It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Miiverse 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Miiverse
So Wii U has been out and one of its primary features is Miiverse. What are your thoughts on Miiverse for those that have used it?

Personally, I think it's fantastic. It's a creative way of interacting with other Wii U owners and in a rather safe manner. Anything inappropriate is basically gone right away... or at least, I haven't seen anything bad in all of my exploring around. And that's something I'm happy about. And I love the integration into the OS and games. Seeing people's messages in Nintendo Land Plaza is probably one of my favorite aspects as it just makes everything seem much more alive in a way. And today since Europe now has Wii U, I saw a ton of people from different countries in my Nintendo Land Plaza which is neat. Everyone is also really friendly and helpful as well. I've asked questions and gotten instant responses. All in all, I'm really liking it.

Next thing I'm hoping for is more integration with more games in the future, and hopefully Miiverse comes to the 3DS as well. But I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:07 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Miiverse
I'm really liking it a lot. I must say when I was playing Transformers, I missed the Miiverse integration (there was none). I think all games for Wii U should at least allow it to be an option. I'm also not seeing for COD, which after getting owned in multiplayer might make one want to post something.

One of my main wishes is just to be able to post on your own profile or status updates. Other than that, I like it a lot. I try to check people I follow (which is my entire friend list) to see their latest posts. I don't read the spoiler ones yet since I haven't made it far in Nintendo Land, and obviously won't read any for NSMB U.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Really enjoying it as well. Kind of a forum within the system, which promotes community. Mentioned this on the podcast, but it's like NSider resurfaced as MiiVerse.

Greg, I thought I saw communities for CoD and Transformers. So, even if it is not fully integrated, you should be able to hit the home button and post to the game's community, right?

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
Really enjoying it as well. Kind of a forum within the system, which promotes community. Mentioned this on the podcast, but it's like NSider resurfaced as MiiVerse.

Greg, I thought I saw communities for CoD and Transformers. So, even if it is not fully integrated, you should be able to hit the home button and post to the game's community, right?

Correct, there are communities for them, just cant post mid-game as easily as say Nintendo Land or New Super Mario Bros U. I've favorited them, but they are not fully integrated. Id think it'd be fun to post after a deathmatch, but not easily.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
hattrick wrote:

Correct, there are communities for them, just cant post mid-game as easily as say Nintendo Land or New Super Mario Bros U. I've favorited them, but they are not fully integrated. Id think it'd be fun to post after a deathmatch, but not easily.

I don't know. I mean, it is nice to see the tips or whatever when playing NSMBU around the map... But other than that, hitting the "post to MiiVerse" button is not much different than hitting MiiVerse button itself. But that's just me...

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Yea, I think it's nice that every game by default had a Miiverse community, that's awesome. But Miiverse integration is cool as well like with Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Third party developers didn't get the Miiverse stuff until really late which is why games with Miiverse integration are few at the moment. But I'm sure many more will implement it soon.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
I've noticed recently that people (I guess I should narrow it down to my friends list) are posting a little less. I check my activity (since I follow all of my friends) and haven't seen much very recently. Are you guys finding it's not fun to make new posts? Almost seems to be like Google+ where there was lots of activity, now not so much.

I try to post a few things from each of my sessions, like a progress thing, or something in the game I'm playing (like NSMB U). Just haven't seen much activity lately, but the friends list says you've been online or been logged in recently.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
I've noticed recently that people (I guess I should narrow it down to my friends list) are posting a little less. I check my activity (since I follow all of my friends) and haven't seen much very recently. Are you guys finding it's not fun to make new posts? Almost seems to be like Google+ where there was lots of activity, now not so much.

I try to post a few things from each of my sessions, like a progress thing, or something in the game I'm playing (like NSMB U). Just haven't seen much activity lately, but the friends list says you've been online or been logged in recently.

While traveling for Christmas, I've not been online much, so that has attributed to my lack of posts and seeing if others have posted or not.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:

I haven't played Wii U much lately. Since a few days before Christmas, I was in NY for a few days. Then got back home and got busy with going back to my usual routine with work and everything. Only until recently did I hook my Wii U back up and get to play it. When I do play, I try and post to Miiverse sometimes... I just haven't gotten to play much lately which is why there wasn't as much activity now.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
I just don't have a lot of time to post. When I am playing (since my time is limited), I want to focus on playing and not get distracted with posting to Miiverse. I think Miiverse is really cool and I like posting to it when I do. Anytime someone sends me a message on Miiverse, I make sure to respond to it. Sometimes, if I have just a few minutes, I will go Miiverse and browse the game communities.

I received a review copy of Family Party 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade for the WiiU - FYI - this game is an absolute piece of trash =D. Anyways, I went on the community for this game and saw all the very negative remarks people posted, it was really quite entertaining.

Anyways, so to sum it up...I don't post much, but I'd like to post more as time allows. Miiverse is cool. I keep forgetting to check my activity feed. Thanks for reminding me Greg!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
JHardin1112 wrote:
I received a review copy of Family Party 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade for the WiiU - FYI - this game is an absolute piece of trash =D. Anyways, I went on the community for this game and saw all the very negative remarks people posted, it was really quite entertaining.

That is one of the things I like most about MiiVerse -- allowing people to post comments about a game, especially one that sucks! That way, the developers and potential buyers can see what people think of the game. Ideally, it should cut down on the bloatware over time (ideally).

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
hattrick wrote:
JHardin1112 wrote:

That is one of the things I like most about MiiVerse -- allowing people to post comments about a game, especially one that sucks! That way, the developers and potential buyers can see what people think of the game. Ideally, it should cut down on the bloatware over time (ideally).

I tend to see these most often. People asking if the game is good. I'll try to contribute when I can. Seems those are the posts answered most frequently.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Would be neat if they added an icon or something next to a person's name if they have actually played the game or not. That way you can separate out the trolls from the rest. Having said that... I haven't really seen any trolls or anything that would necessarily need that icon there. Just a thought that came to my head just now.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
There is an icon, just not by the name. There is a check mark in the lower right.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Gamer Greg wrote:
There is an icon, just not by the name. There is a check mark in the lower right.

Yep, it's a little cube by the other icons that show how many "yeah's" and replies.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

Yep, it's a little cube by the other icons that show how many "yeah's" and replies.

Oh, well then, that covers that suggestion lol.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Wrist Strap

IDK about the miiverse being anything like google+.. Being a member of 3+ xenfro communities I find it to be more like xenfro really.. As with xenfro whenever some one replies to a post in the miiverse that you may have posted in also gets shown: no matter what the activity is. The same happens when some one gives a yeah from what I've noticed.

I wish there was a way to turn off the settings for replied posts showing up in your own personal feed though.. Some feed I can see getting such as feedback for a post made; or what not of your own but to get sent back to the activity of the post that was responded to kind of gets old after a while. <~< (No offense to those who like this feature. I just tent to think it's tedious & a bit repetitive.)

I also noticed in Nintendo Land that awards are given out to people who play as stamps & can be viewed on other mii's profiles if you allow other people's mii's into your town square (or whatever it's called). Yet when you look at some one's profile there is no awards with in the miiverse.. Yet in game when the wifi is on & you've allowed the mii's to come into your town square you can see that mii's accomplishments.

So in the end I wonder if the awards are just restricted to the games they're attached to for now & will be complimented into the miiverse some time in the future?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Lyn wrote:
IDK about the miiverse being anything like google+.. Being a member of 3+ xenfro communities I find it to be more like xenfro really.. As with xenfro whenever some one replies to a post in the miiverse that you may have posted in also gets shown: no matter what the activity is. The same happens when some one gives a yeah from what I've noticed.

I wish there was a way to turn off the settings for replied posts showing up in your own personal feed though.. Some feed I can see getting such as feedback for a post made; or what not of your own but to get sent back to the activity of the post that was responded to kind of gets old after a while. <~< (No offense to those who like this feature. I just tent to think it's tedious & a bit repetitive.)

I also noticed in Nintendo Land that awards are given out to people who play as stamps & can be viewed on other mii's profiles if you allow other people's mii's into your town square (or whatever it's called). Yet when you look at some one's profile there is no awards with in the miiverse.. Yet in game when the wifi is on & you've allowed the mii's to come into your town square you can see that mii's accomplishments.

So in the end I wonder if the awards are just restricted to the games they're attached to for now & will be complimented into the miiverse some time in the future?

The awards/accomplishments you're referring to are indeed game-specific. There is no system-wide support for that kind of thing and there won't be. Nintendo has said they want to be flexible with third parties so they are free to do their own awards systems. So it's game-specific, not incorporated into your account or anything for Wii U.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
There's been a number of updates over the past few months has anyone took the time to check them out? I like how they always looking to better the experience. I like how you can assign a face to the posts and how they are expanding the communities. For example, NSMB U has now been divided to posts from the game, and a general discussion about the game. Other recent updates include the Legend of Zelda community as well.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
There's been a number of updates over the past few months has anyone took the time to check them out? I like how they always looking to better the experience. I like how you can assign a face to the posts and how they are expanding the communities. For example, NSMB U has now been divided to posts from the game, and a general discussion about the game. Other recent updates include the Legend of Zelda community as well.

I haven't explored all the new changes too much, but I like being able to easily filter through posts more... that's been quite helpful. I like the constant new changes they're making, that's great.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Today's Update:
- adds the ability for users to add screenshots to their comments
- any user you've blocked will not be able to follow you
- automatically removes you from their follow list

Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
With my current unstable connection, I have limited my posts. Sometimes I am lucky, but otherwise if I respond, it's likely that I logged in from a PC.

Fri May 31, 2013 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
They really have been updating this thing constantly and making it better, which is great. Now we can make posts from a PC (not just replies) and they changed stuff like three minutes between posts instead of five minutes.

Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I've really enjoyed being able to check and post from my phone and computer. That helps, because I used to immediately go to Miiverse as soon as I turned on my Wii U. Now, I can go play a game, because I've been checking in Miiverse with other means.

Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
I love MiiVerse! It's a great community feature, I love sharing artwork, and it's hilarious when I see posts like the infamous "y cant metroid crawl?" (and a little bit depressing to know just how much some games hold our hands nowadays). It's one of the first things I check when I boot up my Wii U.

Even though I only have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS, I find that it's still a very useful tool when I want to ask a question or post my thoughts. The same can be said about ANY game one may own on a different platform (like old SNES games).

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next