It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Sequel to SM Sunshine for Wii U. 
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Sequel to SM Sunshine for Wii U.
I think it would be a great idea. I have actually a lot to say on the subject, but I too lazy to type on my iphone right now.

I think with the game pads controls, it could really add more to the experience.

Mario and peach take another vacation to Delphino island. Bring back and expand the water pack. Maybe Luigi comes for the ride? Wario too? Get the same team from the first to work on it.

Please discuss discuss.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Pokémon Master

It would be a good way to show off be abilities of the WiiU. Lots of water effects and lighting would be a nice touch in a Mario game, so that would be cool.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 am
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
Post Re: Sequel to SM Sunshine for Wii U.
That would be amazing, I loved playing super Mario sunshine for hours on the gamecube, they need a sequel

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Mario Sunshine was my least favorite 3D game, but if they did a virtual console that allowed gamepad support I'd consider it. I don't think it should be a sequel. I'm still waiting for my Super Mario 128 game first.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
Mario Sunshine was my least favorite 3D game, but if they did a virtual console that allowed gamepad support I'd consider it. I don't think it should be a sequel. I'm still waiting for my Super Mario 128 game first.

I assume you mean a sequel to SM64, not that crappy tech demo.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:21 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Yes the rumored actual sequel, not something else.

All else aside, the 3D Mario game will be awesome, even if it is a sequel to Sunshine. The GamePad will work well it.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Yes the rumored actual sequel, not something else.

All else aside, the 3D Mario game will be awesome, even if it is a sequel to Sunshine. The GamePad will work well it.

Thoughts on how that will do anything special?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I'm thinking it will either show a map (hopefully not) or the touch screen will be used to activate a power up. Kind of similar to the 'reserve' box in SMW, but more of a turn on when you want. They would last like the 30-45 second or whatever.

I'm thinking that the slide levels will involve moving the gamepad from side to side to steer Mario (like Crash Course on Nintendo Land).

If there's a Fire Flower powerup, I'm thinking the touch screen will be used with that to shoot the fireballs (like Ninja Castle).

If it is something like sunshine, I don't really see the touch screen getting used, unless it's like a zoom in on the gamepad and using the stylus to erase the paint on the gamepad zoom in.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
I'm thinking it will either show a map (hopefully not) or the touch screen will be used to activate a power up. Kind of similar to the 'reserve' box in SMW, but more of a turn on when you want. They would last like the 30-45 second or whatever.

I'm thinking that the slide levels will involve moving the gamepad from side to side to steer Mario (like Crash Course on Nintendo Land).

If there's a Fire Flower powerup, I'm thinking the touch screen will be used with that to shoot the fireballs (like Ninja Castle).

If it is something like sunshine, I don't really see the touch screen getting used, unless it's like a zoom in on the gamepad and using the stylus to erase the paint on the gamepad zoom in.

Those all sound gimmicky!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
Mario Sunshine was my least favorite 3D game

:shock:
You disappoint me Gregory.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 pm
Pokémon Master

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did all the posts go?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Ha ha! I enjoyed SMS, but I never completed it. I was really impressed with the water and lighting effects in SMS. I really could care less for Delfino island characters, but the levels and gameplay were very enjoyable. I always felt good playing the game, it just made me happy.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:

They got off topic I guess...

JHardin1112 wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Ha ha! I enjoyed SMS, but I never completed it. I was really impressed with the water and lighting effects in SMS. I really could care less for Delfino island characters, but the levels and gameplay were very enjoyable. I always felt good playing the game, it just made me happy.

Sorry, Batman. This game felt more like a chore to clean up Delfino plaza. I felt more satisfaction jumping into paintings, running around on planets and surfing the galaxies then spraying some paint with water. I also didn't care for the annoying F.L.U.D.D. voice, which went in the Navi direction. The worst was the random blue coins where you had absolutely no idea how to get them to appear, and there were way too many of them to collect. I liked the new hover and launcher nuzzles, but seemed a little limited. If you could use both like in Mudds (Grany mode), it could have added that extra platforming greatness. I also didn't like the revert back to get this Shine in this specific order, where in Mario 64, you could basically get 80% or more of the stars in whatever order you wanted. Galaxy sort of played like this, but I really enjoyed the unique power ups and running around on the planets.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:

They got off topic I guess...

JHardin1112 wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Sorry, Batman. This game felt more like a chore to clean up Delfino plaza. I felt more satisfaction jumping into paintings, running around on planets and surfing the galaxies then spraying some paint with water. I also didn't care for the annoying F.L.U.D.D. voice, which went in the Navi direction. The worst was the random blue coins where you had absolutely no idea how to get them to appear, and there were way too many of them to collect. I liked the new hover and launcher nuzzles, but seemed a little limited. If you could use both like in Mudds (Grany mode), it could have added that extra platforming greatness. I also didn't like the revert back to get this Shine in this specific order, where in Mario 64, you could basically get 80% or more of the stars in whatever order you wanted. Galaxy sort of played like this, but I really enjoyed the unique power ups and running around on the planets.

:???: I get what you mean, it had it's flaws. Though I'm very optimistic about those flaws being "cleaned" up in a sequel. There's always room for improvement. :tongue:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
:???: I get what you mean, it had it's flaws. Though I'm very optimistic about those flaws being "cleaned" up in a sequel. There's always room for improvement. :tongue:

I know Mario 64 has flaws, SMG has flaws, and SMG II has flaws, but I guess the flaws I saw in Sunshine seemed to be bigger things to me than the ones in those games. A Sunshine sequel can be good, providing it cleans up some of or all of the flaws of the first one. If they did make the Mario 128 (Mario 64 true sequel, not a tech demo), it could be burdened with tons of flaws as well.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]