It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
Recent Purchase Thread 
Pokémon Master

Post Re: Recent Purchase Thread

Photo op! My shoes were a lot more orange than I thought they'd be (I'm sure Jack likes the color). I was expecting them to be a pretty muted red. They're still awesome. I also bought a Rockies jersey today. I'm going to a game tomorrow night with my work, which should be fun. I also picked up some nice fitted dress pants from Express last week. I've been looking for them for a long time, but most stores don't carry the style that I wanted.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:51 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

I. Want. Those. Shoes.

But I'm still rocking my tan leather Chrome Southsides. Everyone who really knows me knows that I have an unhealthy obsession with Chrome. These shows have held up so much more than I could have ever expected, they still look new (a year later).

Also, clothing related, I think I forgot to mention that I picked up a pair of Levi's Commuter Jeans when I was in NYC. Absolutely love them, but I wish it was colder so I could ride more in them!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 pm
Pokémon Master

Jack wrote:
Also, clothing related, I think I forgot to mention that I picked up a pair of Levi's Commuter Jeans when I was in NYC. Absolutely love them, but I wish it was colder so I could ride more in them!

Oh, I like the commuter trousers. I could totally wear those.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

schmete wrote:
Jack wrote:

Oh, I like the commuter trousers. I could totally wear those.

Best feature: A U-Lock strap.

The reflective tape on the inside of the legs is kinda cool too.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:39 pm
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Just ordered the Power Rangers Super Samurai San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Final Victory set off eBay! Here's a page with details on it: http://www.bandai.com/convention2012/.

So excited! Only 300 ever made, which is cool. Got some money from relatives, which I used for this purchase. I'll put up a video review at the end of the week.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Ordered some blurays.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Drive
The Hunger Games (Preorder)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 am
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/YurIj.jpg[/ig]

Photo op! My shoes were a lot more orange than I thought they'd be (I'm sure Jack likes the color). I was expecting them to be a pretty muted red. They're still awesome. I also bought a Rockies jersey today. I'm going to a game tomorrow night with my work, which should be fun. I also picked up some nice fitted dress pants from Express last week. I've been looking for them for a long time, but most stores don't carry the style that I wanted.

Those shoes look awesome.

I should look for new shoes, fabric ones get oldish looking so fast, but so comfy.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Post Recent Purchase Thread
Jack wrote:
Ordered some blurays.

Drive

Ah, Drive, I need to watch that.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

schmete wrote:
Jack wrote:
Ordered some blurays.

Drive

Ah, Drive, I need to watch that.

You need to watch that?

Or did you mean you need to watch that again?

One of those answers is right (hint: it's the latter!).

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

MUSIC!

Just bought Matisyahu's new album on iTunes.

But I'm far more excited for the new Gaslight Anthem album. It's streamable on NPR, comes out next week, and is absolutely amazing. Like seriously, the best thing ever.

Also, Passion Pit.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 am
Shy Guy

3DS Friend Code:
2320-73733170
Jack wrote:
Ordered some blurays.

Drive

When is the hunger games coming to DVD?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 am
Profile YIM
Mr. Game & Watch

August 18.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Jam with the Band for DS has FINALLY arrived! And yes, it's awesome.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

I ordered something that I've been meaning to buy for *ages*. A coffee siphon. I also ordered an Olympus OMD from B&H (it's still on backorder, but claims that it'll be available on the 30th).

Here's a good video of this specific one in use.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am
5000+ Club

I bought Persona 3 FES on PSN for PS3 ($9.99). Ive played Persona 3 Portable on PSP, but that had a few modifications from Persona 3 (like no animated cutscenes, and a visual novel approach to the overworld what not, and the Soul Phase opening video). FES has the full story of Persona 3 and the Answer...the epilogue to persona 3, which Ive yet to play. It will be nice to finally get canonical closure on the story. Of course Ill replay the entirety of the persona 3 (80 more hours here I come), hope the epilogue is just as long lol.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
I bought Persona 3 FES on PSN for PS3 ($9.99). Ive played Persona 3 Portable on PSP, but that had a few modifications from Persona 3 (like no animated cutscenes, and a visual novel approach to the overworld what not, and the Soul Phase opening video). FES has the full story of Persona 3 and the Answer...the epilogue to persona 3, which Ive yet to play. It will be nice to finally get canonical closure on the story. Of course Ill replay the entirety of the persona 3 (80 more hours here I come), hope the epilogue is just as long lol.

I finally downloaded P3P and started it. I hate the overworld. The beginning was incredibly slow, and I think it was almost an hour before I got a real taste of combat. I've put that aside in favor of Riviera: The Promised Land, which is pretty unique.

Also, I bought Unit 13 off the PSN. It's like 75% downloaded. I need to go to the library today and finish the download.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 pm
5000+ Club

schmete wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

I finally downloaded P3P and started it. I hate the overworld. The beginning was incredibly slow, and I think it was almost an hour before I got a real taste of combat. I've put that aside in favor of Riviera: The Promised Land, which is pretty unique.

Also, I bought Unit 13 off the PSN. It's like 75% downloaded. I need to go to the library today and finish the download.

You dont like just selecting a location and going/panning over the area? I thought it was streamlined to get to places fast. P3 FES lets you walk through it, perhaps look into getting it

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
schmete wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

You dont like just selecting a location and going/panning over the area? I thought it was streamlined to get to places fast. P3 FES lets you walk through it, perhaps look into getting it

I feel like it takes away from the immersion. I'm a student, not a blue dot. It does streamline things, but it's also a setting breaker.

Also, I am not enjoying how static everything is. Most of the game is dialogue, but there is absolutely nothing to look at during dialogue. Even the changing character art is limited to a handful of poses.

Also, finished downloading Unit 13. It's pretty fun; I'm enjoying it quite a bit. My only complaint is that the camera is too close to your character. I feel like I can't see anything.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 am
Mr. Game & Watch

Syphon coffee is so much fun to make. Here are some instagrams:

Before
http://instagram.com/p/NbTHS_t9Qw/

After
http://instagram.com/p/NbX2cUt9Sz/

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:25 am
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Bought tickets to see the group Pentatonix in concert in Washington DC in December! Can't wait for that, super excited!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

DarkWish wrote:
Bought tickets to see the group Pentatonix in concert in Washington DC in December! Can't wait for that, super excited!

Haha, enjoy. I recently purchased tickets for the xx. :D

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:33 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
My package FINALLY arrived! It's pretty big and looks awesome. Check it out...

San Diego Comic Con 2012 Exclusive Power Rangers Super Samurai Final Victory set:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

And here's the back:
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

So awesome that I got it. Only 300 ever made. Gonna open it and record some videos tonight.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
I made some videos of the above Power Rangers set. Let it be known that I am the only person on YouTube to have made videos of it, and that could very well forever be the case because of how limited it is. Pretty cool! Check it out...

Part 1 - Showing off the box:

Part 2 - Pink and Yellow Rangers:

Part 3 - Green and Blue Rangers:

Part 4 - Gold and Red Rangers:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Ordered a new jacket, pair of shorts, and shoes.

The jacket, is a Levi's Commuter hoody, to go with my Commuter jeans :P
The shoes are Chrome Lower Southsides, in black. I own a pair of the original Southsides in tan, and they are the best shoes that I've ever owned. EDIT: Never mind, didn't order the shoes because they aren't in stock.

Oh ya, and my Kone coffee filter just came. It does exactly what it needs to. No more need for paper filters.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 am
Mr. Game & Watch

So I finally got new earbuds. For ages I used Apple ones, they were good enough, have a microphone, and cheap.

But sadly, they always seemed to fall apart.

Then in January (I think, not sure), I bought some Sennheiser/Adidas buds. I figured, these are for runners, they have got to hold up? But I was wrong, the audio quality was not worth $60, and they basically fell apart within 5 months.

All of my other speakers are bose (QC15 headphones, Soundlink speaker), so I decided to try out Bose's solution this time. First of all, they've got a 1 year warranty, so that's a guarantee that I won't need to search for new headphones for *at least* a year. Now first impressions, they fit perfectly (I didn't know in-ear buds could feel so good), and they sound amazing (I didn't know in-ear buds could sound so good).

So far, so good.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next