It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Wii U Freezing/Disconnecting 
Lakitu

NNID: noahdp
Post Re: Wii U Freezing/Disconnecting
So far I have put about 20 hours into my Wii U and it hasn't frozen once.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:35 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Had another freeze, but this was from the Wii Menu.

I played Epic Mickey 2 (got the Wii version to review) and when I finished, I did my normal home button to return to Wii Menu (not sure, but I always been in the habit shutting it down this way on my normal Wii), then clicked on the Wii U menu icon and got a "Please refer to Wii Operations instruction manual" type of error. It didn't load the Wii U menu and controls were frozen on both the GamePad and Wiimote. But the system let me do a normal power down (just pressing the power button on the console). I powered it back on and it was fine.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Hasn't frozen at all since the other day when I mentioned it. :smile:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Ever since I used my Y-cable for my external hard drive... no freezes. I don't know if that fixed it, or the system update soon after that, or if it's just a coincidence. But things are working right now.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
An update:

My Wii U experience has taken a turn for the worst. On December 5, I got Black Ops II, so I went to update my Wii U. While it was updating, I went to unplug the GamePad charger, and accidentally unplugged the Wii U power cord. It bricked, and I had to send it in.

WAIT, it gets worse...

I got my Wii U back about two weeks later, and plugged it in, but it wouldn't display anything on my TV. I tried my HDMI cable, RCA cable, and MULTIPLE TVs (all of which worked before my Wii U bricked), and nothing worked. I called Nintendo, and I have to send it in again.

I'm so frustrated right now, especially since the Rayman Legends demo and Nintendo TVii have been released, and I probably won't have my Wii U back for about three weeks. I was hoping to play tons of it over the Christmas holidays, but now the odds of that happening are looking pretty slim.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Oreanta wrote:
An update:

My Wii U experience has taken a turn for the worst. On December 5, I got Black Ops II, so I went to update my Wii U. While it was updating, I went to unplug the GamePad charger, and accidentally unplugged the Wii U power cord. It bricked, and I had to send it in.

WAIT, it gets worse...

I got my Wii U back about two weeks later, and plugged it in, but it wouldn't display anything on my TV. I tried my HDMI cable, RCA cable, and MULTIPLE TVs (all of which worked before my Wii U bricked), and nothing worked. I called Nintendo, and I have to send it in again.

I'm so frustrated right now, especially since the Rayman Legends demo and Nintendo TVii have been released, and I probably won't have my Wii U back for about three weeks. I was hoping to play tons of it over the Christmas holidays, but now the odds of that happening are looking pretty slim.

Sorry to hear that. I don't have the GamePad and console plugged in next to each other. I did on launch day, but I didn't want to unplug from the power strip until later that night. I couldn't keep it there since my cats have a history of chewing through thin cords like that. They've wrecked the original Wii sensor bar cord along with numerous other electronics (their favorite being our alarm clocks and iPod cords). So I only really charge it overnight, in a locked room where they can't get to it.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
Well according to Purolator, I SHOULD be getting it back in the next couple of days... It's been over a month, and I've got some gaming to do and an impending long weekend to do it in!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Dude, that's a long time to be without the system. I hope you get it back asap and get to catch up on your lost gaming time.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm
Bob-omb

3DS Friend Code:
4553-9962-6820
So I found out why my Wii U's video wasn't working the second time!

The people who unbricked my Wii U were using it on a 1080p television, and none of my TVs can display 1080p. The GamePad was no longer synced up, so I couldn't change the settings that way. I had to bring it to Best Buy and sync my GamePad there.

I was glad that the customer service representative I talked to knew what he was talking about... I thought one of my TVs displayed in 1080p, but I guess I was wrong. If only the person I talked to the second time knew that, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble!

Oh well, I've got my Wii U back and with all the new demos, Miiverse, and games, I've got lots to do! I'm just happy to have it back.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
Oreanta wrote:
So I found out why my Wii U's video wasn't working the second time!

The people who unbricked my Wii U were using it on a 1080p television, and none of my TVs can display 1080p. The GamePad was no longer synced up, so I couldn't change the settings that way. I had to bring it to Best Buy and sync my GamePad there.

I was glad that the customer service representative I talked to knew what he was talking about... I thought one of my TVs displayed in 1080p, but I guess I was wrong. If only the person I talked to the second time knew that, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble!

Oh well, I've got my Wii U back and with all the new demos, Miiverse, and games, I've got lots to do! I'm just happy to have it back.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2