It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Wii U - Info & Discussion 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Wii U - Info & Discussion
Since we have a general discussion topic for the 3DS, why not for Wii U? Anyways, a little tidbit to get it started...

Quote:
“Crytek’s support for Wii U is definitely going to happen. We aren't showing it but we are pretty much running it already.” - CEO Cevat Yerli

Yay for even more support for Wii U!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Re: Wii U - Info & Discussion
"The thought is you'll be playing in the same room that the base console is in." - Nintendo's Katsuya Eguchi

Boo, no pooping and gaming. Or taking it up to your room. (maybe)

http://kotaku.com/5811558/nintendo-doubts-you-can-take-wii-u-to-the-bathroom

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm
Wario

That sir depends on what wireless connection they are using. It would be so bad*** if they did something wireless so that you could run it anywhere in your house but have the base somewhere else.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm
Pokémon Master

mazer wrote:
That sir depends on what wireless connection they are using. It would be so bad*** if they did something wireless so that you could run it anywhere in your house but have the base somewhere else.

Well, from the sound of the article, Nintendo is expecting players to not leave the room with the console in it, and thus may not implement a wireless connection that allows for much more than that.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Wario

schmete wrote:
mazer wrote:

Well, from the sound of the article, Nintendo is expecting players to not leave the room with the console in it, and thus may not implement a wireless connection that allows for much more than that.

They couldn't limit the distance for something like that because they can't assume that everyone will only be playing a few feet away from their television. It has to be something significant, and if it isn't there has to be some kind of signal booster or another repeater of some sort that can be DIY'ed :]

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 pm
Pokémon Master

mazer wrote:
schmete wrote:
mazer wrote:

They couldn't limit the distance for something like that because they can't assume that everyone will only be playing a few feet away from their television. It has to be something significant, and if it isn't there has to be some kind of signal booster or another repeater of some sort that can be DIY'ed :]

My guess is that they'll recommend staying within thirty feet of the console.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:16 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
It was never meant to be a portable, it was quite obvious it would have limited range. The exact range is as of yet unknown and we probably won't know for months. Plus, it'll vary depending on the size of the walls and other factors in the room.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
It was never meant to be a portable, it was quite obvious it would have limited range. The exact range is as of yet unknown and we probably won't know for months. Plus, it'll vary depending on the size of the walls and other factors in the room.

Your previous posts made it seem like you thought you could take it all around a house.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
Your previous posts made it seem like you thought you could take it all around a house.

Not at all, considering I was the one claiming this is far from a handheld and others couldn't understand why. I definitely did specify that there would be a limited range multiple times as well, so I'm not sure what you read. Not like it matters though, it's obvious that you can't take it all around a house.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Why are people excited for Crytek, their last games on the consoles have vastly failed in comparison to the experience offered on the PC...just compare those gorgeous environments on the powerful computer.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Why are people excited for Crytek, their last games on the consoles have vastly failed in comparison to the experience offered on the PC...just compare those gorgeous environments on the powerful computer.

It's either you're happy or you're indifferent... I see no reason to be mad/angry/sad/disappointed that Wii U is getting more support. You may be indifferent and I also am relatively indifferent since I'm not familiar much with Crytek... but the one thing that makes me happy is that there is more third party support and it's another one that the non-Nintendo fans have criticized Nintendo for not having, so now they can finally shut up.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:

Not at all, considering I was the one claiming this is far from a handheld and others couldn't understand why. I definitely did specify that there would be a limited range multiple times as well, so I'm not sure what you read. Not like it matters though, it's obvious that you can't take it all around a house.

Quote:
Okay, scenario #3. Your Cafe is downstairs and you're in your room. You have a controller with you. Suddenly, the controller beeps. Hey look, you just got a new character DLC in Street Fighter! Let's turn on the Cafe with your controller, and use the controller's screen to view the new DLC and start the download. While you're waiting, why not surf the web?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:48 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
Quote:
Okay, scenario #3. Your Cafe is downstairs and you're in your room. You have a controller with you. Suddenly, the controller beeps. Hey look, you just got a new character DLC in Street Fighter! Let's turn on the Cafe with your controller, and use the controller's screen to view the new DLC and start the download. While you're waiting, why not surf the web?

Well it depends. My living room area is open at the top and if I had my door open, I could probably still receive signal to the controller... heck, probably even with the door closed. If it uses bluetooth, then it could definitely have a good range. I've had my Wii in the basement and me two floors up in my room and the Wii Remote was still connected. But if I went from one end of my house to the other, it would disconnect. So again, it all depends on the range and your house. In smaller houses, you MIGHT be able to use the controller all around the house, or at least most of it. In other cases, only a limited part. It just depends.

What you quoted was a scenario, which I very clearly said in my post was just a possible idea based on the rumors. We still don't know any concrete details on the range of the controller. So again, what I said is not unreasonable nor did I say anything wrong.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Whoever criticized any console for not having Crytek. Anyone who sees their game releases shows that Crysis 2 was their only console game this gen, with a Kinect game coming by 2012...Really nothing to actually be excited about considering their heavy PC output.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Whoever criticized any console for not having Crytek. Anyone who sees their game releases shows that Crysis 2 was their only console game this gen, with a Kinect game coming by 2012...Really nothing to actually be excited about considering their heavy PC output.

My point was that while you see it with the negative mindset of "who cares" basically, I and others see it with the positive mindset of "Crytek, known for their graphics, is bringing more to consoles and it's more support for Wii U". Again... if you don't like the games, great. I have no interest in Crysis or anything either. But for someone who complains about two things quite a bit, you sure like to make sure you emphasize that you don't care when that stuff happens...

1) Graphics
2) Third party support

Epic Games, Crytek... both of whom are known for their graphics and have never been on a Nintendo system before. Surely, you should be happy about this because it means Nintendo has a powerful system which you have been dying for for ages and it means more third party support which you have criticized for ages. But no, as is extremely predictable, you're not.

Why not think positive for a change? Will it hurt to be happy that you're getting what you want? Or was it all just a game so that you could complain even MORE about how Nintendo's next system, despite being a step closer to what you want, is even more of a disappointment in your eyes compared to Sony? I'm honestly curious. Because here I am posting a happy tidbit of news about more third party support for a company that loves graphics... and yet, you're still not satisfied. It's becoming increasingly apparent that you never will be satisfied. Very much so.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

DarkWish wrote:
Epic Games, Crytek... both of whom are known for their graphics and have never been on a Nintendo system before. Surely, you should be happy about this because it means Nintendo has a powerful system which you have been dying for for ages and it means more third party support which you have criticized for ages. But no, as is extremely predictable, you're not.

Why not think positive for a change? Will it hurt to be happy that you're getting what you want? Or was it all just a game so that you could complain even MORE about how Nintendo's next system, despite being a step closer to what you want, is even more of a disappointment in your eyes compared to Sony? I'm honestly curious. Because here I am posting a happy tidbit of news about more third party support for a company that loves graphics... and yet, you're still not satisfied. It's becoming increasingly apparent that you never will be satisfied. Very much so.

If third partys that I cared about announced that the franchises that I enjoy would have opportunities to be on Wii U, then I would be glad. Crytek and Epic Games, delivered games that I honestly couldnt care for and thus, why would I enjoy? Game Engines do not make good graphical games, its the developers behind them that do, so I can not really rejoice over the fact that an engine is being supported, when I think Ive highlighted some pretty mediocre games that use that unreal engine...Quality games over quantity of games, is my motto.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Quality games over quantity of games, is my motto.

Yea, okay... this is my cue to just stop discussing this with you. You know it's time to move on from a discussion when the other side does a complete switch on their opinion. And yes, you have directly told me to my face that you believe quantity over quality, and we had a big discussion on this in person. So no reason for me to continue a discussion with someone who flip-flops every five seconds on their own opinion.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

So it isn't going to play DVDs?

Seth Meyers:
Quote:
Really Nintendo? Really?

Unrelated, does anyone get these annoying talking ads that don't actually have windows here?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 pm
Pokémon Master

Jack wrote:
Unrelated, does anyone get these annoying talking ads that don't actually have windows here?

I used to a long time ago. Haven't had any lately.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 pm
5000+ Club

Jack wrote:

Seth Meyers:
Quote:
Really Nintendo? Really?

Kind of a terrible move and even if streaming services are becoming more popular, people in coutnries where its not offered, or for the most newest released disc based content, then streaming services cant augment the loss of that content. Plus streaming content expires. One less thing to make me want this new toy.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Jack wrote:

Seth Meyers:
Quote:
Really Nintendo? Really?

Kind of a terrible move and even if streaming services are becoming more popular, people in coutnries where its not offered, or for the most newest released disc based content, then streaming services cant augment the loss of that content. Plus streaming content expires. One less thing to make me want this new toy.

Yeah, what a weird decision. It's like when Nintendo said they wanted the Wii to be what people used most in their family room, but decided not to let it play DVDs. What.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:20 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
schmete wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Jack wrote:

Seth Meyers:
Quote:
Really Nintendo? Really?

Yeah, what a weird decision. It's like when Nintendo said they wanted the Wii to be what people used most in their family room, but decided not to let it play DVDs. What.

I've got a DVD player. I could care less if Wii U could also play them. And by the way Netflix is going, I'll be playing less and less actual DVD's in the next couple years anyway.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

At school my DVD player is my PS3. If I only had a Wii, I wouldn't have anything to watch movies on... There is no good reason for the Wii U to not run DVDs. It's got a reader.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:08 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Jack wrote:
At school my DVD player is my PS3. If I only had a Wii, I wouldn't have anything to watch movies on... There is no good reason for the Wii U to not run DVDs. It's got a reader.

Do you not have a computer...?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

hattrick wrote:
Jack wrote:

Do you not have a computer...?

Well ya, but I never feel like plugging it into my TV. :P

It would be convenient if the Wii U finally had a DVD player. It's a stupid decision.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next