It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Marvel Studios) 
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Re: The Avengers and Marvel Studios movies
Saw Captain America tonight. Pretty good movie. I wouldn't say it was my favorite, but it was solid. Excited for the Avengers now!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Avengers and Marvel Studios movies
A couple of little tidbits...

Disney is holding their annual D23 Expo from August 19th to 21st this year and they will have a special look at The Avengers. Hopefully we can get some details on what is shown.

The other bit of news is that Disney has scheduled two upcoming Marvel movies, one for May 15th, 2014, and the other for June 27th, 2014. We don't know what they are, but they are both releasing in 2014. We don't know if these are Marvel Studios produced or not either, so it's possible they may not be related to the Avengers universe, however I'm sure at least one of them has to be. We already have The Avengers in 2012, and Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 in 2013. So maybe a Captain America 2 for 2014 or something different? Too early to say.

The Avengers is prepping for filming in Cleveland right now, they'll begin filming with the main cast on the 15th and will film throughout this month. So expect some news coming out of that, should be interesting to see.

That's all the little tidbits I could gather. On a related note, I'll finally be seeing Captain America: The First Avenger tomorrow! Definitely excited for that. I'll post up my thoughts tomorrow afterwards, and I'll be on the lookout for any hints and things they drop that are Avengers-related.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Post Re: The Avengers Live Action Universe (Marvel Studios)
So I saw Captain America! I definitely enjoyed it, good movie all around and Captain America was pretty freaking awesome, definitely worthy of representing our nation. Now for my detailed thoughts...

Spoiler: show
First things first... I saw it in 3D. Nothing special really. If you really like 3D, go for it. Otherwise, you won't miss anything in 2D. The movie was overall quite good. One of my minor nitpicks though was the ending... sort of. I think for this movie being just a Captain America movie, it ended rather suddenly... he's awake in present day, now let's end the movie. But I didn't really mind it much because I know that this leads into The Avengers of course. I guess I just wanted more of the movie because I enjoyed it.

Chris Evans was great as Captain America, definitely a character you can feel for and he was a total bad@$$. His suit and shield were really cool (not talking about the cheap one when he was on stage, but his actual one). The effects were pretty good in the movie... Red Skull looked very believable and Chris Evans all skinny-looking looked very real.

Now for the Avengers-related stuff... obviously all the Stark stuff was huge. Howard Stark, Tony's dad, played a big role in this movie and I thought they cast him perfectly. He acted and looked like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. The stuff about Vibranium was nice with his shield. Nick Fury briefly appeared at the end as well. There was a nod to Thor with the Cosmic Cube thing and mentioning it was from Odin's vault. And if I'm not mistaken, all these experiments on super soldiers is related to The Incredible Hulk as well. Lots of little things are more significant in other movies now too... like the very brief glimpse of Captain America frozen in ice in The Incredible Hulk, and Tony Stark having Captain America's shield in Iron Man.

And of course... the scene at the end of the credits! I had seen it already online, but it was even better in theaters. Looks freaking awesome. What I'm so impressed about is just how much they've intertwined these movies, it's incredible. And each superhero feels like their own character, they each have their own distinctive personalities and backgrounds. And I absolutely cannot wait to see how that all fits together in The Avengers. It's such an ambitious thing, but it's going to be so amazing.

EDIT: Missed a few more Avengers references. When Howard Stark finds the Cosmic Cube, that's possibly a hint that the Cosmic Cube is what powers Iron Man's arc reactor. He also plays around with it and it pushes him to the ground and he says, "write that down". Also, when Red Skull is destroyed, some people speculate he almost seemed to be transported into Asgard... I don't know about that one, but interesting nonetheless.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Filming has begun in Cleveland! We have two videos of extras running around...
Video 1: http://video-embed.cleveland.com/servic ... 1497615001
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KGme4-p8qg

We have a photo of Chris Evans on set:

And some images of explosions and lots of smoke:

Those aren't spoilers, I just don't want to clog up the thread with images, so they're behind spoiler tags.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More filming underway and this time we have some more interesting things to see! Here are some pictures of Captain America in his new suit:

And then a video of the fight scene being filmed:

Looks like he's fighting two guys in motion capture suits, so it's probably something CG. The popular theory seems to be the Skrulls.

Next is an image of what appears to be an alien weapon of sorts:

On a side note, a while back the script was leaked and they have said they are doing re-writes, though we don't know how extensive those are. Someone claims to have details on this leak, though I can NOT verify these. If true, these are some MAJOR SPOILERS:
- Loki and the Skrulls are the main villains. Loki uses the Cosmic Cube to attract the Skrulls to Earth.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill is a Skrull.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Coulson dies.
- Final battle is Thor vs. Loki, Captain America & Avengers fighting Skrulls on the ground, and Iron Man & Nick Fury fighting Skrulls in the sky and space.

Personally, it all sounds reasonable except there's no mention of the Hulk in some of that stuff which seems odd to me. So I'm not really believing it.

But that video of them filming the stuff looked cool, just seeing them film Captain America fighting and imagining it all on the big screen is so awesome. Can't wait to see what else they film!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Some more updates on filming! First, here is Captain America thrown out of a window...

The next tidbit involves some cast sightings:
Apparently there was a scene filmed where extras ran and then stopped and stared at the sky. Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki, was supposedly seen running toward the crowd of fleeing extras. There are also unconfirmed sightings of Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Mark Ruffalo (Hulk).

Some cool explosions in the city being filmed:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Now THIS is what I'm talking about... HECK YES!

Captain America and Thor fighting off enemies (probably the Skrulls) together! Here it is:

Thor pushing a car and Captain America on the ground:

Closer look at Thor and Captain America preparing and filming:

And some images of that:

There's also apparently a new teaser for The Avengers being shown at the D23 Expo tomorrow! It's open to the public (with a fee), so hopefully someone records it, or even better... hopefully they put it online in HD.

I must say... the footage of those two characters together fighting looks pretty cool! I can't wait to see the entire team together, that's going to be so amazing. My hype meter is through the roof on this movie. So ambitious and it looks great so far.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

looks pretty terrible without any effects

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
looks pretty terrible without any effects

Okay party pooper, what's so terrible about it? Use some imagination and that looks awesome. Heck, even just as is... seeing those two characters in movies I enjoyed now teaming up makes me excited. It's the concept of them teaming up and finally seeing that with my eyes instead of just picturing it that makes me truly excited. I really love seeing behind the scenes stuff, it's so fascinating.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Disney just concluded their movie presentation at the D23 Expo and there was new Avengers stuff shown! Details here...

- Started off by showing footage of the previous movies, like Thor and Captain America. They showed lots of the connections between the movies, such as the tesseract from Captain America coming from Odin's throne room and that Howard Stark was one of the founding members of SHIELD.
- Showed off some concept art of the Avengers team together.
- Two weeks of filming left for The Avengers.
- Director Joss Whedon put together some footage for the D23 Expo, not being released anywhere else.

Description of footage:
- Loki locked in a giant prison cell lined with windows aboard the SHIELD Helicarrier.
- Nick Fury is threatening Loki saying that if he tries to escape, the cell will be dropped from the bottom of the Helicarrier... 30,000 feet straight down. He says, "It's an impressive cage".
- Nick Fury to Loki: "You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun".
- Loki looks at the camera, knowing that Bruce Banner (a.k.a. the Hulk) is watching and he points out they built this prison cell for the Hulk.
- SHIELD Agent Maria Hill is watching this from a monitor, Captain America also watching from a monitor.
- Bruce Banner on Loki: "He really grows on you, doesn't he".
- Hawkeye lets loose an arrow. He also uses guns, but he has a quiver of arrows on his back.
- Nick Fury talks about bringing the team together, showing shots of everyone.
- Footage of the Hulk roaring.
- Iron Man and someone battling, maybe Thor?
- Tony Stark to Loki: "A couple of master assassins, a demigod, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. And you, big fella, managed to p**s off every one of them." Loki: "I have an army." Stark: "We have a Hulk!"

Cast details:
- At the D23 Expo: Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Scarlett Johannson (Black Widow), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), and Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)
- Director Joss Whedon, Samuel Jackson (Nick Fury), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), and Chris Evans (Captain America) were filming at that very time in Cleveland, so they couldn't be there.

So... OH MY GOODNESS! That description was great! What I'm looking forward to the most is the interaction between the cast members, that seems like it's going to be so awesome. And the line at the end that Tony Stark said proves that it will be... what an amazing line. So hilarious and awesome. This footage absolutely NEEDS to leak! If I find something, I'll post it here ASAP!

EDIT: Here's a cool clip of Captain America filming:

UPDATE: We have a detailed description of the footage! Read it here...
The footage began with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in prison on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) addresses Loki through the clear panels of the cage: "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, you so much as tap on the glass..." Fury then flicks a switch and the floor of the cage almost completely drops away, revealing a 30,000 foot drop to certain doom (or as certain as doom can be with someone like Loki).

Loki simply observes, "It's an impressive cage", and he notes that it was clearly built for someone else. Fury says that it was - it was built for someone even stronger than him. Loki knows they're talking about the Hulk, calling him a mindless beast and wondering how desperate Fury must be to ally himself with the likes of such a creature. At this point we see all the various personnel who are listening into this conversation, including Hulk's human alter ego Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders).

Loki wonders what it must feel for Fury to have been so close to wielding the power of the Cosmic Cube, and how devastating it must be for all that to have slipped away. Fury accuses Loki of talking about peace and then killing for fun, and he tells Loki, "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Loki asks him what it must be like to be in the presence of real power - to which Fury simply replies, "Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something", and walks away from the cage. The Avengers look at the prisoner on the video monitors, as Bruce Banner caustically observes, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

The footage then shows a bunch of action sequences, including a fighter jet flying over a city, an explosive truck chase, and - most intriguingly - a shot of Captain America and Thor apparently fighting each other, with Thor about to bring the hammer down on Cap's shield. All the while, we hear Nick Fury explain the mission statement of the Avengers: "There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable, to see if they could become more. To fight the battles we never could."

But the most epic exchange comes at the end, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) is behind a bar counter, mixing himself a drink. He describes his teammates: "Let's do a head count. We've got a couple master assassins, a demigod, and a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend" - that'd be Black Widow and Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America. It's then that we learn Stark is talking to Loki: "And you, big fella, have managed to p**s off every single one of them."

To this, Loki responds, "I have an army." Stark's eminently quotable and awesome response? "We have a Hulk." We then see the Hulk roar, and the footage ends. While it's still early days - indeed, filming is still two weeks from completion - this is looking very, very good so far.

Sounds freaking awesome! PLEASE LEAK!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
More from filming in Cleveland!

We have our first glimpse of Loki filming for The Avengers! Cleveland was set up to look like Stuttgart, Germany. In this video, we see Loki attacking people near the end:

Loki up-close:

I'm hearing some reports of maybe Scarlet Johannson and Samuel Jackson maybe being in the area, but nothing seen on film yet. We know that Mark Ruffalo hasn't been spotted either but was filming so who knows if we'll see anything.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
First up we have a cool new promo pic of the Avengers team together:

And next is some stuff on filming that involves some SPOILERS. It's two characters fighting and some people may not want to know about some of the fights, so if you don't want to know then don't look. Otherwise, enjoy...

Looks pretty awesome! Can't wait to see how this looks on film.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
A bunch of new things! First up, that cool Avengers team art I posted Friday? We now have it in better quality and without the words on it. Check it out:

But you know what's even cooler? This ABSOLUTELY FREAKING EPIC art of the team in battle:

I mean, imagine that in movie form... OH MY GOD. I can't wait!

And some artwork for Nick Fury:

And artwork for the villain (most people should know who it is, not really much of a surprise, but just in case I'll spoiler tag it):
Loki:

And finally, I mentioned this earlier in the thread with a sneak peek, but now we have the full thing because it leaked! So, Marvel is working on some shorts that tie into the Avengers cinematic universe. The first one is called "The Consultant" and is on the Thor blu-ray. It has now leaked online and can be viewed in its entirety here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=45528.

Details on it:
Awesome stuff! It's two agents of SHIELD discussing SHIELD-related things, and one of the agents is Agent Coulson from the various movies and the other is named Agent Sitwell. He talks about how they want Blonsky from the "The Incredible Hulk" movie (the other Hulk-like guy that fought Hulk at the end). Apparently, he's known as "The Abomination", which is straight from the comics. Anyways, it seems Nick Fury doesn't want him on the Avengers team they are creating, but the World Security Council or something does. On the council's orders, they need to send a liaison to General Ross to ask for Blonsky (who General Ross apparently has in custody) even though they don't want him on the team. They decide to send "The Consultant" to talk to General Ross and annoy him so much that he refuses to give them Blonsky.

And cue the scene from The Incredible Hulk where "The Consultant" a.k.a. Tony Stark talks to General Ross. Afterwards, Agent coulson says it was successful. Very awesome short IMO... it adds a whole new meaning to that scene with Stark and I absolutely love the continuity in these movies. Great idea by Marvel to do these!

This "Marvel One-Shot" (as they are called) takes place sometime after the plots of Iron Man 2, Thor and The Incredible Hulk, but before The Avengers. The next "Marvel One-Shot" is called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer", which will be on the Captain America: The First Avenger blu-ray and will take place after Agent Coulson leaves Tony Stark's lab in Malibu during Iron Man 2 and occurs before he arrives solo at the crater site in Thor. I really hope they continue to do these kinds of things, it's great to see this universe expanded and connected further.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Okay, this is freaking awesome. We have pictures from the New York set... I'm not sure if that actually means they filmed in New York or if the set was meant to look like New York (EDIT: Filmed in New York... Central Park to be exact), but regardless... these pictures have the entire Avengers team together and that's a movie-making feat in itself! Note that it also includes pictures of the villain, which if you saw the post-credits scene with Thor, you should know exactly who the villain is. But if you're truly trying to avoid even the tiniest tidbit of spoilers, then don't look. Check it out...

I mean look at that! Look at that star-filled line-up right there! They're all filming together for one movie, this is pretty awesome. Anyone else get hyped just seeing those images?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
The awesome keeps on coming! Now we have Captain America leading Black Widow and Hawkeye into battle in full costume! Check them out:

Looks great!

UPDATE: So that scene filmed yesterday in New York? We have details on what was filmed (possible MAJOR SPOILERS and quite possibly the ENDING of the movie) as well as pictures and videos...

Looks like there was a Thor and Loki dialogue scene. We see Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Banner exit a SHIELD car. Widow hands Banner some kind of duffel bag. Tony Stark shakes hands with Captain America and gets in his car (which is a convertible) with Banner and they drive off. Captain America gets on his bike and drives away in the other direction. There are a bunch of SHIELD agents on the street, standing guard as all of this happens. Thor and Loki stand facing each other, each holding onto some kind of Asgardian device (pictured below). The rest of the cast (Erik Selvig, Hawkeye, Widow, Stark, Ruffalo, Cap) stand around them in a circle. Loki and Thor disappear and the group looks up at them as they go up into the clouds. And also there's a dialogue scene between Loki, Widow, and Hawkeye.

Sounds to me like it's just a mix of various scenes, though some of it sounds like it could be the end... like when Thor and Loki disappear. Very interesting stuff. Anyways, here are some images...

Thor and Loki holding some device:

Tony Stark's convertible:

SHIELD car:

Also not mentioned was this briefcase that Tony Stark had that seems shockingly similar to the one with the Tesseract/Cosmic Cube in the post-credits Thor scene:

And finally... we have VIDEO! You can view the videos here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=45745. They show various takes of the scene with them gathering around Thor and Loki.

Now for my analysis... I'm almost positive this is one of the final scenes of the movie. It's awesome to see that they all survived to the end of the movie (though Nick Fury and SHIELD agent Maria Hill and agent Coulson are nowhere to be seen... so their lives are in danger). Seems to me like Loki either turns good or is captured... hard to tell. It kind of looks like Thor pushes him a little, but I can't tell. Either way, they go back to Asgard... which recent interviews revealed that Loki would play a further role in Thor 2. It's kind of cool just seeing them all part ways in the end as well... so when they reunite again in the inevitable Avengers 2, that will be epic. It seems Captain America goes off on his own. Black Widow and Hawkeye go together probably back to SHIELD. And quite interesting that Bruce Banner goes with Tony Stark... will we see a Banner cameo in Iron Man 3 then, perhaps? Very interesting stuff.

My hype meter is so crazy high right now, for so many reasons. I can picture these scenes in my head and it's going to be incredible, I can tell.

UPDATE: More stuff! First up are some behind the scenes videos of the NY filming:

Also, The Avengers wraps principal photography tomorrow. Looks like it'll end by filming stuff in NY. We also have some details on some scenes filmed in New York, which includes a hint at Stan Lee's cameo. Check it out:
Scenes filmed in NY involve a damaged Quinjet crash landing. For those that don't know, the Quinjet is a ship used by the Avengers. According to Wikipedia, they are infamous for being destroyed soon after they appear... which judging from the crashing of this one in the movie, seems like they're following tradition. There's a scene with Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye heading towards a viaduct.

The scene descriptions mention a "leviathan". One just says "The leviathan turns" and other says "The leviathan head comes to a rest on the street." And finally, we have a scene that says "Tracking shot of the leviathan heading down Park." What could "leviathan" mean? Well it could be this: http://marvel.wikia.com/Leviathan_(Earth-616). It's quite possible they just used this as a placeholder name to not reveal anything in case this stuff leaks, which it did.

Also, we have details on the scene in the cafe with Steve Rogers. A waitress flirts with Steve as he has the Stark file with him. People stop and look up at the sky, as does the waitress. Alien gunfire then hits the cafe causing people to flee and the waitress leads people inside. In the cafe, the waitress and others are forced out as glass blows in. The waitress exits the cafe and runs up 42nd Street.

Stan Lee is described simply as "Old Guy" in the schedule, but he is seen in the cafe area near Steve Rogers.

Oh, and there's a scene where Steve Rogers rides on the subway. And it's the final scene of principal photography for the movie.

Oh, and Comic Book Movie posted this banner with one of their articles (created from a set photo) and I thought it was neat:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

There's some SERIOUS irony in the fact that my favorite hero of the bunch ends up being Captain America. Especially considering I've hated Captain America more than any other comic-book hero.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:26 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So who owns any of the movies? I don't own any of them... not sure what I was waiting for to be honest. So I went ahead and ordered Iron Man (Ultimate 2 Disc Edition) and The Incredible Hulk (Three-Disc Special Edition) for now since those were the cheapest on Amazon, and then also pre-ordered Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD combo + Digital Copy) for release date delivery (it releases in a week). I'll have to order Iron Man 2 soon... for that I'm looking to get the Blu-ray/DVD combo which Amazon has for $29.99, which I'm hoping will go down eventually.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
So who owns any of the movies? I don't own any of them... not sure what I was waiting for to be honest. So I went ahead and ordered Iron Man (Ultimate 2 Disc Edition) and The Incredible Hulk (Three-Disc Special Edition) for now since those were the cheapest on Amazon, and then also pre-ordered Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD combo + Digital Copy) for release date delivery (it releases in a week). I'll have to order Iron Man 2 soon... for that I'm looking to get the Blu-ray/DVD combo which Amazon has for $29.99, which I'm hoping will go down eventually.

I don't own any of them. In fact, as much as I like them, the only superhero/comic movies I own are the X-Men (minus Wolverine), Spiderman, and Superman movies. I enjoy Iron Man 1 & 2, but never bought them. I think it's because that is when I started Netflix, and I could get them in the mail or instant queue almost anytime I wanted. In fact, I buy a WHOLE LOT less movies now because of Netflix & Redbox.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got my two movies! Both good and bad to it...

First, The Incredible Hulk... 3 disc set, pretty neat. I put in the digital copy, but it expired on January 25th of this year which is a huge bummer. Why do digital copies expire? That's ridiculous. So there goes part of the reason why I bought it. Oh well, I mostly wanted the movie and bonus features... I can make my own digital copy (not as clean, but a mobile version nonetheless). I'll have to watch those later.

And second, Iron Man... holy smokes! The picture on Amazon didn't show this, I didn't know I was getting this copy... the DVD case is in the shape of Iron Man's helmet! Pretty awesome, was not expecting that. It's the "Ultimate 2-Disc Edition".

So yea, a minor disappointment but a nice surprise as well. Pretty nice overall, can't wait to watch these movies again maybe this weekend and see the special features. And then Thor next week!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

DarkWish wrote:
I put in the digital copy, but it expired on January 25th of this year which is a huge bummer. Why do digital copies expire?

I'm assuming it's an iTunes activation? There's your reason; itunes.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:05 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
ExiledBlacky wrote:
I'm assuming it's an iTunes activation? There's your reason; itunes.

Yes, it was. However in the past with other DVD's I bought, I could also redeem them through Windows Media Player or something... and the insert with the DVD listed an expiration date as well. So it's not an iTunes thing.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So over the past few days, I watched Iron Man and all the bonus features. Great movie of course, awesome start to this whole universe they have created. I was pleasantly surprised at the bonus features... there's like a 7 part documentary that lasts around 2 hours total and is very in-depth, going through all the different levels of production. I found it VERY interesting, as I love that kind of stuff, and it made me respect what they did even more. RDJ is a great actor and he seems like a cool guy, it was awesome seeing his perspective of the movie and everything.

I'm off to watch The Incredible Hulk now and I'll watch the bonus features sometime this weekend.

EDIT: So I watched The Incredible Hulk... another great movie. It was nice seeing it again after a while and picking up on a few more Avengers-related tidbits. There wasn't much... but stuff like references to the WWII super soldier program (of course referring to Captain America) and the Tony Stark scene at the end (which had new meaning after seeing the leaked Agent Coulson "Consultant" short). I also noticed a handful of SHIELD name-drops throughout the movie and the opening sequence to the movie showed a document for a split second with Nick Fury's name on it. So just some little things here and there, but this is when they slowly started putting it together... they really started putting this universe together with Iron Man 2, so I'll have to buy that soon.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Woah, that was neat! I just watched all the bonus features with The Incredible Hulk. So the first disc that comes with the movie has a couple of deleted scenes that aren't that great, didn't care that they were cut... but the second disc with all the other bonus features also has a bunch more deleted scenes and a bunch of them are great. Lots of cut stuff with Bruce and Betty with a ton of stuff with Leonard (the guy Betty was with) cut as well. It would have added some interesting dynamics to the movie and some scenes were quite touching (like how Bruce is laughing and having a good time with Betty and Leonard, and then starts crying cause he hasn't had a good time like that in a while). I can see how those scenes added in could mess with the pacing of the film, so I can see why they were cut, but they were pretty good.

Also, the behind the scenes stuff was interesting of course. Pretty in-depth on some things, lots of stuff in there. It's quite a shame that Edward Norton isn't the Hulk anymore, he was a great one... but I can kind of see how he might have been a bit controlling on set. I'm more curious than ever on how Mark Ruffalo is going to pull this off now since he's playing an already established Bruce Banner. Also, since I saw the movie the first time, I became much more familiar with the Marvel universe by reading up on things. I had no idea that when they called Blonsky the Abomination, that that was actually his name in the comics. Also, interesting thing that could be in a potential Hulk 2...

Dr. Samuel Sterns got some of the blood on his head and it started bulging all weird... which before I had no idea what that meant, but now I know that Dr. Sterns becomes the Leader in the comics. That could be potentially very interesting, so I hope they do make a sequel eventually so Mark Ruffalo can get his own movie and so they can explore the Leader and more.

So lots of very interesting stuff, both in the movie and in the behind the scenes documentaries. Can't wait to delve into all the Thor stuff this week!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Got Thor today! Just finished watching it and it was great of course. I think my rankings of the movies are as follows...

1) Iron Man
2) Captain America: The First Avenger
3) The Incredible Hulk
4) Thor

Note that I didn't include Iron Man 2 in there... that's because it's been a while and I want to watch it again to make my final judgement on where that goes, but I'd say it probably goes either before or after Captain America. Yes, Thor is last on my list, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It was fun seeing the post-credits teaser again, especially since it has more meaning after seeing Captain America.

I'm hoping to watch the bonus features this week, though I did watch one 3 minute long extra called "Road to The Avengers" which was pretty cool. It was basically the director of The Avengers, Joss Whedon, talking about how it's all about all these superheroes teaming up and they showed them introducing the entire cast at Comic-Con 2010. Throughout the whole thing, they showed clips of each of the Avengers team members from the 5 already released movies (though when referencing Bruce Banner, they just showed the CGI Hulk since Edward Norton is being replaced of course). No new footage or anything, but a fun little teaser to get people excited, I'm sure the Captain America blu-ray will have more.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
New Avengers details! These are some big spoilers... they're only rumors, but supposedly the source has been right before:
IF true, it means the following:
- Thor will fight against The Incredible Hulk downtown in some city.
- Thor fights Tony Stark (Iron Man) so he can get Loki back from SHIELD possession.
- We know Loki is a big villain, but supposedly the other big villain that we'll see is Thanos.
- The mysterious aliens that seem to be in the movie are Thanos' army.
- Basically, Thanos makes a deal with Loki to get him the Infinity Guantlet. He trades his army for the Gauntlet.

Source is ComicBookMovie

EDIT: Watched the Thor featurettes and they were interesting. There was not as much compared to the Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk stuff, but it was still interesting. Also liked that they did a featurette on the music, though it was one of the shortest ones unfortunately at like 2 minutes only. Still pretty neat overall.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next