It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
NintendoFuse is looking for a NEW games reviewer! 
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post NintendoFuse is looking for a NEW games reviewer!
Hey everyone!

As you might be able to tell from the title, we here at NintendoFuse are looking for someone to help us play and review games for the site. We are looking for someone who is committed to the site, so we will not be considering anyone who has LESS THAN 1000 posts.

This is a volunteer position, meaning there is no pay (unless you count the FREE games.) Currently our need for a reviewer is on a limited basis, so you will only get games as you request them if they are available. However, as time goes on, if you prove yourself a decent and dependable contributor to the site, the games you receive may increase in quantity as well as quality.

Personally, I started out reviewing Yogi Bear and Babysitting Mama and now I've received Skylanders Giants (3DS) and many more games of higher quality.

If you have 1000+ posts and are interested in reviewing games for NintendoFuse, please reply here so we can work out the details. You will need to submit a sample review based on our review template.

Your task would be to play and review either Wii, WiiWare, 3DS, eShop, WiiU or WiiU eShop games.

Now, onto the good stuff. What does this mean for you? It means you can get FREE games and experience in writing reviews. Your reviews will get published to the front page and will be in the Featured section for a time. Also, your reviews will get sent out via Twitter and Facebook.

One final note - all submissions will reviewed and considered by ALL staff members before approval.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Pokémon Master

Post Re: NintendoFuse is looking for a NEW games reviewer!
JHardin1112 wrote:
We are looking for someone who is committed to the site, so we will not be considering anyone who has LESS THAN 1000 posts.

What if someone is a committed reader, but doesn't post? Would a blog with reviews and other similar content be sufficient to prove their commitment to reviews? I ask, not because I'm interested, but because that rule simply limits the potential applicants significantly. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone from within the community (DW is an obvious choice, if he isn't already on the review team), but it might be a good idea to open the doors to the outside as well. There's the possibility of bringing in readers of an outside reviewer who joins the staff, which would be mutually beneficial.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
@schmete
Yes, outside people may join our team in the future, and that is totally up to Mickey. This is our current reviewing team looking for someone who might want to do an occasional review for us but maybe not officially join the staff team. So, we came up with this list of "requirements" to start with. They may change over time, but this is where we are starting.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
hattrick wrote:
@schmete
Yes, outside people may join our team in the future, and that is totally up to Mickey. This is our current reviewing team looking for someone who might want to do an occasional review for us but maybe not officially join the staff team. So, we came up with this list of "requirements" to start with. They may change over time, but this is where we are starting.

Thanks for the answering that Hattrick!

@Schmete - Using your example, yes we would be open to an outside person who reads but doesn't post, but we aren't at that point just yet.

As Hattrick stated, we are just looking for someone to do an occasional review and potentially join the team down the road. Thanks for the suggestion though! I hadn't even thought of anything outside of here, but I know it is something we will keep in consideration if need be.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
I would like to try if thats not a bad thing?

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Pikmin Chucker

You know I gave this a little thought. I am interested in reviewing some games, I don't mind if it's the lower quality games. I'm currently looking for a job so this might be a good way to spend my free time. I've have been meaning to review some games I just have never got around to it.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:44 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Weave wrote:
You know I gave this a little thought. I am interested in reviewing some games, I don't mind if it's the lower quality games. I'm currently looking for a job so this might be a good way to spend my free time. I've have been meaning to review some games I just have never got around to it.

Great to hear, Weave! One of us will PM you soon with some details, questions, instructions, etc.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

hattrick wrote:
Weave wrote:

Great to hear, Weave! One of us will PM you soon with some details, questions, instructions, etc.

Alright, sounds good.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Viridi claws wrote:

Viridi claws, thank you for your interest but for now we are only accepting person who have a post count of 1000 or higher.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
DW is an obvious choice, if he isn't already on the review team

I did do a review or two, but with my limited time for gaming, I decided I'd rather just play the stuff I want and not have to worry about reviewing the game. So that's why I just focus on the podcast and the occasional article or video on the site.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Fire Flower

3DS Friend Code:
5455-9902-9993
I just joined but I bet I can spam 1000 posts by morning ;)

I graduated with a writing degree and I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I know this doesn't qualify me, however, you reading this is me planting my seed in your brains. My flower will bloom my new friends. You shall see. Bwahahahaha :evil:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Sambit wrote:
I just joined but I bet I can spam 1000 posts by morning ;)

I graduated with a writing degree and I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I know this doesn't qualify me, however, you reading this is me planting my seed in your brains. My flower will bloom my new friends. You shall see. Bwahahahaha :evil:

Hey Sambit, if you can hit 1000+ (non-spam) posts we'll at least give you a shot. Thanks for your interest.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
JHardin1112 wrote:
Viridi claws wrote:

Viridi claws, thank you for your interest but for now we are only accepting person who have a post count of 1000 or higher.

Oh, that's okay I 'll look for something else to do in my life.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Viridi claws wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
Viridi claws wrote:

Well... There is always this: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=7617

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
hattrick wrote:
Viridi claws wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
Viridi claws wrote:

Well... There is always this: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=7617

Ok were do I start ............... I think I'll do the games I have
.... have first in a topic.
Thank you Hattrick!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm
Bob-omb

NNID: Utsi1990
3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
Aww, is the 1000 post restriction a strict rule? Can I just create a new thread and post in it 1000 times (this is just a joke, I won't actually do that, lol).

I would LOVE to write reviews for you guys, but my post count is far too low.

Time Zone: UTC - 4 (Atlantic Standard Time)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Utsi wrote:
Aww, is the 1000 post restriction a strict rule? Can I just create a new thread and post in it 1000 times (this is just a joke, I won't actually do that, lol).

This is always available for all our forum members.
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=7617

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Utsi wrote:

At this time, it is our strict rule. However, this may change in the future. I don't know if you saw Hattrick's post a few before yours - anyone is more than welcome to write a review and post it on the forums. If it is good enough, we will feature it on the front page. If not, it will still be here in the forums for anyone to read.

So Utsi, I encourage you not to let the 1000+ post rule stop you. If you have a game you want to review and you want a shot at it being on the front page, go ahead and write up a review in the same format we use (look at some of our reviews) and submit it on the forums here - Forum Members Reviews. Like I said, if it's good enough we just might feature it on the main page which then goes out to our official NintendoFuse Twitter and Facebook account.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Well, it looks like Hattrick responded to you before I finished my reply. So, we both said the same thing basically.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
Thanks guys, I might just do up a review or two. What section of the forums should the reviews be posted in?

Sorry Hattrick, I don't know how I missed your post right above mine with the link, lol.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Utsi wrote:
Thanks guys, I might just do up a review or two. What section of the forums should the reviews be posted in?

Sorry Hattrick, I don't know how I missed your post right above mine with the link, lol.

Yep, just submit your review to the forum topic that hattrick and I both posted and you'll be all set. Do you happen to have a game in mind that you would write a review for? It might be easier to start with an eShop game, something smaller.

For example, here is the link to my review of Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D, a very cheap short hi-score game on the eShop - REVIEW - Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D

My review for that game was fairly short, but I know I have even more out there for eShop games that are shorter than that. Forum member Weave actually reviewed Paper Mario Sticker Star and did a really good job with that, it's up on the front page if you want to check that out. He is in the process of reviewing Monster Shooter 3D for us right now.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
JHardin1112 wrote:
Utsi wrote:

Yep, just submit your review to the forum topic that hattrick and I both posted and you'll be all set. Do you happen to have a game in mind that you would write a review for? It might be easier to start with an eShop game, something smaller.

For example, here is the link to my review of Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D, a very cheap short hi-score game on the eShop - REVIEW - Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D

My review for that game was fairly short, but I know I have even more out there for eShop games that are shorter than that. Forum member Weave actually reviewed Paper Mario Sticker Star and did a really good job with that, it's up on the front page if you want to check that out. He is in the process of reviewing Monster Shooter 3D for us right now.

I was thinking of reviewing Sticker Star as well, but if you want some variety in the reviewed games, I could do NSMB2 with the DLC, Sonic Generations 3DS, or some other game. I also own Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, but I am still working on The Last Specter.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Utsi wrote:
I was thinking of reviewing Sticker Star as well, but if you want some variety in the reviewed games, I could do NSMB2 with the DLC, Sonic Generations 3DS, or some other game. I also own Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, but I am still working on The Last Specter.

How about either Sonic Generations 3DS or NSMB2 w/ DLC?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Utsi wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
Utsi wrote:

What ever you think our forum members would enjoy the most. You can create a new thread with your review in the correct board based on what it's console the game is for.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
JHardin1112 wrote:
Utsi wrote:

How about either Sonic Generations 3DS or NSMB2 w/ DLC?

Sure. I can do both of those actually. I have completed both of them (well, except for 1,000,000 coins in Mario that is)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next