It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:19 am



Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Wii U - Info & Discussion 
Author Message
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
I've changed my mind on which SKU is worth the money. If I were getting one, I'd get the basic set, and spend the money I saved on an external drive. The things the Pro SKU, or whatever it's called, comes with are unnecessary and not worth the money. The only real benefit to the higher end package is the additional memory, which really isn't worth the money for an extra 24GB.

That said, I think it would be foolish to get the pro package. You'll be wasting your money on a mini game pack and various cradles. Just get the basic and a dedicated external HDD.


I think that's why Nintendo said the "basic" one is more for the core audience. Since they already have extra memory, and they wouldn't want Nintendo Land.

I got the deluxe since I'd rather not start using my external drive that soon, I wanted a black console, that promotion network premium sounds very good to have. Also, I would have likely skipped Nintendo Land and only was going to get it if bundled in. So to add $50, seemed worth it to me. I have plenty of games and saves to transfer from my Wii.


I read schmete's post and the more I thought about it, it makes sense. However, in my situation I just want the black console, the extra memory is good b/c I only have 1 usb drive and it houses all my personal files/photos. Oh and I'm starting to be more interested in Nintendo Land, so I figure I should aim for that.

Aren't Wii U games going to be $60? If so, I assume that includes NintendoLand (if you bought the basic and then bought NintendoLand separately), correct?


Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 3242
Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
JHardin1112 wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
I've changed my mind on which SKU is worth the money. If I were getting one, I'd get the basic set, and spend the money I saved on an external drive. The things the Pro SKU, or whatever it's called, comes with are unnecessary and not worth the money. The only real benefit to the higher end package is the additional memory, which really isn't worth the money for an extra 24GB.

That said, I think it would be foolish to get the pro package. You'll be wasting your money on a mini game pack and various cradles. Just get the basic and a dedicated external HDD.


I think that's why Nintendo said the "basic" one is more for the core audience. Since they already have extra memory, and they wouldn't want Nintendo Land.

I got the deluxe since I'd rather not start using my external drive that soon, I wanted a black console, that promotion network premium sounds very good to have. Also, I would have likely skipped Nintendo Land and only was going to get it if bundled in. So to add $50, seemed worth it to me. I have plenty of games and saves to transfer from my Wii.


I read schmete's post and the more I thought about it, it makes sense. However, in my situation I just want the black console, the extra memory is good b/c I only have 1 usb drive and it houses all my personal files/photos. Oh and I'm starting to be more interested in Nintendo Land, so I figure I should aim for that.

Aren't Wii U games going to be $60? If so, I assume that includes NintendoLand (if you bought the basic and then bought NintendoLand separately), correct?

The only things that seem worthwhile about the Deluxe package is the download service bonus thing, but there are, what, almost no details regarding that right now? So, that much I remain skeptical about.

And Nintendo Land is an assumedly $60 pack-in, but is it really a $60 game? Have they confirmed that it will be sold separately for that price, and furthermore, is the game actually worth a $60 price tag?

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
The black looks pretty too! :-)

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
hattrick wrote:
The black looks pretty too! :-)


:lol: Yes it does!


Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
schmete wrote:
The only things that seem worthwhile about the Deluxe package is the download service bonus thing, but there are, what, almost no details regarding that right now? So, that much I remain skeptical about.

And Nintendo Land is an assumedly $60 pack-in, but is it really a $60 game? Have they confirmed that it will be sold separately for that price, and furthermore, is the game actually worth a $60 price tag?


Yeah, the d/l service bonus offer is cool, but I don't care that much about it. I'm not sure if Nintendo Land is worth $60 and I won't know until I play it. I haven't heard any confirmation that it will be sold separately, and if so for how much.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Profile
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
JHardin1112 wrote:
schmete wrote:
The only things that seem worthwhile about the Deluxe package is the download service bonus thing, but there are, what, almost no details regarding that right now? So, that much I remain skeptical about.

And Nintendo Land is an assumedly $60 pack-in, but is it really a $60 game? Have they confirmed that it will be sold separately for that price, and furthermore, is the game actually worth a $60 price tag?


Yeah, the d/l service bonus offer is cool, but I don't care that much about it. I'm not sure if Nintendo Land is worth $60 and I won't know until I play it. I haven't heard any confirmation that it will be sold separately, and if so for how much.

It will be. At least, there are several places where you can pre-order the game, so I guess that is confirmed. It's also in the list of upcoming games.

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
hattrick wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
schmete wrote:
The only things that seem worthwhile about the Deluxe package is the download service bonus thing, but there are, what, almost no details regarding that right now? So, that much I remain skeptical about.

And Nintendo Land is an assumedly $60 pack-in, but is it really a $60 game? Have they confirmed that it will be sold separately for that price, and furthermore, is the game actually worth a $60 price tag?


Yeah, the d/l service bonus offer is cool, but I don't care that much about it. I'm not sure if Nintendo Land is worth $60 and I won't know until I play it. I haven't heard any confirmation that it will be sold separately, and if so for how much.

It will be. At least, there are several places where you can pre-order the game, so I guess that is confirmed. It's also in the list of upcoming games.


Thank you sir for the confirmation!


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm
Profile
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7854
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Even if you don't want Nintendo Land, the cradles, the digital promotion, extra space, etc... it's still a different colored console and GamePad. So I wouldn't say it's foolish to buy that, definitely not.

Having said that, I do believe Nintendo Land is worth the full price. I mean, I'm glad to get it in the Deluxe set, but it has 12 games and many of them seem pretty deep. I can only speak for what I've played and both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion seem to have plenty of replay value, but they are multiplayer only. The other stuff shown, like Metroid Blast, seems like it'll have plenty of content as well. I'm sure some will disagree, but personally speaking I would have no problem paying full price for this game.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 3242
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
DarkWish wrote:
Even if you don't want Nintendo Land, the cradles, the digital promotion, extra space, etc... it's still a different colored console and GamePad. So I wouldn't say it's foolish to buy that, definitely not.

Having said that, I do believe Nintendo Land is worth the full price. I mean, I'm glad to get it in the Deluxe set, but it has 12 games and many of them seem pretty deep. I can only speak for what I've played and both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion seem to have plenty of replay value, but they are multiplayer only. The other stuff shown, like Metroid Blast, seems like it'll have plenty of content as well. I'm sure some will disagree, but personally speaking I would have no problem paying full price for this game.

I wouldn't pay an extra $50 for a different colored console either, nor do I think that should be a deciding factor, but yes, that's something to consider, but not really be a deal breaker. IMO, of course.

Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 pm
Profile
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7854
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
schmete wrote:
Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

Nope, no online. Wouldn't make sense to, the types of games that it has multiplayer just wouldn't be fun online. This is coming from someone who was disappointed that the recent Mario Party title was not online... so I'm all for online multiplayer with minigames and stuff. But Nintendo Land just doesn't fit that IMO.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of Nintendo's launch titles for Wii U have online play. Third party titles do, but I can't think of any first party titles that are. I guess they're holding off on online stuff for first party titles until after the launch window for some reason.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 3242
Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:
Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

Nope, no online. Wouldn't make sense to, the types of games that it has multiplayer just wouldn't be fun online. This is coming from someone who was disappointed that the recent Mario Party title was not online... so I'm all for online multiplayer with minigames and stuff. But Nintendo Land just doesn't fit that IMO.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of Nintendo's launch titles for Wii U have online play. Third party titles do, but I can't think of any first party titles that are. I guess they're holding off on online stuff for first party titles until after the launch window for some reason.

Wow, really? I mean, it might not be fun to group up with randos online, but with friends it would be mildly fun, at least. Plus, mini game collections are made to be played online. Granted, I guess these all make use of the 'one player uses the pad' thing, so it wouldn't be super great online, but still.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm
Profile
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:
Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

Nope, no online. Wouldn't make sense to, the types of games that it has multiplayer just wouldn't be fun online. This is coming from someone who was disappointed that the recent Mario Party title was not online... so I'm all for online multiplayer with minigames and stuff. But Nintendo Land just doesn't fit that IMO.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of Nintendo's launch titles for Wii U have online play. Third party titles do, but I can't think of any first party titles that are. I guess they're holding off on online stuff for first party titles until after the launch window for some reason.

Wow, really? I mean, it might not be fun to group up with randos online, but with friends it would be mildly fun, at least. Plus, mini game collections are made to be played online. Granted, I guess these all make use of the 'one player uses the pad' thing, so it wouldn't be super great online, but still.

Sorry to say, DW, but that is slightly wrong. Almost every Wii U game will have some online components with Miiverse. That is all we know.

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2552
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
hattrick wrote:
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:
Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

Nope, no online. Wouldn't make sense to, the types of games that it has multiplayer just wouldn't be fun online. This is coming from someone who was disappointed that the recent Mario Party title was not online... so I'm all for online multiplayer with minigames and stuff. But Nintendo Land just doesn't fit that IMO.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of Nintendo's launch titles for Wii U have online play. Third party titles do, but I can't think of any first party titles that are. I guess they're holding off on online stuff for first party titles until after the launch window for some reason.

Wow, really? I mean, it might not be fun to group up with randos online, but with friends it would be mildly fun, at least. Plus, mini game collections are made to be played online. Granted, I guess these all make use of the 'one player uses the pad' thing, so it wouldn't be super great online, but still.

Sorry to say, DW, but that is slightly wrong. Almost every Wii U game will have some online components with Miiverse. That is all we know.


DW was saying online play, not lack of online components. Meaning online multiplayer.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:
Also, do the NL games have online multiplayer? I'm assuming they do, since Nintendo is pushing online so hard with the WiiU.

Nope, no online. Wouldn't make sense to, the types of games that it has multiplayer just wouldn't be fun online. This is coming from someone who was disappointed that the recent Mario Party title was not online... so I'm all for online multiplayer with minigames and stuff. But Nintendo Land just doesn't fit that IMO.

Come to think of it, I don't think any of Nintendo's launch titles for Wii U have online play. Third party titles do, but I can't think of any first party titles that are. I guess they're holding off on online stuff for first party titles until after the launch window for some reason.

Wow, really? I mean, it might not be fun to group up with randos online, but with friends it would be mildly fun, at least. Plus, mini game collections are made to be played online. Granted, I guess these all make use of the 'one player uses the pad' thing, so it wouldn't be super great online, but still.

Sorry to say, DW, but that is slightly wrong. Almost every Wii U game will have some online components with Miiverse. That is all we know.

DW was saying online play, not lack of online components. Meaning online multiplayer.

Right, which is why I said slightly wrong. Miiverse may have some multiplayer aspects. We just don't know fully yet. At the very least, it will have leader boards and such.

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 7854
Location: Virginia
NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 3242
Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
DarkWish wrote:
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

A very odd choice, if you ask me. Nintendo is trying to convince people that they're pushing online, and the pack-in game is the best place to demonstrate that. Totally missed that opportunity.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 am
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2552
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

A very odd choice, if you ask me. Nintendo is trying to convince people that they're pushing online, and the pack-in game is the best place to demonstrate that. Totally missed that opportunity.


Makes sense to me. The "pack in" game is meant to use the GamePad and Wii Remotes, so if you played online, people would either have to enter using a Wii remote and others just using the gamepad. For example, you couldn't have 2 ghosts in Luigi's Mansion. Even if players entered with the Wii Remote, you'd have to communicate to each other to let the others know where to go and would be VOIP. Seems pretty complicated for a simple game.

Wii Sports would have been a better example to have online play, because it would be simple vs matches and everybody has the same controller.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

A very odd choice, if you ask me. Nintendo is trying to convince people that they're pushing online, and the pack-in game is the best place to demonstrate that. Totally missed that opportunity.


Makes sense to me. The "pack in" game is meant to use the GamePad and Wii Remotes, so if you played online, people would either have to enter using a Wii remote and others just using the gamepad. For example, you couldn't have 2 ghosts in Luigi's Mansion. Even if players entered with the Wii Remote, you'd have to communicate to each other to let the others know where to go and would be VOIP. Seems pretty complicated for a simple game.

Wii Sports would have been a better example to have online play, because it would be simple vs matches and everybody has the same controller.

Yeah, I think the pack-in game should be showing off mostly ever aspect of the new console.

So, I just found out that I can pre-order from Walmart.com for a bigger Deluxe bundle (with another game and Pro controller), but it ends up being $400 in the end, and possibly not delivered until the 21st.

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
hattrick wrote:
So, I just found out that I can pre-order from Walmart.com for a bigger Deluxe bundle (with another game and Pro controller), but it ends up being $400 in the end, and possibly not delivered until the 21st.


I saw that too and as you know Steve, if I can't afford even the $299 for Basic (and I really want Deluxe), there is no way I'll be getting the Walmart Bundle :-/. Although, I'm still holding on to some hope that they will allow pre-orders soon.

Oh and I just got off the phone with a local GameStop. They told me they won't be opening up their pre-order system for Wii U's until February! I can't say I'm surprised, but I don't know how true this is?


Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:12 pm
Profile
Online
Forum Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:21 am
Posts: 7192
Location: USA
NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
JHardin1112 wrote:
hattrick wrote:
So, I just found out that I can pre-order from Walmart.com for a bigger Deluxe bundle (with another game and Pro controller), but it ends up being $400 in the end, and possibly not delivered until the 21st.


I saw that too and as you know Steve, if I can't afford even the $299 for Basic (and I really want Deluxe), there is no way I'll be getting the Walmart Bundle :-/. Although, I'm still holding on to some hope that they will allow pre-orders soon.

Oh and I just got off the phone with a local GameStop. They told me they won't be opening up their pre-order system for Wii U's until February! I can't say I'm surprised, but I don't know how true this is?

Yeah, same here. I think the only way I could convince my wife this was a good idea is if I sold several other things to "raise" the $400, which might be tough, because I don't have much I'm willing to part with that costs that much...

Yeah, GS told me they are waiting to hear back from Nintendo when I talked to them... So, who knows...

_________________
NintendoFuse Editor & Forum Administrator.


Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
hattrick wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:
hattrick wrote:
So, I just found out that I can pre-order from Walmart.com for a bigger Deluxe bundle (with another game and Pro controller), but it ends up being $400 in the end, and possibly not delivered until the 21st.


I saw that too and as you know Steve, if I can't afford even the $299 for Basic (and I really want Deluxe), there is no way I'll be getting the Walmart Bundle :-/. Although, I'm still holding on to some hope that they will allow pre-orders soon.

Oh and I just got off the phone with a local GameStop. They told me they won't be opening up their pre-order system for Wii U's until February! I can't say I'm surprised, but I don't know how true this is?

Yeah, same here. I think the only way I could convince my wife this was a good idea is if I sold several other things to "raise" the $400, which might be tough, because I don't have much I'm willing to part with that costs that much...

Yeah, GS told me they are waiting to hear back from Nintendo when I talked to them... So, who knows...


Yeah, the best I can hope to do is sell my Wii. My uncle is interested in buying it for his kids. He was willing to pay $135 for a Wii and the balance board. So, I figure I could sell him mine for somewhere between $85 - $100 (assuming he is still interested)


Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm
Posts: 3242
Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

A very odd choice, if you ask me. Nintendo is trying to convince people that they're pushing online, and the pack-in game is the best place to demonstrate that. Totally missed that opportunity.


The "pack in" game is meant to use the GamePad and Wii Remotes, so if you played online, people would either have to enter using a Wii remote and others just using the gamepad. For example, you couldn't have 2 ghosts in Luigi's Mansion. Even if players entered with the Wii Remote, you'd have to communicate to each other to let the others know where to go and would be VOIP. Seems pretty complicated for a simple game.

Could the other players not use the Pad? Just don't have the system stream the other view to the Pad. I get that the local multiplayer requires Wiimotes, but I imagine online could've easily used the Pads in the same way.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:05 pm
Profile
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 am
Posts: 2552
Location: The Wall
NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
But it's been confirmed to have no online Multiplayer. Miiverse, if it's incorporated into this game, doesn't have to do with multiplayer stuff aside from maybe leaderboards or something. So as I said... no online multiplayer in Nintendo Land, though it may still have some online connectivity in the form of Miiverse communication or leaderboards or something.

A very odd choice, if you ask me. Nintendo is trying to convince people that they're pushing online, and the pack-in game is the best place to demonstrate that. Totally missed that opportunity.


The "pack in" game is meant to use the GamePad and Wii Remotes, so if you played online, people would either have to enter using a Wii remote and others just using the gamepad. For example, you couldn't have 2 ghosts in Luigi's Mansion. Even if players entered with the Wii Remote, you'd have to communicate to each other to let the others know where to go and would be VOIP. Seems pretty complicated for a simple game.

Could the other players not use the Pad? Just don't have the system stream the other view to the Pad. I get that the local multiplayer requires Wiimotes, but I imagine online could've easily used the Pads in the same way.


I'm not sure how the streaming works exactly, but if they were to use the pad, I don't know if it would get confused who is the ghost and what to show on the pad. So if a "chaser" could use the pad, I wonder if it would be able to display a different view, since it was programmed to be the solo view of the ghost. I don't know if they could match the displays of the TV with the gamepad for the person that is not a ghost.

Also, I don't know how it would work to determine who was the ghost. What if the ghost dropped out of the game? I know mic's would be around, but it would be difficult to catch the ghost if someone didn't have a mic since it would be about communicating where the ghost is and plots to trap that player.

Sorry just been sticking with Luigi's Ghost Mansion, since it's one of the focused multiplayer only games.

_________________
MARIOKART 7 OFFICIAL NINTENDOFUSE COMMUNITY CODES:

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349


Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am
Posts: 7326
Location: Blacksburg Va
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
No online multiplayer for that game, seems awkward considering even demos of games have online multiplayer these days.

_________________
avy from Tadakuni/Hidenori from Daily Lives of Highschool Boys


Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1230
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Wow, so it seems that you can still pre-order a Wii U Deluxe online, IF you live in Canada! Hey Utsi - you and your friends start getting those pre-orders. Anyways, any other Canadians here? Who wants to reserve me the Wii U Deluxe and then ship it to Florida for me in November?

https://www-ssl.futureshop.ca/order/basket.aspx?path=473460dfb664fdfbd66f0195072ea9baen99


Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum style by ST Software.