It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Nintendo Download – December 27, 2012 
Wario

Post Nintendo Download – December 27, 2012
NintendoFuse News

Let’s see what Nintendo has in store for this holiday Nintendo Download (pun intended)!

First of all, there is a sale on the Nintendo eShop for Wii U. Three games — Chasing Auroa, Little Inferno, and Trine 2 — are all on sale until January 3, 4, and 7, respectably.

As for new releases, Nintendo’s water-based puzzler makes its way to the eShop form3DS in Fluidity: Spin Cycle. Two classics also hit the 3DS — Mega Man and Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels. If you are into military games, you can check out Shock Troopers 2nd Squad for the Wii Virtual Console.

If none of those are your thing, there is also some soccer, mahjong, and several other games out for the 3DS and DSi. We have posted the full list of all the games/videos and prices below, along with the official press release, straight from Nintendo of America. Be sure to let us know what game(s) or apps get you excited to play. Let us know in the comments below or in our forums!

Nintendo eShop on 3DS

• Fluidity: Spin Cycle ($10.99)

• Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels ($4.99)

• Mega Man ($4.99)

• Johnny Impossible ($5.99)

• Mahjong 3D – Warriors of the Emperor ($9.99)

Nintendo Video on Nintendo 3DS

• A Jam-Packed Year-in-Review (FREE)

DSiWare on DSi Shop and Nintendo eShop for 3DS

• Goooooal América ($4.99 / 500 Points)

• Jump Trials Extreme ($1.99 / 200 Points)

• Wizard Defenders ($1.99 / 200 Points)

Virtual Console on Wii Shop

• Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (900 Points)

Holiday Deals on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U

• Chasing Aurora ($7.49)

• Little Inferno ($9.99)

• Trine 2: Director’s Cut ($15.99)

——————————–

20121227-082647.jpg

20121227-082639.jpg

20121227-082600.jpg

[PR Email from Nintendo of America]

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Re: Nintendo Download – December 27, 2012
Really don't feel the price of an NES game should be 5 dollars. It should be something like 1 dollar. Don't care if it was one of the best titles of the system. By now, 25 years later, it shouldn't being trying to turn such a big profit.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Really don't feel the price of an NES game should be 5 dollars. It should be something like 1 dollar. Don't care if it was one of the best titles of the system. By now, 25 years later, it shouldn't being trying to turn such a big profit.

Agreed. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay $5 for an NES game, if I really wanted it, but more than likely I would pass. I am considering purchasing Fluidity:Spin Cycle, but the $11 price tag seems a bit too much. At least it is getting good reviews. I own the original on WiiWare (I got it as a Club Nintendo reward), but I've never played more than 5 minutes of it.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:25 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
JHardin1112 wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Agreed. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay $5 for an NES game, if I really wanted it, but more than likely I would pass.

I don't think $5 is too much. I don't think SMB should be the same price as Angry Birds. I know it's 25 years old, but that doesn't mean it's completely worthless.

I think it should be playable on all Nintendo devices though, and I keep emailing Nintendo to tell them that. I shouldn't have to buy it on the 3DS, then have to buy it on the 4DS, Wii, Wii U, Wii UU, etc.

JHardin1112 wrote:
I am considering purchasing Fluidity:Spin Cycle, but the $11 price tag seems a bit too much. At least it is getting good reviews. I own the original on WiiWare (I got it as a Club Nintendo reward), but I've never played more than 5 minutes of it.

From what I've played I'm a little disappointed it with it so far. I still need more play time with it. I just can't get over how they changed it so radically from the original one.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
I only say it is because of the fact that you can get most iOS games for .99. You really have to look at it from that perspective.

I could also guarantee Nintendo that if they made all NES games .99, they would achieve great sales every month. Heck, I would be even inclined to purchase a bunch of them as gifts to give out to other people. See, there's always an incentive to make more profit without making games expensive.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:15 pm
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
I only say it is because of the fact that you can get most iOS games for .99. You really have to look at it from that perspective.

I could also guarantee Nintendo that if they made all NES games .99, they would achieve great sales every month. Heck, I would be even inclined to purchase a bunch of them as gifts to give out to other people. See, there's always an incentive to make more profit without making games expensive.

I understand that, but then why not say that NSMB U should be 99 cents? It's a downloadable game. I see that SMB (NES) is worth more than Angry Birds.

You also cannot say that $5 more expensive than the original copy. Some NES games still go for $40 or more dollars, so $5 for a virtual copy seems fine. It's also not like they are cranking out a dozen titles I want within a month. If they lowered it to like $3 or $4, that's fine with me, but I just don't think they should be 99 cents.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Physical copies are different. They are limited in supply, and the supply dwindles as copies fall into the hands of collectors (never to see the light of day again) or break. They are relics with historical significance, like a clay jar from the ruins of Pompeii.

Electronic copies are like imitation Roman clay pots made in China. They do the same thing, but don't have the same historical significance.

As far as these imitation pots go, I don't think that Super Mario Brothers is worth as much as Angry Birds. In the past few years, I have spent much more time playing Angry Birds than SMB; I'd much rather play a modern iteration of the Mario series.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:17 pm
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

I understand that, but then why not say that NSMB U should be 99 cents? It's a downloadable game. I see that SMB (NES) is worth more than Angry Birds.

You also cannot say that $5 more expensive than the original copy. Some NES games still go for $40 or more dollars, so $5 for a virtual copy seems fine. It's also not like they are cranking out a dozen titles I want within a month. If they lowered it to like $3 or $4, that's fine with me, but I just don't think they should be 99 cents.

If NSMB U would have been 49.99. I would have been totally 100% ok with it, but since it's 59, I am about 80 percent ok with it. I think the new standard of 59.99( I know, not all U games are following suit.) is a bit too much. They should have kept it at 50. On top of keeping with the current console pricing trend of going higher. $300 (we will just use the base model as the black model comes with a game and a few other things as well as bigger memory.)

Nintendo kinda eased their way into the High Def era with their very low cost producing Wii games. And I think we all know just how much money Nintendo made from the Wii. Definitely you can say that the new motion control style of playing on the Wii was a big factor on moving units. But......just as much as motion control, PRICE was a great factor as well. Being 100$ to $150 cheaper than the cheapest Xbox at the time it came out made it very enticing to consumers. Point being is they made a BUTT-LOAD of cash last gen. How much more cash do you need? Keep prices low, keep the quality games high, watch as sales continue to stay strong and flourish.

But hey it's a free country....Nintendo and publishers can set whatever prices they want. If I don't like the price of games, I don't have to buy games right? Correct. And that's just EXACTLY what I will do, I won't take the time to invest in some good entertainment if it's gonna break my wallet or I know the company's being greedy.

But you have your point from your perspective Greg too. And it's right too. Now I am pretty sure you are up a couple of income brackets higher than me(around 20 g's a year is what I make), so maybe the prices right now don't effect you right now too much. I am sure if my income was 25% to %50 more, I probably wouldn't have a problem paying any of the prices they have set right now.

So why am I discussing this if I would have no problem with paying prices if my income was higher? Why gripe about some higher prices? Because you all know if Nintendo could sell to almost everybody in the country, they would. BUT that would have to include ALL income brackets then. And you know Nintendo probably tries to cover as much market share as possible. So I think I have a great point to put out there that Nintendo should never be greedy, no one should, it's bad for the soul.

Everyone knows Nintendo is great game maker, they would have no problem with making their products a little cheaper to make them more accessible to everyone. The money would still roll in the same, possibly even greater sales.

Good open discussion Greg. :dslite:

Sorry I kinda go everywhere when it comes to discussions. Still have to work on being neat in my writing.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 pm
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

If NSMB U would have been 49.99. I would have been totally 100% ok with it, but since it's 59, I am about 80 percent ok with it. I think the new standard of 59.99( I know, not all U games are following suit.) is a bit too much. They should have kept it at 50. On top of keeping with the current console pricing trend of going higher. $300 (we will just use the base model as the black model comes with a game and a few other things as well as bigger memory.)

Nintendo kinda eased their way into the High Def era with their very low cost producing Wii games. And I think we all know just how much money Nintendo made from the Wii. Definitely you can say that the new motion control style of playing on the Wii was a big factor on moving units. But......just as much as motion control, PRICE was a great factor as well. Being 100$ to $150 cheaper than the cheapest Xbox at the time it came out made it very enticing to consumers. Point being is they made a BUTT-LOAD of cash last gen. How much more cash do you need? Keep prices low, keep the quality games high, watch as sales continue to stay strong and flourish.

But hey it's a free country....Nintendo and publishers can set whatever prices they want. If I don't like the price of games, I don't have to buy games right? Correct. And that's just EXACTLY what I will do, I won't take the time to invest in some good entertainment if it's gonna break my wallet or I know the company's being greedy.

But you have your point from your perspective Greg too. And it's right too. Now I am pretty sure you are up a couple of income brackets higher than me(around 20 g's a year is what I make), so maybe the prices right now don't effect you right now too much. I am sure if my income was 25% to %50 more, I probably wouldn't have a problem paying any of the prices they have set right now.

So why am I discussing this if I would have no problem with paying prices if my income was higher? Why gripe about some higher prices? Because you all know if Nintendo could sell to almost everybody in the country, they would. BUT that would have to include ALL income brackets then. And you know Nintendo probably tries to cover as much market share as possible. So I think I have a great point to put out there that Nintendo should never be greedy, no one should, it's bad for the soul.

Everyone knows Nintendo is great game maker, they would have no problem with making their products a little cheaper to make them more accessible to everyone. The money would still roll in the same, possibly even greater sales.

Sorry I kinda go everywhere when it comes to discussions. Still have to work on being neat in my writing.

Low prices are great and yes $60 for game is a bit much and they could just have left it where it was. But if you think about it, the wii u is more complex and takes more time to make the game because of all the stuff being programmed into it. And yes, if the sales where lower that would maybe make more people buy it. Personally I think that Nintendo (as you might have seen) has dropped in stock by a lot science the wii. The wii was a lower priced concol compared to other game systems.

Because of the ever lowering stock market, I don't think Nintendo wants to take that risk of dropping prices and loosing more money. Of course Nintendo (like most people) do want to maximize the price of games to earn just that much more money. They no that people will still pay that price if every other game company has the same price for there game, and anyone that buys the system will definety buy there games of choice. When Nintendo expects someone to buy a system they expect 3 more games to be bought along with it with in 2 months for each person who has one.

It's such a complicated presses they have :smile:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:07 am
Profile YIM
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
cocoa wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

But if you think about it, the wii u is more complex and takes more time to make the game because of all the stuff being programmed into it.

See that's what they said at the beginning of the PS3 and Xbox 360 cycle, in other words, the programming was difficult and more dev time needed to be added to these complicated games for the next Generation. That's how Nintendo eased their way into the Hi Def era. they put it off for 6 years, not literally, but they have a 1080p console 6 years later. You can't tell me their haven't been some kind of advances in that time to bring down development costs. I am sure there have been.

Want to know something? Maybe I'm wrong here, but this is one subject that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I am sure everyone has heard of the Nintendo Dolphin emulator. Well I have that on my mac. I had a copy of NSMB Wii to play on that emulator. Funny thing is, when you play that game on that emulator, especially on a 27" mac, you can play in 1080p........wha? Someone tell me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that the emulator just ups the polygon count in everything to make it look crisp and Hi Def. I was flabbergasted! From what I've read online, the Wii CAN do that, it's just that when outputted to a tv through AV cables, you can only play outputted to 480p. What's wrong here? If they were able to do this in the Wii era......why would it warrant Nintendo to up the price on NSMB U on Wii U?

Heck I even played some GAMECUBE games on that emulator that look almost high def.

Kinda doesn't make sense to me, but also, kinda does......Nintendo, are you saying you have the same dev time problems the other developers have in the industry only to overcharge on games?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

I don't think it's as easy as sitting on the cash. Didn't a number of execs take pay cuts because of the $80 price drop on the 3DS? Hasn't the Nintendo stock been plummeting since the Wii U's reveal? I know Nintendo is not in immediate danger to exit the business, but it doesn't seem like they are just happily partying all day every day. The 3DS tanked hard that first year and they were losing money on the console.

The income gap may be the big picture here, but as Cocoa was saying the development costs have increased. Also the time increases to develop these games and they need to recoup some extra cash. When they upped the 3DS games by $5-$10 I was ready to not pay it. I've only bought games I had to have and not trying out some of the others. Others I will wait for sales. I know it's in the mindset to own on release day, but as I will see with the Wii U games, I may be going after the buy 1 get one 50% off or buy 2 get one free deals more frequently now. I've been lucky there's only been a hand full of titles I had to have. The only Wii U games I want now do not even have release dates.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

I'd rather they kept it at $50 as well, but as someone that doesn't have the inside know of costs, development costs, development time and all of that and can only speculate with opinions; I just choose to accept it. In the end it's less games to buy full price and more when they hit sales. I'm blessed I had the holiday season to have the games I had to have along with all of the maybe titles.

Maybe NSMB U didn't deserve the extra $10, but based on my enjoyment thus far I'm fine with it. I'm finding that the difficulty increased faster, the coins are not simple brain-numbing jumps and some are well hidden. The hidden exits are well hidden too. I also love the challenge mode and hope to use the boost mode at some point.

batmanjokergorden wrote:
Want to know something? Maybe I'm wrong here, but this is one subject that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I am sure everyone has heard of the Nintendo Dolphin emulator. Well I have that on my mac. I had a copy of NSMB Wii to play on that emulator. Funny thing is, when you play that game on that emulator, especially on a 27" mac, you can play in 1080p........wha? Someone tell me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that the emulator just ups the polygon count in everything to make it look crisp and Hi Def. I was flabbergasted! From what I've read online, the Wii CAN do that, it's just that when outputted to a tv through AV cables, you can only play outputted to 480p. What's wrong here? If they were able to do this in the Wii era......why would it warrant Nintendo to up the price on NSMB U on Wii U?

Heck I even played some GAMECUBE games on that emulator that look almost high def.

Kinda doesn't make sense to me, but also, kinda does......Nintendo, are you saying you have the same dev time problems the other developers have in the industry only to overcharge on games?

I'm seeing that with Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two being played off Wii U. If you have a moment check out the video I posted in the thread that I captured with my new capture card. The game looks pretty darn good. I will have to see other Wii games to see how they stack up as I know that's a final Wii title using it to the fullest. I know nothing about graphics and 480p to 1080p, but maybe they wanted to save the extra bucks outputting it weaker then it could have been? As I was saying though, I don't know the costs, and with the new modes and off screen play and such perhaps it warrants $10 more.

It'd be one thing to repackage the Wii one with new levels like they did with NSMB 2 and the original DS one.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]