It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Getting everything up and running on the Wii U, help please? 
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Getting everything up and running on the Wii U, help please?
So I am done with the updates.

Question: Is the eShop sign in different from your Nintendo network sign in? I know I have a eShop account, Ive bought stuff for my kid's 3DS on the eShop. Basically, how many different things do I need to set up to get going?

Make User on U-
Make a Mii for my User-
Sign into eShop?-
What's streetpass?
Miiverse?

Is it like Apple devices where if I'm on a new device I can just sign into my account and redownload games and content and stuff? Again from another tread.....I don't need any saves or anything from my Wii.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
Post Re: Getting everything up and running on the Wii U, help ple
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Question: Is the eShop sign in different from your Nintendo network sign in? I know I have a eShop account, Ive bought stuff for my kid's 3DS on the eShop. Basically, how many different things do I need to set up to get going?

eShop on Wii U and 3DS are different. Right now they are different accounts, although Nintendo did say that the Nintendo Network ID would eventually go to the 3DS, and thus would be shared. Right now they are completely separate.

When I accessed the Wii U eShop, it asked to link to Club Nintendo. I linked it, then was able to browse the store. That is what all there was to do there at the time.

batmanjokergorden wrote:
Is it like Apple devices where if I'm on a new device I can just sign into my account and redownload games and content and stuff?

If you didn't send your Wii stuff, then you have nothing to redownload. At the present time, Nintendo does not let games cross between handheld and home console. I requested this feature, so feel free to email it to Nintendo.

So any and all 3DS games are locked to that device, and any/all Wii/Wii U games are locked to the Wii U.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
In the future, your Nintendo Network ID will function similar to an Apple ID, but since the Wii U is the first thing with this new style of plan, you have nothing else to pull in just yet. Perhaps a future system update to the 3DS will also pull in your Nintendo Network ID, but that is just speculation for now.

The Wii U will walk you through everything you need to start. It will ask you to setup your account and your Mii associated with that account. I pulled in my Mii from my 3DS for my account, but also imported my old Wii one. I liked how my 3DS Mii had some extra features that looked like me, so I stuck with it for my account.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Ahhh ok, thanks guys.

I noticed that the Wii U didn't have a Club Nintendo code inside the box to register the U with Nintendo....I'm assuming you have to link the account directly on the Wii U to get the coins?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:03 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Ahhh ok, thanks guys.

I noticed that the Wii U didn't have a Club Nintendo code inside the box to register the U with Nintendo....I'm assuming you have to link the account directly on the Wii U to get the coins?

Yes, you just link it and the survey appeared. I got mine almost instantly and already completed it.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]