It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Nielson Poll - Buy in Next 6 Months? 
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Post Nielson Poll - Buy in Next 6 Months?
A recent Nielson poll had these results. Thoughts??

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 am
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER }
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Post Re: Nielson Poll - Buy in Next 6 Months?
The elephant in the room is those other top devices wanted, Apple devices. Because most of them are priced the same or higher than the Wii U, and you know if someone buys their kid an iPad for $500, their probably not gonna wanna get them anything else close to that price range for a while......

Nintendo needs to keep the momentum.....as in keep great fun games coming as well as add cool features and apps at the same time to keep interest. Biggest feature right now is the fact that you can play without a tv for the most part! I am finding wonderful flexibility using the Gamepad for a house/mobile screen. And has anyone tried surfing the net!? It's awesome! Check this post out on Destructoid:

http://www.destructoid.com/youtube-on-w ... 9244.phtml

Basically you can surf the web on the pad while an HD video is playing on tv! And the browser is really fast! Starting HD videos on the tube is unbelievably faster than my quadcore mac for some reason!
I LOVE sitting on the couch and surfin the web especially youtube now.

And it isn't just youtube with that feature, I visit Gametrailers regularly and there videos do the same thing.

But back to what I was saying about features and apps, there's a few things that should be on it right this very minute that aren't. Like a Photo Booth.......C'MON nintendo! 3DS has a Photo Booth/camera since when it launched! There is a freakin camera on the Gamepad WHHHYYYY is there no photo booth?! It's features like that if Nintendo forgets to put them too late can hurt the Wii U in the long run.

Another feature like the 3DS's, but a very minor one, is a note-taking app, I know you can send notes and messages to friends, but why not have a simple app where we can draw whatever, maybe even edit a photo we just took......oooops nope forget it.....nintendo STILL doesn't have a Photo Booth app..................

Ay yi yi yi yiyy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:40 am
Forum Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
0430-8286-7357
batmanjokergorden wrote:
The elephant in the room is those other top devices wanted, Apple devices. Because most of them are priced the same or higher than the Wii U, and you know if someone buys their kid an iPad for $500, their probably not gonna wanna get them anything else close to that price range for a while......

Nintendo needs to keep the momentum.....as in keep great fun games coming as well as add cool features and apps at the same time to keep interest. Biggest feature right now is the fact that you can play without a tv for the most part! I am finding wonderful flexibility using the Gamepad for a house/mobile screen. And has anyone tried surfing the net!? It's awesome! Check this post out on Destructoid:

Basically you can surf the web on the pad while an HD video is playing on tv! And the browser is really fast! Starting HD videos on the tube is unbelievably faster than my quadcore mac for some reason!

And it isn't just youtube with that feature, I visit Gametrailers regularly and there videos do the same thing.

But back to what I was saying about features and apps, there's a few things that should be on it right this very minute that aren't. Like a Photo Booth.......C'MON nintendo! 3DS has a Photo Booth/camera since when it launched! There is a freakin camera on the Gamepad WHHHYYYY is there no photo booth?! It's features like that if Nintendo forgets to put them too late can hurt the Wii U in the long run.

Another feature like the 3DS's, but a very minor one, is a note-taking app, I know you can send notes and messages to friends, but why not have a simple app where we can draw whatever, maybe even edit a photo we just took......oooops nope forget it.....nintendo STILL doesn't have a Photo Booth app..................

Ay yi yi yi yiyy!

You make very good points here bmjg, but what stuck out to me most was the power rangers picture - lol! -, the robot was from Power Rangers, right? I remember seeing this on tv when I was in elementary or middle school. Anyways, some could say the ability to draw or type in Miiverse fulfills the note-taking app you suggested. Any thoughts to this?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
JHardin1112 wrote:
batmanjokergorden wrote:

Ay yi yi yi yiyy!

You make very good points here bmjg, but what stuck out to me most was the power rangers picture - lol! -, the robot was from Power Rangers, right? I remember seeing this on tv when I was in elementary or middle school. Anyways, some could say the ability to draw or type in Miiverse fulfills the note-taking app you suggested. Any thoughts to this?

Oh definitely, like I said you can send messages an such but not just doodle by yourself and save to your hard drive.

Remember the Wii launch? It HAD a photo editor at launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-jMMczUPgE

Attachment:
Wiimen.png

You should at LEAST be able to take pictures with the pad right now and edit them send them to friends. But now that I think about it, I forget who we are dealing with, Nintendo. Now that the Wii U for the most part can be connected almost 100% of the time to the internet, they want to make sure nobody is sending inappropriate content and sending them to each other. Understandable, but at least have the ability to take and store pics for our own personal amusement.

I actually really see no problem with picture taking and sending as sending doodle art can have a dirty or grotesque picture drawn and people accidentally see it before Nintendo can remove it. But the online connectivity should always be monitored by the parents of underage children anyways. Parents should be the ones with much more responsibility to see that they protect their children from harmful content.

And I think Nintendo has done enough to the point of me wanting them to stop with so many rules and regulations of their platform. Everyone shouldn't have to suffer because a few parents don't monitor their children.

They have a good platform, again just keep the fun interesting games coming and the convenient features coming on a regular basis.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm
Forum Moderator

NNID: Gamergd3
3DS Friend Code:
2878-9653-5609
batmanjokergorden wrote:

You should at LEAST be able to take pictures with the pad right now and edit them send them to friends. But now that I think about it, I forget who we are dealing with, Nintendo. Now that the Wii U for the most part can be connected almost 100% of the time to the internet, they want to make sure nobody is sending inappropriate content and sending them to each other. Understandable, but at least have the ability to take and store pics for our own personal amusement.

I actually really see no problem with picture taking and sending as sending doodle art can have a dirty or grotesque picture drawn and people accidentally see it before Nintendo can remove it. But the online connectivity should always be monitored by the parents of underage children anyways. Parents should be the ones with much more responsibility to see that they protect their children from harmful content.

And I think Nintendo has done enough to the point of me wanting them to stop with so many rules and regulations of their platform. Everyone shouldn't have to suffer because a few parents don't monitor their children.

They have a good platform, again just keep the fun interesting games coming and the convenient features coming on a regular basis.

I really don't know what I'd take a picture of. Maybe they'd rather you use video chat instead? It's not like you couldn't do inappropriate stuff over video. I think since the camera faces the player, you couldn't easily see what you were taking it off, plus with it's limited range you could really go around the house taking photos. You'd just get like the room it's in along with some neighboring rooms depending on the walls and such. So they figured instead of a photo of the room, you could video the room instead.

But yes, it's those blaming anything but themselves that we live in this world. Where parents use TV/Games to babysit kids and blame their poor development on the school system instead of their poor parenting.

End rant on that...

I'm not surprised by the survey, kids see those products as a status symbol along with it's usefulness for web surfing and gaming. I really don't think even that parents should even consider the mini as it is too much to give a child in that age range for Christmas. I can see the upper end of the range getting better use of it, but really 6-9 year olds have even less use and would probably have a higher chance of damaging those Apple products.

150cc (All Items): 49-7013-6157-1921

Balloon Battle (All Items): 04-7760-0414-7349

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Moblin

3DS Friend Code:
5198-3415-2165
Gamer Greg wrote:

But yes, it's those blaming anything but themselves that we live in this world. Where parents use TV/Games to babysit kids and blame their poor development on the school system instead of their poor parenting.

End rant on that...

Starting rant again....lol.

Totally agree, I have my little 8 year old's content on her 3DS and the Wii U fully monitored and locked out if need be. Me and my wife actually got her a Nook Tablet last week (great black Friday deal), she has really been enjoying it. I used the parental settings to lock out the internet browser and YouTube, she really has no business nor any kind of need right now to be on either. I've even explained it to her throughly and she understands.

PArents don't realize just how well parental controls work these days, and they really help the parent out too, they just need to go to settings and turn them on. But some of them are even to lazy to do that. I have to say parents are getting VERY lazy when it comes to parenting and showing them good manners these days.

2nd end rant.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 am
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
batmanjokergorden wrote:
Gamer Greg wrote:

End rant on that...

Starting rant again....lol.

Totally agree, I have my little 8 year old's content on her 3DS and the Wii U fully monitored and locked out if need be. Me and my wife actually got her a Nook Tablet last week (great black Friday deal), she has really been enjoying it. I used the parental settings to lock out the internet browser and YouTube, she really has no business nor any kind of need right now to be on either. I've even explained it to her throughly and she understands.

PArents don't realize just how well parental controls work these days, and they really help the parent out too, they just need to go to settings and turn them on. But some of them are even to lazy to do that. I have to say parents are getting VERY lazy when it comes to parenting and showing them good manners these days.

2nd end rant.

Agreed! I know some teenagers who know the parental codes to their family TV and game systems. What's the point of that?? If you enable them, don't tell the kids, or it is just pointless.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]