It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
Wii U - Info & Discussion 
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
Jack wrote:
SirVenom wrote:
That said, I don't expect to see an HDMI cable or remote included. The real unknown is the uPad.

Depending on the production price of the uPad.

There is no reason for companies to not include HDMI cables on HD consoles. I'm pissed that it's a trend. HDMI cables can be incredibly cheap, why not throw in one (at least a short one)?

I agree. I just bought a BD player a couple months ago, and it came with one. They are getting cheaper and cheaper, so why not include it, unless they want to make money on their own cables (i.e. Apple), but since they will use generic, people would just get whatever brand they want.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:
SirVenom wrote:
That said, I don't expect to see an HDMI cable or remote included. The real unknown is the uPad.

There is no reason for companies to not include HDMI cables on HD consoles. I'm pissed that it's a trend. HDMI cables can be incredibly cheap, why not throw in one (at least a short one)?

I agree. I just bought a BD player a couple months ago, and it came with one. They are getting cheaper and cheaper, so why not include it, unless they want to make money on their own cables (i.e. Apple), but since they will use generic, people would just get whatever brand they want.

At least NOA has always provided some sort of cables with their systems. I could have used generic "Nintendo" but NOE and NOJ decided not to include the charger for the XL. I see it coming with a cable, whether or not it's HDMI, I don't know. Since they are proud of the fact, I can see it coming with it.

Plus with all the complaints Nintendo gets, I'm confident it will at least come with the proper cables, pack-in less likely.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Trying to contain excitement.....must be patient and wait just 2 more days for the official announcement.....Phew....excitement contained!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:04 pm
5000+ Club

Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:
SirVenom wrote:

At least NOA has always provided some sort of cables with their systems. I could have used generic "Nintendo" but NOE and NOJ decided not to include the charger for the XL. I see it coming with a cable, whether or not it's HDMI, I don't know. Since they are proud of the fact, I can see it coming with it.

Plus with all the complaints Nintendo gets, I'm confident it will at least come with the proper cables, pack-in less likely.

Nintendo will throw in the same cables with Wii.

Wii U is also probably DOA if it truly is shipping with only 8GB of "internal storage".

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:
SirVenom wrote:

Wii U is also probably DOA if it truly is shipping with only 8GB of "internal storage".

I hope not, since they are really pushing the fact that it is HD.

DOA due to storage? People thought the same thing with Wii... Just sayin... :smile:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:
SirVenom wrote:

It's confirmed to work with SD cards AND external hard drives...

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Gamer Greg wrote:
It's confirmed to work with SD cards AND external hard drives...

It doesnt make sense to not include an larger internal hard drive considering that that is what everyone else does.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Gamer Greg wrote:
It's confirmed to work with SD card...

It blows me away that they still think that's a good option. Why would anyone use an SD card for storage?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

It blows me away that they still think that's a good option. Why would anyone use an SD card for storage?

Those without external hard drives? Those that have games saved on the SD from Wii?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Think they might pull a Sony & Microsoft with a couple different SKU's? Maybe the 8GB is the "starter" model or something? Somehow I doubt this is what they do, but stranger (and worse) things have happened.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
If you've been following the rumors, the 8 GB is nothing new, been rumored for months. And doesn't matter to me... with the amount I'm gonna download, I was set from the beginning on getting an external hard drive... at least 500 GB.

hattrick wrote:
Think they might pull a Sony & Microsoft with a couple different SKU's? Maybe the 8GB is the "starter" model or something? Somehow I doubt this is what they do, but stranger (and worse) things have happened.

I wasn't expecting multiple SKU's, but there was a rumor of three SKU's recently and supposedly now GameStop employees are referring to three SKU's, so it MIGHT have a chance of being true. The rumors were $250, $300, and $350. Having said that, I don't think the internal storage will differ at all between any different SKU's, I think the differences will be pack-in games and things of that nature. If that rumor is true... which I don't know if I believe it just yet.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Those without external hard drives? Those that have games saved on the SD from Wii?

Get a hard drive? Update the Wii firmware to support external drives? Seems like the most logical and tech-forward solution to me.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Get a hard drive? Update the Wii firmware to support external drives? Seems like the most logical and tech-forward solution to me.

Wii U will support external hard drives. At least, that's what it seems like everyone is saying.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

I already have one, but not sure about those that don't. It adds an extra cost, where if since they might have originally had Wii, there games are already on the SD card, so with Nintendo's near 100% backwards compatible with last gen, they probably needed it on Wii U. Plus that offers those to have music or pictures on a use for it (since they showed you could slide the picture onto the TV).

Wii could have used that support years ago, but oh well.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
]
Wii U will support external hard drives. At least, that's what it seems like everyone is saying.

I believe that is already 100% confirmed to be true. I have a 320 Gig hard drive with no use (using my 2 TB network drive). So I could use it as a direct connect.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

SD cards dont make sense (why not just re download the wii games to wii u, arent they account locked anyway?). I mean for 32 GB one could get a 120GB external harddrive, even worst, it cant even be that hugh of a cost for nintendo to include 120GB versus 8GB (theres some internal hdd of that size for 39 and less)...

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
schmete wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

SD cards dont make sense (why not just re download the wii games to wii u, arent they account locked anyway?). I mean for 32 GB one could get a 120GB external harddrive, even worst, it cant even be that hugh of a cost for nintendo to include 120GB versus 8GB (theres some internal hdd of that size for 39 and less)...

I mentioned in another post that the SD cards is likely for cameras. Remember they showed that pictures can be "flicked" from the Gamepad to the TV?

Also, I don't think you can just as easily "redownload". They are making an account system, so first it would have to be transferred to the account, then you could redownload.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

In conclusion, SD cards are still a ridiculous choice, and Nintendo should be working towards a cloud-based system, rather than outdated technology.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
In conclusion, SD cards are still a ridiculous choice, and Nintendo should be working towards a cloud-based system, rather than outdated technology.

Oh, that would be fantastic! Except, there needs to be some sort of "backup" system in place for when your internet goes out or someone who doesn't have internet (odd I know, but possible).

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

DarkWish wrote:
My prediction is November 18th launch for $299.99 and NO Nintendo Land pack-in. Comes with a Wii U GamePad and NO Wii Remote Plus. However, I think they will have some built-in apps/games like the 3DS did. Here's my thought process...

As for Nintendo Land, as much as I want it to be a pack-in, I don't think it will be.
And with so many people already owning Wii Remotes, I don't think we will see a bundle with it.
If Nintendo can't be bothered to include a charger with the 3DS XL in some countries, I doubt we'll get a Wii Remote Plus in the box.

Darn so close :/

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
399$ launching second week of February 2013 with no pack in game in black, is my guess.

Wow I couldnt be any further from the truth, shocking that Nintendo not only managed to make it in time for November but to price it $50 less than I wanted (and even $100 for the cheapo version)

Jack wrote:
I'm thinking $299 at the end of November.

Darn so close too, just a few days earlier!

DarkWish wrote:
Having said that, I don't think the internal storage will differ at all between any different SKU's,

So close yet so far'fetched

Gamer Greg wrote:
noahdp wrote:
I think the Wii U will come out November 18.

I agree, I've been thinking that for a while now. I believe I mentioned it, perhaps not though.

To add on:

$299.99, w/ Nintendo Land
$329.99, w/ Nintendo Land & Wii Remote+

I think to keep everyone happy it would be best to bundle in a game, and this game has been foretold as the game that shows what the controller can do, so why not include it with the system? If they really want to push additional systems, include NSMB U instead of Nintendo Land. Although I don't see Nintendo Land hitting expected sales if it's a standalone game.

This is for North America obviously, the Japanese system may not include a game.

Noah was on target, however Greg, off by 20 dollars and the pack in :/

Trist wrote:
If they release in that scheme, Wii U will be DOA.

I still believe it will be DOA

DarkWish wrote:
My prediction is November 18th launch for $299.99 and NO Nintendo Land pack-in. Comes with a Wii U GamePad and NO Wii Remote Plus. However, I think they will have some built-in apps/games like the 3DS did.

As for Nintendo Land, as much as I want it to be a pack-in, I don't think it will be. The way it's being advertised and discussed seems to be like any other game. I think we will see some sort of games built-in, but I think Nintendo Land can sell well enough on its own. Then again, they could do like what they did with Wii... have Nintendo Land sold separately in Japan but bundle it for North America. But I'm sticking with my no pack-in prediction for now. And with so many people already owning Wii Remotes, I don't think we will see a bundle with it. Just the Wii U GamePad I believe. If Nintendo can't be bothered to include a charger with the 3DS XL in some countries, I doubt we'll get a Wii Remote Plus in the box.

DarkWish wrote:
I'm expecting $300 with a pack-in game. They need something to get people interested like Wii Sports, and they have to keep costs down. Iwata specifically said they learned from the 3DS pricing and will evaluate Wii U pricing based on what they learned, so I think they'll go for $50 more than Wii and just go with $300. It will come with the tablet controller of course, but I think they may also pack in a Wii Remote Plus since that's used for many games as well.

Darkwish-sama :(

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Shocking News: Wii U to launch in numerous territories in 2012

Quote:
Nintendo will launch a successor to its Wii game console in the U.S. and other key markets in time for the crucial year-end shopping season later this year, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told reporters on Thursday.

He said the WiiU would be launched in the United States, Europe, Australia and Japan for the year-end season.

link

Nice to see that it wont see a delay, even among competition of a spring 2013 launch of the Xbox NextBox.

Rumor verified.

hattrick wrote:
Sorry to add to the "rumor mill" about Wii U, but word is that they are considering a name-change. Now, you can take this for what it is worth (maybe nothing), but I for one, hope they do change the name.

"It's been indicated that Nintendo is keen not to repeat the same mistakes with its next-generation home console, and we're told a change of name is a real possibility - especially after president Satoru Iwata told investors Wii U needs to learn "a bitter lesson" from 3DS and public confusion over its features."

Read the entire article at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/33 ... ces-claim/

Rumor destroyed

DarkWish wrote:
So the latest rumor from a credible source on NeoGAF is that Wii U will have more than 1 GB of RAM... nothing outrageous like 8 GB, but supposedly more than 1 GB. All that is being said is that this person assumed Wii U would have 1 GB of RAM, but was then quite surprised when they found out what it actually is... most people are speculating that to mean 2 GB, though 1.5 GB is certainly possible.

Isnt it 1?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I know it wasn't discussed at the conference, but the US Deluxe model does have the "Nintendo Network Premium". I found it at Nintendo.com:

Quote:
Consumers who purchase the Deluxe Set also will be enrolled in the Deluxe Digitial Promotion, which lets Wii U owners receive points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from the Nintendo eShop. The promotion is currently planned through 2014.

The differences (between Deluxe and Basic):
32GB Internal Storage (compared to 8GB)
Nintendo Land video game
Deluxe Digital promotion
Wii U GamePad Stand
Wii U GamePad Cradle
Wii U Console Stand

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Darkwish-sama :(

Yea, I was off on the price point. I wasn't expecting multiple SKU's as well. I would have liked it to be $300 for sure but in the past few weeks, I started to predict $300 with no Nintendo Land pack-in, so it makes sense now for $350 with it.

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
So the latest rumor from a credible source on NeoGAF is that Wii U will have more than 1 GB of RAM... nothing outrageous like 8 GB, but supposedly more than 1 GB. All that is being said is that this person assumed Wii U would have 1 GB of RAM, but was then quite surprised when they found out what it actually is... most people are speculating that to mean 2 GB, though 1.5 GB is certainly possible.

Isnt it 1?

I didn't specify, but this was referring to the total RAM. In recent weeks, those sources on NeoGAF clarified further and basically said 1 GB RAM for games and likely 1 GB for OS (though they weren't totally sure on this number as it could have changed after they found out). Turns out they were right. I'm rather surprised Nintendo even revealed it though, they usually don't talk specs.

Anyways, time for some thoughts on all of this. I think the two SKU's make sense and it's nice to have two different color options. I'll definitely be going for the Deluxe set. For the most part, the stuff revealed wasn't that surprising. One thing that did surprise me however, and I'm still confused by, is the pricing of buying a separate Wii U GamePad (only in Japan though it seems, didn't see it mentioned anywhere else). And I'm not talking about how much it is... it was expected to be expensive and I would predict something in the $100-150 range. No, I was more surprised that they even mentioned it at all. Nothing at the moment can use it, so why sell it right now? I would have thought they'd wait to announce that stuff until a few months later. But I guess not.

Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter were definitely big surprises. Neither of which I care about, but cool to see some new game announcements. In terms of what's coming at launch, here is what we have so far...

Launch Day (November 18th):
- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
- Madden NFL 13
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Transformers Prime
- Assassin's Creed III
- NBA 2K13
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Darksiders II
- Just Dance 4
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
- Rabbids Land
- Rayman Legends
- ESPN Sports Connection
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
- ZombiU
- Game Party Champions

Launch Window (By the end of March 2013):
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
- LEGO City: Undercover
- SiNG Party
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- The Wonderful 101
- Game & Wario
- Skylanders Giants
- FIFA Soccer 13
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
- Funky Barn
- 007 Legends
- Wipeout 3
- Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
- Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Family Party: 30 Great Games
- Obstacle Arcade
- Trine 2: Director's Cut
- Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
- Zumba Fitness Core
- Jett Tailfin
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
- Nano Assault Neo
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy!
- Toki Tori 2

That's 21 titles on day one and 31 titles in the next few months. Yes, you read that right... 21 games on day 1. This is all according to Nintendo's official website. That is a stellar launch line-up. I think I'm going to stick with Nintendo Land and Assassin's Creed III for day one. I'll get Nintendo Land as part of the deluxe bundle, but I would have bought it anyways if it wasn't a pack-in. I will pick up other games like ZombiU and Rayman Legends and NSMBU at some point... just not all on day one.

So yea, launch is looking really good. Can't wait!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Games I might actually be sort of interested in.

Launch Day (November 18th):
- ZombiU

Launch Window (By the end of March 2013):
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101

If you remove all the trash and ports, it's really not that impressive. Here's my modified launch list:

- Nintendo Land
- Rayman Legends
- ZombiU

And the other list is basically 90% trash.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm
Koopa

3DS Friend Code:
1246-8717-6523
So Monsters Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate are getting localized, did you hear? If you didn't let me put that in bold because I've been waiting for this forever, Monsters Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate are getting localized! :lol:! Phew I got that out of my system. Anywho, I need some sleep, stayed up for the Jap ND, then got up early for the NA ND and have stayed up ever since :eek:.

Also, jesus, Jack. I understand if you don't like the games, but calling them trash? So you think:
- Assassin's Creed III
- Darksiders II
- Just Dance 4
- Rayman Legends
- ZombiU
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- The Wonderful 101
- Game & Wario
- Skylanders Giants
- Zumba Fitness Core
- Nano Assault Neo
- Toki Tori 2
are all trash? Then what's your definition of a good game, huh?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm
5000+ Club

Subtle wrote:
So Monsters Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate are getting localized, did you hear? If you didn't let me put that in bold because I've been waiting for this forever, Monsters Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate are getting localized! :lol:! Phew I got that out of my system. Anywho, I need some sleep, stayed up for the Jap ND, then got up early for the NA ND and have stayed up ever since :eek:.

Also, jesus, Jack. I understand if you don't like the games, but calling them trash? So you think:
- Assassin's Creed III
- Darksiders II
- Just Dance 4
- Rayman Legends
- ZombiU
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- The Wonderful 101
- Game & Wario
- Skylanders Giants
- Zumba Fitness Core
- Nano Assault Neo
- Toki Tori 2
are all trash? Then what's your definition of a good game, huh?

lol? Zumba?! Is not trash/a good game? What, and you kept the ports in there, TTT2 is out, MH3U is a port, isnt WO3 a port?Darksiders 2 is a port, Batman and Mass Effect 3 are ports (and that ending and gameplay, ME3 might as well not be a good game...

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next