It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two (Wii U & Wii) 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two (Wii U & Wii)
I'm guessing it's mostly the same game and figured to create a topic for this.

I have the Wii version, but I'm guessing it may be an issue on the Wii U version as well.

I began the game and got stuck within the first few areas. If anyone has it feel free to help me out:

Spoiler: show
Basically I got stuck in the room after you get Oswald's Remote. It tells you to use Oswald to trigger the machine with B. My problem is that I'm Mickey and I couldn't find a control button to change to Oswald. I didn't think 2 player was required, if so it majorly reduces my interest in the game. Basically Oswald just stands in front of the machine unless I call him over somewhere else in the room. I've tried painting and thinning nearly everything in the room, and I got a warning about thinning a particular machine and damaging it. It seems I'm locked unless I use a second player so if anyone else is going solo a hint would be appreciated.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:05 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two (Wii U & Wii)
I told you his AI stinks, I mean it's quite unimpressive. I'm trying to picture the room you are stuck in....I believe Oswald is standing in front of a machine and he's supposed to activate it, but he just stand there, right? If so, look up above the machine and see if their is a pipe you need to paint in. I believe this will help you pass the section. As I said in my text last night, I am quite certain you are not able to take control of Oswald in single player.

Hope this helps. Even if it doesn't, let us know your progress.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I've not started it yet, Greg, but once I do, I'll let you know if I run into any glitches or problems.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
JHardin1112 wrote:
I told you his AI stinks, I mean it's quite unimpressive. I'm trying to picture the room you are stuck in....I believe Oswald is standing in front of a machine and he's supposed to activate it, but he just stand there, right? If so, look up above the machine and see if their is a pipe you need to paint in. I believe this will help you pass the section. As I said in my text last night, I am quite certain you are not able to take control of Oswald in single player.

Another 1.5 hours sank, haven't left the room. At the 45 minute mark I decided to start the game over with a new save file. Obviously made it back there quickly and still having the issue. I thought I've painted the entire machine now (and above it), the other machine that is not powered on and the one that is on. I've attempted to electrify both of the off machines. When I was controlling Oswald (I've now connected a second controller in attempt to solve it myself), Gus said to hit 2 electrodes at the same time. I have no idea what these are or how to do this. I got this from shooting a light bulb like structure on one of the machines, and as far as I can tell it's the only one on there. There is a panel that lets me hit A, but nothing happens. I even coordinated both controllers to hit the button when Oswald was aiming at this bulb like device. Still nothing.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Gamer Greg wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:

Another 1.5 hours sank, haven't left the room. At the 45 minute mark I decided to start the game over with a new save file. Obviously made it back there quickly and still having the issue. I thought I've painted the entire machine now (and above it), the other machine that is not powered on and the one that is on. I've attempted to electrify both of the off machines. When I was controlling Oswald (I've now connected a second controller in attempt to solve it myself), Gus said to hit 2 electrodes at the same time. I have no idea what these are or how to do this. I got this from shooting a light bulb like structure on one of the machines, and as far as I can tell it's the only one on there. There is a panel that lets me hit A, but nothing happens. I even coordinated both controllers to hit the button when Oswald was aiming at this bulb like device. Still nothing.

Will you take a picture or video and post it here? I'd like to see the area exactly, I want to make sure I'm thinking of the correct room. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:06 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
JHardin1112 wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:

Will you take a picture or video and post it here? I'd like to see the area exactly, I want to make sure I'm thinking of the correct room. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble.

Sure I can give that a shot possibly tonight.

Pretty much you acquire Oswalds Remote from a room with Thinner all over the ground. You then jump across it and it enter an elevator chamber. It requires both Mickey and Oswald to turn the dial together. Then you arrive at this large circular room. There's a scene with Oswald zapping one of the machines on. There are 3 machines in this room, 1 was powered on, 1 that Oswald stands in front of, and 1 other machine that is off, but has a pipe with steam coming out that you get warned if you thin it that it would damage the machine and won't be able to get full power. Also, there is a chest in the room that can only be opened using Oswald's remote. Above the machine that is on, there is a second level platform with 2 chests and a machine running. In the center of the room is an arm like structure that doesn't appear to do anything. All 3 machines are relatively evenly spaced in this circular room.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Okay, I think this is the same room I had trouble in, but I'd still like a pic to verify. I have friends coming over tonight, a busy day tomorrow and I'll be at Seaworld on Sunday, so I probably won't get the chance to look into this again until Monday or Tuesday. As soon as I get a chance I'll look into it.

All I can say is that if this is the same room I had trouble in, it took me several minutes to even figure it out. If I remember correctly, my issue was that Oswald's AI did not work correctly at first.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Glad you guys are having this trouble before me, so I can learn from it. Ha! Only halfway joking. :tongue:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
hattrick wrote:
Glad you guys are having this trouble before me, so I can learn from it. Ha! Only halfway joking. :tongue:

Why I oughta...

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Another hour sank in, still stuck :(

I did paint in the red pipe in the picture where he's looking more upwards. I'm thinking Oswald is supposed to do something, but he hasn't and won't. Even when I'm Oswald I can't figure out what to do.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Gamer Greg wrote:

I did paint in the red pipe in the picture where he's looking more upwards. I'm thinking Oswald is supposed to do something, but he hasn't and won't. Even when I'm Oswald I can't figure out what to do.

That sucks.....I really hope you can get past this room.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
JHardin1112 wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

That sucks.....I really hope you can get past this room.

Did you see the pictures I posted? Both on the board and tagged you on FB. I literally don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, since everything I do is apparently wrong.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
No help from MiiVerse either? Did you contact Disney Interactive?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:

I didn't know if it varied between Wii and Wii U, so I didn't post to Miiverse. I submitted to gamefaqs to see if I could get help there. I debated telling DI, but not sure if that's a good idea. Being stuck so early in the game is making me very frustrated.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:

I didn't know if it varied between Wii and Wii U, so I didn't post to Miiverse. I submitted to gamefaqs to see if I could get help there. I debated telling DI, but not sure if that's a good idea. Being stuck so early in the game is making me very frustrated.

Oh, I forgot you have it for Wii, not Wii U.
I've got it for Wii U only.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:

Oh, I forgot you have it for Wii, not Wii U.
I've got it for Wii U only.

I'm wondering if I got a bad copy of the game. I watched a "walkthrough" video on youtube (I really hate myself for having to resort to that), and the prompt that they got I did NOT get.

Basically Gus told "their" Mickey to pull on something in this room for this device... mine did NOT. I am going to wait 2 weeks and get my Christmas gift to prove it. That was ridiculous how my game is not telling me what to do. There's no "difficulty" setting or anything like that, so I can't understand why else I did not get the prompt.

The only thing I can think of is that it found that I have an Epic Mickey 1 save file (all my data was moved to Wii U). Maybe a slight chance it is getting messed up being played on Wii U? No idea.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Video capture device is live, recorded myself playing for like an hour. Split to 5 videos and they are uploading to Youtube. Calling my series "Greg Plays". I don't have a mic, so no additional audio recording, just full on gameplay. I may consider it though.

This is my first game as I will be posting links to the videos in my review for footage. Since having to had cheated through my part I was stuck at, I show a tiny bit of me pretending to be stuck in episode 3.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
I look forward to checking out the videos. How is the capture device - The visual quality? Easy to use or difficult?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
JHardin1112 wrote:
I look forward to checking out the videos. How is the capture device - The visual quality?

You tell me... this is a Wii game remember:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

JHardin1112 wrote:
Easy to use or difficult?

Capturing is super easy. Wii U cord goes to the "in" spot, and the provided "out" cord goes back to the TV. Then there is a USB that goes to the PC. One thing I dislike is that I HAVE to have the USB in or it won't output to the TV. So if I don't want to use it I need to unplug from the TV and re-plug in the Wii U to the TV.

The editing part is still a little confusing, the one you see above is me starting the game and the introduction up to getting the brush. I left all the story in there since I will likely use this clip with my review. I had a 30 min video and had to chop it for youtube standards.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]