Post Re: Why are you a Nintendo Fan?
JumpingGirraffe wrote:
Gametex wrote:
Now, my whole games console collection is:
Nintendo DS
DS Lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSi XL

So.. you own all 4 DS's? I myself just got the DS Lite then a 3DS. I never found a good enough reason to upgrade... What was your reason? Did anyone else do this?

I owned the first 3 individually, but sold each one for the next one up. Since the 3DS was announced before the XL launched, I chose to skip it.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Goomba

JumpingGirraffe wrote:
Gametex wrote:
Now, my whole games console collection is:
Nintendo DS
DS Lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSi XL

So.. you own all 4 DS's? I myself just got the DS Lite then a 3DS. I never found a good enough reason to upgrade... What was your reason? Did anyone else do this?

I think the only reason I got all 4 was because I was stupid enough to think that the XL was actually going to have more than the DSi. It did, but it was bigger and it came with Brain Training, that was all.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm
Wrist Strap

Because Nintendo made my childhood happy . . .

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 am
Pikmin Chucker

You know I never did post in this thread. I got into Nintendo way back. There was an NES at my Grandma's house down the street and I would sit in front of her TV and play Mario Bros. 3 and Turtles 3 when she wasn't playing Tetris. I never did have an SNES but I was pretty content with the situation I had. It wasn't untill Christmas of 98 that I got an N64 and was able to have a home console. My parents had got me and my older brother Sega Game Gears but we didn't have anything to play on our TV. Anyways I've owned every Nintendo system since the N64. On a side note the Sega Game Gear was awesome.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 am
Space Pirate

Yeah, I think I started with the SNES, as I didn't have an interest in technology until I was about 10, when the SNES came out. And boy am I glad I bought it. It was like entering heaven. Then, I did this:
SNES
N64
GC
GBL
GBC
GBA

After the GBA I somehow lost interest in Nintendo, and I got interested in SONY's PlayStation and also the Xbox. But, when they announced a dual-screen Nintendo handheld, I slowly drifted back:

NDS
Wii
DSi
3DS

And now we're here, in the present.

Mario Kart 7 Community Codes
NintendoFuse 150cc: 49-7013-6157-1921
NintendoFuse Battle: 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:42 pm
Fire Flower

3DS Friend Code:
1848-2157-3130
For me, it's as simple as: the first console I ever played was a Super Nintendo. Naturally, I fell in love with games like Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Final Fantasy 2 (4 in Japan) and these games would come to be the quintessential image of what a videogame is in my eyes. I later received a Nintendo 64 for christmas one time (with Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros, infatuation was inevitable) and like any boy growing up at the dawn of the twenty-first century I had a Game Boy Advance. While I wasn't fully aware that either console existed before I was given them, I was fully aware of the Nintendo Game Cube before I owned one my self (played Star Fox Adventures, at a friends house) and spent the next two years pestering my parents for one to call my own. Finally, after graduating from Grade 2, my Mom took me to the nearest Zellers (a Candian store chain, similar to Target in the US) and I pointed out the purple Game Cube sitting on the bottom rack (purple was also the colour of my Game Boy Advance and my favourite colour.) The very same hi-jinx ensued for the Nintendo DS and Wii (I ended up buying the Wii with my own money, acquired through my work as an Extra.) A decade and a half later, and I've still yet to play a Nintendo system I don't like (granted, I've never played a real Virtual Boy.) I always lived in the middle of nowhere and was even home schooled for many years, and apart from a few close friends who came up during the summer, I didn't have any. It's pretty well known that Shigeru Miyamoto has frequently stated that it was his experiences running around a forest as a child which inspired him to make The Legend of Zelda; the coolest thing about living in the woods as a kid was that when I wasn't playing an adventure game like Zelda, I could be found running around outside, imagining that I was Link. Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Kirby, Pokémon, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Wario, Evermore, IoG, and Super Smash Bros are all games that not only shaped my childhood but who I am as a person today; they've defined my ethics, ideals, and opinions on just about everything. Today, I'm a man who can all-too-well be summarised in a single t-shirt; a babbling anti-social Nintendo Fanboy (one of my sisters actually gave me this shirt for christmas.)

There you have it, my life story in brief! That is what this thread was asking for, right? *Reads thread title.* Wait, I was just supposed to say why I was a Nintendo fan?... Well, I've already wrote all this so I'm just going to leave it here.

Post script: On one final nostalgic note, one of the earliest memories I have is of my Mom and I playing Super Mario World when I was about three or four. Some co-op sessions you just don't forget.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

I've never seen you around here (but I do see that you joined a while back), but hello there. It's nice to see more Canadians (no, I'm not Canadian, but there have been Canadians here/still are?).

I find Ontario quite boring, but I've really only driven the small section on the 401/402/403 from New York to Michigan (many, many times).

Sorry, that was off topic.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 pm
5000+ Club

Jack wrote:
I've never seen you around here (but I do see that you joined a while back), but hello there. It's nice to see more Canadians (no, I'm not Canadian, but there have been Canadians here/still are?).

I find Ontario quite boring, but I've really only driven the small section on the 401/402/403 from New York to Michigan (many, many times).

Isnt JG canadian? Oh and EB too.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

EB was the "still here?"

:P

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am
Fire Flower

gooby pls dis is fus frm

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Jack wrote:

Isnt JG canadian? Oh and EB too.

Yep. Born and true. Not sure about EB.

Oh, well you pass my place then. Stop by an say hi next time. :p

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Wrist Strap

Gamer Greg wrote:
Simple, the games are perfect for my taste. The characters and series are well made and mostly a nostalgic for me.

I agree. I just like the games more then Sony. :smile:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 pm
Wrist Strap

Post Why are you a Nintendo Fan?
The NES was my first Nintendo system and it hooked me in for life. I've tried other systems, but their franchises never had the appeal that the Marios, Zeldas, and Metroids did.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:41 pm
Wrist Strap

Post Why are you a Nintendo Fan?
The first console I ever played was the SNES and then the Game Boy, I too lost touch with Nintendo by trying other platforms but was re-introduced to Nintendo with the N64 I will never turn away from Nintendo ever again and when I have kids that is what they will grow up on.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
For its two reasons Pokemon and Kid Icarus

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:37 am
Space Pirate

3DS Friend Code:
0619-3199-4715
Mainly, it's because of the games, characters, and the franchises which are overall in my opinion the best game franchises. ever I got a gamecube when I was six, but it died 9 years later, honestly I was asked if I wanted an xbox which means if I chose xbox I would not be a nintendo fan today so i'm very happy I chose gamecube.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Original question: Why are you a Nintendo Fan?

Because I am. :gba:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2