It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
E3 Expo 2011 - Nintendo Press Event (June 7) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: E3 Expo 2011 - Nintendo Press Event (June 7)
YES! So Ubisoft just had their little developer round table thing that started off with Iwata introducing them. Anyways, overall it was interesting, some really cool uses of the Wii U controller that they're doing. The Q&A was a disappointment... not because they asked bad questions, they were actually fantastic questions... but because almost all the answers were "we don't know, ask Nintendo". Hopefully we get some answers soon. But the thing I wanted the most from Ubisoft was an Assassin's Creed title. I really love this series, and I'm so glad to see it coming to Wii U. I don't care if it's a port, remake, new... whatever. As long as it's like a normal Assassin's Creed game, and not some random spin-off in a new genre or something. Ubisoft said that the capabilities of Wii U will allow this Assassin's Creed Wii U title to be the best Assassin's Creed experience on consoles... so it shall be worth the wait of not being able to own a console Assassin's Creed title! Woot!

Also, Killer Freaks From Outer Space, an exclusive Wii U title looks quite interesting: http://www.alien-conspiracy.com/index2.html. The screens there looks good for something that is quite far away and also put together rather quickly, as Ubisoft said.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Its a problem when developers cant even agree on the power of the system. Would have been nice to know how it compared to PS3 and 360, but they said that they just have no idea, implying its not that much more powerful, especially if they had time to work on a game of it with actually gameplay and demo, which is what should have been shown at the press event, not videos of PS360 footage.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Its a problem when developers cant even agree on the power of the system. Would have been nice to know how it compared to PS3 and 360, but they said that they just have no idea, implying its not that much more powerful, especially if they had time to work on a game of it with actually gameplay and demo, which is what should have been shown at the press event, not videos of PS360 footage.

Did you actually read the live blogs? They mentioned they do not have final dev kits, so obviously they don't know how it would compare. Would have been nice to get an estimate, but they did say they don't have final dev kits and they're still learning the hardware, plus they are a year off from launch... a lot can change in a year.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Did you actually read the live blogs? They mentioned they do not have final dev kits, so obviously they don't know how it would compare. Would have been nice to get an estimate, but they did say they don't have final dev kits and they're still learning the hardware, plus they are a year off from launch... a lot can change in a year.

A year from launch without full dev kits seems risky.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 pm
5000+ Club

DarkWish wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Of course I read live blogs, I said that they said that they just have no idea, its not like I picked the phrase from the air and further I commented that they had time to work on a game for the system, Ghost Recon Online and demo...If Ubisoft is such a "close" partner then what other dev kit would Ubisoft have?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:

It's Nintendo, they're quite secretive about things. I have a feeling they'll give full dev kits soon now that E3 is over. Besides, there's a good chance it was someone at Ubisoft that leaked all the Wii U stuff about the controller and everything, so you can't blame them for not giving final dev kits yet if they want to be super secretive like they always are.

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Of course I read live blogs, I said that they said that they just have no idea, its not like I picked the phrase from the air and further I commented that they had time to work on a game for the system, Ghost Recon Online and demo...If Ubisoft is such a "close" partner then what other dev kit would Ubisoft have?

This "close" partner was also likely the source of all the big Wii U leaks about the controller. And why are you asking me the question, Ubisoft is the one that said they don't have the final dev kit, not me. Ask them why.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:

It's Nintendo, they're quite secretive about things. I have a feeling they'll give full dev kits soon now that E3 is over. Besides, there's a good chance it was someone at Ubisoft that leaked all the Wii U stuff about the controller and everything, so you can't blame them for not giving final dev kits yet if they want to be super secretive like they always are.

Doesn't mean it's not a bad idea. Most quality games take multiple years to develop.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 pm
Pokémon Master

Which is why 3rd party launch titles will mostly consist of worse ports of games that have been out for months.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm
Pokémon Master

So, here's the back of the system (split into two pics):

ImageImage

There's the power port (yellow), AV port (black), sensor bar port (red), HDMI port (silver), and on the right of the vent is two USB ports.

What's important here is that there is no ethernet port or optical audio out. That means, if they don't add them, people will have to use a USB-ethernet adapter for wired connections, and many people won't be able to utilize their 5.1 surround sound systems. These are two things that must be changed to satisfy the hardcore audience.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:03 am
Pokémon Master

So, Mario Kart 3DS is being developed by Retro Studios, which bodes well for the game, because Retro magically makes every game they touch awesome.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:08 pm
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
So, Mario Kart 3DS is being developed by Retro Studios, which bodes well for the game, because Retro magically makes every game they touch awesome.

Apparently its just one or two levels, so nto full development :(

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Post E3 Expo 2011 - Nintendo Press Event (June 7)
Retro should make the next Zelda.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:38 pm
5000+ Club

I wonder when the system will release? Summer seems awkward for new console hardwares

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
schmete wrote:

Apparently its just one or two levels, so nto full development :(

That's legitimately disappointing. So is the fact that Luigi's Mansion on 3DS doesn't use the same control scheme as the original. In the GCN game, you had to point your vacuum at ghosts using the C Stick and use the analog to move Luigi away from the ghost. This was particularly difficult, and also what made the game pretty fun.

However, in the 3DS version, the obvious setback is that there is only one analog slider, so it's impossible to replicate the controls (unless you use the touch screen, which is not the case). The only potential replacement they may have incorporated is using the gyroscope to aim the vacuum vertically, but that's a pretty stupid idea, IMO.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 pm
Pokémon Master

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:47 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

http://kotaku.com/5811246/why-the-wii-u-is-missing-the-point I lol'd

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4