It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Movie Discussion 
5000+ Club

Post Re: Movie Discussion
I liked the third MI, that was my first one, it was cool.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Saw Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol in IMAX! I really enjoyed it, thought it was a fun and intense movie. It had its moments of "that person should be dead" or "how did they manage that?" but that's to be expected. Also, I understood the movie just fine not having seen any others, but they did have multiple mentions of things from previous movies that also fit into the context of this movie.

Oh, and saw some cool movie trailers. The G.I. Joe: Retaliation one was cool in theaters, nice hearing The Glitch Mob through the theater's speakers. No prologue for The Dark Knight Rises at this theater, but they did play the new trailer. I had seen the leaked version online before and it looked interesting... but seeing it in theaters got me hyped up. Just seeing it in IMAX with the incredible sound, amazing.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

I'm excited to see a bunch of movies over break.

First up is the new Sherlock Holmes. While I'm not expecting much, I'm sure it'll be another fun movie. Sadly, it won't be as awesome as the BBC Sherlock TV Series. I'm more excited for the next season of that.

Then on Tuesday I'm going to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Really can't wait for this. It's going to be a great movie, and the soundtrack is just awesome.

And to finish break I'll try to see Mission Impossible and Tintin (I always was a huge Tintin reader).

There a lot of good movies coming out next year, but it might take me a while to see them. I doubt I'll go to the theatre much in Amsterdam. I am looking forward to see how The Hunger Games turns out. I've read the series, and it could make for a good movie. If it's done right...

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:08 pm
5000+ Club

I finally got my netflix back again so now Im trying to figure out which movies I missed this year to see. Getting Xmen First Class and Scott Pilgrim soon, forgot what other superhero movies came out this year.

I do aim to see Mission Impossible hopefully in January, Sherlock Holmes, and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo did look interesting.

The Hunger Games trailer was shocking. I dont see how it will have a happy ending, and that John Carter movie finally looks interesting.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
I finally got my netflix back again so now Im trying to figure out which movies I missed this year to see. Getting Xmen First Class and Scott Pilgrim soon, forgot what other superhero movies came out this year.

I do aim to see Mission Impossible hopefully in January, Sherlock Holmes, and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo did look interesting.

The Hunger Games trailer was shocking. I dont see how it will have a happy ending, and that John Carter movie finally looks interesting.

Did you read the series?

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
5000+ Club

Jack wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Did you read the series?

Nope, I would if I had time :(

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Going to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows on Wednesday! Enjoyed the first one, so I'm looking forward to this. Also looking forward to seeing the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises again in theaters.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

DarkWish wrote:
Going to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows on Wednesday! Enjoyed the first one, so I'm looking forward to this. Also looking forward to seeing the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises again in theaters.

The Dark Knight Rises trailer is pretty awesome. The movie was.. alright. Didn't have the same flare as the first film.

Bobius,Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 21:29 wrote:
I shall assume Mike is right as he is Mike.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Jack wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

Did you read the series?

Nope, I would if I had time :(

I finished all three books within 6 days.

In other news. I just got back from Sherlock Holmes. It was fun and enjoyable.

Still, I can NOT wait for TGWTDT on Tuesday. It is going to be awesome.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:46 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Looking forward to Sherlock Holmes.

Not sure about The Hunger Games. I am staying away from the trailers until I finish the series (in 2nd book right now). I saw the movie poster, and I was surprised at the girl they picked to play the main character. I didn't picture her like that... Hope it doesn't screw up my own imagination like many movies do to the books.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

Thought Sherlock Holmes 2 was better than the first.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:14 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
Wrath of the Titans trailer: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/watch- ... unleashed/

The Dark Knight Rises trailer: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/second ... s-trailer/

Wrath of the Titans looks like fun. The first one was a fun ride... nothing special and didn't care much for the characters or anything, but it had some fun action scenes. This one looks like the action scenes will be even better, so it's worth a view for me.

The Dark Knight Rises... saw the trailer in IMAX and it was awesome. Great to have a good quality version now.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Dark Knight Rises trailer was pretty good, but it's still just a trailer and I don't understand why people are freaking out about it :P

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

So I felt like watching Star Wars 4-6 again, and I also found Mission Impossible 1-3 in our collection.

So I'm watching them all before I see MI4, just cause.

This week I'll see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Tintin, and probably M:I 1-2.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm
5000+ Club

Saw Xmen First Class tonight. I hope we get a sequel. I was really hoping to see Storm but I guess she came much later in the Xmen timeline, eh heh. Most of the powers were pretty terrible.

Spoiler: show
What happened to the CIA agent after the interrogation? Was Charles always so loaded, how did he get rich?! Missile scene was amazing!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
What happened to the CIA agent after the interrogation? Was Charles always so loaded, how did he get rich?! Missile scene was amazing!

What CIA agent are you talking about
and
his parents are/were loaded.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:41 am
5000+ Club

ExiledBlacky wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

and

The woman one, at the end of the movie the one that was with him and his wheelchair and they kissed

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
ExiledBlacky wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

and

The woman one, at the end of the movie the one that was with him and his wheelchair and they kissed

If you watch the other movies, you will see that they end up having somewhat of a relationship and then split up somewhere down the line. The movie canon/timeline is not clear on exactly what happens to her/them. She does pop up in later movies, though.

Comics are different timelines/storylines entirely so I will not use any of those to answer your question.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
So I just watched Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World... the trailer and commercials looked terrible, but my sister wanted to watch it and I, for some reason, decided to watch as well. I enjoyed the first three somewhat... they were fun movies at the time I saw them. And the third movie was pretty neat IMO with the whole game concept, it was fun watching that in 3D with the old red/blue 3D glasses (I own that movie). But this movie... wow, what the hell did I just watch. That was one of the worst movies I've seen in a very long time. Almost all of it just didn't make sense, is filled with a million plotholes, wasn't even funny, had atrocious acting, and I literally couldn't stop saying "what am I watching?" out loud over and over.

Detailed spoilerific thoughts:
I knew going into this that there would be new "Spy Kids" and that the previous two characters from the first three movies, Carmen and Juni, would appear. The new kids were terrible actors and their story was pathetic. The whole concept of time was so overdone and so convoluted that it just made no sense whatsoever... and seriously, if you played a drinking game and drank a shot everytime the word "time" was said, you'd be dead within the first 10 minutes probably.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather save myself the time. I will say that I had a good laugh, so that's a positive there... sort of, but not really. The only positive thing really for me was seeing Carmen and Juni again... though their part of the plot was dumb as well and they were so underused.

Trust me when I say that you could have "All The Time In The World" and this movie still isn't worth watching.

On a more positive note, we have a trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey...

Personally, I thought that was a bad trailer. It didn't hype me up at all and it was so poorly paced. There just was no meaning to it, just a bunch of random scenes it felt like, and it made the movie seem boring to me. I never read the books (tried to read one of them but then stopped), but I did watch the movies and I enjoyed them. I was never a huge fan, but I enjoyed them for what they were... but I'm hoping this was just a bad trailer. Because as of now, this is a movie I'm waiting to watch on Blu-ray, not in theaters... based on that trailer.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 am
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

My Preciousssssssss!

Definitely will see this movie, however not in theaters since I often miss December releases. Based on the trailer, I guess they are saving all of the action for the second part of the movie. Oh well, I think I greatly preferred Hobbit over the other books.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

DW: For once I totally agree with you. The trailer was slow, and not really exciting.

But I'm sure the movie will be great.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 pm
Barrel Cannon Acrobat

Jack wrote:

I'm not.
The actual book didn't have nearly enough content to justify 2 movies.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

ExiledBlacky wrote:
Jack wrote:

I'm not.
The actual book didn't have nearly enough content to justify 2 movies.

TWO MOVIES?

Oh great. Now I'm kinda annoyed. Guess that's why the first trailer was so boring, because they didn't have enough stuff to put in it without putting the entire movie in the trailer.

In other news, I'd suggest that everyone goes and sees The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo NOW. Although it is rated R for a very good reason... And I'm off to see Tintin tonight! (Read the books as a kid, can't wait)

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

Tintin was entertaining, although sometimes I felt like it was a bit too fast paced to actually let a story build.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm
Pokémon Master

Jack wrote:
Although it is rated R for a very good reason...

Being?

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next