about all that. She did look good, but I was completely turned off by her wild and crazy dancing. I don't know what happened to her, but she looked like she was crazy drunk or something... which I'm sure she wasn't, but still. It just reassured me that I'm glad things worked out for the better.

So yea, lots of disappointments. But at the very end, some people stayed and counted down to midnight with me for my birthday. We even grabbed a random candle from the golf club we were at and I blew it out, and they sang happy birthday. That was probably the highlight of the night. Overall, I did still have fun at the party. It just greatly disappointed compared to last year.

Now it's my birthday! And I'm not really excited for it... I'm not really doing anything. None of my good friends are around this area, so can't hang out with them. I was thinking a bunch of my friends from work would stay until midnight and wish me happy birthday... and that's really all I cared about. If I'm with friends or people that care about me, that's all I can ask for. But a bunch of them just left without saying a word. They were saying a few days ago at work that we'd have fun and celebrate my birthday at the party, but guess not. So yea, nothing really to look forward to today. This weekend is becoming rather disappointing.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So things have been good overall. Still dealing with stuff that I've been dealing with for months. If you've read the VLOG, you'll know what I'm talking about. But other than that, things have been good. School hasn't been too bad. Work has been pretty interesting. Oh, and my birthday turned out okay. The day after my birthday, my sisters took me out shopping and for dinner, which was nice.

Oh yea, and I recorded a new VLOG! I guess I didn't post my other one here either, so I'll post that too. First up is a VLOG I did a few days ago talking about things people may not know about me:

And just posted a VLOG talking about the soundtrack to my life for 2012... basically, the songs I listened to the most last year. If you want to see me act like a total fool, check it out:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
Oh yea, and I recorded a new VLOG! I guess I didn't post my other one here either, so I'll post that too. First up is a VLOG I did a few days ago talking about things people may not know about me:

Umm... viewtopic.php?p=167906#p167906 :smile:

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
DarkWish wrote:

Umm... viewtopic.php?p=167906#p167906 :smile:

lol whoops! I meant to say I did a VLOG (#5) about my birthday weekend that I didn't post. Here it is:

And speaking of VLOGs, just put up #7. It's called "Snow!" for obvious reasons:

And I recorded VLOG #8 already, it'll be called "Evil Quaker Parrot"... but I'll wait until Sunday/Monday to upload it. I show my little quaker parrot attacking me and even getting a good bite of my skin. Crazy little bird.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Here's that Quaker Parrot VLOG I was talking about:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next