It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
Movie Discussion 
5000+ Club

Post Movie Discussion
TIP: Rather than letting this thread die we should try to keep it active and also update if you do see any of the films that are on your list when the time comes :) Thanks.

Movies that I want to See
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - Nov 19
-Cant wait to see this one, adaptation of the final Harry Potter book.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Dec 10

-Film adaptation of this book, made by Walden Media and Fox, not Disney. Heres hoping it does well.

Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom - June 3
-The second in the series with Jack Black as Po, the Giant Panda. All of the other characters of the Furious Five are returning as well as Master Shifu.

Transformers 3 - July 1
-Please give us more decepticon action

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II - July 15
-The conclusion to the final Harry Potter film.

Happy Feet 2 - 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 2011
-Who knows what will happen?

Uncharted
-Film adaptation of the game, its been in production for a year-and-a-half.

Spider-Man 4 - 2012
-Reboot

Last edited by xXxTrIsTxXx on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:39 pm
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Re: NEW: Upcoming Films
They're making a Lightning Thief movie? How funny. I just got the book for a buck at a garage sale. Maybe I should read it.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:43 pm
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
SPYRO! LOOK AT HIM, HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SPYRO! D:

Prince of Persia, AND DISNEY!

Ugh.. But wow.. lotsa movies.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 pm
Pokémon Master

My opinions:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, that would be a horrible movie. I like the books though.
Spyro, I never liked the games so maybe.
Uncharted could be good, but game to movie adaptations are usually bad.
Happy Feet 1 was horrible, and a sequel would be just as bad.
Avatar the last Airbender....... Possibly good, I don't know. The show was okay, I lost interest sometime in the second season or "book".
Alvin and the Chipmunks:The Squeakuel will be decent like the first
2012 looks great.
I never liked the plot of Narnia, so the books and movies are just bad to me.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Prince of Persia + Disney = Steaming pile of crap.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:54 pm
Pokémon Master

Weave wrote:
Prince of Persia + Disney = Steaming pile of crap.

Lol, your probably right, but there is a chance that it will be good.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

Serioulsy RWP what was the last video game movie adaptation that was any good that you watched. I can only think of Ecks vs. Sever. That was a pretty good movie based of a game, but that was forever ago.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 pm
Pokémon Master

Weave wrote:
Serioulsy RWP what was the last video game movie adaptation that was any good that you watched. I can only think of Ecks vs. Sever. That was a pretty good movie based of a game, but that was forever ago.

I don't think I have watched any other than the Mario one, and that was crap. There might have been more that I watched. It is Disney, but that could go either way.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

Charmy wrote:
They're making a Lightning Thief movie? How funny. I just got the book for a buck at a garage sale. Maybe I should read it.

Wow lucky, I would have to order it from Amazon because I want hardcover. Yeah, I think the trailers for it started at the end of summer.
randomwiiplayer wrote:
My opinions:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, that would be a horrible movie. I like the books though.
Spyro, I never liked the games so maybe.
Uncharted could be good, but game to movie adaptations are usually bad.
Happy Feet 1 was horrible, and a sequel would be just as bad.
Avatar the last Airbender....... Possibly good, I don't know. The show was okay, I lost interest sometime in the second season or "book".
Alvin and the Chipmunks:The Squeakuel will be decent like the first
2012 looks great.
I never liked the plot of Narnia, so the books and movies are just bad to me.

Seems that I like a lot of adaptations. 2012 looks great, I agree.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pikmin Chucker

LOL the Mario Bros. movie is pretty funny though. But think about Doom. Horrible. Here is a movie that should be made.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1770138 That is a fake preview for Minesweeper the movie.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:10 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Charmy wrote:

I love the series but the book will probably suck. Grover is black, I always imagined him as a hippie white boy

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

And PNF for liking Twilight....Lets see, that along with your taste in music. You just lost an ounce of my respect. I still like you don' get me wrong but...that just kind of creeps me out

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 pm
Pokémon Master

Superwes wrote:
I love the series but the book will probably suck.

Meh?
Quote:
And PNF for liking Twilight....Lets see, that along with your taste in music. You just lost an ounce of my respect. I still like you don' get me wrong but...that just kind of creeps me out

Twilight is extremely popular, and the books aren't bad. Just the movie was bad. But there's nothing wrong with PNF liking it.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:16 pm
Pikmin Chucker

I'm a fan of Twilight due to how campy it is. It also has the cult factor to it. The acting is horrible and I've never read the books.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:35 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Charmy wrote:
Superwes wrote:

Meh?
Quote:

Twilight is extremely popular, and the books aren't bad. Just the movie was bad. But there's nothing wrong with PNF liking it.

Most of the time a popular book series is made into a movie it sucks

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:05 pm
Pikmin Chucker

Superwes wrote:
Charmy wrote:
Superwes wrote:

Meh?
Quote:

Lord of the Rings was an awesome movie trilogy.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 pm
Pokémon Master

Superwes wrote:

You don't respect someone for their taste in music? That is kinda stupid, don't you think?

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Waddle Dee

3DS Friend Code:
3480-3024-5744
I thought the prequil to "Lord of the Rings" Hobbit, was comming out to?

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 pm
Pokémon Master

Well, I just started The Lightning Thief. It's not big, so I should be able to get it done by February.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:39 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
If there was one word I could use to describe the first Twilight movie, it's AWKWARD. Everything about it was awkward. I'm slightly interested in seeing New Moon simply to see how much more awkward things get, though I'd never see it in theaters. Maybe as a free rental in a Redbox or Moviecube machine. As for what movies I'm looking forward to in the coming years...

Where the Wild Things Are - October 16th
This looks like a great movie. I won't see it in theaters, but it's a definite rental for me.

Michael Jackson: This Is It - October 28th
It's Michael Jackson. Enough said. Won't see it in theaters, but definite rent.

2012 - November 13th
Looks like a great movie with impressive CGI. My grandfather is interested in seeing this (he saw The Day After Tomorrow and thought it was great, and this is another similar type of movie), so I'm definitely seeing it in theaters with him.

Wow... that's all I can say when I see the very impressive CGI in the movie. The trailer looked amazing. I had heard hype about this movie for a very long time but didn't really care too much about it until I saw the trailer. Now it's a movie I will definitely see in theaters. Can't wait to see how great the 3D is!

Sherlock Holmes - December 25th
Looks like a good movie, but I'll hold off until the DVD release.

Iron Man 2 - May 7th
Day 1. I saw the first movie with my roommates not really knowing much about it, thinking it was going to be a decent movie and I loved it. From the leaked preview of it, it looks amazing. Definitely a movie to see in theaters. Can't wait!

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - May 28th
Looks like a good movie, but for now I'll wait until the DVD. Maybe the trailer will change my mind later.

Toy Story 3 - June 18th
YES! Saw the Toy Story 1 and 2 3D double feature earlier today and now I'm more excited than ever for this movie. The trailer (*cough*http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PWC218RK*cough*) looks great!

The Last Airbender - July 2nd
Looks like it'll be a good movie. I've seen the first half of season one (the movie being based on the first season) and so I want to see this movie. Not sure if I'll see it in theaters or not though.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I - November 19th
Now this is the movie that I am the MOST excited for. I'm a gigantic Harry Potter fan and absolutely cannot wait to see this. If I could, I'd see the midnight release, but I'll probably see it with my sisters. Still, day 1 for sure.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - December 10th
Great book series and I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Definitely seeing it in theaters, probably with my sisters.

Tron Legacy - December 17th
I haven't seen Tron, but the teaser for this movie looked great. Plus, Daft Punk is doing a ton of music for this movie. Not sure if I'll see it in theaters or not.

Spider-Man 4 - May 6th
It's Spider-Man. I loved the first three movies and so this is a definite watch for me. I'll be seeing this one in theaters.

Thor - May 20th
Sounds like it'll be a decent movie. However, the fact that it's a Marvel movie and Thor will be in The Avenger in the following year makes this a must see movie in theaters for me. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were great. And hey, this has Natalie Portman in it.

Kung Fu Panda: Kaboom of Doom - June 3rd
I'll be honest, I didn't care much about the movie when it released in theaters. I waited until they showed it on my college campus for free and I loved it. It was absolutely hilarious. Now I'm definitely seeing this movie in theaters.

Cars 2 (Rumor is it'll be called Cars 2: World Grand Prix) - June 24th
Pixar has never made a bad movie IMO. Cars was the worst Pixar movie, but it was still really good. Having said that, I'm not really caring much about this sequel. They should have made a sequel to The Incredibles instead! And there is that rumored Monsters Inc. 2 as well. But hey, it's Pixar. Even though I'm not looking forward to it, I'm sure it will be a great movie so I'm seeing this one in theaters.

Transformers 3 - July 1st
I don't need to say anything other than... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II - July 15th
July 15th, 2011 will be a day of very mixed emotions. I'm going to be extremely ecstatic to see the final Harry Potter movie, but that's the thing... it's the FINAL Harry Potter movie. When the Deathly Hallows book released, even though it was over, there were still the movies. After this movie releases, that's it. The Harry Potter Encyclopedia may even be out by then. I can't wait to see this movie though, should be amazing.

The First Avenger: Captain America - July 22nd
This should be good. It's another Marvel movie that ties in with the whole Avengers thing and I'm excited for this. Definitely seeing this in theaters.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Summer 2011
I loved the first three Pirates movies, especially the AMAZING music in them. I can't wait for this movie, definitely seeing it in theaters. Day 1.

Happy Feet 2 - November 18th
The first one was actually a good movie, so I'm looking forward to this one. Probably waiting for the DVD though.

The Bear and the Bow - Christmas (not necessarily Christmas day)
Don't know anything about this movie other than it's a Pixar movie. It's also the first time that two Pixar movies will release in one year (the other being Cars 2). Very likely seeing it in theaters because hey, it's Pixar.

The Avengers - May 4th
I'm actually VERY excited for this movie. I don't read comics or anything, so I know little about the Marvel universe, but this is one special movie. Just the fact that they are taking characters from their own successful movies and putting them together in one movie is just awesome. And the fact that each of those movies is building up to this makes it an even more impressive feat (Nick Fury in Iron Man end credits and in Iron Man 2, Tony Stark cameo in The Incredible Hulk, etc.) Absolutely watching this one in theaters.

Madagascar 3 - May 25th
Waiting for the DVD. I enjoyed the first and thought the second was okay. This is supposedly the last in the trilogy, but we all know how those go. Should be at least worth a view.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 - 2012
Just saw the first one recently and it was an okay movie. Don't know if I'll see this one in theaters or not, but should be worth a view at least.

And that's my list. In looking at it, 2011 is going to be an AMAZING year for movies. I mean Spider-Man 4, Thor, Kung Fu Panda: Kaboom of Doom, Cars 2, Transformers 3, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II, The First Avenger: Captain America, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and more! It's got new movies in my favorite franchises (Transformers, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel movies, etc.). Specifically July 2011, which looks packed with stuff. I can't wait!

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6055-7746
Superwes wrote:
Charmy wrote:
Superwes wrote:

Meh?
Quote:

LotR was good, and so was Harry Potter. :P

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:13 pm
5000+ Club

Wow DW, you want to see quite a few Superhero movies, well comic book adaptations of them. I didnt know you were a huge Marvel Fan.

Is Sherlock Holmes the one with the guy from IronMan as the star?

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Man, Where The Wild Things Are is first on my list. I have the original book and I used to read it ALL THE TIME. I love it, and I was so excited when I saw the movie trailer. Man. I just can't wait.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 pm
Pikmin Chucker

Pop'N'Frsh wrote:
Wow DW, you want to see quite a few Superhero movies, well comic book adaptations of them. I didnt know you were a huge Marvel Fan.

Robert Downy Jr. is the actor you're thinking of. And yes. I personally think Sherlock Holmes will be great.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:43 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Pop'N'Frsh wrote:

Their movies are good, so I'm a fan. Plus the whole Avengers thing is pretty cool.

Pop'N'Frsh wrote:

Yup, it's Robert Downey Jr.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 875 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next