It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios) 
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Avengers Live Action Universe (Marvel Studios)
A few new tidbits!

First is stuff from Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America: The First Avenger. He mentions they're going to do flashbacks to WWII in Captain America 2. He says it's going to be "an awesome movie" and "the villain is going to be crazy, and it will be really terrific"... sounds like they already have a villain set for the sequel. Interesting that we'll see plenty of WWII flashbacks, I wonder how they'll do that one with Steve Rogers in the present now.

Next is from Kevin Feige and he was asked about changing the roster in Avengers 2. He said...

Quote:
"Absolutely. That's the fun of it -- introducing new characters. Seeing: 'How will things change after Iron Man goes through his next adventure? After Thor goes through his next adventure? If we do another Cap adventure, how will things change? The dynamic between them? Their own worlds? So that the dynamic in Avengers 2 is actually quite different than it is in the first one."

Oh, and Kevin Feige also talked about the army we'll see in The Avengers that Loki has. Many people speculate its the Skrulls, but we don't know yet. Here's what he had to say...

Quote:
"[Loki] does say to Tony Stark at the end of the footage we showed today, he tells Tony that he has an army. And that army is not just stuntmen in mocap suits. It'll be extremely, extremely large and something that links not only into the movies we've made but the movies we're going to make. So it's a big play that we're not quite ready to talk about."

Sounds awesome! I love the connections between movies and it makes sense that the events of The Avengers will play a role in future movies, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this army really is.

So what can we expect from Marvel in the future? Well Feige mentioned Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 coming in 2013. He said they haven't announced the 2014 movies but they're working on a draft of Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and other ones. He's hoping to get Ant-Man off the ground sometime soon. He really mentions how all these movies have led up to The Avengers and they've built the framework for that over the years... and with Iron Man 3, they really are building the framework for The Avengers 2.

Finally... rumor is that Alan Silvestri, who composed the score for Captain America: The First Avenger, will do the score for The Avengers as well. None of it was super memorable in a way, like I can't remember the score... but it's a score that once the movie starts and it plays, I'll remember it. Same goes for all the Marvel Studios movies so far, though the Iron Man stuff I recognize the most.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Captain America: The First Avenger is out on blu-ray! I got it and am looking forward to watching it soon, probably tomorrow.

Also, speaking of Captain America, we have details on the sequel. We weren't sure whether the movie would take place in the WWII era, post-Avengers modern era, or both... but the writers said it will probably primarily be set in the modern day after The Avengers. I'm pretty happy about that, I think there's a lot they could do with the character now. I hope we see an elderly Peggy Carter or something. Or maybe they'll do the Winter Soldier storyline from the comics. Regardless, should be interesting to see.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Few things...

First is a comment from Neal McDonough, who played Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America. He says, "Oh yeah, Cap 2 is in the works. The script is written and hopefully we will go into production fairly soon. I'm really looking forward to the Nick Fury films. Sam Jackson and myself will be partners in that one. And I know Sam is really excited about doing it. So fingers crossed we start that one up pretty soon." Sounds pretty confident to me... I wonder how much truth there is to that.

This article here shows off the logos for each Avengers team member: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=48889. It's from t-shirts at the NYCC, pretty sweet.

And finally... I watched Captain America on blu-ray. Great movie, looked awesome on blu-ray. I've already posted my thoughts on it before when I saw it in theaters... but I will say one more thing. The ending stuff got me even more hyped than ever. Just the way it ends, and then the post-credits stuff... so awesome. The Avengers teaser looked great on blu-ray, got me very hyped.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
It's been a while since the last update, so it's time for more news!

First up is regarding a TV show. So Marvel Studios is working on multiple different live action TV shows for their superheroes. One of them is for the Hulk... there have been conflicting reports on whether that would be a part of the same universe as the movie series, regardless of who plays the Hulk on the show. We still don't know for sure either way. But there is another series coming to ABC called "AKA Jessica Jones", which would include the characters Luke Cage (also known as Power Man and Jessica Jones' eventual husband in the comics) and Carol Danvers (also known as Ms. Marvel). The series would be mainly about those three characters, but it could also feature lesser known characters as well. Apparently, they are allowed to reference The Avengers. In fact, the pilot script has Tony Stark and Stark Industries in it (not sure if that means a reference or an appearance). They say the show is in the cinematic universe and they are "in no way denying that that universe exists". They will try to "pull everything in from there that [they] can use". I hope they stick to that, that would be fantastic if that happened!

And next up... we have new character banners!!! Check them out here: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/sleek- ... assembled/. Looks great!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Have they said how they came to the decision of having the Thor enemy (enemies?) as the main ones in The Avengers?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
hattrick wrote:
Have they said how they came to the decision of having the Thor enemy (enemies?) as the main ones in The Avengers?

It's just Loki that's from Thor... though there are other enemies that are not from any of the other movies. The reason for that is because Loki was also a big villain for the Avengers in the comics. He's technically a god in a way and his mischievous ways present interesting challenges to the team.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Okay, time for more news! I've been gathering these for the past few days so I could just post it all at once. Here we go...

Mark Ruffalo, who plays Bruce Banner in The Avengers, mentioned an announcement he was going to make. Someone asked him if it was about The Incredible Hulk 2 and he said: "I wish I were telling you that I would be starring in Next Hulk film. Not that... Yet...." What does that mean? Well, not much really. But hopefully they decide to keep Mark Ruffalo around for the next Hulk movie if they do another. I hate switching cast members.

The next bit is about the "AKA Jessica Jones" TV show. They said they'd of course try and stay true to who the characters are from the comics, but they'll also try and do new things. Apparently in the comics, Ant-Man has a lot to do with Jessica Jones and there's apparently a big Captain America side story as well. The people involved with the TV show said they'd use whatever characters they're allowed to use. They said basically if any of them have their own movie coming out, then we may not see them introduced on the show. But it'll all be with the same universe of course.

Here are some interesting tidbits on the director working with each of the cast members: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=49982. Also, the website has been updated with a new look. Check it out here: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie/.

And finally, although it was pretty much expected, it's now confirmed. Paul Bettany will return to lend his voice as J.A.R.V.I.S., the computer system that is used by Tony Stark... both in Iron Man 3 and in The Avengers. It'll be nice to hear his voice throughout the series. Expected, but nice to see confirmation.

That's all I have for this post. My source for all this news is Comic Book Movie.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
I don't expect that Jessica Jones tv show to do well. Maybe I'll be wrong, but just my first impression on hearing about it.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So not much updates lately on The Avengers. The only thing really is related to Thor 2. Kenneth Branagh is not returning to direct Thor 2 and Patty Jenkins was announced as the director. Well, not anymore. Why? Supposedly she left on a positive note, but cited "creative differences". Uh-oh, doesn't sound good to me.

Source: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/uh-oh- ... ls-thor-2/

Now, we have rumors on who will take her place. For director, they're looking at Alan Taylor or Daniel Minahan. Apparently they were also in the middle of hiring a writer when Patty Jenkins left. Don Payne had written a draft and Sheldon Turner was possibly going to work on the script... but now they're looking at maybe John Collee, Robert Rodat, and Roger Avary. I don't really know who any of those people are... but I just hope they can find people soon and come up with something good. I wouldn't want any production issues to affect how the movie turns out.

Source: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Marv ... s/?a=50974

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Good and bad news.

First, the bad news. THR is claiming that Patty Jenkins didn't leave directing Thor 2 due to creative differences Supposedly, she might have been let go because Marvel felt things were not moving fast enough, even though there was not even a finished script to work from yet. Apparently this made Natalie Portman "deeply upset" as she is the one who told Marvel to take a chance on Jenkins. Natalie had considered not returning because she recently had a son, but then was "re-engaged" in Thor 2 when Patty Jenkins was director. Natalie is contractually obligated to stay with Thor 2 though and Marvel is apparently trying hard to smooth over the situation by including her in talks when figuring out who to hire as a replacement. Hopefully things go smoothly from here on out.

And now the good news. So with Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, Marvel created movie tie-in comics... I never read them, but apparently they helped set the stage for each of those movies. Well, Marvel has announced they're doing a four issue limited series called "Prelude" that will tie in to The Avengers and focus on S.H.I.E.L.D., The Avengers Initiative, and more. The first two issues will release in March. I'm looking forward to this as it may reveal more about the movie, should be interesting.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More Avengers news!

First up are some international banners (some new promo art, some old):
Hidden (Non-Spoiler): show

[img][img]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/121/1214854/the-avengers-2012-20111214115952548.jpg[/img][/img]

And some high-res promo shots of Thor and Captain America:

And best of all, we have a NEW TRAILER... sort of. Well, it's a German trailer that has some new shots, so it's not entirely new, but still some new footage! Check it out:

And a translation of the footage (updated with a more accurate English version since this was footage shown at Comic-Con):
Spoiler: show
0:31 ->
Widow: You have to join!
Banner: And what if I say no?
Widow: I'll persuade you.

0:36 ->
Stark: Let's do a head count. We've got two deadly assassins, a man with breathtaking anger management problems, a demi god, a legend that actually lives up to the legend, and me.

1:15 ->
Thor: You have no idea who you are dealing with!

1:18 ->
Banner: We are no team. We are a timebomb!

Looks great! Hopefully we get those scenes in English soon. If you want some screencaps, you can view them here: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rors ... s/?a=51534.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A bunch of little tidbits, too lazy to type it all up...

HQ still of Captain America and Thor fighting together: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Marv ... s/?a=51578

More confirmation of Pepper Potts being in The Avengers: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Grap ... s/?a=51655

HQ versions of old posters now without text: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Marv ... s/?a=51853

And then the final two bits I think I should briefly discuss. First is that there is a director for Thor 2 now, Alan Taylor. Details here: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jake ... s/?a=51827.

And finally, Marvel has moved up one of their untitled movies. Previously scheduled for June 27th, 2014... it's now releasing April 4th, 2014. Here is the updated release list for upcoming Marvel Studios movie:

05/04/2012 - The Avengers
05/03/2013 - Iron Man 3
11/15/2013 - Thor 2
04/04/2014 - *unknown movie*
05/16/2014 - *unknown movie*

What are those unknown movies? Could be anything really... Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Nick Fury/S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America 2, The Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers 2, etc. Lots of possibilities. I'm hoping one of them is new and the other is Captain America 2... well, actually one of them has to be new unless they do another Hulk movie which I don't think they will. At least not for a long time.

Oh, and also The Avengers will be in 3D. Converted of course, as it wasn't filmed in 3D.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More stuff!

First up is another international trailer, this time the Russian one. It's subtitled as well, which is nice. Got a little bit of new footage, stuff we've heard about before but haven't seen yet. Check it out:

And then the next bit is a possible spoiler, if true:
There are some toys for the Avengers movie that list a toy of the Red Skull. This could just be as something extra to sell, or it could mean he's in the movie. Personally, I believe it's just something extra, but it would be cool to see him in the movie as well.

Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/red-skull- ... e-avengers

I really hope the start of the new year means we will get more stuff soon cause they've been very quiet lately.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A couple of bits of news to post...

First is an image of a theater standee. It features previously seen promo art but now it has their names as well:

Looks awesome! Definitely gets me hyped seeing that cast. The next bit of news is that much of the movie will be from Captain America's perspective:

Quote:
"I set out with a very simple problem: There is no reason for these people to be in the same movie. So that's what my movie has to be about. So much of the movie takes place from Steve Rogers' perspective, since he's the guy who just woke up and sees this weird a** world. Everyone else has been living in it."

That's a quote from Joss Whedon, the director. Makes sense to me. The ending of the Captain America movie seems to lend well to this, as he is an outsider to this world in a way now. Plus, he's the leader of The Avengers. Regardless, we already know each character will have their own role in the movie so this doesn't at all mean it's a Captain America movie or anything, far from it. In fact, Joss Whedon clarifies saying they will all have an equal role in the movie and they all work together as a team.

And finally, I leave you with a massive RUMOR. Somebody claims they saw some new footage at a Toy Fair in Asia, and this is what they wrote up (SPOILER WARNING):
Quote:
Hey guys,

I wanted to share some interesting things I found out at work today on the Avengers. I work for a pretty big toy company (not Hasbro) and we have the Marvel license. One of my co-workers just got back from a trip from Asia for the toy fair there. Marvel and Disney presented whole scenes and then some clips. Here is what he told me as best as I can remember. He described a scene with Black Widow in here black party dress from the first trailer and she is being held by some Russian thugs. (she's on a mission) She is tied to a chair and the main guy is slapping her in the face and talking smack to he. He mocks her and she is not intimidated and say's some cool stuff back. my friend said that there is classic Whedon dialog and it is quite funny. It gets better because her cell phone rings and another thug standing off to the side answers it and is asked to give the phone to her. He does so hesitantly and on the other end of the phone is agent Coulson! I cant remember the specifics, but the exchange is really funny as she's tells him she's busy and he is saying Fury needs her back pronto. She tell him something like, "hold on a minute" and then the proceeds to kick the guys asses while still tied to the chair! She eventually breaks free by landing the chair on a guy and it breaks, then she finishes them off. After she is done she walks over to the phone and tells Coulson that she's done or some thing.

He said all the people in attendance were roaring! It sounded like an amazing way to introduce her. I asked if that scene was better than he stuff in IM2, and he said it was incredible. He then told me they showed the scene of her recruting Bruce that we heard about. I asked how Mark was as Bruce and he described him as mild-mannered and likable until he yelled at her for lying and he said he seemed pretty intense.

Ok, are you ready to have you minds blown? Of course you are! Just so you know I am not making this stuff up. You will all find out in May anyway. Ok, he then said they started showing a clip of the Hellicarrier and how it's first introduced in the film. He said the effects weren't finished(lack of textures, sound effects, score, etc.) But he did say it was freaking cool, and the other people there that weren't familiar with the lore of Shield where blown away and were trying to figure out what the hell it was. SPOILER ALERT!! The Hellicarrier starts out on the water like a regular aircraft carrier and then the outside fins begin to rotate and then the anti-gravity/turbines fire up and then it slowly rises out the water and begins flying away. The People in attendance, he said were clapping. He definitely said he nerded out at that moment too.

Then they started showing some more scenes/clips and the one that stood out the most is CAP pointing and then yelling to the Hulk "Hulk Smash!" Hulk proceeds to start rampaging forward and runs straight into a building. Right through the outside wall!! Then it shows him running past some office people that were freaking out as Hulk runs by them like a bull in a China shop. He said it was intense and funny at the same time. Can you believe it? CAP giving Hulk orders to SMASH! LOVE IT! Oh, and the Marvel rep told them that Hulk is smart or conscious of what he is doing more so that the other movies. (There you have it! a more heroic Hulk)

I asked how the Hulk looked and he said he looked awesome. We both work in the visual field and I am an artist so I trust his opinion. I think that's all, as we talked about other stuff he was presented(Amazing Spider-Man, etc.) He did get a sense from all he was shown that The Avengers is going to "own" and be a great start to the summer. I know it's not the trailer guys, and I am waiting for it too, but I thought I would share this as it was too juicy to keep.

Dekard

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=52787

Now, that's all RUMOR, but it sounds plausible. And if it's true, it'll be pretty cool. Especially love that line from Captain America, hope that is real.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got lots of stuff to post! First up, let's talk Iron Man 3, the next movie after The Avengers. Don Cheadle will indeed be back as Rhodey. He said that filming will start in May so expect some casting news, like for the villain, soon.

Next let's talk The Avengers. We have pictures of the toys and they look pretty good. Here are the pics:

Early March is when the toys are scheduled to hit shelves. They also said to expect more news at the NY Toy Fair, which is February 12-15.

But you know what else is cool? Avengers cologne. No joke, it's coming. And it's totally awesome. Check out the images and information here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53130.

Next we have details on a scene from the movie that was revealed via a description for a LEGO set:
6867 Loki’s Cosmic Cube Escape:
Loki is escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters with the powerful cosmic cube. If he succeeds, he could use it to wreak havoc on the world! Can Iron Man take to the skies in his amazing armored suit and chase down the speeding off-roader or will Loki escape with the cosmic cube? You decide! Includes 3 minifigures: Iron Man, Loki and Hawkeye.

The Avengers teaser at the end of Captain America had footage that might be of what is described above. Here are two screencaps of that teaser for reference:

And finally, I present to you some live action shots of each of the Avengers and a team image:

You can view larger images of each of those here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53240.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Big update time!

First up, Empire Magazine has some cool covers with new promo images. Here's a cover with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow together:

And they each get individual ones as well. Here's Captain America:

Iron Man:

Thor:

Black Widow:

Captain America's new suit seems more superhero-ish rather than war-like as it was in his own movie... looks better in that promo image than on set. As for Iron Man, what happened to the triangle center of the suit? Apparently, that suit is one of many he wears in the movie, so that's why.

So what does Empire Magazine reveal about the movie? Well, this...

Captain America has a scene in Stuttgart, Germany, with extras getting drunk outside a theatre playing "Wagner's Ring Cycle" before Loki shows up.

The Avengers will span the globe like a Bond movie.

Feige thinks Renner is a possible scene stealer.

There is a scene with Thor and Iron Man in the woods at night, the one we saw with Cap in the trailer I guess.

The solo adventures will be referenced and Cap will learn the fate of Peggy.

The scene with Loki in a big museum like building is a German court house. He comes out and gives a massive speech about subjugating humanity ('You were made to be ruled') and tells the crowd to kneel. An old German man says he'll never kneel to anyone again and Loki attempts to vaporise him with his staff when Cap uses his shield to deflect the beam. Cap replies 'Men who want to rule the world end up getting just 6 feet of it'. Loki then whoops Cap's a** but Iron Man shows up just in time to capture him and take him back to the SHIELD helicarrier... Which is just what he wants.

They go on to describe the E23 footage and how Feige saw 'We have a Hulk' all over the internet afterward. He praises the writing saying that they cut out lines that would be the best lines in an average movie. And someone is getting validation...Cap will tell Hulk to SMASH!

The post credits scene of Thor was shot in 3D and Whedon hated it. He was originally going to shoot in 3D and decided to convert it in post. Whedon jokes about his reputation for killing characters, he says Cap's death will come out of nowhere and be hilarious.

The studio determines the movies they make, not the director. Feige says 'We are incredibly hands on in a way that a lot of filmmakers have no interest in dealing with'.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53307

Also, the budget is supposed to be $300 million... WOW.

Next is this awesome, detailed statue of the Iron Man Mark VII Armor from The Avengers: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53314

And here's some promotion for the LEGO Avengers, with a promo image of the LEGO Hulk and Captain America:

The above comes from the Toy Fair in the UK... and yes, the LEGO sets were there. Which means, we have some spoilers of the movie from the LEGO sets:

Quote:
The first, 'Loki’s Cosmic Cube Escape', has the Norse god clutching his cosmic cube on the back of a S.H.I.E.L.D. pick-up. No surprise there: it features in the Captain America post-credits clip. Except that behind the wheel is Hawkeye, helping the impish diety escape. If we're not putting two and two together and making 167, it looks like Loki is exercising mind control over the bowman.

That's possibly borne out in 'Hulk Helicarrier Breakout', a scene that presumably precedes the cube escape. While his staff is being evaluated in Bruce Banner's lab, Loki is imprisoned in a glass cell. Here's where it gets mysterious: the kit features flickable barrels for Hulk to launch across the flight deck and stymie a rescue attempt.

Is it Hawkeye's S.H.I.E.L.D. jet, which we spotted nearby with a mini-Jeremy Renner in the cockpit, that he'll be trying to stop? Could this be a Tinker, Tailor man-on-the-inside scenario?

The final kits - 'Quinjet Aerial Battle', featuring a S.H.I.E.L.D. jet piloted by Black Widow, and 'Captain America's Avenging Cycle' - had elements too secret even to reveal at the show. One figure missing was one of Loki's co-villains. Could it be a tiny Simon Cowell? We'll find out when the kits go on sale in early April.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53361

Pictures and details of the Avengers' Quinjet and S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier toys: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53390

And last but not least, this is not related to The Avengers, but the cinematic universe as a whole. The last we heard about a Doctor Strange adaptation was that it would come "sooner rather than later". Well, there is a theoretical physicist named Sean Carroll, who worked with Marvel Studios on Thor... and apparently he's working with them on Doctor Strange. For those that don't know (I didn't until now), Doctor Strange is about a surgeon who becomes Earth's "Sorcerer Supreme". They hired Sean Carroll to help apply limits to Strange's powers (I assume he helped with trying to make Thor realistic as well). Basically, Carroll says that "you need constraints to provide tension. A world where anything can happen makes for a very boring movie. It's when science imposes boundaries on what a superhero can do that the real drama begins." Makes sense.

Back in August, we knew that a script had been turned in... and this news means there is more progress being made. So when will we see this movie? Well, there are still two unknown movies scheduled for 2014 (one on April 4th and the other May 16th) so I think Doctor Strange could definitely fill one of those slots.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The news just keeps on coming! First things first, got the Iron Man 2 Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack a few days ago. Watched the special features and they were enjoyable as always. Probably gonna watch the movie this weekend sometime. Now for the Avengers stuff...

There are some posters that are being sold here. Some of them feature some new art. Check them out:

And the other poster they're selling is a 3D poster and you can see a preview of it here:

Now that is an AMAZING poster! If I could get my hands on that, that would be freaking cool. I like that poster a lot.

Next we have 5 officially released stills from the movie. Some old, some new... but nothing that special. Still kind of cool though. Check them out here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53539.

Next is some great news! This Tuesday, January 31st at 2 pm eastern time they'll have a Global Twitter Chat for 30 minutes with director Joss Whedon and cast members Tom Hiddleston and Clark Gregg. Anyone can participate by using the @Avengers handle and the #Avengers hashtag. Participants can also see a 10 second tease of the 30 second Super Bowl TV spot on February 5th on NBC. That's right... confirmation of a Super Bowl spot! I'm also hearing some rumblings that Disney may release an extended 1 minute long version immediately after the Super Bowl TV spot airs, like they did with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I sure hope so! I'm dying to get new footage!

So we have that to look forward to... but what about the stuff after The Avengers? It was thought that Iron Man 3 would start filming after The Avengers premieres... but one rumor claims that filming may begin the last week of April or the first week of May, so there's a chance it may begin filming before The Avengers premieres. I'm not sure about this one as Robert Downey Jr. would have lots of press stuff to do around the release of The Avengers so we'll see about that.

So what else is coming after Iron Man 3? Well, Thor 2 of course. It was previously thought the movie would start filming this summer... however Tom Hiddleston who plays Loki says it will start shooting in London in the spring. So that's even earlier than expected. Seems kind of weird to me though... if Thor 2 starts filming in the spring, it'll be filming before Iron Man 3, but Iron Man 3 will release first. But either way, I'm looking forward to hearing more about this movie as well.

Anything else going on? Why yes, there is. Neal McDonough (played Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America: The First Avenger) claims that they're planning to start production on the Captain America sequel by the end of this year. Once Thor 2 is done, they'll do Captain America 2. And then he says that hopefully after that they'll do the Nick Fury movie, which is something mentioned before. If he is correct, that means we'll see three Marvel movies filming this year... but then what about all the other projects like Doctor Strange and Ant-Man? Where do they fit in? There are two movies in 2014 coming... seems they could be a combo of Captain America 2, Doctor Strange, a Nick Fury movie, or even something else.

Lots to look forward to!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Time for some awesome stuff!

First is apparently they're selling some Avengers themed 3D glasses for $5 I think. Here's a picture of them:

Okay, so that's kind of lame. But speaking of 3D... The Avengers has been confirmed for a release in IMAX 3D! Yay! The movie wasn't shot in IMAX or in 3D though so it's not going to be like a must-see type of thing, but that's still pretty cool. I'm still not sure how I'll see the movie... either 3D or IMAX 3D or maybe even D-Box, still haven't decided. Depends on where the locations are.

Next is the Twitter chat I mentioned the other day. It happened, here's a transcript: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=53806. Nothing really interesting, aside from them debunking one rumor. Lately some rumors of Disney partnering with Sony for a Spider-Man cameo have been popping. The sources were sketchy and I didn't believe it so I didn't post it... as usual, my intuition paid off as this has been confirmed false. Great news! Any association with that terrible movie would just make me upset.

And now for the final two tidbits... the best for last. We have a 10 second preview of the 30 second Super Bowl TV Spot (and the rumored 1 minute version)! Check it out:

Had a couple new shots in there, like of Thor and Captain America together. Also the explosion scene has been updated to show some alien ships. No details on the aliens yet however. But it looks great and I can't wait for Sunday for more!

And finally, we have our first live action poster! Check it out:

More like wallpaper or something but still great! It's good to finally see some of these ads with the live action characters rather than just promo art.

It all looks great, looking forward to more on Sunday!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Is it just me, or does Capt. America's helmet look kinda weird in that last "live action poster" DarkWish posted? I almost think it should cover all his neck or something. It just looks odd, and makes him stand out, while the others look really good.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So there are some new characters posters to check out: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=54026.

But more importantly... THE SUPER BOWL PREVIEW WAS AMAZING!!! The extended one minute version online is just awesome. You can watch it here:

Just amazing! So much cool action, awesome lines, just great all around. Here's a detailed analysis I did:
- Shot of a city
- Nick Fury voice-over: "The world has changed."
- People running in the streets; some explosions
- Steve Rogers: "At this point, I doubt anything would surprise me" to Nick Fury (in the same scene as the Captain America post-credits scene)
- *Marvel logo*
- Nick Fury: "We are hopelessly outgunned." as we see shots of some ships landing and Nick Fury speaking to the team (Thor can be seen behind him)
- Alien ships blow cars up in the streets
- Tony Stark standing up (Nick Fury behind him)
- Title card: *On May 4*
- Thor get his hammer, Mjolnir, and points it to the sky and lightning appears from it.
- Lightning from the Empire State Building (from Thor possibly... seems to imply that though the previous shots are of Thor in the forest)
- Iron Man lands
- Captain America: "Mr. Stark" (to Tony)
- Tony Stark: "Captain" (to Captain America)
- Nick Fury: "It's time"
- Shot of Captain America's shield
- Tony Stark puts on the Iron Man suit
- Shot of Iron Man in the forest
- Alien ships fly after Iron Man, blasting at him in the city
- Title card: *Assemble*
- Thor helps Captain America up on the battlefield.
- Black Widow does some swings and kicks
- A car being flipped in a tunnel
- Black Widow looks around
- A ship in the sky... Thor jumps on that ship
- A bunch of aliens jump from an alien ship (our first look at the aliens!)
- Explosion... Thor shields his face while he faces right at it. Captain America shields Black Widow with his shield.
- Hawkeye falling and aims his bow upward
- Captain America jumping over destroyed cars in the streets
- Tony Stark closes his eyes
- Iron Man flies into the sky towards this black hole type thing with a pillar of light coming from it. Alien ships come from that black hole and Iron Man blasts some while he dodges shots fired at him from them.
- Nick Fury: "I still believe in heroes."
- Group shot in the city... Hawkeye readies his bow, Thor gets his hammer ready, Black Widow loads some bullets in her handgun, Captain America puts on his shield, Iron Man lands, and Hulk looks ready to attack. (First time we see the group together like this and this is my favorite shot of the trailer, so amazing!)
- Title card: *The Avengers*
- Tony Stark in his home to Loki: "The Avengers, that's what we call ourselves."
- Loki looks all evil slowly walking towards him.
- Tony Stark continues: "Earth's mightiest heroes type thing."
- Loki: "I have an army."
- Tony: "We have a Hulk."
- Shot of Hulk roaring
- Hulk running and smashing glass
- Hulk jumps high in the air as alien ships fly by... one of them hits him but he keeps going and he smashes a ship.
- Title card: *May 5*
- Title card: *IMAX 3D and RealD 3D

So uh... WOW! This was absolutely amazing! That group shot was my favorite part, just seeing them all together was so great. And that exchange with Tony and Loki was brilliant. Here's a GIF of that:

Also, here is our first image of the unknown aliens:

I wonder who they are! Hopefully comic book fans will figure it out soon if they're based on anything from the comics.

Also lots of Hulk scenes which was cool to see. Here's a GIF of the Hulk scenes (he looks really good in this one, his best version yet IMO):

Can't wait for May 4th!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A bunch of updates!

First, I wanted to mention there are rumors there have been some early rough cut screenings of the movie.

The first details come from Chris Wells, who works on the special effects for The Avengers. He says there's a whole intro that happens before you even get to the titles in the movie and it's "pretty big". Out of all the comic book movies he's worked on so far, he said "this is the best one I've seen so far". He does confirm that the Red Skull does NOT appear in this movie. Also, he says his biggest problem with superhero movies is that the payoff doesn't ever match the build up, but he claims "this one definitely does". Rumor is that Chris Wells was then fired because he leaked Red Skull is not in the movie... I hope that is not true, because I think that's too extreme.

Next we have some new stills from the movie. Here is Hawkeye, Captain America, and Black Widow...

And here is Agent Coulson with Thor:

Next up we have some leaked mini posters, which were not finalized. Whether we'll ever see them in full form or not, who knows... but we have these leaked images. Here are two of Black Widow...

And one of the full team which looks great:

Next is a rumor from a Russian site claiming they have some plot details from the script. Here they are (SPOILER WARNING IF TRUE):
At the start of the film, Loki hires Hawkeye and Dr Selvig from Thor to steal the Cosmic Cube from S.H.I.E.L.D.

Captain America has some interesting encounters while walking around New York for the first time in the modern world.

In the scene between Black Widow and Dr Banner (which was shown at NYCC), she tells him S.H.I.E.L.D. will set him free after he does the job, and it causes Banner to lose his temper, but he then shyly apologises.

Stark and Cap meet for the first time when Coulson brings Cap to Stark Tower to ask for help. Pepper Potts will appear in this scene.

The Avengers capture Loki, but he is saved by Thor, about 30-40 mins into the film, his first appearance is landing on top of the Quinjet. Then there’s a scene between the brothers in the forest, and Cap and Iron Man arrive and fight with Thor.

In the cell on the Helicarrier (probably the scene shown at D23), Loki tells Banner that the cell was designed for something “more mean and green”.
Hulk will be out in all his glory in the final battle.

The film’s central figure is Cap, all the events are told from his POV. Apart from New York, the Avengers will also visit an unknown Middle Eastern country, and Asgard.

And last but not least, there is a... NEW TRAILER THIS WEDNESDAY!!! Since the Super Bowl TV Spot was... well, just a TV Spot... it's about time we got a new full trailer. The Avengers Facebook page has revealed that this Wednesday they will put up a new trailer on iTunes. A few days back, the German Facebook page discussed a new trailer coming Wednesday at 6 pm... so if that time is true, then that translates to noon eastern time on Wednesday. Also, rumor is that this trailer has a lot more of the story and some good action shots in it. Also supposedly less Hulk footage, but I suppose they're just trying to save it all for the movie. Can't wait for the trailer!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Check out the official poster:

Pretty neat looking. But more importantly... THERE'S A NEW TRAILER AND IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!! Check it out: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

UPDATE: Okay, here is my detailed analysis...

- Shot of a damaged city
- People running in the streets
- Close-up of people running in the streets
- Nick Fury voice-over: "War has started"
- Pieces of buildings come falling to the ground, one of which destroys a car
- Explosions in buildings
- Nick Fury: "And we are hopelessly outgunned" as we see Captain America behind him (looks like they're in the lab)
- People look out the window of a restaurant to see a building being hit by laser blasts
- The military forces arrive
- Close-up of them running with guns
- More explosions in the streets
- Military guy shooting with a turret
- Agent Coulson voice-over: "Director Fury..." as we see Nick Fury walking
- Agent Coulson to Nick Fury: "... I think it's time" at what appears to be S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, and we also see Steve Rogers walking around
- Nick Fury looks up, he's in the main room in the HQ
- *Marvel logo*
- *Paramount logo* (Note: It's their new 100 years logo, pretty neat)
- A helicopter lands at S.H.I.E.L.D., people seem to be evacuating the area
- Steve Rogers hits a punching bag and it goes flying
- Nick Fury arrives and Steve asks, "You here with a mission, sir? Trying to get me back in the world?"
- Nick Fury tells him, "Trying to save it" and Steve looks up surprised
- Shot of a small hut
- Black Widow to Bruce Banner: "Doctor, we need you to come in". We see Bruce enter the hut, and then a shot of Black Widow saying her line.
- Bruce says "What if I say no?"
- Shot of Bruce in some industrial building turning into the Hulk
- Black Widow: "I'll persuade you"
- Agents have surrounded the hut and are armed with guns
- Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, on the ground
- Shot of Thor
- Thor asks Nick Fury: "What are you asking me to do?" and Agent Coulson is behind Thor
- Shot of Thor catching Mjolnir
- Thor in the forest raises Mjolnir to the sky and shoots lightning
- Empire State Building with lightning at the top of it
- The Avengers' Quinjet lands on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, which is resting on the ocean
- On the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Bruce Banner, shakes hands with Steve Rogers; we see Black Widow next to Steve as well
- Nick Fury in the main control room: "It's called the Avengers initiative"
- Shot of Stark Tower; the lights in the name "Stark" on the tower turn on
- Iron Man flies up and lands at the top of Stark Tower
- Tony Stark voice-over: "I thought I didn't qualify"
- As Iron Man walks, the suit is removed; we see his chest piece on the suit is circular in shape; close-up of the suit's legs being removed
- Tony Stark voice-over continues: "Apparently I'm... what is it... volatile? self-obsessed?"
- Tony Stark entering Stark Tower; his chest piece has a triangle design but it's encompassed in a circular shape, just like from Iron Man 2 (not talking about the suit here, just the part in Tony)
- Tony Stark in Stark Tower: "... and don't play well with others" probably talking to Nick Fury as he holds a laptop in his hand
- Thor on top of some mountains holds up Mjolnir
- In the forest, Iron Man flies towards Thor and kicks him into a tree
- Then we see a shot of Thor crouched on the ground as Iron Man flies over to him and punches him in the face
- Agent Coulson to Agent Maria Hill at S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ: "I think they need a time out" (The Helicarrier is displayed on the screens in front of them)
- Shot of Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America in the forest
- *This May*
- A ship flying in the sky (looks like the Quinjet)
- Thor with Mjolnir jumps onto the ship
- Loki voice-over: "How desperate are you?"
- Shot of Hawkeye, Captain America, and Black Widow walking together
- Black Widow looks behind her
- Shot of Black Widow swinging around a pole
- Black Widow kicks someone (that looks like Hawkeye from the glove thing he's wearing)
- An explosion in a building (I believe the lab at S.H.I.E.L.D.) causes two people to go flying out a window (one of which is Bruce Banner)
- Captain America is dropped from the Quinjet and we see him come flying towards the screen, with his shield forward
- Loki voice-over continues: "to call on such lost creatures to defend you?"
- Iron Man lands in a plaza area; note that his suit's center piece has a triangle shape this time; also we see that Iron Man lands next to Captain America, who appears hurt
- We see that Loki has been talking to Tony Stark
- In the forest, Thor jumps onto Captain America; Captain America uses his shield to block the hit from Mjolnir
- A blast of blue light sends Thor flying backwards in the forest
- Nick Fury to Loki: "You have made me very desperate"
- Loki in a suit with his staff
- A crowd of people bow down
- Alien ships fly through the city and blast buildings
- Bruce Banner voice-over: "We're not a team..."
- Black Widow on the ground, her legs under some rubble, looking worried
- Hawkeye fires an arrow
- Hulk chases after Black Widow
- Tony Stark and Captain America in the lab (the scene where they argue, seen in previous trailers)
- Bruce Banner: "... we're a time bomb"
- Hulk running and destroying stuff
- Hulk jumps into the sky as alien ships fly by; he collides with him and then punches another
- This giant mechanical thing explodes; Thor shields his face but still faces towards it; Captain America shields Black Widow with his shield
- Thor yells "No!" and he appears to be trapped in something; note that he has Mjolnir and there is a crack on the glass, so he might have tried to break free
- A helicopter flies away from S.H.I.E.L.D. as all the glass in the buildings breaks
- Thor looking angry
- Close-up of the aliens in their ships flying through the city blasting it
- Hawkeye falls from a building but aims upwards to shoot an arrow
- Thor helps Captain America up from the ground
- Close-up of Iron Man's helmet
- Iron Man flies after some enemy ships; he misses, but then blasts one; other ships chase after him and try to shoot him but he dodges
- Iron Man flies towards this portal thing in the sky (where alien ships are entering from) and tries to shoot down some enemies; he ends up getting blasted
- As Iron Man falls to the ground, Hulk jumps out of nowhere and saves him, using a nearby building to slow his descent
- Black Widow to Hawkeye: "This is nothing we were ever trained for"
- An extended version of the group shot from the Super Bowl ad... Hulk roars, Iron Man lands, Hawkeye, gets his arrow ready, Thor gets Mjolnir ready, Black Widow loads her handgun, and Captain America readies his shield
- *Title card: Marvel's The Avengers*
- Iron Man: "Guys, I'm bringing the party to you"
- Thor and Captain America look up towards the sky
- Black Widow looks up towards the sky (is that Hawkeye's leg behind her?), and is surprised
- Iron Man comes flying around the side of a building and is chased by this giant tentacle ship thing (looks like the same thing that exploded near Thor, Captain America, and Black Widow earlier in the trailer)
- *May 4*
- *In 3D, RealD 3D, and IMAX 3D*

Lots of interesting things to discover from watching the trailer frame-by-frame. Can't wait for this movie!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A bunch of news has been gathering, so it's time to post it all!

First, if you wanted the theatrical poster in wallpaper form, you can get it here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55555. Looks pretty awesome! I have it on my laptop, iPhone, and as my Facebook cover photo.

Next is in Europe there is some marketing campaign with Montana Beef, and here's a cool promo image showing off the Avengers:

Now we have some new images of Cobie Smulders, who plays Agent Maria Hill: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55639

Speaking of images, we have a bunch of images of trading cards that feature new stills from the movie. Here are ones of Loki: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55660. Here are various Avengers cast members: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55664. And some of Bruce Banner: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55693. And finally, more random cards including one of Agents Maria Hill and Clint Barton (Hawkeye): http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55847.

Now it's time for a Spanish promo for the movie that shows off all the different Avengers characters very briefly, and then the second half is footage of Iron Man from the first two movies. The only thing worth nothing is the very brief new shot of Hawkeye smirking: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55731.

Now let's take an Avengers break and talk Iron Man 3. The movie is scheduled to film at EUE/Screen Gems Studios in Wilmington, North Carolina and apparently set construction has already begun. Supposedly, the target for initial filming is very early May or possibly late April. Remember, Iron Man 3 releases on May 3rd, 2013... Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Jon Favreau are reportedly returning and there are heavy reports that Scarlett Johansson will return as Black Widow as well.

Okay, back to more Avengers stuff. We have some other type of trading cards featuring the cast members: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55774.

There is also some Jeweler in Japan that they're partnering with, and I wanted to post this link cause it has some cool promo art: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55855.

And finally, I've saved the best two pieces for last. First is a new German International Trailer for The Avengers that features some new footage: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55886. There are two new scenes in there, and they are translated as follows:

Extended Tony Stark Scene:

Tony: And following orders is obviously not my style.
Cap: And everyone knows that style is all you care about.
Tony: From all the people around here, who wears the most figure-hugging outfit?

End Scene with Tony:

Tony: I promise a stress-free environment. No suprises.
Banner: Ow!
Cap: Hey!
Tony: You really got it under control, don't you. Whats your secret? Relaxing Jazz, Bongo Drums?
Cap: Is everything like a joke to you?
Tony: If it's funny!

Awesome dialogue! Now that's what I want to see more of, the dynamics between all the characters. Seems Stark and Rogers will be getting on each others nerves a lot and I absolutely love seeing Tony play around with Bruce Banner like that. Great stuff!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Sorry for the double post... seems my post was too long so it wouldn't allow for me to put it all in one post. Anyways, here's the best part...

And finally, the MEGATON! The Avengers Movie Storybook has begun to leak. At the moment, we have a detailed plot for the movie up until the point where the team joins together. This is probably like the first third of the movie I'm thinking. I have put together a summary of what happens, adding in other tidbits from other sources that we know. So, I present to you, the first part of The Avengers...

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
The movie starts off with Captain America remembering having to force the plan down into the cold Artic, as seen at the end of the Captain America: The First Avenger movie. It talks about him remembering how he tried again and again to join the army but was rejected, and then one military doctor gave him a chance. And how the Super-Soldier Serum turned him into Captain America. We will probably get flashbacks to these parts, and it's confirmed we will see a shot of Captain America's body frozen, which we have not seen yet.

The present day events begin with S.H.I.E.L.D. in trouble. Agent Clint Barton of S.H.I.E.L.D., codenamed Hawkeye, was assigned to guard scientist Dr. Erik Selvig (from the Thor movie) who was studying the Tesseract (a.k.a. Cosmic Cube) at a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. bunker. Nick Fury and SHIELD wanted to know exactly what the Tesseract was and what it could do... they had some idea, but they needed more information. So they had asked Dr. Selvig to take a look since he was a leading researcher in his field and had met Thor when he came to Earth.

As seen in the Thor post-credits scene, Loki found the location of the Tesseract by brainwashing Dr. Selvig. But that's not the only person he brainwashes... Loki takes control of Hawkeye. SHIELD Agent Maria Hill and Director Nick Fury try to stop them, but Loki ends up escaping with the Tesseract, as well as with Hawkeye and Dr. Selvig. It was time for Nick Fury to step up his game, as the very important and powerful Tesseract is in Loki's hands.

It's been two years since the last Hulk incident, and Dr. Bruce Banner has been trying to evade capture from anyone that wanted to take advantage of his Hulk abilities. He knew SHIELD was after him, and General Ross was after him as well to experiment on him more. Bruce had been working on controlling his emotions so that he could get upset without turning into the Hulk, and wanted to stay away from SHIELD until he had learned how to totally control it.

Bruce was in Calcutta, working as a doctor, trying to help the poorest of the poor. He was with a patient one day... but when he looked away for a moment, the patient had disappeared and in her place was SHIELD agent Natasha Romanoff a.k.a. Black Widow. Bruce asks, "How did you find me?" and she responds "We never lost you. I'm here, alone, on behalf of SHIELD. We need you to come in". This is the scene from the trailer where Bruce asks "And what if I say no?" and she responds "I'll persuade you" and we see all the SHIELD agents outside the hut armed and ready.

Natasha explains they weren't looking for the Hulk, they needed Bruce Banner. She explained that the Tesseract had been stolen, possibly by a being once worshipped as a god. SHIELD needed to find it before the thief could use its power, but it was emitting gamma radiation at levels too subtle for any of their tools to trace. Since Bruce was the world's leading expert on gamma radiation, they needed his expert advice right now. Bruce suddenly yells "Stop lying to me!". Natasha is not surprised often, but she jumped and braced herself to face the Hulk. Then Bruce begins to laugh and says "I'm sorry, that was mean".

In another part of the world, Steve Rogers is trying to adjust to the modern times. The only place he still felt comfortable was the gym. Steve was working out when Nick Fury walks in. "Are you here with a mission, sir?" Steve asks. "I am", Nick Fury replies. "Trying to get me back in the world?" "Trying to save it." Nick Fury explains that the Tesseract, the object Steve had seen Red Skull using in his attempt to destroy the world, had been stolen. Steve had seen the power of the Tesseract first hand and knew how dangerous it could be in the wrong hands. Nick Fury tells Steve "I've left a debriefing packet at your apartment" and leaves. Steve may not understand everything about this new world, but he knew the importance of saving it.

Since we last saw Tony Stark, he has relocated his operations to the newly constructed Stark Tower in New York. Tony was in his apartment in the Stark Tower skyscraper when a video monitor suddenly lights up. SHIELD agent Phil Coulson says "I need to speak with you". Tony didn't want to have anything to do with SHIELD right now, but then his private elevator opens and Agent Coulson steps into his apartment. He hands Tony a briefcase and says "I need you to look at this". Despite his reservations about the Avengers Initiative, Tony was curious.

Agent Coulson explained that the great SHIELD was facing now was so great that they would need all the help they could get. Tony opened up the briefcase, and inside were holographic images containing information on Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man himself. But what really got Tony's attention was the Tesseract. He understood the gravity of the situation and so Tony Stark was ready to help.

Now, the team begins to gather. This is the scene in the trailer with Tony Stark shaking Steve Rogers' hand. Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Natasha all get onboard a SHIELD aircraft carrier, and Agent Coulson is with them. Agent Coulson was starstruck and couldn't believe he was actually sitting with his idol, Steve Rogers. Bruce was also thrilled to meet one of his heroes. The aircraft carrier begins to move and rather than heading for open water, it rises into the air. Tony tried not to show his surprise at this, but inside his head, he wondered how they were powering it, who had designed it, who built it, etc.

Nick Fury appears on deck and says "Thank you all for coming." He then turns to Bruce and tells him "As soon as the Tesseract is back in SHIELD's hands, you can go. I'm not going to keep you here." Bruce smiled politely, but doesn't believe a word of it. Fury explains "The Tesseract is emitting gamma radiation, and no one knows about that better than you." Agent Coulson informs Bruce that SHIELD had access to any device connected to a satellite. At Fury's directive, SHIELD agents set Bruce up in a lab with spectrometers and an endless supply of devices that could be used to track the Tesseract... it didn't take long for Bruce to track the Tesseract's unique energy.

Meanwhile in Germany, Loki is on the run. But he couldn't resist using his newfound powers to make the humans bend to his will. He sees a crowd gathered outside a museum in Stuttgart, so Loki decides to have some fun. He approaches a guard and commands him to kneel. To his shock and horror, the guard finds himself falling to his knees. Loki shouts "All of you, kneel!" Everyone drops to their knees, except for one man. Somehow, he had remained standing and says "I do not kneel to men like you." Loki replies "There are no men like me" and the old man says "There are always men like you."

Loki lifts his staff and points it at the old man, firing a bolt of energy. Suddenly, something comes flying and deflects Loki's energy bolt before it reaches the hold man, and then circles back to where it came from, almost faster than the eye could see. It was Captain America's shield, and Captain America stood there ready to fight. Loki says "Ah, the Super-Soldier from the Great War." to which Captain America replies "It wasn't that 'great'". Loki then says "Mine will be" and the two begin to fight.

Above in the sky, Natasha was piloting SHIELD's Quinjet. She was hoping to stun Loki with a blast, but there were too many innocent people around for her to get a clean shot. Her radio began to fill with static... no, it wasn't static. It was heavy metal music. "Hello, Tony", she says with a smirk. Iron Man zooms past the Quinjet and swoops down to the square. He fires repulsor blasts at Loki, but they weren't very effective. So, Iron Man uses his repulsor ray to blast Loki's staff out of his hands.

Faced with the combined might of both Captain America and Iron Man, Loki throws his hands up in defeat. Loki surrenders, but the evil smile on his face made Captain America and Iron Man uneasy, they didn't trust him. Back in the Quinjet, Loki is guarded by Black Widow, Iron Man, and Captain America. Nick Fury radios in and tells them to get Loki to the SHIELD Helicarrier, and they would continue the search for Hawkeye, Dr. Selvig, and the Tesseract later. The main thing was to make sure the Tesseract wasn't in Loki's hands and that he was kept somewhere he could do no more harm.

Natasha is piloting the Quinjet and she notices dark black clouds rolling over the jet, though the rest of the sky was crystal clear. "Where's this coming from?" she says, as the clouds begin to ripple with lightning and thunder. Loki looks more nervous than everyone else and Captain America asks "What's the matter? You scared of lightning?" to which Loki replies "I'm not overly fond of what follows." There's a huge crack of thunder and they feel something massive land on top of the jet.

Captain America and Iron Man get ready to face whatever is out there, while Natasha checks one of the jet's cameras. She recognizes the man from SHIELD's files... it's Thor. Iron Man orders the gangway of the Quinjet to be lowered so he could fly out, and Captain America says "Wait! He might be friendly!" Iron Man responds "Doesn't matter. If he's come to rescue our prisoner..." Then suddenly, as the ramp began to descend, a pair of hands grabs it and rips it all the way open. Before Iron Man could fire, Thor throws his his hammer Mjolnir.

Iron Man is sent tumbling across the Quinjet and bashes into Captain America. Thor is able to grab his brother and they leave. Iron Man and Captain America look at each other in disbelief, and then Iron Man rockets out of the ship after them. Captain America grabs a parachute and Natasha shouts "Are you crazy?" They were thousands of feet up in the air, and the Quinjet was moving at a supersonic clip. She suggests "Maybe you should sit this one out." Captain America simply salutes her and jumps.

Thor and Loki had landed on a mountain. "We thought you were dead. We mourned. Our father..." says Thor. "Your father! Did he not tell you my true parentage?" replies Loki. "Loki, we were raised together. Played together. Fought together. Do you remember none of this?" A bitter Loki responds "What I remember is growing up in your shadow." Thor pleads "You must return to Asgard. We will talk to the Allfather..." but Loki says "I am not going anywhere. If Asgard can't be mine, then I shall rule over Midgard (a.k.a. Earth)". Thor's patience runs out and he shouts "You know nothing of ruling."

Suddenly, Iron Man plows into Thor. Although he was taken by surprise, Thor quickly fights back. Thor beats Iron Man repeatedly with Mjolnir, each blow making it more difficult for Iron Man to pick himself back up. Thor raises Mjolnir and summons all his power to him. A great column of lightning descends from the skies and pours into Tony's armor. But inside the Iron Man suit, J.A.R.V.I.S. alerts Tony to something unexpected: the lightning had fed the suit with an unprecedented power surge. Rather than destroying his armor, his power was now at 400%. Iron Man doesn't waste the chance, and he blasts Thor with a repulsor blast so powerful it knocks him down.

Even so, Thor gets back up. As Thor and Iron Man face off again, Captain America shoots down between them. He stands there with his shield raised, his body language made it clear: it was time for the fighting to stop. Thor swings Mjolnir over his head and brings it down with all his might. Captain America raises his shield to meet the hammer. Mjolnir slams into the vibranium, and a sonic boom shakes the entire mountain, but Captain America does not budge. The three of them stare at each other, then over towards Loki, who merely smirked.

Thor then grabs his brother and brings him back to the Quinjet. Thor would force Loki to cooperate with SHIELD for now... after what he had learned about his brother's desire to conquer Earth, it seemed the right thing to do. Back on the SHIELD Helicarrier, Bruce Banner watches as Loki is locked up in a huge glass cage. "This wasn't meant for me, you know. It was constructed for someone angrier and greener" taunts Loki. Bruce's heart rate increases and he breathes deeply to calm down.

Agent Coulson radios in... with Loki captured, his control over Hawkeye and Dr. Selvig had faded. Hawkeye has the Tesseract and is on his way back to SHIELD's carrier with it and Dr. Selvig. Thor waited aboard the Helicarrier, ready to return his brother to Asgard to face Odin's strong arm of justice. Steve, Natasha, Tony, and Bruce looked at one another and then over at Thor. None of them could have captured Loki alone. It was only together, despite their rocky start, that they were able to prevent what could have been the end of the world. And if the problem was even too big for all of them to face, Fury knew he would call upon Dr. Banner to transform into the Hulk to lend a hand.

That's where the movie storybook ends, with lots more still left in the movie. It sounds FREAKING AMAZING!!! I'm loving what I'm hearing and I can't wait to see the movie!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Okay, gonna make this one quick so I'll just post a bunch of links.

First up are two new photos. One of Loki and Captain America, and the other of Thor: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=55996

Now, two new images of Loki:

Cartoon style Avengers wallpaper:

On the subject of the aliens in the movie, they are NOT the Kree or Skrulls. Whedon's reasoning is...

Quote:
"I will say only this: It is not the Kree or the Skrulls. Those two aliens are Marvel mainstays and have enormous backstories. They have a big life of their own that just could not be contained in a film where I already had seven movie stars."

"The Skrulls — they can shape change. That’s a whole thing. I’ve already got Loki. He’s got magic. Once you got magic along with your Iron Man and your Black Widow — it’s a real juggling act."

Now here's a new Avengers banner, which is basically the same as the new poster released but with some different poses of the characters: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=56199

What's the runtime like? The first cut was about 3 hours long, and now it's down to 2 hours and 15 minutes... so expect the final product to be around the 2 hour, 15 minute mark.

Next up are a bunch of new character posters! Check them out here: http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/six-ne ... o-on-sale/. They all look pretty cool, though it is weird that they all each have a character in the background as well.

Now here's a foreign newspaper that shows the cast as their normal selves, and then in super hero form: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=56306. Pretty cool!

Other random tidbits include that the movie is no longer from Captain America's point of view. It originally was, but some stuff was cut out. The audience will still identify with him since he's a stranger to this world, but it won't focus as much on his point of view.

And finally, if you still continue to hear this bogus rumor, I will squash it once again... there is NO cameo from Spider-Man in this movie. Ignore anything that says otherwise.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next