Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
super smash bros u 
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: super smash bros u
oldwizard wrote:
thanks for all your input guys you are all awesome. Does anyone imagine pacman being on this game?

I don't, at least not as a full fledged character. As an assist trophy yes, but not a character.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:
thanks for all your input guys you are all awesome. Does anyone imagine pacman being on this game?

I don't, at least not as a full fledged character. As an assist trophy yes, but not a character.

Since Namco is helping, I wouldn't doubt it actually.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:

I thought the same. We may also see Heihachi make an appearance, since Namco owns the Tekken franchise as well (and he's already made appearances in a few other games (Soul Calibur, SFxTK, PSAS).

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:

I thought the same. We may also see Heihachi make an appearance, since Namco owns the Tekken franchise as well (and he's already made appearances in a few other games (Soul Calibur, SFxTK, PSAS).

And with Tekken Tag Tournament 2(??) coming to Wii U, that doesn't seem too far out in left field to propose. However, I do remember reading/hearing that they will do not plan on going crazy with 3rd parties in the next Smash. They want to keep the focus on Nintendo characters still.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Yea, Sakurai said 3rd party characters will be limited. My guess is Snake and Sonic will return, and we'll get one new 3rd party character only... someone from Namco Bandai's catalog.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:

I just don't see how he'd fit. He'd have to receive an entire move set, and he'd be large. He doesn't have legs... I know it would be a popular pick, but it sounds like the Ridley syndrome where it always flies and would be larger than other characters.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Ridley would be cool but wouldn't work. I think if Nintendo wants to appeal to the Metriod fans they should at least put in Sylux or one of the other bounty hunters from Metriod Prime: Hunters. I have a feeling Dark Samus would just be a clone of Samus and nobody wants that.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:

I just don't see how he'd fit. He'd have to receive an entire move set, and he'd be large. He doesn't have legs... I know it would be a popular pick, but it sounds like the Ridley syndrome where it always flies and would be larger than other characters.

Make Jigglypuff sized. Make up some moves (they did it with Captain Falcon, why not PacMan?).

OR
Put him in the training suit from Tekken, like they did in SFxTK.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am
Lakitu

NNID: noahdp
the first picture of pacman should be the one in the game and the second one should be his smash attack.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

Make Jigglypuff sized. Make up some moves (they did it with Captain Falcon, why not PacMan?).

OR

Gah, that's not the Pac Man I know. What a hideous design. I prefer the arcade version back in the day. Second one would be better.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Weave wrote:
Ridley would be cool but wouldn't work. I think if Nintendo wants to appeal to the Metriod fans they should at least put in Sylux or one of the other bounty hunters from Metriod Prime: Hunters. I have a feeling Dark Samus would just be a clone of Samus and nobody wants that.

Dark Samus should just be another skin for Samus, like Dark Link was in Brawl.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post super smash bros u
noahdp wrote:
the first picture of pacman should be the one in the game and the second one should be his smash attack.

That is actually a really smart idea.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm
Octorok

Just wanted to say I'm super excited for this game!!! Hopefully Namco doesn't disturb the overall dynamic of Smash Bros. (I feel like they did an excellent job with Starfox: Assault). Really, I just want Smash Bros. to stay the same with some new mechanics added (like how assist trophies and final smashes were introduced into Brawl)...the addition of the game being on 3DS worries me a bit though, I feel like it's a bit of a stretch...but maybe it'll work.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:48 am
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
oldwizard wrote:

Hopefully they put in Naruto Uzumaki, since only Namco makes the Naruto games now.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Naruto will never be in Smash Bros, I'm sorry. If you ever see Naruto revealed, pinch yourself to wake up cause you're dreaming. Although that'd be a nightmare for me lol.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
1246-9502-7876
Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U is going to be epic. Pac-Man defenetly could fit in, his moveset set deriving from the Pac-Man World series.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 am
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
cocoa wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
Viridi claws wrote:
I loads of information 1:the characters only 3 people are out lucario,toon link,sheilk[has been changed to Impa]2: new characters bowser jr,toad,bomb man,meowth,minda,and ridley

Those characters are not confirmed yet, I haven't seen any confirmation on that.

They havent even confirmed a name. Most people thinks its going to be super smash bros universe. Now this name makes sence but people made that name before kid Icarus uprising came out. And then about when they released 3DS was released people were calling it super smash bros strife.

I don't think that that they should make it for 3DS. Just doesn't seem like it would work.

What they should do is make a seperate smash bros on 3ds and a seperate one on wii u because you know if they make the same one for wii u and 3ds which one will get more purchases.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
They are going to be separate, but I think there will be integration between the 2. Like you can send characters or something. Maybe even use the 3DS as a controller.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
I WANT MEGA MAN IN SMASH!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
I WANT MEGA MAN IN SMASH!

Agreed!

I'd love to a Mega Man vs. Samus or Mega Man vs. Fox. Those would be awesome!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post super smash bros u
I think Super Smash Bros. Riot or SSBUproar might be decent titles. Though, they aren't as exclusive to fighting as melee and brawl are.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
I think Super Smash Bros. Riot or SSBUproar might be decent titles. Though, they aren't as exclusive to fighting as melee and brawl are.

Think they might go Mario Kart -style and just give it a number?? Just a thought (maybe a horrible one)...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
schmete wrote:

Think they might go Mario Kart -style and just give it a number?? Just a thought (maybe a horrible one)...

I don't think so, doesn't seem to fit IMO.

Although I do wonder if the 3DS and Wii U games will get different names or if they'll be the same. Seems like they're supposed to be separate games that connect to each other, so I would think separate names make sense, but who knows.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

OR

Gah, that's not the Pac Man I know. What a hideous design. I prefer the arcade version back in the day. Second one would be better.

Replying to an old post that I don't remember seeing.

The first and second designs are the same, one is just in a suit. And that's been his character design for literally years. Also, are you saying you just want a giant yellow circle? That's a terrible idea.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Replying to an old post that I don't remember seeing.

The first and second designs are the same, one is just in a suit. And that's been his character design for literally years. Also, are you saying you just want a giant yellow circle? That's a terrible idea.

I guess I missed his character redesign. First time I really saw it was my on Gamecube Namco Museum disc where it had the redesign in one of the games.

I was saying when I imagine Pac-man, I see him as the giant yellow circle, which is why I was stating I didn't think he would fit. I can't come up with another character redesign that ultimately changed the character completely like that. Any Nintendo character I think of hasn't had a complete redesign. Sure they've updated small things like color details and the sprites, but they've mostly kept the same set of features (arms, legs, hat, clothing, etc).

I guess it would be like knowing Jumpman/Mario with the red shirt and blue overalls, and then seeing him first time like 10 years later and he's some sort of robot/humanoid character.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next