It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Heavy decline in 3DS sales. 
Forum Administrator

Post Re: Heavy decline in 3DS sales.
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
[stuff]. . .Mario Kart would finally be able to achieve competency as a racer.

*coughgag*

Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm
Forum Administrator

NNID: hattrick
3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
The next Mario Kart needs to bring something new to the table, other cart racers have offered way more in the time of the last one. User created levels via ModNation, online lobbys, voice, and in game achievements and series trademark collectibles via Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing, evolving tracks and better landscapes...unless Ninty is selling Mario Kart on name alone...

Every Mario Kart has brought something new than the one before it, so I would be VERY surprised if Mario Kart 3DS did not do that.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

NNID: DarkWish
3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
SirVenom wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

*coughgag*

This. Mario Kart is probably the reason why Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and ModNation Racers exists, as competition. ModNation Racers definitely has great customization options and all that, but as a kart racer it's rather lame. And Sonic & SEGA tries to copy Mario Kart so much that it doesn't even try to hide it, I definitely remember telling you that while playing it Trist. Other games may have more features in some aspects, but Mario Kart is so much better in my opinion and in the opinions of many, many others.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
DarkWish wrote:
SirVenom wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

*coughgag*

This. Mario Kart is probably the reason why Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and ModNation Racers exists, as competition. ModNation Racers definitely has great customization options and all that, but as a kart racer it's rather lame. And Sonic & SEGA tries to copy Mario Kart so much that it doesn't even try to hide it, I definitely remember telling you that while playing it Trist. Other games may have more features in some aspects, but Mario Kart is so much better in my opinion and in the opinions of many, many others.

And those games didn't do nearly as good as MK.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
The next Mario Kart needs to bring something new to the table

Well what do you know...
Quote:
A portion of a Nintendo Power interview with Hideki Konno...

NP: How are things going with Mario Kart for 3DS?

HK: Now that Nintendogs + Cats is done, I've been able to spend more time and energy on Mario Kart development. We really want to bring a bunch of new elements into the game, and I'm really looking forward to the time that I can announce what those elements are. Perhaps we'll be able to talk in more detail at this year's E3 event.

Wed May 04, 2011 3:20 am
Profile WWW
5000+ Club

A simple internet search will reveal that the Nintendo 3DS just experienced its worst sales in JPN thus far falling below 18K in JPN even in the midst of 17K Steel Diver sales. Hopefully Nintendo is scrambling and moving up four key titles to release this year instead of just guaranteeing two.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
A simple internet search will reveal that the Nintendo 3DS just experienced its worst sales in JPN thus far falling below 18K in JPN even in the midst of 17K Steel Diver sales. Hopefully Nintendo is scrambling and moving up four key titles to release this year instead of just guaranteeing two.

You keep repeating that Nintendo doesn't have many key titles this year, and I keep repeating that Nintendo has very clearly said they will discuss more titles at E3. So really, your continued posts on this subject are rather pointless since it's been said over and over that there's nothing more to be said. Just wait until E3, it's not that far away.

Thu May 19, 2011 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

You keep repeating that Nintendo doesn't have many key titles this year, and I keep repeating that Nintendo has very clearly said they will discuss more titles at E3. So really, your continued posts on this subject are rather pointless since it's been said over and over that there's nothing more to be said. Just wait until E3, it's not that far away.

Just because you have nothing more to say doesn't mean there's no more to be said. Hopefully the titles they discuss at E3 are set to release by this holiday season, or the 3DS sales will not be too great.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm
5000+ Club

DarkWish wrote:
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:

When did I say there wasnt many key titles? I was under the impression that Nintendo was under the impression that their launch line up of titles was the greatest ever. Nintendogs should have been a key title, Super Street Fighter IV 3D should have been a key title, Steel Diver should have been a key title, in Japan Layton should have been a key title. Nintendo did release key titles, consumers just didnt find them compelling. Mario Kart and Super Mario are the only big contenders left, and well those are in the late part of the year. Not talking about the sales wont make the issue go away, surely there is room for discussion.

schmete wrote:
Hopefully the titles they discuss at E3 are set to release by this holiday season, or the 3DS sales will not be too great.

Im hoping for some surprising and tantalizing new IP, as I think that is what they need, unfortunately, Steel Diver was not it.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
unfortunately, Steel Diver was not it.

LOL no, it certainly was not.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:
Just because you have nothing more to say doesn't mean there's no more to be said. Hopefully the titles they discuss at E3 are set to release by this holiday season, or the 3DS sales will not be too great.

Don't twist my words. I would love to hear more said on the subject... just not more of the same. Trist said nothing new and we've already discussed that multiple times, it's quite boring. I have no problem with discussing things, nor did I say I have nothing to discuss at all (just on this subject)... it just gets old hearing the same thing said over and over. You want more games Trist, we get it.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:

Don't twist my words. I would love to hear more said on the subject... just not more of the same. Trist said nothing new and we've already discussed that multiple times, it's quite boring. I have no problem with discussing things, nor did I say I have nothing to discuss at all (just on this subject)... it just gets old hearing the same thing said over and over. You want more games Trist, we get it.

I just assumed you were the one who said that there was nothing more to be said, since that's, like, your catch phrase. Plus, there are no earlier posts where someone said there was nothing more to be said, or anything like that, until you did a few posts ago, so technically, you are the one who said that, making it reasonable for me to believe you were the one who thinks there is nothing more to be said.

And I'm pretty sure Trist is allowed to say that he wants more games. I dont' see why you have such a problem with it. He, like me, is hopeful that Nintendo will release some compelling software for the 3DS. Why is that so bad?

Fri May 20, 2011 12:28 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
What do you have to gain by saying it over and over and over though? You're free to do so, but that doesn't make it any less annoying or pointless. I agree with you, we need more games... I just don't feel an urge to repeat that in every one of my posts like others here.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
What do you have to gain by saying it over and over and over though? You're free to do so, but that doesn't make it any less annoying or pointless. I agree with you, we need more games... I just don't feel an urge to repeat that in every one of my posts like others here.

What do you lose when he does that? Can't you just ignore it?

Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
schmete wrote:

If he's allowed to repeat his opinion over and over, I'm allowed to express my opinion that I'd rather not hear it over and over. Enough said. Now let's get back to the topic.

Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokémon Master

DarkWish wrote:
schmete wrote:

If he's allowed to repeat his opinion over and over, I'm allowed to express my opinion that I'd rather not hear it over and over. Enough said. Now let's get back to the topic.

So, rather than demonstrate how you think you he should be acting, you perpetuate the problem by doing exactly what you don't like. That logic not only doesn't solve the problem, but it makes you look childish.

Fri May 20, 2011 5:56 pm
Forum Administrator

3DS Friend Code:
1590-4688-7305
Now, let's all play nice, children. :smile:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Metroid Blaster

hattrick wrote:

Yeah, I thought we were over this.

Besides, this topic is basically about how 3DS games aren't that strong anyway.

So other than a new IP, what do you guys think can help redeem the 3DS? What about the 3DS store?

Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 pm
Pokémon Master

SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:
hattrick wrote:

So other than a new IP, what do you guys think can help redeem the 3DS? What about the 3DS store?

Strong software support in general will save the 3DS from its current downward spiral. The PSP is considered an unsuccessful system for the its lack of consistent software support from both first and third party devs. If we see such sparse releases for the lifetime of the system, the 3DS will go the way of the PSP.

The store could help the system, but it won't save it. However, for the store to help, it's going to have to be comparale to the PSN and XBLA, which likely isn't going to happen.

Tue May 24, 2011 4:56 pm
Mr. Game & Watch

Yup, Nintendo needs to show some more support. Hopefully there will be a lot of new 3DS announcements at E3 next month. My 3DS is getting dusty.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:16 pm
5000+ Club

SirWetBiscuitJr. wrote:
hattrick wrote:

I dont think the 3DS store will be as relevant as the PSN with the PSP and cross support for some games on the PS3 too and competition from the PS Suite platform too. People will enjoy playing and rebuying classics but I cant think thats a main feature to get people to get the system or cause high sales of 3DS Points Cards versus those sold for PSN and XBL.

Strong games, what the 3DS needs are strong games this year, starting in July, not new game annoucnements for 2012, but new game announcements for this year, this summer even...but knowing Ninty, the only thing well see thats strong is Mario Bros and Mario Kart for release in the holiday time period, making this whole year l337suxx0rz. Im interested in Doctor Lautrec, Tales of the Abyss, and Devil Survivor Overclocked for my RPG fixes end of this summer and fall though, and thats probably all I will get on 3DS this year thats been announced.

EDIT: And Sonic Generations

Tue May 24, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Game & Watch

Cave Story is gonna be exciting.

Tue May 24, 2011 7:54 pm
Pokémon Master

Go watch Yahtzee's review of the 3DS, it's amazingly accurate.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm
5000+ Club

Well we can scratch out Mario Kart from being a saviour of the 3DS this year :/
Mario Kart 3DS May Be Delayed Until 2012

Wed May 25, 2011 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Podcast Producer

3DS Friend Code:
4768-7442-9149
xXxTrIsTxXx wrote:
Well we can scratch out Mario Kart from being a saviour of the 3DS this year :/
Mario Kart 3DS May Be Delayed Until 2012

Wow, that's terrible logic. So because he didn't specifically say 2011, we're now to assume the worst? I'm sorry, that's just terrible logic.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next