It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
New Super Mario Bros Level Editor 
Bob-omb

NNID: Utsi1990
3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
Post New Super Mario Bros Level Editor
I was just thinking about the DLC levels available for NSMB2 and NSMBU and had an Idea.

For the next NSMB game, Nintendo should include a level editor and allow user made levels to be downloaded by other players. An I don't mean limiting those downloads to just your friends like was done in Mario vs DK on the DS. Have a compete database where you can see every level made and rank them based on votes.

It would also be cool if Nintendo released DLC parts packs. The disc could include all of the base game elements, but then they could have something like a SMB3 parts pack, or a SMW pack, combining all of the backgrounds, enemies, and powerups from those games.

What do you guys think about this? I know that there would be a ton of really bad levels made (lol), but I know that there would be some amazing ones as well. Just look at what happened with the Portal 2 level editor. Some of the fan-made levels rival the main game's level of quality!

Time Zone: UTC - 4 (Atlantic Standard Time)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Post Re: New Super Mario Bros Level Editor
That sounds like a really good idea. What I'm wondering is if Nintendo' s collective ego could handle people playing levels not made by them.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Weave wrote:
That sounds like a really good idea. What I'm wondering is if Nintendo' s collective ego could handle people playing levels not made by them.

Likely not, but Brawl did have a level editor though.

With all the complications of moving enemies and stuff maybe it might be hard. Also you have to worry about getting trapped and unable to progress too.

I would welcome it easily, I just see plenty of reasons for them not to allow this.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

NNID: Utsi1990
3DS Friend Code:
4038-6018-7752
Weave wrote:

Lol!
Well they allowed user levels in Mario vs DK 2 and 3. And WarioWare DIY was entirely based on the concept. But on the other hand, those aren't their biggest franchises either.

I really want to see it for a core Mario game though. The Wii U gamepad would be perfect for level editing.

Time Zone: UTC - 4 (Atlantic Standard Time)

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
Gamer Greg wrote:
Weave wrote:

Likely not, but Brawl did have a level editor though.

That's why brawl got a 10 star rating and the person who made it was pretty smart. He did the kid Icarus uprising game too and that's a game that I play quite often.

I really like this idea but I think the demand is easier said then done. This would be be a good idea and I would love it if they did something like this. I've thought about things like,"Yeah I think they should let you make your own custom Mario kart tracks." and I doesn't sound that hard, little turns, sharp turn, long turns, short strait, long strait, ect. And it would be similar to brawl and you would have different pieces for each setting.

That's all I really have to say about that

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
cocoa wrote:

I really like this idea but I think the demand is easier said then done. This would be be a good idea and I would love it if they did something like this. I've thought about things like,"Yeah I think they should let you make your own custom Mario kart tracks." and I doesn't sound that hard, little turns, sharp turn, long turns, short strait, long strait, ect. And it would be similar to brawl and you would have different pieces for each setting.

That's all I really have to say about that

I think this would be even harder. You'd have to have a course with like a cookie cutter style track, meaning it'd be really hard to make unique parts. Considering you also have the environment to work with. They'd need so many different types of turns it would make it extremely hard for users to design their own track. You'd need like a desert turn, a snow turn, a volcano turn, etc. This game would be much harder to construct levels due to the moving nature of the game. While Brawl has a lot less moving pieces and just a stay on the screen type of gameplay.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
I love this idea, it would be fun to create levels and play user submitted levels as wel. i'd love to see this happen, even thou it probably won't

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]