It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Wii U - Info & Discussion 
5000+ Club

Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
That is not how I imagined the Wii U demo stations to look.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
That is not how I imagined the Wii U demo stations to look.

What did you expect? It has everything you would think it would in terms of the look.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
It's a good thing that I pre-ordered my wii u a month and a half ago because now GameStop, Walmart, and Target are sold out. Best Buy says there not but I think they probly are. Gamestops count down says; 11 days 5 hours 2 minutes and the seconds are going down fast! Building up anticipation!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Got mine! Downloading update right now. About halfway done. :smile:

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
Just leaving to go get mine! So exited!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Mine is between 75%-100% done with the update.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got mine, using it to type this. This browser is pretty fast!

Anyways, overall I really like it. Load times need to be improved, but it's a neat system. Nintendo Land is pretty fun!

Will post my special unboxing video tonight hopefully!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
My special unboxing video is up! Check it out: http://www.nintendofuse.com/?p=42975

I had some fun with this one, hope you guys enjoy :)

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
DarkWish wrote:
My special unboxing video is up! Check it out: http://www.nintendofuse.com/?p=42975

I watched it last night. Great unboxing, and very nice power rangers suit! :p

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
JumpingGirraffe wrote:
DarkWish wrote:

Haha thanks!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

DarkWish wrote:
JumpingGirraffe wrote:

Haha thanks!

Great, now I have to watch it, too.

By the way, if any of you decide you don't want your Wii U, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for you. Heck, I'll even do it for free.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 am
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
aw i have to wait till wensday or friday can't wait i might not be hear for a few days after i get my WII U the oh bye the way the WII U is not next gen PS3 and 360 are last gen WII U is the only next gen consele out hey eaneyone play WII U games yet no one has reviewed them yet exepte for sites like IGN but i don't trust those sites they troll so much oh and if you want to friend me my profile name on WII U is phantom so find me on miiverse or give me your profile name threw private message oh and tell me what you think of the WII U games you try so i know what to buy and what not to buy

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:49 am
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
After having my Wii U for a couple nights now, I've got some interesting thoughts about it:

Miiverse is ingenious. I know that the whole "social media integrated into your gaming experience thing" is hard to understand on paper, but in practice it works incredibly well. Yeah, I've seen a couple people drawing phallus imagery that gets deleted within a couple seconds, but aside from that Miiverse does a great job of keeping everything under control. There's a nice blend of gamers of all ages, who enjoy a variety of different things. Having the Miiverse on the home menu is much cooler than I thought it would be! If I see a post that interests me, I can click on it to see more, comment on it, etcetera. Playing Nintendo Land and seeing posts by other people who died at around the same place I did in Donkey Kong' Crash Course is quite amusing.

The GamePad feels great, and the screen is almost as gorgeous as my HD monitor (even though it's still only standard definition). My Wii U froze a couple times the other day, but last night everything was working smoothly and I had a great timie using it.

Nintendo Land is tons of fun, and I found that even the games that I thought would be boring and clunky (I'm looking at you, Octopus Dance and Takamaru's Ninja Castle) were surprisingly fun and easy to control. I didn't think I'd go back to them, but I have and will continue to do so!

The GamePad is like having an awesome tablet in the palm of my hands, but cheaper, restricted to a certain range of my Wii U, and with the ability to play far more interesting games than I could on an iPad or Android device. Luckily, it's set up in my room, so I can browse Facebook, gaming websites and YouTube before I go to bed. In fact, I didn't even need to turn my computer on yesterday.

Aside from the couple times the console froze, I have been very satisfied with my new gaming console. I never thought a company could be my soulmate, but Nintendo has come pretty darn close. xP

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Oreanta wrote:
After having my Wii U for a couple nights now, I've got some interesting thoughts about it:

Miiverse is ingenious. I know that the whole "social media integrated into your gaming experience thing" is hard to understand on paper, but in practice it works incredibly well. Yeah, I've seen a couple people drawing phallus imagery that gets deleted within a couple seconds, but aside from that Miiverse does a great job of keeping everything under control. There's a nice blend of gamers of all ages, who enjoy a variety of different things. Having the Miiverse on the home menu is much cooler than I thought it would be! If I see a post that interests me, I can click on it to see more, comment on it, etcetera. Playing Nintendo Land and seeing posts by other people who died at around the same place I did in Donkey Kong' Crash Course is quite amusing.

The GamePad feels great, and the screen is almost as gorgeous as my HD monitor (even though it's still only standard definition). My Wii U froze a couple times the other day, but last night everything was working smoothly and I had a great timie using it.

Nintendo Land is tons of fun, and I found that even the games that I thought would be boring and clunky (I'm looking at you, Octopus Dance and Takamaru's Ninja Castle) were surprisingly fun and easy to control. I didn't think I'd go back to them, but I have and will continue to do so!

The GamePad is like having an awesome tablet in the palm of my hands, but cheaper, restricted to a certain range of my Wii U, and with the ability to play far more interesting games than I could on an iPad or Android device. Luckily, it's set up in my room, so I can browse Facebook, gaming websites and YouTube before I go to bed. In fact, I didn't even need to turn my computer on yesterday.

Aside from the couple times the console froze, I have been very satisfied with my new gaming console. I never thought a company could be my soulmate, but Nintendo has come pretty darn close. xP

I agree with this... Miiverse is really neat. I saw someone in Assassin's Creed III was stuck in a spot I had trouble with, so I helped them out. Also asked a question about how to play the game in 3D and got a response within minutes. It's so entertaining just to go through people's posts and see their drawings and everything. It really does feel like I'm connected to a bunch of people even though I'm playing solo most of the time.

And the GamePad does look really nice! And it's so helpful to have as well. Nice having a nice, big radar on the screen during Assassin's Creed III. And I even discovered that I can use the GamePad as radar even while playing with the Pro Controller if I wanted to. And Off-TV Play is so nice for that game. It's nice to just be able to pick up the GamePad and do a few things every now and then without turning on the TV. I've found myself sometimes checking Miiverse or the Internet Browser and then putting it away. And of course, when you want to use the TV, it's so easy to turn it on with the GamePad itself.

I only had the system freeze on me once, but my one issue is the loading times. Aside from that, I've had a great time with Wii U so far. So glad Thanksgiving Break is here so I can play more!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
I've been calling Walmart and Target multiple times each day with no luck. One of the Walmarts near me said they were getting some in last night, I called this morning and they weren't on the truck. I've been trying to talk to the managers specifically since it seems as though the other employees don't have a clue or just don't care. Anyways, I'll keep trying. I hope to have one by next week.

I realized my laptop has an HDMI port, so I should be able to connect the Wii U right? I assume this is correct. Anyways, if so I know I will bring it in here at least once to play some of my review games since I get an hour for lunch and I usually surf the internet anyways.

Woohoo! As I was typing this I was on hold with the Walmart I mentioned above....the manager came back and said he got one in and he will hold it for me for a couple of hours until my lunch break at noon!!!!

Wii U! Wii U! Wii U! Ahem....okay, back to work for the next two hours. Must stay focused.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
That's awesome, Jeremy! Glad you got one. Is it a Deluxe or Basic?

Really liking mine so far. Bought my first eShop game, Nano Assault, and really enjoying it too.

Maybe it is just me, but despite the 1080p graphics, I tend to look more at my GamePad than the TV when navigating/playing.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
hattrick wrote:
That's awesome, Jeremy! Glad you got one. Is it a Deluxe or Basic?

Really liking mine so far. Bought my first eShop game, Nano Assault, and really enjoying it too.

Maybe it is just me, but despite the 1080p graphics, I tend to look more at my GamePad than the TV when navigating/playing.

Thanks! Oh, it's the Deluxe! I am going to leave here in the next 20 minutes or so to drive over there and pick it up.

I reviewed Nano Assault on the 3DS, really good game with excellent graphics! I bet Nano Assault looks so much better on the Wii U.

As for the Gamepad vs TV....I think I will end up looking at the gamepad a lot more than the tv, probably because it is a new device and I'll want to keep looking at it and using it as much as possible.

I am going to connec to WiFi here at work since it is faster than mine at home and download the update. I won't be playing too much with the holiday weekend and all, but I'll get you all registered ASAP as friends.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Awesome Jeremy! Glad you were able to find one.

I'm downloading Nintendo Land now so I can go digital. Fingers crossed my save works! If not, no big deal. But that would sweeten the deal.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Did anyone's Deluxe come with a code for Nintendo Land? I was trying to register it, and the serial wasn't working :(. I'm not asking for your code, just wondering if it came with one.

Might have to call Nintendo about that..

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
DarkWish wrote:
I'm downloading Nintendo Land now so I can go digital. Fingers crossed my save works! If not, no big deal. But that would sweeten the deal.

Let me know if that works, I might try it assuming I get at least $50 for Nintendo Land.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
DarkWish wrote:
Awesome Jeremy! Glad you were able to find one.

Thanks, I'm glad too! Unfortunately, I was incorrect. My laptop does not have HDMI, so I need to wait until I get home to do anything with the console. I thought that I could power it on and the Gamepad would display some stuff, but it only shows a message prompting me to change my tv output to the Wii U. Oh well, I could use to learn some patience :).

I will be busy this evening and need to spend time with my family. Tomorrow will be busy because we are going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, so that will be an all day thing. I am thinking realistically, it will not be until Friday that I really get to go hands on with the Wii U in depth.

I will make sure to add each of you and to post my ID. Have any of you guys done a video chat with each other? If not, I'd like to 'meet' you guys 'face to face' just once at least, if you guys want.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
The good thing, JHardin1112, is that you can do most things and play a lot of games without the tv once you get the initial setup out of the way.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
hattrick wrote:
The good thing, JHardin1112, is that you can do most things and play a lot of games without the tv once you get the initial setup out of the way.

Wait, so once I do the initial setup I could bring the Wii U into my office and plug it in and not get the message on the gamepad if it isn't plugged into a HDMI slot?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Yep. I am often messing around with it without the tv on.

By the way, I just got another call from Gamestop, and they've got one waiting for me. Off to buy it and probably resell on eBay. Gonna pay for my Wii U this way. Sweet!!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

NNID: Utsi1990
3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
Gamer Greg wrote:
Did anyone's Deluxe come with a code for Nintendo Land? I was trying to register it, and the serial wasn't working :(. I'm not asking for your code, just wondering if it came with one.

Might have to call Nintendo about that..

I just read on GoNintendo.com that the Nintendo Land survey will automatically be added to your Club Nintendo account a week or two after you register your Wii U Deluxe.

Here is the link: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191156

P.S.
Once the survey shows up for you, could you PM me the expiration date? If it's before April 2013 I might have to get a friend to open up my Wii U in Canada for me and email the console code.

Time Zone: UTC - 4 (Atlantic Standard Time)

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next