It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
The Dark Domain (My Journal) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Dark Domain (My Journal)
Sitting in the library right now, trying to work on this essay but it's not easy. I did want to mention two things though while they're on my mind...

First, it's been almost a month I think since I hung out with that girl I liked. I've been dealing with my feelings during that time and I've mostly been able to put that stuff behind and move on. I thought it might be a good idea to meet up and study and both get some work done. You know, hang out as friends. I suggest the idea and she's all "absolutely". I then see on Tuesday if she's free to meet up Wednesday. She says she can't promise anything but she'll text me to let me know. Okay, no prob. As I say bye, she says see you tomorrow as if we are hanging out... so I'm like yea just text me to let me know and she says sure.

Wednesday goes by with no communication. Thursday is now over and nothing today either. I've seen her on Facebook and stuff, but no communication to me. So I'm kind of annoyed. Honestly, I somewhat expected it since this isn't the first time she's bailed on me, but it's still annoying. Sure she didn't say for sure we'd meet up, but no communication at all. I didn't bother contacting her because I'm rather tired of doing that. If she wanted to hang out, she'd let me know. So this whole thing is just further reminder that things wouldn't have worked out anyways I think. If she contacts me tonight, I don't know that I will respond. Not sure yet. I'll see her at work tomorrow regardless.

Anyways, enough of my problems with girls. The other thing I wanted to mention that was kind of shocking was my friend that was engaged just broke up with his fiance. Apparently she didn't think they were a good match and he loves her, but relationships are a two way thing so they ended up breaking it off. I feel bad for him... they were already planning the engagement and everything, and now it's off. I talked to him about it and stuff and he's doing okay. At least they ended it now rather than get married and have issues later. Still, it was rather surprising to see that happen.

So yea, that's what's been going on. And now I'm here at the library, getting distracted. Gotta get back to writing that essay. Must focus!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Getting LASIK tomorrow morning. Praying everything goes well. Shouldn't be too bad of a procedure, so hopefully things work out. Can't wait to be free of contact lenses and glasses!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got LASIK done in the morning. Not bad of a procedure. They just had me lie down and stare at this smiley face on the ceiling, while they put something on me to keep my eyelids from opening. Then I had to focus on this orange light which was the laser. No pain, just some pressure and I basically went blind for like 15 seconds or so, which they told me would happen. Then they did the other eye and same thing. And that was it. Took only 10-15 minutes and it was over. My vision was a bit foggy at the moment. Gave me some Valium which made me really sleepy, I couldn't walk straight lol. But went home and put in some eye drops that they gave me, and slept for a few hours.

Now here I am, awake and able to see just fine! Just feels like there is something in my eyes and it's a bit uncomfortable, but that's natural and should go away soon. Just have to keep to the eye drop regimen they gave me for a bit, and got a follow-up appointment tomorrow afternoon. So yea, nice and easy procedure. Glad it all went well and hopefully things continue to heal well.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Cool, hopefully it goes away soon so you can play games :).

I couldn't do it, I hate anything that touches the eye and I can't watch stuff that involves eyes getting poked or touched. I might be a candidate, but not sure. I've had glasses since the third grade and contacts since 7th grade. I really don't think it's a major hassle, more of a small inconvenience.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
Cool, hopefully it goes away soon so you can play games :).

I couldn't do it, I hate anything that touches the eye and I can't watch stuff that involves eyes getting poked or touched. I might be a candidate, but not sure. I've had glasses since the third grade and contacts since 7th grade. I really don't think it's a major hassle, more of a small inconvenience.

You know, I used to be like that as well. But once I got contact lenses and stuff, I started to be able to deal with that more. Plus, it's such a quick procedure that I wasn't really nervous at all.

And actually, the uncomfortable feeling went away a few hours ago. I feel perfectly fine now! Just got to keep taking those eye drops and not touch my eyes. So I'm pretty happy with it as I can see clearly and everything already.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post The Dark Domain (My Journal)
I'm glad to hear things went well! My girlfriend wants LASIK, but I was nervous for her, because she's pretty sensitive with her eyes, and gets really anxious for stuff like this. Though, it sounds like your procedure went super smoothly, so I'll have to relay your experience to her. I'm much more comfortable with her doing it after hearing how easy it was for you!

Also, congrats on getting it done! I've never had vision problems, so I can't relate to the improvement, but I'm sure the convenience will be huge!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
I'm glad to hear things went well! My girlfriend wants LASIK, but I was nervous for her, because she's pretty sensitive with her eyes, and gets really anxious for stuff like this. Though, it sounds like your procedure went super smoothly, so I'll have to relay your experience to her. I'm much more comfortable with her doing it after hearing how easy it was for you!

Also, congrats on getting it done! I've never had vision problems, so I can't relate to the improvement, but I'm sure the convenience will be huge!

Thanks! Yea, definitely very convenient and very quick recovery time. If you're young and healthy, that's the best time to do it my doctor said.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A few notes...

Had a follow-up appointment with the eye doctor. Everything going perfectly. Just gotta keep using the eye drops four times a day and have to wear these goggles at night when I sleep for the next week or so. Also have this red spot on my eye which is totally normal and apparently takes 1-4 weeks to go away. Have another follow-up appointment scheduled in one week.

On the subject of that girl, had a very brief conversation over text with her and said she never got back to me. She said she was sorry, and then also asked how I was doing from the surgery and sorry she couldn't wish me good luck for it. Just talked to her a bit about the surgery and it was late, so I said talk to you later and have a good night, and no response from her. That was two days ago. So yea, it's annoying. Will see her at work tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

And lastly, I'm super excited to finally see my favorite group Pentatonix in concert in just TWO DAYS! That's going to be awesome. Yea, I'm going with my mom but I don't mind. No one else I know wants to go with me and my mom kind of enjoys them too. Plus, I get along with her and she can be cool, sometimes. So that should be fun, can't wait to see them live finally!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Okay, very big update on that girl situation. I have mixed emotions about all of this...

So I've basically taken the time to get over her over the past month or so. Part of me still hoped that somehow maybe things might work out, but I accepted the fact that it wouldn't and it was time to move on. I had that set in my head. Time to move on. So I text her with something that I saw that I knew she'd appreciate and she thinks it's funny. Anyways, she says she wants to call me later and tell me something. So I ask if everything is okay, and she says yes. What could it be? My best predictions were something related to work or maybe she wanted to apologize for leaving me hanging last week basically. I don't know... but I wasn't expecting what she told me.

She's in a relationship with someone. She said that we're friends and no matter what, she wants to keep that friendship. And so, she wanted to tell me this before I heard it from anyone else and that she started seeing someone. I was not expecting that, but I told her we're just friends and so it's fine. No problem. And then we switched topics to asking if we're working tomorrow, which we both are. And that was it. So I've just been sitting here this past half hour going through a range of emotions, and I needed to type it all out to help me think through it all.

First off, I'm not disappointed. I moved on, I accepted that we're just friends. But I'm rather surprised it happened so quickly. I mean... how many months did we go on dates and then it never went anywhere? And suddenly, she's in a relationship with someone. Then again, who knows how long that has been going on for. It just makes me wonder. And I can't help but be curious as to who this guy is and all the details. But I know I need to stay away from that. The less I know, the better. I moved on and apparently so did she... just very quickly. I just can't help be feel a bit annoyed at that as well though. But then as a friend, I suppose I'm happy for her... or at least, I would be if I wasn't so surprised at this news.

Part of me felt like I should text her and just be like "hey, I forgot to say I'm happy for you, and you know we're friends" and blah blah blah... but then it's like why? I didn't do that because I feel like she was rather distant lately, but then again... now I know why. I just am so confused as to how to deal with all of this right now. I think the biggest emotion I feel out of this mixed range of things is just shock. And underneath that shock is annoyance. I didn't expect her to be in a relationship this soon... and that annoys me because of how much time I spent and it went nowhere. I'm not disappointed or anything, I moved on... but just shocked.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
I've only ready your last post, but all I can say is move forward and don't look back bro. You've heard the saying "There's plenty of fish in the sea....", what people don't realize is that sea is one big ole sea! TRUST me, people can understand that saying, but sometimes people just aren't patient enough. Not saying you aren't, just a thing to think about.......

Be nice when you see her, be courteous, say a nice thing about the weather or two for the day and keep going on with your day like you got something important to do.....because you do, and that is trying to make this day and the next as happy as it can be for yourself.

Come on these forums, get a hobby :gba: , keep yourself busy. Good things come to those that wait. Patience is the key my friend. :gba:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
batmanjokergorden wrote:
I've only ready your last post, but all I can say is move forward and don't look back bro. You've heard the saying "There's plenty of fish in the sea....", what people don't realize is that sea is one big ole sea! TRUST me, people can understand that saying, but sometimes people just aren't patient enough. Not saying you aren't, just a thing to think about.......

Be nice when you see her, be courteous, say a nice thing about the weather or two for the day and keep going on with your day like you got something important to do.....because you do, and that is trying to make this day and the next as happy as it can be for yourself.

Come on these forums, get a hobby :gba: , keep yourself busy. Good things come to those that wait. Patience is the key my friend. :gba:

Thanks, and I agree. I did see her at work today and we talked a bit, but nothing special.

But if you've just read the last post, you're not aware of the full story (and I don't blame you for not reading anything else, I know I type a lot... like, a LOT). But basically, we started going on dates since February but she didn't want to be in a relationship for multiple reasons... one being that we're coworkers. Okay, I get that. But she also said she doesn't have time to date, and that's one of the main reasons she gave me when I asked her to be in a relationship. She constantly lately has been complaining about how busy she is. And now... this. So I'm just annoyed basically. She basically lied to me. Before even though I was rejected, I at least felt good that she liked me and I understood her reasons. But now those reasons are hollow and meaningless, so who knows if she was lying to me this whole time or what. I don't know.

But anyways, I'm trying to not think too much about that right now. Just busy enjoying all the other good stuff I have going on in life.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
DarkWish wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

She constantly lately has been complaining about how busy she is. And now... this. So I'm just annoyed basically. She basically lied to me.

Well when a person does that, they are capable of doing it again. Always remember that.

But I am a firm believer in second chances though.......why? Cause I was given one a long time ago.............and I have been happily married ever since.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I saw Pentatonix in concert last night and it was INCREDIBLE! I wrote about it all here: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=11088. Still blown away by it, had such an awesome time. All of my annoyances and everything in life right now are out of my mind at the moment, just really happy to have been there. I'm sure some of the annoyances will return when I go back to work tomorrow because of a certain someone... but at the moment, I'm just really thankful to have gotten to see Pentatonix in concert and I definitely will look into seeing them again in the future!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I feel pretty crappy right now. Today started out just fine, but I went to work in the afternoon. I didn't know what to expect after all that stuff with the girl. Things started out just fine. I was eating lunch and she came and ate her lunch too. Made some small talk, like I asked her about finals and she asked about the concert I went to. I was fine with that, just chit-chat. But then later, this other nurse was joking around with her... I don't know the context of what happened, all I know is that the other nurse was saying that girl was love struck. Then that nurse comes and tells me that that girl is love struck, and I'm just like "ok, so..." and the nurse was like I'm just messing around.

It just reminded me of the whole situation and started to bug me. Then later, that girl is on her phone and apparently giggling about something, maybe some texts or who knows. I was around the corner, but I heard other nurses teasing her about the giggling. Next thing I know, that girl gets a phone call and starts talking to someone. Now, I don't know who that was... but from the way she was giggling and talking to this person, I am pretty confident it's her new boyfriend. And here I am doing my work around the corner, listening to her giggling on the phone with this guy possibly, and it really annoyed me. I don't know if she knew if I was there or not, but I got up and left and walked past her.

A few minutes later, I go back to that workspace and continue my work. I'm looking down at some papers and that girl comes and takes a sharpie and pretends like she's gonna mark my hand with it or something. Like, she's trying to fool around and have fun. I just move my hand away and she walks away. I didn't even look up or anything, just continued my work. Not much later, it was time to leave. I said have a good weekend to a group of nurses, including that girl, as I left. Didn't look over in that direction though.

This whole thing is just really annoying. I'm not trying to be in a relationship with her, I've moved on from that. But it hurts me. It hurts knowing that I spent months and nothing happened, and yet somehow she's quickly in a relationship. It hurts that she lied to me about being too busy for a relationship. All of this stuff just still hurts, and it was just frustrating at work hearing her talk to this person on the phone like that. I know I need to find someone else and move on. But it feels like this whole year meant nothing to her, at least that's the impression I'm getting.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Today is not my day. AT ALL.

First off, woke up still bummed about that whole girl situation. Kind of shattered my confidence, even though I know it shouldn't. Just trying to deal with all of that still.

Then, I have a lot of cleaning and stuff to do. I need to do my laundry, clean my room, organize some stuff, etc. This part is sort of my fault since I've been putting it off... but it has to be done today since the maid is coming tomorrow (she comes like once every 2-3 months), which apparently means we have to clean. Go figure. And I have to change my toilet seat with a new one today. Why today? Because I just have to. It's an emergency apparently. And some mouse traps have to be set by me. Yes, me of course. The person with finals coming up and other stuff to do. Not my dad who is sitting there watching football. It's all about priorities, right?

And then to add on to that stress, I need to use my laptop but it needs to be plugged in cause the battery is crap. There are no available outlets in my room. There are a few that my dad isn't using like for his laptop, which is just plugged in and sitting there, closed. But he refuses to let me unplug those things. Instead, I have to unplug by Nintendo stuff, as he put it. It just really irritates me that I consistently have to make concessions as to what I can and cannot do in my room because of the stupid computer there. I told my dad I've had enough and we need to sit down and talk it out and figure a solution very soon. He just kept staring at the TV, probably completely ignoring me.

Look, I'm thankful for what I have. I know I've privileged to have more than others and I really am thankful for that. But my room is supposed to be a place where I can get away and focus completely on my own, without interruption. Adults need that kind of space from time to time. Even if my parents come in my room and are completely silent... just knowing they are there just completely destroys my focus. If it's my mom, half the time she'll be glancing over at me, being extremely nosy. And if it's my dad, at any point, completely out of the blue, I'm expecting to be lectured about something... because that's what he does. I just can't focus.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. There's no way my dad will ever listen and move the computer, so I'm seriously contemplating moving my room down to the guest room in the basement. It's not as much space, there are no windows, and there are other concessions to be made... but at least I'll be to myself. Problem is, I highly doubt my parents will let me do that. Having a guest room used a couple days a year is way more important than me getting my own room, I'm sure. Plus, they like to call me and make me do stuff at any time... and if I'm in the basement, they actually have to get up and come get me. And of course, that's too much work for them. So I'm pretty sure nothing is going to change because while I'm willing to compromise and move my entire room... they're not willing to budge for even a simple power outlet.

So between the girl stuff, how I have a ton to do, this room situation, finals coming up, etc.... I'm incredibly stressed right now. Trying to take deep breathes. I would love to get out of the house for a second to get my mind off of things, but I can't right now with all that I have to do.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
DarkWish wrote:
Today is not my day. AT ALL.

First off, woke up still bummed about that whole girl situation. Kind of shattered my confidence, even though I know it shouldn't. Just trying to deal with all of that still.

Then, I have a lot of cleaning and stuff to do. I need to do my laundry, clean my room, organize some stuff, etc. This part is sort of my fault since I've been putting it off... but it has to be done today since the maid is coming tomorrow (she comes like once every 2-3 months), which apparently means we have to clean. Go figure. And I have to change my toilet seat with a new one today. Why today? Because I just have to. It's an emergency apparently. And some mouse traps have to be set by me. Yes, me of course. The person with finals coming up and other stuff to do. Not my dad who is sitting there watching football. It's all about priorities, right?

And then to add on to that stress, I need to use my laptop but it needs to be plugged in cause the battery is crap. There are no available outlets in my room. There are a few that my dad isn't using like for his laptop, which is just plugged in and sitting there, closed. But he refuses to let me unplug those things. Instead, I have to unplug by Nintendo stuff, as he put it. It just really irritates me that I consistently have to make concessions as to what I can and cannot do in my room because of the stupid computer there. I told my dad I've had enough and we need to sit down and talk it out and figure a solution very soon. He just kept staring at the TV, probably completely ignoring me.

Look, I'm thankful for what I have. I know I've privileged to have more than others and I really am thankful for that. But my room is supposed to be a place where I can get away and focus completely on my own, without interruption. Adults need that kind of space from time to time. Even if my parents come in my room and are completely silent... just knowing they are there just completely destroys my focus. If it's my mom, half the time she'll be glancing over at me, being extremely nosy. And if it's my dad, at any point, completely out of the blue, I'm expecting to be lectured about something... because that's what he does. I just can't focus.

So I don't know what I'm going to do. There's no way my dad will ever listen and move the computer, so I'm seriously contemplating moving my room down to the guest room in the basement. It's not as much space, there are no windows, and there are other concessions to be made... but at least I'll be to myself. Problem is, I highly doubt my parents will let me do that. Having a guest room used a couple days a year is way more important than me getting my own room, I'm sure. Plus, they like to call me and make me do stuff at any time... and if I'm in the basement, they actually have to get up and come get me. And of course, that's too much work for them. So I'm pretty sure nothing is going to change because while I'm willing to compromise and move my entire room... they're not willing to budge for even a simple power outlet.

So between the girl stuff, how I have a ton to do, this room situation, finals coming up, etc.... I'm incredibly stressed right now. Trying to take deep breathes. I would love to get out of the house for a second to get my mind off of things, but I can't right now with all that I have to do.

How old are you Darkwish? Whats your job, and what are you going to school for?....If you don't mind me asking?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:05 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Well, in a rather surprising move... I have been given to move my room to the guest room in the basement, if I would so choose. In a rather unsurprising move, my dad refuses to compromise. Here's how that part of the exchange went...

Dad: "I need my laptop once a week and this TV, that's it."
Me: "You need this computer as well. So why don't we make an office for you so that you can focus and I can focus and everyone is happy?"
Dad: "I need my work in this room."
Me: "You just said you only need the laptop in here once a week though. Doesn't it make more sense then to create an office for you rather than me moving my entire room?"
Dad: "My stuff stays here, I'm not going to the basement. If you want to move down there in the cold, go for it."

Well thanks, dad. Nice of you to cooperate. Problem is... he wants the TV there too so he can look at stocks and stuff while he works. So sure, he'll gladly send me to the basement. But I promise that if I do that, I will lose having a TV in my room. In other words, either I'm screwed by moving to the basement or I'm screwed by staying in my room. Either way, I lose. Thanks dad, you're so kind.

batmanjokergorden wrote:
How old are you Darkwish? Whats your job, and what are you going to school for?....If you don't mind me asking?

I turn 23 next month. I'm going to school studying Computer Science, and I currently work at a doctor's office working on their Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. And no, there's no way for me to move out of this house anytime soon. I wish.

EDIT: So I tried to go to my dad and honestly talk nicely and politely ask what he needed in my room. He immediately took offense to that and started yelling. Basically, it boiled down to he deserves convenience at this point in his life and the situation is what it is and I just have to learn to deal with it. He basically laughed at my frustrations and told me to grow up. And yes, if I go to the basement, I lose the TV because that's what he wants as well. The suggestion of using an iPad to view live TV was simply responded to with "I don't want to use an iPad, I want the TV, end of story." When I said I couldn't focus in this room, he said that I'm finding excuses and that's what weak people do.

So the result of all of this is I'm even more upset about the situation and nothing got accomplished. I asked to be treated like an adult, and the above is what I got instead. So the only solution I can think of is to just stay away from home if possible. Like, I'm basically going to go live at the library now. Hey, they have Wi-Fi, I can watch TV on my iPad somewhat... it's all I need. Granted, the semester is basically over... but next semester, I've had enough. I'm practically moving to the library and avoiding home if possible. I need to be in a productive environment, and my home is not that. Far from it... in fact, it's what stresses me out the most in life.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
DarkWish wrote:
Well, in a rather surprising move... I have been given to move my room to the guest room in the basement, if I would so choose. In a rather unsurprising move, my dad refuses to compromise. Here's how that part of the exchange went...

Dad: "I need my laptop once a week and this TV, that's it."
Me: "You need this computer as well. So why don't we make an office for you so that you can focus and I can focus and everyone is happy?"
Dad: "I need my work in this room."
Me: "You just said you only need the laptop in here once a week though. Doesn't it make more sense then to create an office for you rather than me moving my entire room?"
Dad: "My stuff stays here, I'm not going to the basement. If you want to move down there in the cold, go for it."

Well thanks, dad. Nice of you to cooperate. Problem is... he wants the TV there too so he can look at stocks and stuff while he works. So sure, he'll gladly send me to the basement. But I promise that if I do that, I will lose having a TV in my room. In other words, either I'm screwed by moving to the basement or I'm screwed by staying in my room. Either way, I lose. Thanks dad, you're so kind.

Maybe it's time to save up for another TV? Or at least one to replace the one in your room now? Is it terribly cold in this basement room? To me, yes it would suck to move a room downstairs especially if it's not heated well (not the best time of year for that), but if they kept needing my living space, I'd find a way to either get myself a good TV, or at least one to "replace" the one you want to take to your new room. I'd rather have the worry free living space where I'm not bothered constantly.

If it is pretty cold down there, would he offer to get you a room heater? I can only imagine how hard it is to try to enjoy space of your own and constantly have your parents coming into your room for things.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
Maybe it's time to save up for another TV? Or at least one to replace the one in your room now? Is it terribly cold in this basement room? To me, yes it would suck to move a room downstairs especially if it's not heated well (not the best time of year for that), but if they kept needing my living space, I'd find a way to either get myself a good TV, or at least one to "replace" the one you want to take to your new room. I'd rather have the worry free living space where I'm not bothered constantly.

If it is pretty cold down there, would he offer to get you a room heater? I can only imagine how hard it is to try to enjoy space of your own and constantly have your parents coming into your room for things.

As much as my dad says I need to be responsible, they have to approve any big purchases I make. My money isn't really my money. That's why I have to go to the bank and take out cash often, so that I can spend it on things without my parents bugging me about it. And I sometimes have to be careful of bringing things in the house when they're around. Any Power Rangers purchase I make is during the day when they're not home... otherwise if I came home with anything like that, it's lecture time about wasting my money.

So there's no way they'd let me get another TV. I can just hear my dad now: "You wanted to move to the basement to focus on your studies, so why do you need a TV? No, you're not getting one. Concentrate on school." Getting a heater wouldn't be a big deal, so I'm not too worried about the cold or anything. I wouldn't have as much space directly in that room... but being in the basement means I can put away some of my other stuff in our other storage rooms basically since I'd have easy access to those. There is a projector and this other old non-HDTV in the basement as well (not in the guest room, but in the basement). But the projector doesn't support HDMI so no Apple TV and no Wii U (unless I use older equipment) and no Blu-ray player (which won't have internet anyways since it needs ethernet). And also no cable box that's in my room, so no DVR and less channels.

So I don't think it's worth moving to the basement because part of what helps alleviate my stress is those entertainment things. So sure I'll move away from some of the stress, but I'd be more bored down there.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
On a separate note... that girl texted me a few hours ago asking how I was doing. I'm thinking to just ignore it or something, because if I start up a conversation, I know she's going to ask about that whole situation and bring that up. I don't want to be rude either though. I don't know... maybe I'll just text her tomorrow briefly and say things have been busy. I'll see her at work on Tuesday, although I'll be keeping my distance.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
DarkWish wrote:
As much as my dad says I need to be responsible, they have to approve any big purchases I make. My money isn't really my money. That's why I have to go to the bank and take out cash often, so that I can spend it on things without my parents bugging me about it. And I sometimes have to be careful of bringing things in the house when they're around. Any Power Rangers purchase I make is during the day when they're not home... otherwise if I came home with anything like that, it's lecture time about wasting my money.

What about continuing what you are doing with the cash, and say you 'found' the TV in the storage room? I know you have the youtube checks once in a while, aren't you able to cash those, or do they know about those and see them? You may be able to persuade them that you need a TV to continue with your videos, which in turn your videos are giving you supplement income.

DarkWish wrote:
I wouldn't have as much space directly in that room... but being in the basement means I can put away some of my other stuff in our other storage rooms basically since I'd have easy access to those. There is a projector and this other old non-HDTV in the basement as well (not in the guest room, but in the basement). But the projector doesn't support HDMI so no Apple TV and no Wii U (unless I use older equipment) and no Blu-ray player (which won't have internet anyways since it needs ethernet). And also no cable box that's in my room, so no DVR and less channels.

Assuming the above works with the TV, perhaps you can add another cable box and/or internet (ethernet). Can't you spin it that you need internet connection to do your homework (research papers!), so that would allow you to get the proper hook ups for that. If you can spin it that homework requires internet, and income requires TV, those problems might be able to be solved (easily?).

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
What about continuing what you are doing with the cash, and say you 'found' the TV in the storage room? I know you have the youtube checks once in a while, aren't you able to cash those, or do they know about those and see them? You may be able to persuade them that you need a TV to continue with your videos, which in turn your videos are giving you supplement income.

Assuming the above works with the TV, perhaps you can add another cable box and/or internet (ethernet). Can't you spin it that you need internet connection to do your homework (research papers!), so that would allow you to get the proper hook ups for that. If you can spin it that homework requires internet, and income requires TV, those problems might be able to be solved (easily?).

Hmm, maybe. I talked to my sister about it and she also brought up a good point that we have another HDTV in our sunroom that we barely use, so maybe I could just use that one. So really, the only downside would be no cable box... which I could just watch in the computer room if I ever have something on the DVR maybe. This is all assuming my dad was serious about letting me move rooms. I'll think about it and evaluate my options and see.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
One more thing I got to know before I can give a fair comment on your situation.....what kind of son have you been to your mom and dad since you were born? As in, what is your relationship with them? How have they been with you since you were born? How have you been with them? Always gave them trouble.....in school? At home? Just in a nutshell tell how you have always treated them and how they've always treated you.

Also, do you pay rent? Utilities? Help with getting food for the month? Anything you do other than just live their at their house.

Hope this isn't asking too much. I just want to understand your situation so I can make a productive comment. :smile:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
batmanjokergorden wrote:
One more thing I got to know before I can give a fair comment on your situation.....what kind of son have you been to your mom and dad since you were born? As in, what is your relationship with them? How have they been with you since you were born? How have you been with them? Always gave them trouble.....in school? At home? Just in a nutshell tell how you have always treated them and how they've always treated you.

Also, do you pay rent? Utilities? Help with getting food for the month? Anything you do other than just live their at their house.

Hope this isn't asking too much. I just want to understand your situation so I can make a productive comment. :smile:

No problem. Honestly, I'd like to say I've been a good kid for the most part growing up. Over the years, I've kind of grown apart a bit just cause I need my space. And as the years went by, my mom hasn't changed too much but my dad has gotten more strict. He used to play video games and stuff with me when I was little... but now, he hates those and is all about me getting my education. It's like all the fun has been sucked out of him. The only thing is that I did give them some trouble with school stuff in the past few years... grades were dropping in college and decided to switch majors at the last minute, so lost money and time that way. And lately I've often argued with my dad on stuff because he doesn't treat me like an adult.

Part of that money for college before was my parents and part was me. Same for rent and everything, they paid some and I paid some. So they often bring that up. But nowadays, I'm paying for tuition and all my purchases on my own. It's me, my two sisters, my grandmother, and my parents in the house by the way.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
About that girl, I felt like I should at least respond with something, but kept it brief. Just said things have been better, just been busy. Then said I'm gonna get some sleep so ttyl... that way she doesn't try to start a conversation like I know she wants to. So at least I wasn't rude, but at the same time I'm trying to keep my distance and not get into all that stuff right now.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next