It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce (20th Anniversary) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Power Rangers Megaforce (20th Anniversary, airs in 2013)
batmanjokergorden wrote:
In case anyone doesn't know most seasons of the power rangers including the very first few seasons are on Netflix. I watched the first seasons up to Zeo and I can believe I watched it so much when I was a child that I didn't miss one episode. I knew every episode that came on.

DRAGONZORD! (In cool Tommy's voice)

Yup! Seasons 1-19 are on Netflix. Season 20, Super Samurai, is not... probably because it's still airing currently. But all the rest are there. Definitely excited for Megaforce! Old actors are supposed to be returning, though it's unknown which ones or when.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
DarkWish wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:
In case anyone doesn't know most seasons of the power rangers including the very first few seasons are on Netflix. I watched the first seasons up to Zeo and I can believe I watched it so much when I was a child that I didn't miss one episode. I knew every episode that came on.

DRAGONZORD! (In cool Tommy's voice)

Yup! Seasons 1-19 are on Netflix. Season 20, Super Samurai, is not... probably because it's still airing currently. But all the rest are there. Definitely excited for Megaforce! Old actors are supposed to be returning, though it's unknown which ones or when.

Are you poopin me!??! Old Rangers! That's awesome!

WHITE TIGER!!!

Attachment:
tommy-morphing.jpg

I found this read pretty amusing...... oh well, I laughed my Arse off!
http://jbowmancantsleep.blogspot.com/20 ... april.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:15 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So we have some VERY interesting news!

First off, the toys have started appearing. I've bought all of the ones released so far and am uploading video reviews on YouTube of them.

Second, here's one of our only pictures of the cast together (this one is from Thanksgiving):

Third, we have news that they are now casting for a Silver Ranger. Two potential candidates are as follows...

Evan Crooks:

Peter Adrian:

They are both former candidates that were in the running for previous rangers. No idea how many people they are auditioning or when they'll make a decision. But they are casting for a Silver Ranger named Zador (tentative name).

Now here's where it gets REALLY interesting, and this is my main point. We finally have a bit of information on what in the world is going on in regards to what they're adapting. So here's the deal. Samurai and Super Samurai were based on the Japanese season Shinkenger. After Shinkenger, there is Goseiger and then Gokaiger. They stretched Shinkenger's adaptation over two seasons: Samurai and Super Samurai. They're not doing that this time. In 2013, we have Power Rangers Megaforce. And then in 2014, we have Power Rangers Super Megaforce (tentative name, but I'm going to call it that so we have a name for it).

Megaforce in 2013 will be based on Goseiger. 20 episodes and 2 holiday specials. They're using all the Goseiger suits and cards and everything. Gosei Knight was a helper in Goseiger, and he is named Robo Knight and will be assisting the rangers in Megaforce. Nothing crazy there. They're just condensing a ton of stuff into 20 episodes. Now here's where things get crazy. Megaforce is going to end with a huge battle with every single Power Ranger fighting the forces of evil. This is from Gokaiger, the next Japanese season after Goseiger. So Megaforce is based on Goseiger, but ends with a bit of stuff from Gokaiger. Got it?

Now it gets complicated. Super Megaforce in 2014 will keep the same five main cast members. They will remain in the Goseiger suits. However, they're going to be adapting parts of Gokaiger. Say what? Yea, it's a mixed Goseiger/Gokaiger adaptation. Goseiger suits, but elements of Gokaiger. We're not sure on the specifics here, except for one thing. In Gokaiger, they had the main five Rangers and a Silver Ranger that joined later. For Super Megaforce, we're getting that Silver Ranger from Gokaiger. The main five keep their Goseiger suits... but we're getting a Silver Ranger from Gokaiger. Weird. What'll happen to the five suits from Gokaiger then? Nobody knows. Will they be able to transform into previous Rangers like in Gokaiger? Nobody knows. Will old Rangers return on the show like in Gokaiger? Actually, that we do know is going to happen, which should be awesome.

This is not unprecedented actually. Anyone remember Mighty Morphin Power Rangers? Who doesn't, right? Remember how there were five Rangers and then suddenly Green joined in? Everyone remembers Tommy. And then he lost his powers and became the White Ranger. Did you know that the White Ranger suit was from a completely different Japanese season? The main five and the Green Ranger suit were from Zyuranger in Japan, but the White Ranger was from Dairanger.

Here's Zyuranger:

Here's Dairanger:

That's right, they took a suit from a different season and mixed it together. Even some of the zords they took from Dairanger. So they basically mixed adaptations, which is exactly what they're doing now. They kept the Zyuranger suits and switched out Green Zyuranger for White Dairanger. To fully understand, here are some pics...

Goseiger:

Gokaiger:

So to summarize... what I'm saying is that Megaforce is an adaptation of Goseiger. Then for Super Megaforce, keep those suits and switch out Robo Knight from Goseiger for Silver Gokaiger. That's really interesting and I'm excited to see what they're going to do with this! I love the Gokaiger suits and original storylines for Power Rangers are always a plus. What they're doing sounds really ambitious and potentially very interesting, so I can't wait to see how it all plays out! But for now, I just eagerly await Megaforce's premiere early next year.

Thanks to Megaforce Cast for all this info!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce (20th Anniversar
So season 20 airing next year is calling Power Rangers Megaforce. We had a tentative name for season 21 airing in 2014 and now it has been confirmed: Power Rangers Super Megaforce. Not the most creative name, but I'll live with it.

EDIT: Also gonna post some rumors. It's been confirmed that past rangers will return in Super Megaforce, and maybe in Megaforce as well... Megaforce does end in a season finale with all the Power Rangers after all. Anyways, we have the following possible four cast members returning...

Johnny Yong Bosch. He played Adam in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Zeo. Also big-time voice actor for a bunch of anime. Recently, he was in New Zealand with his band Eyeshine. Could he possibly have stopped by Power Rangers to film something? Honestly, I'm thinking no. Well... he very well could return. But I think this NZ trip is totally unrelated.

Jason Smith. He played Casey, the Red Jungle Fury Ranger. I believe he lives in New Zealand, but he recently tweeted that he has returned to NZ, so maybe I'm mistaken. Or maybe he took a trip elsewhere. Who knows. This is another one I'm not putting any faith in, but just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Jason David Frank. The infamous Tommy Oliver from Mighty Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, and Dino Thunder. The legend and most famous Power Ranger. He has confirmed many times that Saban Brands has contacted his agent and if they want him and he's free, he'd be up for it. While this isn't a total confirmation, honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't appear. So chalk this one up as likely.

So that's two rumors that are probably nothing and one that is obvious. The last is most interesting...

Erin Cahill. Pink Time Force Power Ranger. She recently tweeted a picture of her in New Zealand. Why is she there? Vacation? Quite possibly. But interesting that she is there during Megaforce filming time, right around when they'd be doing the big season finale with all the Power Rangers as well. Hmm... interesting. Again, this could be nothing. But I really hope it's true as she was one of my favorites! Best Pink Ranger ever perhaps? Heck, one of the best rangers and from Time Force, one of the best seasons. So at the moment there is no confirmation of anything, but I hope this is true!

One last thing. So I'm excited to see who possibly returns for Super Megaforce, and maybe even Megaforce. After all, the Yellow Megaforce Ranger played by Ciara did tweet about a special guest on Power Rangers pretty early on during filming. Only time will tell what all of this means, but I can't wait!

EDIT: Erin Cahill claims she was on a personal trip in NZ, not Megaforce related. Whether that's true or not, who knows... but my excitement has died down a bit now.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A bunch of the Megaforce toys are out and you can check out my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/HAVortexDude) for those. But I wanted to post a few pictures of the 4 inch figures since those are the main action figures of the toyline...

Megaforce team:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

Helmet designs:

I really like the helmets on the suits this year, pretty neat design. I also tweeted the cast individual pictures of their action figures. Got Ciara Hanna (Yellow Ranger) to retweet it. She actually follows me as well. I know they're not big stars or anything, and at this point the general public doesn't know about them, but it's still cool to interact with them like that. I've gotten responses back on Twitter from both Ciara and also Christina (Pink Ranger).

These are the rangers I've talked to online before through various ways:
- David Yost (Billy, Blue Mighty Morphin Power Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas (Rocky, Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger/Blue Zeo Power Ranger)
- Emma Lahana (Kira, Yellow Dino Thunder Power Ranger)
- Brandon Jay McLaren (Jack, Red SPD Power Ranger)
- Matt Austin (Bridge, Green SPD Power Ranger)
- Alex Heartman (Jayden, Red Samurai Power Ranger)
- Hector David Jr. (Mike, Green Samurai Power Ranger)
- Ciara Hanna (Gia, Yellow Megaforce Power Ranger)
- Christina Masterson (Emma, Pink Megaforce Power Ranger)

There might be others, but I can't remember. But it's always neat to interact with cast members of a show you enjoy watching, especially nowadays when I can interact with them while they're still filming and before it airs.

EDIT: Apparently we have another rumored cast member returning...

Alison MacInnis, Lightspeed Rescue Pink Ranger, tweeted a few months ago the following: "I did hear from casting a couple of months ago, but in the industry, that means NOTHING! Hoping so! Would be super fun!" So this means that we at least know she was contacted... whether anything comes from that, who knows. But that'd be great! We haven't seen her in a long time, so that'd be cool to have her return. I guess only time will tell.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have something potentially VERY interesting. Someone stumbled upon this photo (note that there was a dude in the photo that has been cropped out so they don't get in any trouble if this wasn't supposed to leak)...

Source: http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthr ... ost1049360

First things first... when the Hot Wheels set released and I was the first person ever to reveal it to the world, I revealed our first look at the mentor Gosei and this underground base that was this playset. This was the first time we had heard about an underground base, and just because the toys said it, didn't mean it was true. Having said that, it made sense and the above image seems to suggest that. So looks like they may indeed have an underground base.

But that's not the interesting part. Notice those little statues in the back? They look very much like Ranger Keys. What are Ranger Keys? That brings me back to the Japanese version. So remember... Megaforce is based off of Goseiger, and Super Megaforce is Goseiger but mixed with Gokaiger. Goseiger's "gimmick" was using Power Cards to transform and summon weapons and zords. Gokaiger's "gimmick" was using Ranger Keys to transform into other Power Rangers and power-up their weapons and zords.

It's been confirmed we're getting the Power Cards from Goseiger... heck, I have a bunch of them already from the toys. We didn't know what we were getting from Gokaiger, but just some "elements" of it and a Silver Ranger. But this image seems to show those Ranger Keys clearly there! Now, unfortunately, it's hard to tell what Ranger Keys they are. But what's really interesting is there is a Green Ranger Key! Goseiger doesn't have a Green Ranger... but Gokaiger does. So what in the world is going on?! I have no idea. This mixed adaptation may be much more mixed than previously anticipated.

All this confusion also makes me excited! This means they're doing something really creative and original with the series, merging Goseiger and Gokaiger in some way. So I'm very curious to see what they're doing. Can't wait for more info!

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you... the cast of Power Rangers Megaforce!

Okay, so this isn't our first look at the cast. We've seen them revealed at Power Morphicon and we've seen photos posted from filming. But this is the first official promotional picture released and it looks awesome! As you can see, the underground base is basically confirmed. We also see those "Ranger Key" like objects on the sides... maybe as a way to commemorate the past Power Rangers? Not sure, but looks interesting. Overall, great picture and I can't wait to see more!

UPDATE (12/15/12):
Not worthy of a new post, but Ciara Hanna (Yellow Megaforce Ranger) tweeted that today is the last day of filming for season 20, Power Rangers Megaforce. So they'll be headed back to the states for break. After Christmas, they'll resume for filming of season 21, Power Rangers Super Megaforce.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Lots of toys being released. I still need to track down the Lion Mechazord, the two weapon sets, and the two Retrofire Megazord toys. But... one of the biggest toys of this toyline is the Gosei Morpher. And Amazon briefly had it in stock so I got it! Beats having to hunt it down in stores. Should be arriving Monday, but I'll be in NY until Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing how that is with all the cards released.

Oh, and we have another official photo of the cast and they look great! Check it out:

I'm getting some serious Mighty Morphin vibes with the high school setting. The cast looks great and I'm excited to see them on the show!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
We have some tidbits of info, thanks to Rangercrew: http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthr ... ead/page49

First is that the initials of the high school the Megaforce rangers attend is indeed HCH. We figured as much from the photos, but now we know for sure. No idea what it stands for though.

Second, the way that seasons 20 and 21, Megaforce and Super Megaforce, will be integrated will be really interesting. Without getting into too much detail (especially since we don't have much detail) and confusing people, let's just say they might be mixing some villains from Goseiger and Gokaiger, two different Japanese seasons. Sounds like a really unique endeavor.

And last but not least, we have some big news on Super Megaforce. We saw the photos with the Ranger Keys in the background... and now it's confirmed. Ranger Keys WILL be used in Super Megaforce. No details on who will use them or how much or anything really. But they will be used somehow. Speculation is that the Silver Ranger will use Ranger Keys since he's adapted from Gokaiger, which used Ranger Keys. An inside source early on said that the Power Cards used in Megaforce will also be used to transform into other Power Rangers in Super Megaforce... however, no additional confirmation has been found on this and things may have changed.

The biggest news to take away from all of this is that in season 21, Power Rangers Super Megaforce... the Megaforce Rangers WILL be able to transform into previous Power Rangers, just like in Gokaiger. However, they will seemingly be in the Goseiger suits. And possibly use Power Cards instead of Ranger Keys to transform. Yet Ranger Keys WILL be used somehow, maybe for the Silver Ranger only. Sounds very confusing, and that's because it is. Seems like Megaforce/Super Megaforce will be a big mash-up of Goseiger and Gokaiger... which means it's going to be very original and that means I am very excited. It really sounds like something big is on the way for Power Rangers, and I can't wait!

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
WE HAVE A PREMIERE DATE!!!

No thanks to Nickelodeon and their blatant disregard for promoting the series, Yahoo has revealed that Power Rangers Megaforce will premiere on Saturday, February 2nd at 1 pm on Nickelodeon! Here is their article: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-powe ... 00936.html

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Do they reuse all the battle sequences from the Japanese versions or re-film them with the American actors in the suits?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
Do they reuse all the battle sequences from the Japanese versions or re-film them with the American actors in the suits?

A bit of both. Some seasons use more Japanese footage and others use more American footage. Samurai/Super Samurai was mostly Japanese footage for example... but from what we know of Megaforce, it's possible it may use quite a bit of America footage. Same with the Megazord stuff, although that is mostly Japanese footage.

UPDATE: More pics! First up is an official photo of the cast and Robo Knight:

And today the cast is in press meetings for Megaforce, so here is a pic of the cast in costume for that:

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I mean as little disrespect as possible, but I couldn't help but laugh when I looked at those 2 last photos back to back. They are actually doing well at looking tough without their costumes, but then they look kinda cheezy with them on. I apologize to DW and any other BIG fan out there, but I had to share my thoughts... Sorry...

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
I mean as little disrespect as possible, but I couldn't help but laugh when I looked at those 2 last photos back to back. They are actually doing well at looking tough without their costumes, but then they look kinda cheezy with them on. I apologize to DW and any other BIG fan out there, but I had to share my thoughts... Sorry...

Haha no prob, I understand. It is funny sometimes when you think about the contrast... they're superheroes trying to be all cool and stuff, but at the end of the day, they're wearing bright and colorful spandex. It's definitely cheesy, but I love the cheese lol.

And on the subject of Megaforce, the toyline has been absolutely insane so far! So much has been released already, it's crazy. Amazon listings keep popping up and half of the toyline has appeared there before any stores have gotten them. I've already reviewed so many Megaforce toys, and I've just ordered another big load of them... so I have lots of reviews coming up! Lots of exciting times for collectors like me.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
WOW! We have episode titles and descriptions for ALL TWENTY EPISODES of Megaforce already! Well, not counting the holiday specials. But wow, this is crazy. And they sound really good!

Here they are:
Spoiler: show
01. Mega Mission (2/2)
When malicious aliens make their way to Earth's orbit, Gosei decides to form a new team of teenage heroes to defend the planet and carry on the proud tradition of the Power Rangers.

02. He Blasted Me With Science (2/9)
The alien invaders send Scaraba, an alien scientist, down to Earth to study the human race and determine how best to defeat them. Meanwhile, Troy finds himself face-to-face with Creepox.

And beware...MEGA spoilers. Episode titles and descriptions for the remaining 18 episodes (minus the holiday specials). Air dates still to be determined:

03. Going Viral
When Noah has trouble lifting Jake's heavy weapon he begins to doubt his abilities, until he learns that believing in yourself is all that's necessary to get any job done.

04. Stranger Ranger
As the Rangers learn that concentration is essential to perfecting their Ranger skills, they are distracted by a civilian falsely claiming to be a Ranger.

05. United We Stand
Best Friends Gia and Emma are turned into bitter enemies by a vicious monster, Beezara. Meanwhile, the guys are captured by "queen bee" Beezara and turned into her drone slaves.

06. Harmony and Dischord
When a monster attacks the city with music that produces physical pain, the Rangers must fight back in an unorthodox way with a song of their own.

07. Who's Crying Now?
After Troy deals with some small-minded bullies at school, the Rangers square off against a more dangerous bully, Creepox.

08. Robo Knight
The mysterious Robo Knight joins the Power Rangers. Can he help them defeat toxic monsters that threaten the earth?

09. Prince Takes Knight
While the Rangers are unsure about how to work with the newly-arrived Robo Knight, Vrak captures the robotic Ranger in an attempt to reprogram him for his own nefarious purposes.

10. Man and Machine
When a shadow-stealing monster attacks, the Rangers must teach Robo Knight the power of teamwork in order to defeat him.

11. Ultra Power
The Rangers must find and retrieve a powerful ancient weapon known as the Wild Sword, but Vrak is determined to harness its power for himself.

12. Last Laugh
It's no laughing matter when Gia and the other Rangers are captured by a monster who feeds on human laughter. It's up to straight-laced Noah and no-nonsense Robo Knight to figure out how to work together and save their friends.

13. Dream Snatcher
A dream snatching monster preys on Emma and other humans, eating away their goals and ambitions. With one Ranger down, the team must figure out how to defeat the monster before Emma is lost forever.

14. Gosei Ultimate
When Bluefur and Bigs use the Aurora box to become even more powerful, Gosei and the Power Rangers must pull out all the stops to defeat them and save the earth.

15. The Human Factor
The Power Rangers encounter their first Robotic opponents, who try to convince Robo Knight that humans are the true danger to the Earth.

16. Rico the Robot
When one of Metal Alice's robots malfunctions, Emma and the Power Rangers decide to adopt it and teach it the values of friendship and freedom.

17. Staying on Track
The Rangers must race to save the day when Metal Alice plots to throw the city into chaos by derailing a passenger train. Meanwhile, Robo Knight comes closer to understanding humans when he meets a young boy.

18. The Human Condition
Admiral Malkor awakens from his cocoon stronger than ever and determined to destroy the Power Rangers.

19. The Messenger
The Rangers' victory over the Warstar aliens is short-lived when they discover Metal Alice has turned Vrak into a powerful and menacing cyborg.

20. End Game
When Cyborg Vrak, Metal Alice and the Messenger launch a vicious attack against the Power Rangers, it will take all their powers and abilities to save the earth.

Lots of interesting information found in there! I'll be updating the first post with all of this and whatever else we can gather from this information.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Big update! We have our first promo!

And Nick's website has been updated: http://www.nick.com/shows/power-rangers-megaforce

It includes character bios and everything. Gonna update the first post with all the new info!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The first episode airs THIS SATURDAY!!! And so it's time for some clips from the episode!

You can view the three clips here: http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-range ... n-preview/. The first shows the Rangers stumble upon the Command Center and they meet the little robot Tensou. The second has the Red Ranger dreaming of the huge battle with all the Power Rangers. And the third is the Rangers summoning their weapons.

Awesome clips! We get to see some acting from the cast and while it's very brief, it's not bad. We get our first look at Tensou, who reminds me a lot of Wall-E, which is interesting. We get like half a second of a glimpse at the Ranger Keys lined up in the Command Center and they look interesting. And best of all... you know that big battled called the Legend War in the Japanese series with all the Power Rangers? Well, we get a glimpse at it from the Red Ranger's dream! Seems he's dreaming about the future, since we know that's how this season will end. Pretty cool stuff!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
This poster was too awesome to not post:

I need a higher quality version of that so I can frame it in my room or something, it looks awesome!

UPDATE: We have a video of the morphing sequence! Looks like it's confirmed the morphing call is "It's Morphin' Time! Go Go Megaforce!" as you can hear in the video...

Pretty cool! Looking forward to Saturday!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
TOMORROW IS THE PREMIERE!!!

Definitely very excited. Also, the Bandai website is up! Best part is they have the Megaforce theme song playing on loop! It's finally been revealed and it sounds awesome! Check it out: http://www.bandai.com/powerrangers/megaforce/

Seems the theme song is the "Go Go Power Rangers" song again, but the Samurai remix version... along with some new stuff. Instead of "Rangers Together, Samurai Forever" from the last two seasons, it's now "Rangers Forever, Megaforce All Together". And there are some "Me! Ga! Force!" chants in there with the song ending in "Po-wer Ran-gers Megafooorce!" Sounds pretty good IMO, so I'm happy with it.

Definitely pumped about tomorrow! I can't believe the 20th anniversary season is happening already, pretty crazy.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The first episode premiered and it was AWESOME!!!

- I really like the cast. They have much more interesting personalities and much better acting skills compared to the Samurai cast.
- The mentor Gosei and his robot Tensou were cool too... and Zordon was Gosei's mentor! Nice idea there.
- LOTS of callbacks to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Sooo many references and many lines ripped straight from the first episode. But that made the fan in me smile and enjoy it even more.

I have lots of detailed thoughts, but I'll leave it at that. I really enjoyed the first episode, can't wait to see more!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So, we have more airdates. Looks like after episode 13, airing on April 27th, Power Rangers Megaforce will go on hiatus... likely until September/October, at which point the remaining 7 episodes and specials will air. That's a loooong break, but that's how Nickelodeon does things unfortunately. At least we'll get in 13 episodes before the hiatus.

As for the show itself, the second episode was great. Really liking the cast and so far things have been interesting. Can't wait for more!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So we are 5 episodes into Megaforce and I'm really liking it. Unlike Samurai/Super Samurai, a lot of fans are really enjoying this season so far. The last episode that aired this past Saturday was the 750th episode of Power Rangers. They didn't do anything special for it, nor was that expected, but it was a solid episode nonetheless.

New episodes continue every Saturday through the end of April. However, March 23rd there is no episode and instead on March 30th, there will be two episodes. This is perfect because the March 23rd episode was Robo Knight's debut and March 30th was about Robo Knight as well... so now March 30th is basically like a one hour debut for Robo Knight. So that'll be pretty sweet.

And last but not least, Super Megaforce has officially begun filming. They are about 1-2 days into filming so far. We know past rangers will return, so we're all on the hunt to see who may return. So far, the possibilities based on vague tweets or the fact that the casting department has talked to them include the following rangers: Tommy (Green/White Mighty Morphin, Red Zeo, Black Dino Thunder), Dana (Pink Lightspeed Rescue), Ethan (Blue Dino Thunder), Jack (Red SPD), Casey (Red Jungle Fury), and maybe Alyssa (White Wild Force). Far from a guarantee any of the will appear, but those are ones we are keeping an eye on especially.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So a lot has happened since my last update in this topic. First things first... the schedule of episodes has been changed around. There wasn't a new episode this past weekend, there is one the following two weeks, and then we're not sure. I'm trying to keep it all up to date in the first post.

Now for the big news... so I've talked about how they're adapting the Japanese season Goseiger for Megaforce and then Gokaiger for Super Megaforce. What we didn't know was how they were going to do Super Megaforce exactly since it was supposed to be a Goseiger/Gokaiger hybrid of sorts. Over the past few weeks, we have uncovered a lot of info. It started with me digging around Instagram and coming across a set picture that leaked out some info. And then slowly more and more leaks, more people revealing stuff from sources, and cast members putting pictures from set on Instagram. Basically, we now know more about what's going to happen. So here it is...

Power Rangers Megaforce is adapted from Goseiger. It uses Goseiger suits, zords, weapons, etc. They use the cards for their powers. That will continue this year and the Megaforce season will end in a big battle with all the Power Rangers involved. This will lead into the next season, Super Megaforce, which airs next year. The same cast will continue into Super Megaforce. They will continue using the Goseiger suits. However, they will gain a "Super" mode power-up which will basically be them getting the Gokaiger suits. Once they're in the Gokaiger suits, they'll use all the Gokaiger stuff: zords, weapons, etc. They'll use the ranger keys to transform into previous Power Rangers. A Silver Ranger (the one from Gokaiger) will appear. So basically the main difference is they'll keep the Goseiger suits (to preserve continuity), but then power-up into the Gokaiger suits. Sounds kind of weird, but whatever.

We also know that Cameron Jebo will play the Silver Ranger. And we know of two confirmed returning actors. Alex Heartman (Jayden the Red Samurai Ranger) will return. Jason Smith (Casey the Red Jungle Fury Ranger) will also return. Others will as well, but we don't know who else yet. So lots of awesome stuff on the horizon! I'll update the first post with all the latest info.

EDIT: If you want pictures. Here is Cameron Jebo, the Silver Ranger appearing next year in Super Megaforce...

And here are the two returning Power Rangers that we know of...

Jason Smith (Casey the Red Jungle Fury Ranger):

Alex Heartman (Jayden the Red Samurai Ranger):

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So, we have lots of news! First things first, Power Rangers Megaforce is in its hiatus period. Since the season only has 20 episodes, there is a massive break for a few months. We don't know when episodes will resume (probably early Fall), but we have 11 episodes and the two specials remaining to air this year.

Now, skipping on to next year's season (Super Megaforce), we have lots of news. As you know, Super Megaforce will feature the return of many different rangers from various seasons. Some of them will return in what we've dubbed "tribute" episodes where the former ranger guest stars in an episode and probably brings the Megaforce team a new Zord to use. The other way some will return is for probably a special episode towards the end of the season featuring a whole group of rangers, which might only be for one scene (they're only filming this massive cameo thing for two days).

So, here is a list of who is confirmed returning:

Jason David Frank (Tommy - Mighty Morphin Green, Mighty Morphin White, Zeo Red, Dino Thunder Black):
- Confirmed returning for group cameo scene

Selwyn Ward (TJ - Turbo Red, In Space Blue):

Danny Slavin (Leo - Lost Galaxy Red):

Reggie Rolle (Damon - Lost Galaxy Green):

Melody Perkins (Karone - Lost Galaxy Pink, Astronema - In Space Villain):
- Confirmed returning for group cameo scene (assumed she's returning as Karone and not Astronema)

Sean Johnson (Carter - Lightspeed Rescue Red):

Alison MacInnis (Dana - Lightspeed Rescue Pink):

Jason Faunt (Wes - Time Force Red):

Jason Smith (Casey - Jungle Fury Red):
- Confirmed returning in his own episode, not sure if he'll be in the group cameo scene
- Fun fact: He's now dating Ciara Hanna, the Yellow Megaforce Ranger on the season he is returning in
- Another fun fact: He's writing a few episodes of Super Megaforce

Alex Heartman (Jayden - Samurai Red):
- Confirmed returning in his own episode, not sure if he'll be in the group cameo scene

Hector David Jr (Mike - Samurai Green):

Brittany Pirtle (Emily - Samurai Yellow):

And now for the rumored/possible ones...
Austin St. John (Jason - Mighty Morphin Red):
- Casting tried to get in touch with him, but it's unknown if they did because last we heard he is overseas as a paramedic (I'm thinking he is very unlikely)

Roger Velasco (Carlos - Turbo Green, In Space Black):
- Posted on Facebook saying "Black is Back", but removed it; unknown if he was contacted or if he'll return

Tracy Lynn Cruz (Ashley - Turbo Yellow, In Space Yellow):
- Casting Director posted on Tracy's Facebook about her being the last one from her season; unknown if she'll return

Cerina Vincent (Maya - Lost Galaxy Yellow):
- Contacted by casting; unknown if she'll return

Mike Chaturantabut (Chad - Lightspeed Rescue Blue):
- Contacted by casting; unknown if he'll return

Steven Skyler (Antonio - Samurai Gold):
- Has been contacted to return, but hasn't decided yet if he will, possibly for the group cameo scene

And for the ones confirmed NOT appearing...
David Yost (Billy - Mighty Morphin Blue)
Walter Jones (Zack - Mighty Morphin Black)
Karan Ashley (Aisha - Mighty Morphin Yellow)
Steve Cardenas (Rocky - Mighty Morphin Red, Zeo Blue)
Nakia Burrise (Tanya - Zeo Yellow)
Entire Alien Rangers cast
Blake Foster (Justin - Turbo Blue)
Valerie Vernon (Kendrix - Lost Galaxy Pink)
Keith Robinson (Joel - Lightspeed Rescue Green)
Sasha Craig (Kelsey - Lightspeed Rescue Yellow)
Rhett Fisher (Ryan - Lightspeed Rescue Titanium)
Erin Cahill (Jen - Time Force Pink)
Jessica Rey (Alyssa - Wild Force White)
Pua Magasiva (Shane - Ninja Storm Red)
Sally Martin (Tori - Ninja Storm Yellow)
Jason Chan (Cam - Ninja Storm Green)
Brandon Jay McLaren (Jack - SPD Red)
Chris Violette (Sky - SPD Blue)
Matt Austin (Bridge - SPD Green)
Melanie Vallejo (Madison - Mystic Force Blue)
Richard Brancatisano (Xander - Mystic Force Green)
James Maclurcan (Mack - Operation Overdrive Red)
Samuell Benta (Will - Operation Overdrive Black)
Caitlin Murphy (Ronny - Operation Overdrive Yellow)
Rhoda Montemayor (Rose - Operation Overdrive Pink)
David de Lautour (RJ - Jungle Fury Wolf)
Dan Ewing (Dillon - RPM Black)
Najee De-Tiege (Kevin - Samurai Blue)
Erika Fong (Mia - Samurai Pink)

So yea, a bunch of great rangers returning, some great ones rumored, and of course many that aren't coming back. They can't bring back everyone of course. There has been lots of behind the scenes drama as well with this process... some actors aren't coming back because the pay is so little, others were never contacted, and one was invited and then un-invited due to budget reasons. Some fan favorites were not invited and some universally hated ones were contacted. For example, Rhett Fisher was the Lightspeed Rescue Titanium Ranger... the first ever original Power Ranger (not in Japanese footage, the suit was completely made for our show). He was invited and then un-invited. And then there's talk of Samuell Benta (Operation Overdrive Black) being contacted and he's universally hated because at the first Power Morphicon convention, he stole a banner with many of the actor's signatures that was going to be auctioned off for charity I believe. So lots of weird decisions and it's all very complex.

But out of the ones returning, there are some that have disappeared off the face of the planet (like Danny Slavin, Sean Johnson, and Melody Perkins) and yet they're somehow coming back so that's great. Most of the Samurai cast is confirmed back and there was rumors before of a Samurai/Megaforce team-up happening. Will that still happen? Not sure. But I believe it's in their contract should they choose to do that. And of course they got Jason David Frank, he's basically the face of the franchise now as Tommy. Sucks that they probably won't be able to get Austin St. John (Mighty Morphin Red) because he's probably going to be hard to contact. But this is not everyone, there are surely at least a few others coming back that we don't know yet.

So lots of awesome stuff coming in Super Megaforce! Can't wait to see all these former Power Rangers return!

NOTE: I will continue to update this post with the latest.

Last edited by DarkWish on Wed May 22, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Wow, this is pretty cool. One of the former rangers, Jason Smith (Casey the Jungle Fury Red Ranger), is writing a few episodes for Power Rangers Super Megaforce! We knew he was returning to the show and he is dating Ciara Hanna (Gia, the current Megaforce Yellow Ranger). But this is a first for one of the rangers to write for it! He's also a fan of the show and has watched some of it since his season, and he even watches the Japanese Super Sentai recent seasons. So that'll be pretty cool to see, can't wait!

Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next