It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
The Dark Domain (My Journal) 
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
Post Re: The Dark Domain (My Journal)
Weave wrote:
DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:
Any reason why they insist on putting the computer in your room?

Let's see... why not their room? No room there apparently. Why not on the main level somewhere? Too much noise there. Why not in the basement? Nobody goes there. And to the last one... if I try to challenge that incredibly stupid excuse, my dad says, "Shut up and be thankful for what you have. There are people dying out there and you're concerned about a computer in your room." He can be very extreme like that. There is no changing his mind on this it seems.

Sounds like it's time to move out.

Agreed. You're done school now right?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
JumpingGirraffe wrote:
Agreed. You're done school now right?

No, probably another two years or so left. Changed majors at the last second and switched schools and that essentially meant almost starting over.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

DarkWish wrote:
Weave wrote:
Sounds like it's time to move out.

That's not something that happens in our culture. We genereally stay with the family until marriage usually. I'm basically stuck here for the next few years. It's not all bad, it has it's pros and cons. My dad is just the issue. I don't think I will ever get along with him.

You won't be living there when classes start back up will you? Are there times when you just want to throw culture out the window when it gets frustrating? I hope I don't sound rude asking these things. I just want to try and understand it more. I couldn't imagine such an authoritative relationship with a father at the age we are now. There still should be a level of respect found between a father and son but I've always believed that with age the relationship between a child and their parents turns from a vertical relationship where the parents control the child to a more horizontal relationship where the children and parents begin to see themselves as equals but still with the respect that is found between a parent and their child. Again, I don't mean to be rude or offensive, my ignorance comes from a lack of understanding of your particular culture.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:13 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Weave wrote:
You won't be living there when classes start back up will you? Are there times when you just want to throw culture out the window when it gets frustrating? I hope I don't sound rude asking these things. I just want to try and understand it more. I couldn't imagine such an authoritative relationship with a father at the age we are now. There still should be a level of respect found between a father and son but I've always believed that with age the relationship between a child and their parents turns from a vertical relationship where the parents control the child to a more horizontal relationship where the children and parents begin to see themselves as equals but still with the respect that is found between a parent and their child. Again, I don't mean to be rude or offensive, my ignorance comes from a lack of understanding of your particular culture.

Yea, I'll still be at home. With school in session, it's not as bad since I'm not at home as often really. I have sometimes thought about walking out of the house a bit when things get frustrating, but never seriously considered moving out. The Pakistani culture is essentially that the family stays together. Often, though not always, you have grandparents living with the family as well (one of my grandmothers does). The family usually has input in marriage as well... the parents often find someone for their son/daughter and then the son/daughter gets to decide. Sort of like an arranged marriage, except you're not forced into anything, you pick. Now, that's not the only way... you can go out and find someone and then bring it up with your parents. No dating though, you're supposed to wait until you get married for anything.

Anyways, the point I'm getting at is that since I was born and raised in the US, I've sort of gotten a mix of Pakistani and American cultures. For example, I don't have a problem dating, even though my culture does. My parents would have a problem with it, but I don't share that with them. However, the idea of family being together is important to me, that part of my culture is something I appreciate. I just have issues with my dad specifically. The rest of my family I argue with sometimes and all that, but who doesn't? That's just life. And with my dad, there are times we get along, it's not all arguing.... it's just very often that we do and he just doesn't understand me.

But to get to the point here, as much as I argue with my dad on things, I don't see myself moving out of here. Not for a few years, at least (and that being when I get married and/or get a job). I did sort of move out when I went to school away from home for a few years... but I came home every like 3-4 weeks for a weekend. And that was only because of school. And no, you're not being rude at all dude. You're right about how you should grow to have that mutual respect between father and son, but that's an issue I have with my dad. He grew up in Pakistan, so I think there is a disconnect between us because he doesn't understand what growing up here is like. But my mom does as she was born here. In fact, she understands my frustrations with my dad and has sometimes said something to him about it, but even when everyone tells my dad he can be stubborn... he just gets mad and pushes it all off of himself.

------------------------------------------------

Anyways, on another note, I have a little update from the weekend. So on Sunday, I went to DC with my friend. We went to Georgetown, got Georgetown Cupcakes which I had been hearing were amazing from lots of different people. And they were, it was good... although this one place called Sweetz Bakery near my house is a bit better, I think. Anyways, we went to some museums. The African Art museum had something on the African Cosmos and my friend wanted to see that, it was interesting. Then we went to Air and Space, which was neat. We planned on going to Natural History, but it was packed and we didn't want to wait in line outside in the heat (I was fasting and it was tough not drinking water).

So the last place we went was the American Art Museum, since they had The Art of Video Games. That was pretty cool. They had some artwork on display in the first area, some cool stuff. The next area had some games to play like Super Mario Bros and Pac-Man, that was neat. And the third and final are had all the major video game consoles (no handhelds) featured in order of year of release. Each system had four games featured, with video clips that would play on a TV screen for those games. I thought they did a good job of picking a variety of titles for each system that showcased what was special about them. So that was pretty cool, I enjoyed that.

Anyways, I should really get some sleep, gotta get up in an hour or so for work.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Not too much going on the past few days...

Monday: Had work in the morning, then did homework and stuff in the afternoon, followed by class in the evening.

Tuesday: Another half day at work, then studied in the afternoon for a few hours at the library with that girl I like. I had a final to study for and she had a paper to work on.

Today (Wednesday): Off from work, studied during the day. Took my final, and my professor graded it right away... got a B on the final, but ended up with an A in the class. So glad that class is over with, summer classes are no fun.

Not much really going on in the next few days. Got work tomorrow and Friday. Nothing planned for the weekend. Might take off a day or two sometime next week to relax a bit since Fall semester classes start two weeks from today I believe.

Other than that, I've been watching Heroes season 4. Yea, it's the worst season, but it's still enjoyable and last I watched it was when it aired on TV, never watched the DVD of it that I had so I figured I would. Also next week, that seasons 1-7 Power Rangers DVD set will ship out, I'm excited about that. And then the following weekend (not this weekend, but the 18th and 19th) should be interesting. That Saturday evening, I'm getting dinner with friends, one of whom is moving away. That's also the last day of Ramadan so the next day is a celebration called Eid. And it's 3DS XL release day! I'm excited for that.

But all that's not for another week or so, the next few days seem like they're gonna be rather uneventful but I'll try to make the best of them.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So today was not bad overall. Was looking forward to work and seeing that girl there, but when I got there I found out she had called out. I texted her and found out she wasn't feeling well, but because the people at work couldn't find anyone to cover her, she had to come into work in the afternoon. The morning wasn't bad, it was busy but that was fine. The afternoon was so boring though, didn't do much which normally would be cool, but that girl and the other people at work were all busy so I couldn't really talk to any of them much.

That girl was having a bad day though. In addition to the fact she was sick, she was upset about some scheduling stuff and also wasn't happy with the paper she had to turn in for class. So I tried to be there for her and get her to smile and everything. She also showed me a picture.... apparently she tried to text it to me the other day but I didn't get it. Earlier this year, I gave her this chocolate rose for Valentine's Day (well, the day after). She showed me a picture of it in her room... apparently she still kept the rest of the "rose" and she remembered it and wanted to show me she still had it. So I was pretty happy about that, it showed she really appreciated that and it meant something.

Once I left work, she was still there for a few more hours. I texted her some corny joke and just tried to cheer her up a bit. Didn't get a response until the evening cause she said her phone died at work, but she thought it was funny and said thank you for always being there for her. So she knows I'm there for her which is good. We'll see how things go in the future.

Anyways, aside from all that just been watching more of Heroes. Skyped with a friend for a bit. Nothing else really. Gonna head to bed now, got work tomorrow.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got a new Twitter account: @hassanahmed120

My old one, @DarkWish07, will remain private and just be used for whenever I want to rant about something or whatever else. But my main account is now @hassanahmed120. I just didn't feel like cleaning up my old account. I've had some family look at my Twitter before I made it private so I know that could happen again... so that's why I want to separate the two.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So today I woke up at around 12 or 1 pm, that was nice finally being able to sleep in for a change. Went shopping a bit later... ended up going to like 4-5 stores. Got some new shirts, a new pair of jeans, cologne, and some new tennis shoes. So I'm set for a while. Then watched some more Heroes and finally ate some food. And that's been my day. It was rather boring.... but I'm still trying to decide whether that was a bad thing or whether I'm glad it wasn't a bad day. Maybe somewhere in-between.

Tomorrow, I'll probably head to my grandparents' house like most Sundays. Not sure what else. Monday, I'm off from work. Hopefully I'll get to spend time with that girl, as long as her schedule didn't change and she is still off from work. Either way, I should also be receiving my Power Rangers seasons 1-7 DVD set. Looking forward to that! Should be cool to watch those bonus features and stuff. I really hope my dad isn't working from home though, that could ruin that day. But we'll see.

The uneventful weekend continues!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Another uneventful day. Watched some more Heroes, saw the Pokemon TCG World Championships live-streamed, watched more of The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring... just kind of sat around and watched stuff really. Nothing special.

I'm off from work tomorrow. Should be getting those Power Rangers DVDs, so I'm looking forward to that. Also made plans to hang out with that girl tomorrow. Didn't decide what or when or anything yet, but we'll figure it out. And then it's back to work Tuesday.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So today was supposed to be an awesome day... but instead it was a pretty good day. Still not bad, but not as good as I was hoping for.

I was supposed to hang out with that girl today but stuff came up. So that was disappointing. However, I did get seasons 1-7 of Power Rangers on DVD! Been waiting my whole life for that, and finally got it as soon as it released. On top of that, the first two volumes of Power Rangers Super Samurai on DVD release tomorrow and I had pre-ordered them a few weeks back... turns out I got them today, a day before release. So I basically spent the day watching lots of bonus features on the seasons 1-7 set and some Super Samurai episodes. So not bad of a day... but I wore a new shirt and everything, hoping to get out of the house, so that was disappointing.

Anyways, got work tomorrow. I think I have to do training which is usually boring, but hopefully the rest of the day isn't bad. Hopefully hanging out with a friend and grabbing dinner tomorrow evening, not much time before he moves away, so that should be fun. And working the rest of the week as well... all leading up to an awesome weekend hopefully. Saturday is The Hunger Games on blu-ray. And then Sunday is a religious holiday, 3DS XL releases, and I'll download New Super Mario Bros. 2, so that should be awesome.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
Just thought I'd make your day a little bit more awesome. ;)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
JumpingGirraffe wrote:
Just thought I'd make your day a little bit more awesome. ;)

lol well that was certainly interesting.

Today was pretty good. Work was busy, but good. Didn't get to talk to that girl much, but spent some time with other people. After work, hung out with a friend at the mall and got dinner. That was fun, good times. Now I'm getting ready for sleep. Got a half day at work tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
You know how when you're really looking forward to something, time goes by so slowly while you wait... yea, that's how I feel.

Things have been great lately, nothing special to report. Work has been great, been enjoying that. Watching some Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers episodes at home in the evenings, from the DVD I recently got. Not much else really. Tomorrow I have work as well. Just so ready for the weekend!

Tomorrow starts Power Morphicon, a Power Rangers convention (the third one) in California. I can't go unfortunately, but I'm looking forward to videos of everything and hearing about what goes on. Saturday is when Saban Brands has their panel and will be making some announcements, so I'm excited about that! And I'll also be buying The Hunger Games so I can't wait to watch that again and see all the bonus features. Then I'll be staying up until midnight to download New Super Mario Bros. 2... depending on how tired I am, I might play a little bit.

Sunday is a religious holiday since Ramadan ends. Going to go for a prayer in the morning, and then I'll head off to the store to pick up the 3DS XL. Gonna go home and record an unboxing video, and then do a system transfer. And then it's off to lunch with the family, not sure what we have going on the rest of the day.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So this day has sort of been mixed so far.

Bought The Hunger Games on blu-ray from Target... watched the movie, it was good. Third time seeing it (saw it twice in theaters). Gonna watch the bonus features in a little while. Also Power Rangers Megaforce stuff was announced, which was awesome. The cast was unveiled and they look great.

However, the stuff that has been not so great is that I hung out with that girl I like. We just went to this town center area and chilled. I was gonna try and hold her hand and make some moves... but as soon as I was going to do that, she starts talking about people at work teasing her about all this. Which is nothing new, we both think it's funny. But she starts saying that it would be awkward if we dated and stuff. So now I'm super confused because I thought things were going well but from what she was saying, it sounded like she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. I think I've been friend zoned... which really sucks.

But I'm not trying to let that get me down right now (though it inevitably will in a few days once it truly kicks in, I'm sure)... just gonna try and enjoy the bonus features from The Hunger Games and stay up until midnight to download New Super Mario Bros. 2 on my 3DS.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Today was a good day! Went to Target in the morning and got the 3DS XL. Started the system transfer process, but then had to go out for prayer since it's a religious holiday. When I got back home, the transfer was done. Went to my uncle's restaurant for lunch. Then just chilled at home watching TV and playing the 3DS XL. Not much else really,

Oh, and that girl is really confusing me. She suggested today that we go running since we've both talked about needing to exercise and stuff. So it's like one day it's "let's flirt at work" and then it's "oh, it'd be awkward if we dated" and then "but let's do this and this together" but wait "we're just friends"... she needs to make up her mind. The next time we hang out, I'll have to talk to her about all this because I need a straight answer. I don't want to be wasting my time. I do really like her, but there's a limit and I'm getting near it.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
It was a good day today, not bad.

Work was okay, nothing special, just the usual. Although for the doctors and nurses it was a pretty crazy day. I had been craving these cupcakes from this place called Sweetz Bakery that are soooo good all month but I had been fasting... but now it's over and I can eat! So I decided to go for a cupcake run after work. So I gathered people's orders and went to get them. I had the cookies and cream one... it was delicious! Everyone at work was happy and I think it brightened their days a bit, so I was glad I did that. Anything to make people happy.

Then I relaxed at home, played some more on my 3DS XL, and now it's bed time. Got work tomorrow and then I'm off the rest of the week because classes start Wednesday. Not looking forward to that. But there is other fun stuff on the way. This Saturday is my 5 year high school reunion. And Sunday is a going away party for my good friend who is moving to a different state. So it should be an interesting week...

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So yesterday morning, I had my first class... Physics at 8 am at a campus 45 minutes away. Not very fun. Class itself wasn't too bad, but that still sucks. Didn't do too much the rest of the day, took a nap for a few hours. Just kind of relaxed basically. Then today I got to sleep in a bit, my first class was at 11 am: Linear Algebra. That doesn't seem like it'll be too bad, I like my professor. Afterwards is English for 3 hours... boring. Should be an easy class, but rather boring.

Then I went home, only to find out my grandfather went to the hospital. He was having chest pain and stuff and considering he had a heart attack a few years ago, he wanted to be on the safe side so he called 911. I went to the hospital for a bit and he seemed okay. They're still doing tests and stuff, but I think he's fine so that's good. Now I'm in my computer science class, which is okay... probably not much longer left, maybe another half hour or so in this lecture.

I don't have my physics lab the first week, so I have no classes tomorrow so I'll be heading to work. So that'll be nice, I do like going to work. And then my high school reunion on Saturday and a going away party for my friend on Sunday. Should be good!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Man, what an eventful past few days! I don't think I had too much going on Friday. Just went to work during the day, which was okay. Pretty busy, not much going on really. But this weekend was really busy and was awesome!

Saturday, I woke up and as soon as I got out of the bathroom, ready for the day... my dad calls. He's at Costco and he saw a 3D TV he's interested in buying and wants me to go there to check it out. He had been looking for a bigger TV for our family room but it was always sort of "we'll see" kind of thing, I didn't expect it to happen this soon. Plus, he didn't care for 3D before but I had mentioned to him a while ago that he should get one that is 3D so it'll be "future-proofed" basically. At least somewhat. Anyways, so I went to Costco and saw it and it was nice... so he bought it. It's a 55" 1080p LED 3D TV from LG and got it for $1200.

As we were leaving, I mentioned to my dad that we don't have anything to play any 3D content so he shouldn't get excited about 3D stuff (the TV can convert anything to 3D, but that's not that great quality). So we went back in the store and looked for a 3D Blu-ray player, and ended up getting one. Got home and found that the old home theater system we have doesn't have a digital optical audio port... so we couldn't use it with our new TV. So we ended up returning the 3D Blu-ray player, only to go get a new home theater system that has a 3D Blu-ray player included. It's from Panasonic and cost like $350 I think. So I spent most of the day setting all that up, though we still need to buy the digital optical audio cable since we don't have one.

Saturday evening was then my five year high school reunion. That was actually pretty cool. Saw a bunch of friends I hadn't seen in years, some since high school. It was also interesting seeing some people who I couldn't remember their names anymore and had to be reminded of them, and also some people that I had kind of forgotten about until I saw them there. Caught up with a bunch of people and that was nice. I'm glad I went, it was a nice turnout... I think our class had close to 400 people in it maybe, and around 100 people attended the reunion. Got home pretty late, I think around 1 am or so. But I had a lot of fun.

And then today I went to Washington DC with a group of friends. One of our friends is moving away to another state, so it was our last time all hanging out together. I had a great time today! Grabbed lunch with my friend, met up with the rest of the group, went to a museum or two, and then got dinner and called it a day. It was storming at times, pretty hard too. But it was all good, we made the best of it. So I had a blast this weekend, it was pretty awesome! To add to the awesomeness, my Red Mighty Morphin Power Rangers hoodie arrived and so did my Power Morphicon exclusive figures. So it's been a great past few days overall.

But now... back to school. Not looking forward to that. Got class at 8 am tomorrow and it's almost an hour drive away. That means I'll have to get up around 6 am to have time to get ready and commute there. Then got three classes at the campus near my house back-to-back during the day. So it'll be a busy day. Back to work on Tuesday. Still haven't had time to meet up with that girl and figure things out either, hopefully I can do that soon. All right, I'm off to start getting ready for bed now.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So this week has been decent. More classes, which were okay. Starting to get a routine down for this semester. Also had work on Tuesday and then on Friday afternoon. Since I work less, I'm much busier at work now. And everyone is happy to see me when I go to work since I don't see people as often now. So that's been nice, I enjoy my time there. Other than that, also been watching some 3D movies on our new 3D TV and playing around with that stuff.

Oh, and I still haven't been able to meet up with that girl and clarify things. I'm getting a lot of mixed signals and it's been frustrating me. One day we're at work and we don't talk much and there's no flirting or anything... the next day we're texting each other about stuff... then she's not able to hang out on her day off... then we're talking again at work and being our usual selves... then I find out she had time to go get her nails done and other stuff on her day off when she couldn't hang out with me... and then we're texting each other good night... I'm so confused!!! I just need to meet up with her and figure it out, but I was busy for a while and now it seems she is, so who knows when that will happen. But I hope it's soon, cause these mixed signals are annoying.

Anyways, it's a three day weekend! Didn't do too much today, it was a lazy kind of day. Just relaxed, watched some TV and movies, etc. Tomorrow I'm off to my grandparents house for a few hours. Not much else going on tomorrow and Monday. I'm just happy I don't have classes on Monday, yay! Hope everyone else is enjoying their Labor Day weekend!

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Been about a week with no update, and that's because not much has really happened. Just continuing with school and work. Still haven't met up with that girl, no clue when we'll get a chance to. My good friend moved away, so I can't hang out with him anymore. So yea... just going through the motions every day, life is getting boring and that frustrates me. Especially since the first half of this year was so promising and it was looking like things were going uphill... but now it feels like I missed the peak and things are going down now. *sigh*

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
DarkWish wrote:
Been about a week with no update, and that's because not much has really happened. Just continuing with school and work. Still haven't met up with that girl, no clue when we'll get a chance to. My good friend moved away, so I can't hang out with him anymore. So yea... just going through the motions every day, life is getting boring and that frustrates me. Especially since the first half of this year was so promising and it was looking like things were going uphill... but now it feels like I missed the peak and things are going down now. *sigh*

I'm sure Thursday will cheer you up :). It'll be a big day for news!

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Gamer Greg wrote:
DarkWish wrote:

I'm sure Thursday will cheer you up :). It'll be a big day for news!

Oh yes, both Wednesday and Thursday (iPhone and Wii U news) shall be great! Although unfortunately I have class during the day Thursday so I'll have to catch up on the news later.

Anyways, a little update... that girl texted me this morning about something. Anyways, she said have a good day and I should go get sweet frog (it's this fro yo place). We went there many times before. But it's been like almost two months since we last went and we've been planning to go for a while, we just haven't had time. We were sort of waiting to go together as well, so I found it a bit weird she suggested I go myself. But whatever... I don't have time to go today anyways. I just really want to meet up and clarify this stuff soon.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

Sweet Frog? Sounds, ehm, delicious.

Good luck.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:05 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The more time goes by without us hanging out, the more I'm thinking that if she really cared, she would make time. We used to get fro yo all the time and it's been like two months since the last time we did. And it's been like almost a month since the last time we hung out. I asked her once again about getting some fro yo and she said yes she wanted to and hopefully this weekend. So the plan is if we do meet up, we can talk it out and figure out what's up... are we staying friends or what. If we don't meet up, I'm going to make the decision of it just not being worth it. Honestly at this point I doubt it's going to work out... I just want to meet up to clarify some stuff.

But anyways, all that aside, the next few days should be pretty good overall. Tomorrow I have work and then afterwards, I'm heading to a banquet for that "30 Under 30" thing I was in the paper for a while back. That should be interesting, looking forward to that. Wednesday got an early class, then free all day... well, not really free as I'll be doing lots of homework then. But Apple will be unveiling the new iPhone and I'll be pre-ordering it, so that should be cool. And then Thursday I'll be following the Nintendo news at 10 am up until about 10:45 am, at which point I'll have to go to class. Got four classes that day, including an evening class. That's going to suck, but hopefully the Nintendo news will make the day worth it.

So that's what's up the next few days, should be interesting.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So an update from the past few days...

Tuesday: Went to work. Really busy day, but it was good. Same old stuff. Was jokingly arguing with that girl and this doctor said we argue like brother and sister... haven't gotten that comparison before lol. Anyways, after work I went to that reception for being in the "30 Under 30". That was nice, met some cool people. Got an award as well, which I put on my desk at work. Also interestingly enough, this other guy in the "30 Under 30" happens to be in my English class, so that was cool.

Wednesday: Had class in the morning. Then had lots of homework to do. Took a break to watch the Apple conference. But ended up staying up until the Nintendo Conference at 3 am.

Thursday: After the Nintendo conference, I went to bed around 4 am. Got up a few hours later and had three back-to-back classes. After that finally got a chance to breathe a bit, but then it was off to my evening class. Luckily, it was pretty short and afterwards I went to GameStop and pre-ordered the Wii U deluxe set. Very excited about that!

Friday: Woke up at 3 am to pre-order the iPhone 5 for myself and my sisters. Successfully did so, which means we'll be getting them day one. Can't wait! Had class in the morning, and afterwards went to work. Another very busy day, but good. I can't emphasize enough how much I love the people I work with... it's just awesome working with the people there. Had some good times with some of the doctors and nurses (including that girl), all while getting through a ton of work I had to do. In the evening, just relaxed after the busy week... watched Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs in 3D with my parents, which was cool.

Today: Started off being a lazy day, walked around the house in my pajamas. Just relaxed and stuff. But in the afternoon/evening, I had a lot of cleaning to do around the house. Not very fun, pretty tired now. Oh, and I managed to order a case for my iPhone 5... got the Incipio Frequency, ships out on the 21st so I'll be caseless for a few days.

So yea, that's what's been going on. Not much else going on the next few days, just the usual. Super excited for the iPhone 5 though. I'm glad I managed to get pre-orders for both iPhone 5 and Wii U, seems both of them are selling out of pre-orders. Oh yea and so Friday night I talked to that girl and asked if she wanted to get some fro yo and she FINALLY is free tomorrow. So tomorrow it is (unless she flakes out). I'm hoping to get some clarification on the whole relationship thing. I'm 95% sure it's gonna end up being she's not interested in a relationship... so I'm hoping to get some closure and make it clear we're just gonna be friends. If that is the case. Which I think it will be. But we'll see.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next